(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 424.
#14051 1 year ago

Just listed this Pingraffix Apron if anyone is interested. It looks awesome and wish I could use it but it is for the Pro model only and I have a premium.

Mod - For Sale
Pingraffix Apron Archived
New (selling multiple) - “Purchased this apron not knowing it was only for the Pro model. Brand new as it wouldn't work on my premium. It looks way better then the original apron! If your apron has insid...”
2022-06-04
Lutherville-timonium, MD
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 155 times

#14052 1 year ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Just posted a set of pingraffix holografic side art blades if anyone is looking for a set cheap.

I'll take them if you still have them. I sent a message on your add. I may not be able to use the game but at least it can look good.

#14053 1 year ago
Quoted from robbie:

Don't you think it would be wise to look for the lost screw first?

From my experience, missing parts (screws etc) will only appear after money is spent on replacements.

The longer you delay the order, the longer it will take to find it.

#14054 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

I'll take them if you still have them. I sent a message on your add. I may not be able to use the game but at least it can look good.

Don’t you have a premium ?

If so you’re wasting your money.

#14055 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

From my experience, missing parts (screws etc) will only appear after money is spent on replacements.
The longer you delay the order, the longer it will take to find it.

Haha this is so true. It ended up being #6 screw needed but half inch length due to the spacer and washer.

Im sure ill find the original now in no time. Usually they are stuck to the subwoofer but not this time

#14056 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Don’t you have a premium ?
If so you’re wasting your money.

I do have a premium, why would it be a waste? These are the side art for the cabinet, correct? Mine are just black. Were they supposed to have had artwork?

#14057 1 year ago

I meant to post on Friday after leaving the FedEx hub but the day got away from me as I was having too much fun with my JP Prem. After being on the waiting list for over a year, it's finally home. Quite a new machine too - May 20, 2022 manufacture date.

O5buuzG (resized).jpegO5buuzG (resized).jpeg
#14058 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just spit balling here, but the way it works is that the game knows there's a ball in the mouth of the dinosaur when the ball is blocking the beam from the optos that are in the mouth. If for some reason the ball isn't blocking that opto beam then the game wouldn't realize there's a ball in the mouth. That's the only thing I can think of for why it would hold onto it and cause a ball search every time. Can you check in switch test to see if a ball resting in the mouth is causing that opto to register? Maybe the emitter or receiver opto is out of alignment or maybe the spot where the ball rests in the mouth is slightly off for some reason (maybe the magnet in the mouth is slightly mis-aligned)? Again, just guessing but maybe something worth checking if you haven't already.

Hi, I believe it knows (at first anyways) as it goes through the little chomp chomp deal to show she's eaten the ball. Is there a way to test the opto's through the service menu? I'm open to doing stuff like that but afraid I'll do more damage then good if I really start to tear into things such as removing the T-Rex etc. IDK. maybe easy but I have no clue.

Every new Stern should come with a 4 week class in Pinball repair. lol

#14059 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If you go into game specific feature settings go to setting 340, which is middle position bias (or something like that). Going off memory if your trex is going down too far to the right go negative (-1 for example instead of factory default 0), and do the opposite if trex is going down too far to the right, etc. They allow you to really dial in this mech with these adjustments.
Will take a little fiddling, but this helped me tremendously.
Let me know if you arent understanding what I am telling you, and ill try and do better to walk you thought it.

Ok, yes I understand what you mean, a way to calibrate the location. I did find this and it was -3. I've now got it at 1 and it's about perfect. Unfortunately the original problem still exists. Thanks though, that solved another issue!

#14060 1 year ago

Hi, I believe it knows (at first anyways) as it goes through the little chomp chomp deal to show she's eaten the ball. Is there a way to test the opto's through the service menu? I'm open to doing stuff like that but afraid I'll do more damage then good if I really start to tear into things such as removing the T-Rex etc. IDK. maybe easy but I have no clue.
Every new Stern should come with a 4 week class in Pinball repair. lol

Depends on which T-Rex mode your talking about and the setting of the machine. T-Rex multiball starts when the ball crosses the ramp entrance opto, so for that one whether the ball is in the mouth or not it will still do the chomp chomp.

If your machine has the menu option set to only start T-Rex modes on a catch and it’s also doing the same thing holding the ball until a ball search for the other T-Rex modes then that’s a head scratcher.

#14061 1 year ago

I do have a premium, why would it be a waste? These are the side art for the cabinet, correct? Mine are just black. Were they supposed to have had artwork?

