(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 424.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

It is taking a really long time to download these files from sterns website. Maybe they have an issue on their end.

I'm assuming you have nothing else on the stick? I updated successfully first try and I had no clue what I was doing. Just make sure your stick is good, and has nothing else on it. I did full update, not quick. And I did verify.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

It is taking a really long time to download these files from sterns website. Maybe they have an issue on their end.

When I tried downloading with Explorer it took a long time and ultimately didn’t work when trying to load in the machine.
I think Mozilla work perfect and was fast download

#1303 4 years ago

It finally installed. I downloaded again on chrome via windows the second time. First time was on mac and chrome. I also reformatted the usb stick on windows. Initially i just deleted everything on it, but it was already fat32 formatted. My guess is the reformat helped. I just did quick verify/no. Whats the difference between these? Quick and full? No info i can find on it in the manual or sterns website.

#1304 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Hazard Hinge Decals
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

Jurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-01 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-01 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-04 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-04 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-03 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-03 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-02 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Hinge-Decal-02 (resized).jpg
#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I just did quick verify/no. Whats the difference between these? Quick and full? No info i can find on it in the manual or sterns website.

because it's not related to stern's work.

quick just means it writes the new file system on the disk and doesn't bother going and removing or validating things. It's just setting things up to say "ok, new table of contents.. we'll just ignore any existing dirt and just write new chapters/files when we need to". A 'full format' would go through and wipe out all the old files and try to clean the disk.

No need to do anything but a quick w/o verify unless you suspect disk corruption problems.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Got my pro on Friday! I've been pretty sick, but finally felt good enough to unbox it last night. Noticed no pooling out of box, after about 10 plays i can see pooling on lots of posts. Will get some pics tonight...

Did it come w/washers under the posts?

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

It finally installed. I downloaded again on chrome via windows the second time. First time was on mac and chrome. I also reformatted the usb stick on windows. Initially i just deleted everything on it, but it was already fat32 formatted. My guess is the reformat helped.

Yes. Likely the file format of the drive was the issue. Fat32 or Exfat are probably the safest options in general when doing these type of updates.

#1309 4 years ago

Well, I know a couple of others out there are also designing Barbasol shaving cream mods, but I wanted to share my design for the Data East version of Jurassic Park (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/140#post-5193009)

The mod is currently 5-1/2" tall, but if there is any interest to use with the new Stern JP and it needs to be modified then I would be happy to do so. As stated at the link above, the model is 3D printed with multiple colors (no painting), the label is adhesive vinyl printed on a photo quality printer with a clear vinyl outer layer, the vials are 3D printed and permanently sealed with colored water inside, and the underlighting is a Comet Matrix LED strip (I include the lighting, cabling, and clips to connect the GI circuit somewhere on the bottom side of the playfield).

The mods are ready for purchase (takes about 1 week from time of order) for $60 which includes US shipping (will ship outside US on a per quote basis). Please PM me if interested, and I'm happy to answer any questions and provide payment details.

Barbasol.jpgBarbasol.jpg
#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

because it's not related to stern's work.
quick just means it writes the new file system on the disk and doesn't bother going and removing or validating things. It's just setting things up to say "ok, new table of contents.. we'll just ignore any existing dirt and just write new chapters/files when we need to". A 'full format' would go through and wipe out all the old files and try to clean the disk.
No need to do anything but a quick w/o verify unless you suspect disk corruption problems.

How is the code update not related to sterns work? I think you thought I was talking about formatting the USB. But in a earlier post I mentioned the multiple options there are on the pinball machine when you try to load new code off the USB. There are 4 options when installing the code, quick or full, both with verify yes/no.

Yes it came with big washers under the sling posts. But I see minor pooling on many different posts all over. The post by the upper flipper looks strange like the art might be flaking? I'll have to take the glass off for a closer inspection. I also got a green plunger spring in mine, so a full power plunge only sometimes makes the halfpipe. The button launch doesn't always make the halfpipe either though. Ordering an orange one tonight off PBL and some back up coil stops. Seems to be a pretty fun game though so far! I've only scratched the surface, but I think this has the best skill shots in a game to date?(Haven't made that 3rd combo yet; I hope it keeps going after!).

#1312 4 years ago

Are you guys going to York next month?

