(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,282 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 426.
#14201 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

My kid made me a topper for Father’s Day. One of a kind!
[quoted image]

Love everything about this

#14202 1 year ago

Good fix, @KSP1138, but I think I would have re-flowed that (+) connection as well.

#14203 1 year ago

Noticed some dimpling on my machine down by the map above the flippers…nothing life altering but still surprising on a brand new game with around 30 plays. Should i be bringing this up with the distro or just normal stuff?

#14204 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Noticed some dimpling on my machine down by the map above the flippers…nothing life altering but still surprising on a brand new game with around 30 plays. Should i be bringing this up with the distro or just normal stuff?

normal

#14205 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good fix, KSP1138, but I think I would have re-flowed that (+) connection as well.

I'm saving that for the next time I need to take the T-rex out to fix something, and the + connection was solid enough that it wasn't going to come off anytime soon.

#14206 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

The game is ruined. I’ll give you 5k for your defective machine.

Normal, play it more and the dimples disappear.

#14207 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

play it more and the dimples disappear.

I'm going to call this out as IMO a comon misconception. Mine has some dimples that are not easy to see and I don't care, they are caused by air balls which are fairly rare in JP.

After over 2000 games on my JP there is absolutley no sign that it will become so dimpled that they will all join up and smooth out. I doubt that would even happen after a million games as some areas are much more likely to have air balls than others.

I had a MMR-LE that I owned for 6 years and played 3000 games on and the dimples were still there and not joining up.

I have seen 30 - 40 year old games that have been on route for decades and have zero dimpling. That is not because the dimples have all joined up and in some incredible miracle were all exactly the same depth so it looks smooth and perfect. That just doesn't happen.

What does happen over time is that you will care less about the dimples and more about playing better

#14208 1 year ago

My GOT pro was pretty uniform after 10k plays or so.

#14209 1 year ago

Gotta say that my the favorite mods so far are (in order):

* my kid’s custom topper
* shaker motor
* illuminated amber shooter rod (looks cool and feels good in the hand)
* mr. tantrum’s Barbasol can - that flasher is too bright naked and the greenish coolant tubes at the bottom of the mod look super cool when the flasher fires. Nice work!

#14210 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Gotta say that my the favorite mods so far are (in order):
* my kid’s custom topper
* shaker motor
* illuminated amber shooter rod (looks cool and feels good in the hand)
* mr. tantrum’s Barbasol can - that flasher is too bright naked and the greenish coolant tubes at the bottom of the mod look super cool when the flasher fires. Nice work!

I fully agree with the barbasol can. I put several other mods on first and love them, but blocking that bright white light was super clutch. I do wish there was a way to get some light on map area though. When you play in a dark room that can be pretty dim.

#14211 1 year ago

Anyone know how to get ahold of the revised game code that uses the actual movie clips?

Thanks

#14213 1 year ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

I fully agree with the barbasol can. I put several other mods on first and love them, but blocking that bright white light was super clutch. I do wish there was a way to get some light on map area though. When you play in a dark room that can be pretty dim.

If Pinstadium lighting is not your thing, I suggest installing single or double spotlights on each of the slings to illuminate the center of the playfield.

#14214 1 year ago

Can someone explain to me why the left outlane is so heavily favored by this machine? I've confirmed the playfield is leveled but I'll have multiple games where I'll drain 3 to 4 times in a row in the let outlane from different areas. Is this a quirk of the game or something else?

#14215 1 year ago
Quoted from Gentax:

Can someone explain to me why the left outlane is so heavily favored by this machine? I've confirmed the playfield is leveled but I'll have multiple games where I'll drain 3 to 4 times in a row in the let outlane from different areas. Is this a quirk of the game or something else?

Bounces tend to take the ball that direction. That’s why there’s an outlane save over there.

#14216 1 year ago
Quoted from Gentax:

I changed the post's and rubbers, at both out-lanes up to the next size. It helped, but still a bitch.