The Pro apron uses a different method of how it bolts onto the PF compared to a Prem or LE. So you won’t easily be able to install or use it on your machine (which is why the original op is selling it)

#14062 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Where do you grab the power for a tilt topper? Just picked one up second hand without instructions. Thanks!
[quoted image]

You are going to need an adapter for that.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/power-adapters/products/ticket-12v-power-tap-spike-system

#14063 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The Pro apron uses a different method of how it bolts onto the PF compared to a Prem or LE. So you won’t easily be able to install or use it on your machine (which is why the original op is selling it)

OIC, the seller has two listings. I bought the art blades from him. I see he has the apron for sale as well.

#14064 1 year ago

Out of curiosity, is JP considered a hard game to play? Being new to the hobby and not very skilled at this I seem to have a hell of a time hitting any shots. I had a chance to play a 2006 Stern Pirates of the Caribbean at the movie theater yesterday and found it seemed much easier to play. Would an easier game been better for a starter game? Or perhaps I just suck at this.

#14065 1 year ago

Out of curiosity, is JP considered a hard game to play? Being new to the hobby and not very skilled at this I seem to have a hell of a time hitting any shots. I had a chance to play a 2006 Stern Pirates of the Caribbean at the movie theater yesterday and found it seemed much easier to play. Would an easier game been better for a starter game? Or perhaps I just suck at this.

Better to learn on a great, but difficult game than settle for something easy and mediocre. Make sure the game is level and within the recommended pitch range. Maybe try moving the outlane posts to an easier position to start off with. Hard to improve on most anything in life without challenging yourself. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

#14066 1 year ago

well, JP is quite a hard game, but about your ask, this is not from where you have to see it :

the fact is more : do you have fun with it anyway ? or his difficulty makes you frustrated every time you play it ?
if you go for the second answer, than may be its better for you to go for something else, in recent STERN (to easy swap with your JP) i would say as an easy pin DEADPOOL, or even more easy MUNSTERS

#14067 1 year ago

I find JP to be very non-traditional in terms of the layout. That actually goes for most Elwin games - they don't "click" for me very quickly. If you liked that POTC (I just played one yesterday) I agree there are a lot of other pins with easier layouts. I'm with RipleYYY - Munsters would be my #1 "easy layout" choice for a newer pin. Some might get bored with it quickly, but the shots are very satisfying and are clearly laid out. It would be a great starting pin if you can enjoy the cutesy theme.

#14068 1 year ago

Has any of you bought this topper on eBay? Just wondering. Looks pretty cool.

C867116E-E27C-4DF7-B0E5-99BDD5928B41 (resized).jpegC867116E-E27C-4DF7-B0E5-99BDD5928B41 (resized).jpeg
#14069 1 year ago

I felt the same way when I first got mine, Lowering the flipper power to around "220" mine is now set to "218" made a huge difference I can regularly hit some very satisfying combos. Also watch the video where Elwin explains all the rules, the depth of rules makes this a great long term pin.
For a couple of other fun flow games id recommend Star Trek and Attack from mars, id say these are great for general pinball fun require less strategy and are more approachable for non pinball enthusiasts. Having JP and one of those titles in my opinion would be a great balance.

#14070 1 year ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Lowering the flipper power to around "120" mine is now set to "118" made a huge difference

Is this accurate? Factory setting is 255. Do you really mean 120 and 118? Your settings are super-soft. Mine are in the 220 range...

#14071 1 year ago

JP is also my first pin and I am a noob as well.

My machine has like 750 total plays or so. Not all of them are mine but probably around 700 or so are mine.

And I still feel like I suck lol. However, I am FINALLY starting to be a bit more consistent and now I am breaking 100 million pretty regularly, even into the 200-300 somewhat regular. Prior to that, most of my games were like 25-75 million with higher scores being an outlier. Now those 25-75 million games happen every now and then when I just have a really bad game and bad luck.

However, I did play some other Stern machines last week at Galloping Ghosts and I definitely thought they felt easier. I especially thought Godzilla felt easier than JP. One thing I noticed too was that the ball just seemed to travel slower in those games. I believe it was because flipper power was lower than what I had. Also the slingshots were super low powered, honestly lower than seems fair because of how little the ball bounced off.

But JP is punishing as hell lol. Like there are so many misses that will go super fast directly down the drain or even to the outlane.

A few things I have done to mine that made it "easier".

- Extended ball saves to the longest the settings let me.
- Changed the DNA combos needed to get the extra ball lit. I didn't go to the lowest, but I think it was like 8 or 6 or something by default maybe and I cut it in half.
- Lowered slingshot power but not as low as the ones like I explained above. Can get exact number if you are interested.
- Lowered flipper power to I believe 225 on the lower 2 - kept the upper default.
- Moved the outlane posts to make it as small a gap as possible. The one on the right side is a pain in the ass to move though, and honestly, I felt like it made no difference. I expected to have noticeably less drains on the outlane but I still got a ton of em lol.