#1313 4 years ago

Definitely love the hinge decals!

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Maybe ill try a different usb stick. Any tips?

Format it at Fat 32?

#1315 4 years ago

How do owners feel about the light show ? To me it is very important and I love my Alien and WOZ for that. But on JP it seems just like some flashing lights if you hit a jackpot and not a lot of variety. The rest of the game looks great.

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

How do owners feel about the light show ? To me it is very important and I love my Alien and WOZ for that. But on JP it seems just like some flashing lights if you hit a jackpot and not a lot of variety. The rest of the game looks great.

There are some neat touches with the light show I’ve started to notice. For example, at the end of bonus, you will see the lights spread from the middle to the edges. I didn’t “get”t his at first, but it’s opening the gates to Jurassic Park! It’s even synced with the video clip doing the same.

#1317 4 years ago

I fail to understand the infatuation with shaving cream. Yeah, I know what it is in the movie. Still don't want a Barbasol can bigger than the dinosaur on my playfield.

#1318 4 years ago

I am getting a jp and am not sure about pro or pre,what do folks think about the dinosaur,does it do anything other than catch and throw,or is it used as a ball lock,if not used as a lock is it not just slowing down the game,looks cool though

#1319 4 years ago

Hey guys!!! I collect Matchbox and Hotwheels and saw that Matchbox has done a good many JP vehicles. Nice for a vehicle swap or an addition. I'd replace that generic looking jeep on the playfield straight out of the box. Lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=jurassic+park+matchbox&sxsrf=ACYBGNQvIruKCss0HDbWQDmKh8zr0IOQpg:1568051960783&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIifLgqMTkAhXOVN8KHeLEDE4Q_AUIEygC&biw=1366&bih=651

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys!!! I collect Matchbox and Hotwheels and saw that Matchbox has done a good many JP vehicles. Nice for a vehicle swap or an addition. I'd replace that generic looking jeep on the playfield straight out of the box. Lol
https://www.google.com/search?q=jurassic+park+matchbox&sxsrf=ACYBGNQvIruKCss0HDbWQDmKh8zr0IOQpg:1568051960783&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIifLgqMTkAhXOVN8KHeLEDE4Q_AUIEygC&biw=1366&bih=651

I have some of these. They are pretty small. Might want something larger.

Post #1287 looks like a good size. Would be interesting to see if the TREX throwing the ball on the Prem/LE could get the ball stuck on this one though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/26#post-5192630

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I fail to understand the infatuation with shaving cream.

Because pinball machines are dioramas these days dontcha know; embarrassing

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'd replace that generic looking jeep on the playfield straight out of the box.

I'm gonna put a Batmobile on mine just to fuck with people.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am getting a jp and am not sure about pro or pre,what do folks think about the dinosaur,does it do anything other than catch and throw,or is it used as a ball lock,if not used as a lock is it not just slowing down the game,looks cool though

To my knowledge, there is no physical ball lock on any version of JP2. The Trex just catches the ball and throws or places it.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

To my knowledge, there is no physical ball lock on any version of JP2. The Trex just catches the ball and throws or places it.

Doesn’t the raptor pit function as a ball lock of sorts for one ball?

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm not 100% certain, but I didn't think so. It wouldnt make much sense, given the rule set to achieve raptor tri ball. I know theres a motorized gate on the premium/le that makes a neat addition. Maybe I'm mistaken ?

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Pretty sure the Stern feature video for the prem/le shows this.

Right around the 0:45 mark

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Pretty sure the Stern feature video for the prem/le shows this.
Right around the 0:45 mark

Interesting, I stand corrected. I wonder how the rule set is different from the pro then. Since the ball has to be hit into the pen area and targets about 500 times before getting raptor tri ball?

#1328 4 years ago

Interesting that some people are having issues with the manual plunge not making it up the helipad ramp. For me, the manual plunge is the only time it works 100%. On the auto plunge, it fails around 25% of the time. I've tried increasing and decreasing the power, but nothing works 100%.

Also, I find it next to impossible to post pass from right to left. Left to right works as expected. Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

Funny my buddy mentioned that to me the other day on the machine he plays.

