(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 426.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Forgot Iron Maiden, Munsters -"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"
Star Trek was fine when it released, it was the vault that cratered.

Star Trek Pro was my first NIB, purchased in 2015. It developed chipping under one of the sling posts. I just put some mylar down and kept playing.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I have to say waiting for the first couple runs of production to get all the kinks worked out may be the way to go from here on out. Add 'pooling' to the long list of manufacturer defects.
Questions to ask when buying a used Stern machine...
Transformers-"Does your machine have wrinkled decals?"
AC/DC Premium-"Is your window clear or is it hazy?"
Metallica/Aerosmith-"Is your cabinet splitting or cracked?"
Ghostbusters-"Do you have ghosted inserts?"
Star Trek-"How deep are your craters on the playfield?"
Star Wars/Deadpool-"How bad is your playfield planking?"
Jurassic Park-"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"
Oy Vey!

Metallica (from Ghostbusters timeline) can also suffer from ghosted inserts

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They boil down to 'make sure you stack'.. well, duh

Lol. I’ll be sure to spend the hours of my uncompensated time tailoring a completely free rulesheet to your exact needs. Your post that expressed your inability to get past a certain score thresholds included admissions that you were focusing on only one particular strategy. In which case, those “duh” strategies would be perfect for you. I even went into a bunch more detail in my reply on this thread.

Spend more time reading carefully —and playing the game — and less time doing your keyboard complaining shtick.

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Lol. I’ll be sure to spend the hours of my uncompensated time tailoring a completely free rulesheet to your exact needs. Your post that expressed your inability to get past a certain score thresholds included admissions that you were focusing on only one particular strategy. In which case, those “duh” strategies would be perfect for you. I even went into a bunch more detail in my reply on this thread.
Spend more time reading carefully —and playing the game — and less time doing your keyboard complaining shtick.

Did I piss in your Cheerios all the way from here? My comment was that by saying “start modes” it doesn’t really help because as my post elaborated on... the whole thing was about the strategies of which modes make more sense or not.

The strategies section state:

Strategies

Basic: qualify and start modes and multiballs. CMB, in particular, will often get qualified in the background as long as you don’t ignore the “C” shot at the beginning of your game.
Advanced: Start mode(s) prior to stacking on a multiball. Mode shots can be worth more than a multiball’s Phase 1 shot, but advanced phases of multiballs are where the big points are waiting for the taking.
Expert: strategically choose which dinosaurs you capture prior to playing certain modes, multiballs, or features that are augmented by those dino’s Perks.

“Start mode prior to stacking on a multiball”. - what modes? Paddock? Trex? “Strategically choose”? You mean like... “play better”?

It’s like saying GoTG strategies should be “start modes, play multiball” - duh... but without any insight around the modes and how they interact or which may be better for mb... verse other play... it’s not that useful.

I didn’t come “complaining” - I asked for people’s input on strategies since this game has many modifiers and different twists.. to which you pointed me to a guide that literally says “strategically chose your your perks before playing a mode”... fascinating insight! /s. Pardon me for not licking your boot for contributing such deep thoughts.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did I piss in your Cheerios all the way from here?

There's been a lot of Flynn piss around here lately. Maybe zip it up for a while?

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

My only concerns here are having the wrong plunger spring installed at factory(what else might not be correct?) and this weak ass raptor gate....

Yep gategate is real. Just got my replacement the other day.
I believe Springate is real as well...should it be orange? Mine shipped green

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe Springate is real as well...should it be orange? Mine shipped green

Keith responded to me about it on Tilt, but he was wearing his Stern employee hat. The response was green or orange should be fine.

I have gotten an orange one but haven't swapped it out yet

#1358 4 years ago

I think I’ve pulled the plunger on this game 5 times in 200 games. I just like using the autolaunch. Had to dial it in, but it makes the ramp 98% of the time for me now.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I’ve pulled the plunger on this game 5 times in 200 games. I just like using the autolaunch. Had to dial it in, but it makes the ramp 98% of the time for me now.

Same, I don't see much value in manual plunging since the nature of the skill shot is how you flip it.

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same, I don't see much value in manual plunging since the nature of the skill shot is how you flip it.

My understanding is that there are a couple other secret skill shots that can be achieved by short plunging the ball and immediately hitting either the control room or the smart missile stand-up at the back of the pops. Attempting to hit those (and failing) is the only reason why I have manually plunged the ball.