I think that is pretty much it. I am definitely getting better ball control now too I feel. One thing that I found VERY hard to do being a noob, is to just not hit the flipper every time the ball hits it. Just letting it bounce across to the other flipper to gain control makes such a huge difference, but it was tough to get out of the habit of always hitting the ball. I still struggle with it but not as much.

#14072 1 year ago

I went full circle by playing jp early and not liking it, fast forward my skills are better and I consider it one of the best shooting pinball machines made yet.

You will most likely not appreciate Jp if you are a novice or have little experience playing.

Learning to drive on a ferrari wont make you a good driver nor appreciate the ferrari as you have nothing to compare it to.
You gotta drive a few turds first for a while to know what makes a good car.

lol enjoy!

#14073 1 year ago

I happen to have both machines side by side. The POTC is my machine when I don’t want to think about rules. It’s an obvious shooter and I feel successful nearly every game. The JP-premium machine is much more of a mental commitment. I have to think about every shot, and the sequence of what I have done previously. My game “success” rate for JP is much lower. My third machine is GOTG which feels somewhere in between. Not as deep, a bit of strategy, but just a fun shooter.

#14074 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I happen to have both machines side by side. The POTC is my machine when I don’t want to think about rules. It’s an obvious shooter and I feel successful nearly every game. The JP-premium machine is much more of a mental commitment. I have to think about every shot, and the sequence of what I have done previously. My game “success” rate for JP is much lower. My third machine is GOTG which feels somewhere in between. Not as deep, a bit of strategy, but just a fun shooter.

I enjoy Gotg too. Just a fun shooter

#14075 1 year ago

I don't think it's an easy game, and I think that's good for home ownership since it keeps you interested in wanting to play it better. It has a challenging layout. Also a rules set that you could try to get through by keeping the ball safer by just starting Control Room modes or T-Rex modes and not really focusing on them while they're running, but those modes are just too fun and tempting to resist. And shots to the truck often put the ball in a lot of danger, so there's that challenge too. It's not easy to shoot, but it's super fun to play.

#14076 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

I had seen one of these (maybe an earlier version with less stickers) before I got my JP but then I couldn’t find it again. I really like it, but would probably try to order with 80% less stickers

#14077 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I had seen one of these (maybe an earlier version with less stickers) before I got my JP but then I couldn’t find it again. I really like it, but would probably try to order with 80% less stickers

It is a lot of stickers hahahaha

#14078 1 year ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there such a thing as “van envy”? Looks like that could fit a bunch of pins…

#14079 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

My buddy bought one and said it's complete pile of sh$t. Lol wouldn't even show it to me said it was so bad. He just trashed it.

#14080 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

My buddy bought one and said it's complete pile of sh$t. Lol wouldn't even show it to me said it was so bad. He just trashed it.

It looks like crap too imo lol.

#14081 1 year ago

Thanks
I’ll avoid

#14082 1 year ago

I’m sure this has been addressed somewhere in the forum. I just installed Lior’s trex head and something nice apparently done now causes my t-Rex to over shift to the left and just get stuck clicking there. I can’t get through the horizontal test without this occurring. Any thoughts?

#14083 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

Very cool....how much is it? couldn't find it on Ebay

#14084 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Lowered flipper power to I believe 225 on the lower 2 - kept the upper default.

Where is the setting to adjust the flipper power?

I can't find it.

#14085 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Where is the setting to adjust the flipper power?
I can't find it.

It's one of the Feature Adjustments (under Adjust -> Game), from memory it's up in the Feature Adjustment # 3xx range

#14086 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I’m sure this has been addressed somewhere in the forum. I just installed Luke’s trex head and something nice apparently done now causes my t-Rex to over shift to the left and just get stuck clicking there. I can’t get through the horizontal test without this occurring. Any thoughts?

What is Luke's T-Rex head? Sorry, I'm brand new here.

#14087 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's one of the Feature Adjustments (under Adjust -> Game), from memory it's up in the Feature Adjustment # 3xx range

I recently got my game (used) and just checked and saw I don't have the latest code.

I think that's why I can't see it. I will update and hopefully find the setting.

Edit: Found it! Still need to update though. Thanks for the reply.