20210418_101210 (resized).jpg20210418_101210 (resized).jpg
#14217 1 year ago

Can a ball even fit through there? Haha

#14218 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

I changed the post's and rubbers, at both out-lanes up to the next size. It helped, but still a bitch.
[quoted image]

i admit, i did that too... on my TWD

#14219 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can a ball even fit through there? Haha

Yes, still hungry lanes. I swear, I think they program the sling power to purposefully hit those outlanes.

#14220 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Yes, still hungry lanes. I swear, I think they program the sling power to purposefully hit those outlanes.

You can adjust them. But I would recommend to leave them factory.

#14222 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If Pinstadium lighting is not your thing, I suggest installing single or double spotlights on each of the slings to illuminate the center of the playfield.

Pluses and minuses to both, but really good suggestion. Thank you!

#14223 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

[quoted image]

I saw someone on Munster's actually drill holes closer....

#14224 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Could you please post the part numbers for the new posts and rubbers you fitted? I think I would enjoy mine more if it wasn't such a drain monster on the outlanes.
Sometimes I can give the game huge nudge as it's going down the outlane and the ball still goes straight down without touching anything. Other games I'm fairly good at saving outlane drains, JP not so much.

#14225 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Could you please post the part numbers for the new posts and rubbers you fitted? I think I would enjoy mine more if it wasn't such a drain monster on the outlanes.
Sometimes I can give the game huge nudge as it's going down the outlane and the ball still goes straight down without touching anything. Other games I'm fairly good at saving outlane drains, JP not so much.

You can buy the post and rubber separately or just get the post genie from pinball life
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14226 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

You can buy the post and rubber separately or just get the post genie from pinball life

Thanks for that, but unfortunately postage from Pinball Life to Australia is ridiculous

Post genie = $1.69

Postage for that to Australia = Cheapest option $50.63 - Dearest $105.49

#14227 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for that, but unfortunately postage from Pinball Life to Australia is ridiculous
Post genie = $1.69

That's an expensive post! You could just get a star post and fixings and 5/16" rubber

#14228 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Post genie = $1.69

It should be pretty easy to grab the parts you need from PSPA or RTBB

Alternatively you could ask Nino (RTBB) to bring some in, as I think he sources parts from Pinball Life

#14229 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Post genie = $1.69

It's just a standard star post, rubber, and appropriate length machine screw. Super common parts. I did this on my GoTG.

#14230 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

I'm going to call this out as IMO a comon misconception. Mine has some dimples that are not easy to see and I don't care, they are caused by air balls which are fairly rare in JP.
After over 2000 games on my JP there is absolutley no sign that it will become so dimpled that they will all join up and smooth out. I doubt that would even happen after a million games as some areas are much more likely to have air balls than others.
I had a MMR-LE that I owned for 6 years and played 3000 games on and the dimples were still there and not joining up.
I have seen 30 - 40 year old games that have been on route for decades and have zero dimpling. That is not because the dimples have all joined up and in some incredible miracle were all exactly the same depth so it looks smooth and perfect. That just doesn't happen.
What does happen over time is that you will care less about the dimples and more about playing better

I got my Premium about a month ago, and zero dimples. My Godzilla LE, on the other hand.......

#14231 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Actually I was talking about the inside post. I changed it from the metal post with a 7/16 od rubber to a plastic post with a 3/16 rubber.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9357-13

#14232 1 year ago

Do I want pinstadiums in my JP premium? If so, which set? Thanks!

#14233 1 year ago

Does anyone know the spec on how much power can be drawn from the cabinet node board?

I'm trying to power the Stern shooter rod, leg lights, and lighted flipper buttons from there but can't seem to get them all working.

#14234 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Post genie = $1.69

#14235 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Does anyone know the spec on how much power can be drawn from the cabinet node board?
I'm trying to power the Stern shooter rod, leg lights, and lighted flipper buttons from there but can't seem to get them all working.

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-cabinet-mounting.html

#14236 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Do I want pinstadiums in my JP premium? If so, which set? Thanks!

Personally I like them on this game, they help in my dark game room. I think the set I got were the "neos" but not sure how they differ from the others. Got them on a black Friday deal and happy with them.