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Keith responded to me about it on Tilt, but he was wearing his Stern employee hat. The response was green or orange should be fine.
I have gotten an orange one but haven't swapped it out yet

Are we checking our playfield angle? In general, I see significantly more talk about solenoid power and spring strength adjustments than I do playfield pitch. Obviously, once it is at the right pitch, then it's all about springs and solenoids. But I figured I'd ask the obvious question first.

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How did you dial in the auto launch? Mine is about a 60/40 chance of making it. Not for lack of power, but just seems "out of whack". Like something isnt quite right adjustment wise.

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I have to say waiting for the first couple runs of production to get all the kinks worked out may be the way to go from here on out. Add 'pooling' to the long list of manufacturer defects.
Questions to ask when buying a used Stern machine...
Transformers-"Does your machine have wrinkled decals?"
AC/DC Premium-"Is your window clear or is it hazy?"
Metallica/Aerosmith-"Is your cabinet splitting or cracked?"
Ghostbusters-"Do you have ghosted inserts?"
Star Trek-"How deep are your craters on the playfield?"
Star Wars/Deadpool-"How bad is your playfield planking?"
Jurassic Park-"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"
Oy Vey!

You forgot...
BKSOR-"Did you drill a hole in the right side of the cabinet for the Magna save?"

#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

How did you dial in the auto launch? Mine is about a 60/40 chance of making it. Not for lack of power, but just seems "out of whack". Like something isnt quite right adjustment wise.

I just kept trying different coil strengths until I found a setting I was happy with.

Anybody else getting this ball trap? I’ve had it maybe 3 times. I know it looks like the raptor toy is the problem, but it’s not touching him.
60F961C0-520A-40AB-B28D-47409BA69432 (resized).jpeg60F961C0-520A-40AB-B28D-47409BA69432 (resized).jpeg

#1365 4 years ago

@Scribbles, check the alignment of your autolaunch fork. If it’s off center, it can make the ball rattle around at the ramp.

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's been a lot of Flynn piss around here lately. Maybe zip it up for a while?

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"... or are you just cheering from the sidelines?

#1367 4 years ago

Hey man, this is a no-drama / no whining zone. Just some Pro owners enjoying their games. Please take all the angst to the Pre/LE thread. (This comment isn’t directed at anyone in particular BTW)

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"... or are you just cheering from the sidelines?

Biggest runs I've had was virus control room or paddocks stacked with chaos. I think i saw 40 mil on one control room shot. Its hard to see what is scoring though in that chaos MB. So many balls. My score jumps a few hundred mil sometimes when i stack those though. Pretty sure 2x playfield was running too. But again its chaos. So many lights. Does the action button have any uses yet? I haven't found any.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Biggest runs I've had was virus control room or paddocks stacked with chaos. I think i saw 40 mil on one control room shot. Its hard to see what is scoring though in that chaos MB. So many balls. My score jumps a few hundred mil sometimes when i stack those though. Pretty sure 2x playfield was running too. But again its chaos. So many lights. Does the action button have any uses yet? I haven't found any.

I'm still trying to make sense of virus and the control room modes. Virus is hit blue shots.. then go back to control room.. and repeat. But haven't figured out the logic of when to shoot the control room for best benefit. Haven't seen enough of the scoring to make sense of which are the better ones to play (power vs virus, etc).

I too try to qualify chaos early, load in a paddock.. but usually don't aim for control rooms because not sure of what exclusive start rules are there or not. Clearly chaos should be the 'last' thing to start in the stack..

Isn't there a way to see which trex mode is next?

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just kept trying different coil strengths until I found a setting I was happy with.
Anybody else getting this ball trap? I’ve had it maybe 3 times. I know it looks like the raptor toy is the problem, but it’s not touching him.
[quoted image]

YES!! Like 4 or 5 times in a dozen or so games. With the original raptor plastic, the ball would roll out from behind it. But our new toy raptor likes to hang the ball up. I've already made a guard rail from some spare lane guides I had on hand. Used existing bolts to secure it

20190910_211858 (resized).jpg20190910_211858 (resized).jpg20190910_212047 (resized).jpg20190910_212047 (resized).jpg
#1371 4 years ago

Nice, even fits the theme!

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"

Right now my main strategy is to try and get King of the Island mb going. It's worth a lot and the intro is pretty damn cool. You have to capture the Spinosaurus, and then it's started at the left ramp. Generally I try to make right for her, but in my best game where where I got a little over 1B, I also captured TRex. Only slight problem right now is KotI start doesn't take precedence over the next paddock start (Keith said this would be changed). Along the way get CHAOS mb going and you'll put up some nice points.