#14088 1 year ago

Went down to play a quick game before bed and shot 280 million points! I realize that's not all that amazing for you guys but having never broken 100M prior it was an awesome game. Anyways, I'm excited and the wife could care less. Gotta tell someone. lol

#14090 1 year ago

What is Luke's T-Rex head? Sorry, I'm brand new here.

Sorry. Edited. Lior’s t-Rex head from Art of Pinball. Cheers.

#14091 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Right Orbit Opto stopped working (O shot) - This is not the airball problem. I go into switch test. If I roll a ball by other optos, TREX ramp, left orbit etc... Switch test triggers the motion. If I roll a ball by the Opto in the O shot nothing happens. Is it simply a matter of ordering new Opto parts shown below, the emitter and receiver, or is there something else to possibly check or test?[quoted image]

So I replaced the optos for right orbit and it is still not working.
If i go into switch test, it is 50/50 whether it registers ball/finger moving by or stationary in front of it, during gameplay it almost never registers it, any thoughts on what to check? I figured it was a bad opto but i guess it is something else.

Edited - Ok, nevermind, double checked all connections, removed bracket, put back in, tightened it all back up again and it seems to be working again... hopefully it continues to

#14092 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

If i go into switch test, it is 50/50 whether it registers ball/finger moving by or stationary in front of it, during gameplay it almost never registers it, any thoughts on what to check? I figured it was a bad opto but i guess it is something else.

Opto beam may be slightly out of alignment. Have you tried the tape fix?

#14093 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Opto beam may be slightly out of alignment. Have you tried the tape fix?

I just edited my post, removed bracket, adjusted a bit, retightened and verified connectors, seems good to go now. I think you were right, i did a switch test with the bracket removed from the game and it worked 100%, so probably alignment when it was seated in the game.

#14094 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Edited - Ok, nevermind, double checked all connections, removed bracket, put back in, tightened it all back up again and it seems to be working again... hopefully it continues to

I still have the occasional miss on the Trex ramp... Stern sent me replacement optos but have not installed yet... very intermittent..

#14095 1 year ago

Just curious what your guys most satisfying hits in this game are.

My #1 is definitely the smart missle. Oh that feels so good when you nail it and the sound effects that follow.

I think my second favorite one may be the control room shot when going for a control room mode. It's like I hold my breathe and then when it hits it and stays up there, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

But so many of the other shots just are so satisfying in this game. The right orbit is up there too, when I am actually intentionally trying to hit it and do hit it.

#14096 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

My #1 is definitely the smart missle. Oh that feels so good when you nail it and the sound effects that follow.
I think my second favorite one may be the control room shot when going for a control room mode. It's like I hold my breathe and then when it hits it and stays up there, I can breathe a sigh of relief.
But so many of the other shots just are so satisfying in this game. The right orbit is up there too, when I am actually intentionally trying to hit it and do hit it.

Right orbit is so smooooooth. Lol
Left orbit is good but such a random shot that hitting it is the opposite of a feel good.

Anything + Tower combo, just so cool.

This game is cool!!!

The tower and the rigth orbit are so tough! I have not figured out a consistent way to get the tower every time. Any pointers?

#14097 1 year ago

Found invalid frenzy. Still have not made it to the visitors center on this premium... but was 1 away. Great game!

20220606_195821 (resized).jpg20220606_195821 (resized).jpg
#14098 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Double smart missile combo.

Smart missile for 5 rescues
Drop out of pops to upper flipper.
Tower shot
Smart missile for extra ball

#14099 1 year ago

After well over a year of JP preorders, deposits and frustrations we finally have our JP. Best thing about it is was loaded when we got it though I’ve been able to add a few mods anyhow… as one does.

That said I had been gathering parts for our game/s on order including a one of a kind Tilt topper custom made for me to have rgb lighting instead of the single color that every other Tilt JP topper has. Since the game we ended up buying has a Stern topper I’m considering selling or trading this unique Tilt topper. Before I do that I wonder if there’s any interest in a trade for a Lior T-Rex head?

Lmk if so.
Thanks - Kevin

CF98890E-3064-4A02-B120-8E106F91BA00 (resized).jpegCF98890E-3064-4A02-B120-8E106F91BA00 (resized).jpegD525AE25-7231-469B-A643-D1BAE46A74F2 (resized).jpegD525AE25-7231-469B-A643-D1BAE46A74F2 (resized).jpeg
#14100 1 year ago

Okay I'm really confused with this right opto issue. It'll work for a little bit and then it will stop working.
This time when it stopped working I removed it from the playfield and went into switch test passed my finger between the opto pieces and I would break the beam and the light would go out on the receiver however it would not register for the switch test.
Would love to hear any ideas if anyone has them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/282?hl=grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.