#1330 4 years ago

I’ve really been struggling with keeping or cancelling my LE ... with all the ups and downs on quality control it’s truly been a heavy weight to consider. At the end of the day, this “heavy weight” is absolutely 100% in the 1st world problems category... so with that I’m keeping my LE order - it’s pinball, its fun and if there’s a problem I’m sure they will fix it. With all the struggles in the world these day and the craziness other families face, pinball should not have a seat on the struggle bus. I’m blessed to be able to afford these amazing toys and will continue to treat them as such ... toys ... stop the stress and have some fun! ✔️

#1331 4 years ago

Yes! Right on ! But we shouldn't even have to stress for the money.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes! Right on ! But we should even have to stress for the money.

If I have to answer that ... then your first statement “Yes! Right on!” was just something nice to say.

#1333 4 years ago

I played the pro again today - such a great game. I'm really thinking pro might be enough and save the cash for something else.

Either way, once PF get resolved, I'm all over this game. It's great.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I played the pro again today - such a great game. I'm really thinking pro might be enough and save the cash for something else.

Probably take close to about the same hit when you sell/trade, might as well get the moving t-rex and cooler raptor pen!

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Buy the pro and call it a day man.

It’s seriously a fun game and I regret nothing about the purchase.

Here in a couple weeks a location near me should have the premium and I’m excited to try it but for the money savings I’m totally happy with it.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Probably take close to about the same hit when you sell/trade, might as well get the moving t-rex and cooler raptor pen!

Pros hold there value better, especially with the risk of playfield chipping. Look at all the Premiums from a few years ago that are selling for under $6k now. Even perennial greats like TWD. Pros still sell for very close to what they were bought new for. I was originally thinking Premium for JP2 but with the recent quality issues I think I'd be happier with a cheaper Pro and knowing I don't have close to $7500 in it. The Pro is still a blast to play and I don't think you are sacrificing that much.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I’ve played both the pro and the premium (at logan arcade) and I think the pro is completely amazing and you couldn’t go wrong with that. But the premium has the raptor pit with a moving gate where you can lock a ball and the moving trex adds an absurd and silly fun to the game. The art on the premium look great in person too. You can’t go wrong with either but I’m leaning towards premium. I think the raptor pit ball lock adds a lot. And shooting a ball at a dinosaur is pretty satisfying.

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I’ve really been struggling with keeping or cancelling my LE ... with all the ups and downs on quality control it’s truly been a heavy weight to consider. At the end of the day, this “heavy weight” is absolutely 100% in the 1st world problems category... so with that I’m keeping my LE order - it’s pinball, its fun and if there’s a problem I’m sure they will fix it. With all the struggles in the world these day and the craziness other families face, pinball should not have a seat on the struggle bus. I’m blessed to be able to afford these amazing toys and will continue to treat them as such ... toys ... stop the stress and have some fun! ✔️

I have a similar philosophy but different decision

Life is short. I now only want to add happiness to my life.

Defective expensive toys subtract happiness from my life. I will not knowingly sign up for drama. I don’t need anything negative in my life.

This is relatively new to me. Usually I’m a miserable asshole.

#1339 4 years ago

An update from me on this game... I usually don't order games I don't get a chance to play, but the missile shot looked like so much fun, I had to pop and order the game. It came in last week, and I decided I was going to put it straight out in public for people to play and enjoy. Our area here (New Orleans, LA) doesn't have many pinball options and for once, I wanted a brand new game to be out there for people to enjoy.. so there it is (It's at Kebab/MK Pinball parlor, 2315 St. Claude, New Orleans).

As a result, I only had a few days to play with the game before we put it on location, so I did a rush job of doing a short video of my "first impression" of the game, and my overview of the 0.87 ruleset. You can see the video here:

http://pinballhelp.com/jurassic-park-pro-one-shot-pinball-review/

I apologize in advance for the typos and mistakes in the video. I was pretty anxious to crank something out. I will probably do a better video later.

Ultimately, I really like JP, but I do think it is a different kind of game from Iron Maiden. It's not as strategic as it is tactical IMO. JP is more of a shooter's game. I think compared to Iron Maiden, you can play around on Iron Maiden and put up some high scores, but you really have to know what you're doing to score higher on JP. I think it's less approachable to casual players than IM. I'm looking forward to putting more time in on it to see.