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey man, this is a no-drama / no whining zone. Just some Pro owners enjoying their games. Please take all the angst to the Pre/LE thread. (This comment isn’t directed at anyone in particular BTW)

I wasn't going to say anthing, because I don't care about it, but I find it really a little strange that a certain amount of complaining about the pooling issues is being done by people who don't own the game; yet this is an "owners" thread. I'm just a little confused, that's all.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are we checking our playfield angle? In general, I see significantly more talk about solenoid power and spring strength adjustments than I do playfield pitch. Obviously, once it is at the right pitch, then it's all about springs and solenoids. But I figured I'd ask the obvious question first.

I certainly have. Not so much because of the launch though. My Tower ramp is still brick city. I've staring to avoid it except on the skill shot, which is kind of making me sad. I initially had my game at about 7.1° I'm currently down to about 6.8° and that has definitely made the tower slightly better to hit, but it's still a bear (or a raptor ). Probably going to get it down to 6.5° soon.

Anyway, there has been basically no difference in the launch rejects along the journey. I've also primarily been using the center button, which while definitely more consistent, still gets some rejects. People have mentioned adjusting the U ramps, but I gave them both a decent look and it's not really apparent how I could adjust either of them. Would definitely appreciate some insight from anyone who has adjusted them.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Right now my main strategy is to try and get King of the Island mb going. It's worth a lot and the intro is pretty damn cool. You have to capture the Spinosaurus, and then it's started at the left ramp. Generally I try to make right for her, but in my best game where where I got a little over 1B, I also captured TRex. Only slight problem right now is KotI start doesn't take precedence over the next paddock start (Keith said this would be changed). Along the way get CHAOS mb going and you'll put up some nice points.

whats the story with collecting the higher level dinos... I found I would get the trap set, hit more capture shots.. but often still failed to complete the capture. Is there a timer where the capture shots must be completed, or maybe 'regress' and require more? Or is it simply I needed more capture shots? I haven't noticed the game giving feedback on how many I need.. am I just missing it?

Do you prioritize a particular path on the map.. and spent time aiming the truck, or just roll with it?

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

whats the story with collecting the higher level dinos... I found I would get the trap set, hit more capture shots.. but often still failed to complete the capture. Is there a timer where the capture shots must be completed, or maybe 'regress' and require more? Or is it simply I needed more capture shots? I haven't noticed the game giving feedback on how many I need.. am I just missing it?
Do you prioritize a particular path on the map.. and spent time aiming the truck, or just roll with it?

I THINK you need to then shoot the helicopter to finish the capture but I've only played about 10 games

#1377 4 years ago

Harder dinos need more rescues to light traps, they also will need both traps. Then the yellow lights are lit to bag and tag them suckers. Now, I know I've hit the helipad ramp when lit and not have it do anything, so I avoid it if other shots are lit in yellow.
Now the timing that is a good question. I imagine too many incapacitated workers would end it? Or maybe not hitting get yellow shots?

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I THINK you need to then shoot the helicopter to finish the capture but I've only played about 10 games

yup. i think the '3rd tier' of dinos and beyond require # of rescues -> hit both trap shots -> hit heli pad -> hit capture shot in a given amount of time or else you have to go back and hit the helipad shot again.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

yup. i think the '3rd tier' of dinos and beyond require # of rescues -> hit both trap shots -> hit heli pad -> hit capture shot in a given amount of time or else you have to go back and hit the helipad shot again.

That’s what I was wondering.

Elwin has also described the Dino escaping by retreating to its home position...

So much going on in the details

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Harder dinos need more rescues to light traps, they also will need both traps. Then the yellow lights are lit to bag and tag them suckers. Now, I know I've hit the helipad ramp when lit and not have it do anything, so I avoid it if other shots are lit in yellow.
Now the timing that is a good question. I imagine too many incapacitated workers would end it? Or maybe not hitting get yellow shots?

There will be a callout that says you need to refuel the helicopter if you haven't captured the dinosaur soon enough after hitting the helipad shot the first time. I did also notice one time when I definitely shot the helipad shot while it as lit though and it didn't register, I assumed it was just a switch error of some sort but not certain.

#1381 4 years ago

Unboxed mine yesterday. I am having a couple of issues out of the box. Wondering if others have experienced the same.

1. Right flipper seems to have a delay. The flipper activates later than it should when I press the button. Really throws off my game.

2. Truck ball is not always sitting against the other stationary ball. Some time it floats in between and then slowly slides down. eventually.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Truck ball is not always sitting against the other stationary ball. Some time it floats in between and then slowly slides down. eventually.

Did you remove the rubber band that comes on the game?