#14237 1 year ago

Would anyone know where I can get a replacement insert on the right side where the pricing is shown on my JP Pro. (The yellow game pricing paper). I’ve seen a few on peoples machines in pictures where they replaced it with a cooler insert with Dino’s on it.

#14238 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Would anyone know where I can get a replacement insert on the right side where the pricing is shown on my JP Pro. (The yellow game pricing paper). I’ve seen a few on peoples machines in pictures where they replaced it with a cooler insert with Dino’s on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

#14239 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5151222
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032 (these were resized for printing)

Printing instructions are in the first post of that thread

#14241 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Depends on which connector. CN11 is ~2A.

#14242 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Actually I was talking about the inside post. I changed it from the metal post with a 7/16 od rubber to a plastic post with a 3/16 rubber.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9357-13

This game definitely can be drainy and its great for the home environment and improving skills. Im not a good player by any stretch but that said respectfully I dont know what shocks me more... the fact you basically made the outliane, not an outlane, or that some owners are following suite. You guys are talking about it like its a fix not a change. To me its borderline cheating lol. If its your game by all means do what you want to get the most enjoyment but for me I just close the lanes as much as possible from factory set up... and try and play better. I find if I have a good game its more rewarding. But each to their own.

Just looked at the oitlane pic again on JP.. how the eff does a ball ever go out? Lol

#14243 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

This game definitely can be drainy and its great for the home environment and improving skills. Im not a good player by any stretch but that said respectfully I dont know what shocks me more... the fact you basically made the outliane, not an outlane, or that some owners are following suite. You guys are talking about it like its a fix not a change. To me its borderline cheating lol. If its your game by all means do what you want to get the most enjoyment but for me I just close the lanes as much as possible from factory set up... and try and play better. I find if I have a good game its more rewarding. But each to their own.
Just looked at the oitlane pic again... how the eff does a ball ever go out? Lol

I’m fully on board with if it’s your game set it up however you want to have most fun. It’s not cheating, it’s your game not a competition, you spent a lot of money on it, how dumb would it be to spend all that money and not have the most amount of fun possible from it.

I don’t have the outlane genies but I’ve considered them for when I get older and can’t nudge any more. I do play JP on 5 balls though, if I have a game at home I want to see the wizard modes, for me escape nublar would have only ever happened 2 times on 3 balls in about 1500 games. I want to play them more than that. I also increase my ball save times on wizard and mini wizard modes, when I get to them I want to see as much as possible of them.

Set up your games however you have most fun, don’t let someone make you feel bad about it.

#14244 1 year ago

Not really familiar with how long Stern runs games. I would like to order a JP Premium for a new game room that will be ready in just under a year. Does Stern usually notify before ending production on a game?

#14245 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Not really familiar with how long Stern runs games. I would like to order a JP Premium for a new game room that will be ready in just under a year. Does Stern usually notify before ending production on a game?

Usually yes.

#14246 1 year ago

Just an FYI, I was noticing audio distortion during certain callouts/speaking clips. I disconnected the head speakers connector from the CPU first and could clearly hear the bottom cabinet speaker was blown. Touched the paper cone and it was all rattling and not tight. Since I use an external sub and speaker bar on Led Zeppelin, I just poached its bottom speaker and moved it to Jurassic.

#14247 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just looked at the oitlane pic again on JP.. how the eff does a ball ever go out? Lol

For me I just can't put my finger why the outlanes are so hungry but its hard to not notice getting 4 left drains in a row or having multiple multiballs end with two balls draining in the outlanes at the same time, heck one multiball I had THREE balls drain on the left at once.

#14248 1 year ago

Hey all, I thought I'd post a link to these JP parts since I no longer need them and thought someone here could use them. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137828

#14249 1 year ago

Just thought I'd post a picture of the Art of Pinballs Trex and signs. The Trex is an incredible improvement over the original. Relatively easy installation with detailed instruction video included. Highly recommended improvement to your JP.

Attached are a few pictures....available to purchase in the states at little shop of games website.

image0 5 (resized).jpegimage0 5 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpeg
#14250 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just thought I'd post a picture of the Art of Pinballs Trex and signs

Looks great! liorillusion does AMAZING work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 35.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/285 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.