It’s been missed by a couple people

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Did you remove the rubber band that comes on the game?
It’s been missed by a couple people

Yeah it is removed. The ball moves but sometimes when it hits the other ball it bounces up an inch or so and sits there instead of coming back down to sit on the other ball.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Yeah it is removed. The ball moves but sometimes when it hits the other ball it bounces up an inch or so and sits there instead of coming back down to sit on the other ball.

I'm assuming you adjusted the pitch of the playfield correctly? If mine is just slightly more level than it should be, the truck can "float" in between positions. Flipper delay, maybe an unusually large gap in the flipper contacts??

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Pull up and down on the truck to see if it is gapped correctly. Much like a flipper if the play in the shaft is too tight or too loose it will cause binding. There should be a little bit of play but no too much. If not loosen the set screw on the collar to adjust.

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

I wasn't going to say anthing, because I don't care about it, but I find it really a little strange that a certain amount of complaining about the pooling issues is being done by people who don't own the game; yet this is an "owners" thread. I'm just a little confused, that's all.

It's a Catch 22 situation... I was going to own the game (and had a deposit down), but cancelled my preorder and requested a refund because of the pooling and potential clear cracking. If I didn't see an issue, then I wouldn't be complaining and would own the game.

I don’t trust spin or silence, not enough to encourage me to trust that if I purchase a pin with clear issues that they will align on my tolerance of what is acceptable - especially when they have my money already and I have the defective pin.

#1387 4 years ago

Does the crashbar button do anything other than launch the ball?

#1388 4 years ago

It hit over $1000 on location so far at 75 cents a play. My current top earner on location.

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Not yet no.

Quoted from HighProtein:

It hit over $1000 on location so far at 75 cents a play. My current top earner on location

Does it balance out the million complaints you must get every day that the assets are used incorrectly?!

#1390 4 years ago

I will be streaming JP Pro tonight at 7PM EDT with Dan Coyle, one of the best players in FL. Come hang! - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not yet no.

Okay thanks. I was seeing it light up sometimes during Chaos but wasn't sure if it was doing anything when I pressed it.

This game is pretty great even this early. My raptor gate broke within the first 130 plays so I'm just running it without one right now. Distributor says to check with him in another week because Stern is working on a fix.

He also warned me about the post in front of the third flipper loosening, which it did. I red loctited it and tightened it down as comfortable as I was into a wooden surface. It loosened up again within it's first few days on location so I reapplied loctite and tightened it a bit more. I will be there tomorrow to see how it's holding, has anyone found any better of a solution? I'm thinking about looking for a similar post with a threaded base long enough it can go all the way though the playfield nut and then can have a jam nut threaded onto it from below.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Unboxed mine yesterday. I am having a couple of issues out of the box. Wondering if others have experienced the same.
1. Right flipper seems to have a delay. The flipper activates later than it should when I press the button. Really throws off my game.
2. Truck ball is not always sitting against the other stationary ball. Some time it floats in between and then slowly slides down. eventually.

Check the coil stop on that flipper, they’re absolutely trash.
My game has been down over a week, waiting for new stops, should be here today.

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not yet no.

Does it balance out the million complaints you must get every day that the assets are used incorrectly?!

I've had zero complaints about no movie assets. Only pinball nerds bitch ever about anything pinball ever.

#1394 4 years ago

I think everyone here understands the clear issue by now. Plenty of “I’d might buy game x if manufacturer x...” threads.

Can we please keep this one focused on those who have decided to own the game? Thanks

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Okay thanks. I was seeing it light up sometimes during Chaos but wasn't sure if it was doing anything when I pressed it.

Yeah it just lights up for now. I believe someone made a suggestion to Elwin and he might have been open to it so we'll see on an update later.

Quoted from tonedef131:

My raptor gate broke within the first 130 plays so I'm just running it without one right now. Distributor says to check with him in another week because Stern is working on a fix....

Yup gategate!

Quoted from tonedef131:

He also warned me about the post in front of the third flipper loosening, which it did.

Mine hasn't come loose but of course the clearcoat under that is fucked so I won't be looking forward to tightening it.

#1396 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice on the right flipper and truck. Will have a look when I get home and see if any of the suggestions work.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Not yet no.

Not quite, it is also used to select Control Room Modes on the Screen...

#1398 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to play a pro version yesterday. Very fun game except for one thing. Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is the right outlane a ball sucker

I laughed way too much over this line.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Finally got a chance to play a pro version yesterday. Very fun game except for one thing. Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

I haven't noticed it to be so. Maybe the one you played wasn't leveled?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.