In the meantime, if I want to play my game, I'll have to stand in line at the arcade.. hoping people in the community enjoy playing it!

jp-mkpp (resized).jpgjp-mkpp (resized).jpg
#1340 4 years ago

No problem doing post passes in either direction for me. I have most of the shots dialed in now, but the “A” and “O” shots are so tight! I can usually hit one by aiming for the other, lol. My high scores are mired in the low 300s, and will probably stay that way until I get those 2 shots down.

The rules are kind of shallow right now, but it’s still a blast. I wouldn’t mind a 30-second cut scene on the LCD when I finish the 4th paddock, so I can wipe off the sweat and drink a beer. It’s definitely a bruiser like Iron Man or BSD. JP2 will never be a tournament match bottleneck.

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Also, I find it next to impossible to post pass from right to left. Left to right works as expected. Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

Same on the one I’ve been playing. Although it’s gotten a bit better since the stock coil stop was replaced on the right flipper. Still not as easy as left-to-right though.

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have a similar philosophy but different decision
Defective expensive toys subtract happiness from my life. I will not knowingly sign up for drama. I don’t need anything negative in my life.

Thank you for articulating this. I was having a hard time.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Defective expensive toys subtract happiness from my life.
Usually I’m a miserable asshole.

Me too!

#1346 4 years ago

Im 30 plays into this game(gf and neighbor played some of those). I can say this is an awesome game with lots of unique shots. Still figuring out what to do, and what stuff does, but that's what keeps me hitting the start button again and again. Unfortunately i broke my raptor gate too.(i blame the raptors) i never even really shot for the raptor cage, was focused on all the other stuff. Since i took the glass off to pull this off the playfield i figured its a good time to take the regular look at my backyard pool pics.

Couldn't get a good picture of a few other pools, but the left out lane adjustment post has pooling. Post left of supply drop target and the side rail above supply drop target have pools as well. This machine has August 15 on its backside. My deadpool has August 22 on the backside and no pooling.

With that said the pooling isn't super noticeable unless you're looking for it. Had it not been such a known issue i may have not noticed. The slings have big washers on the front posts and show no pooling.

This game will be routed next week, so we will see if it can survive the crucible.

All in all, great game, given ive only had it for a few days i think the pooling scare is quite overblown compared to how it actually looks in real life, i guess the counter argument of whether pooling is only the beginning of a bigger issue is still against the time clock so we will see. Game play is not affected by the pooling. My upper flipper post seems tight still also. My only concerns here are having the wrong plunger spring installed at factory(what else might not be correct?) and this weak ass raptor gate. Also i have heard and have seen coil stops fail on new sterns unexpectedly fast, ive got some back ups on the way if i encounter that.

If pooling is the only thing stopping you from buying this one, id say buy it. But don't take my advice! Wouldn't hurt to give it a couple weeks either.

20190910_014920 (resized).jpg20190910_014920 (resized).jpg20190910_015021 (resized).jpg20190910_015021 (resized).jpg20190910_015043 (resized).jpg20190910_015043 (resized).jpg20190910_015208 (resized).jpg20190910_015208 (resized).jpg20190910_015356 (resized).jpg20190910_015356 (resized).jpg20190910_020315 (resized).jpg20190910_020315 (resized).jpg20190910_020325 (resized).jpg20190910_020325 (resized).jpg
#1347 4 years ago

A couple of those pics look exactly like mine. I check them when I turn it on to see if they are getting worse, but I’m not concerned that they all will supposedly chip eventually. My Munster ones have not chipped.

#1348 4 years ago

Well I have to say waiting for the first couple runs of production to get all the kinks worked out may be the way to go from here on out. Add 'pooling' to the long list of manufacturer defects.

Questions to ask when buying a used Stern machine...

Transformers-"Does your machine have wrinkled decals?"
AC/DC Premium-"Is your window clear or is it hazy?"
Metallica/Aerosmith-"Is your cabinet splitting or cracked?"
Ghostbusters-"Do you have ghosted inserts?"
Star Trek-"How deep are your craters on the playfield?"
Star Wars/Deadpool-"How bad is your playfield planking?"
Jurassic Park-"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"

Oy Vey!

#1349 4 years ago

Really hoping stern gets to sending out the mosquito shooter rods for this game.

I’m way too excited to get this thing.

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I have to say waiting for the first couple runs of production to get all the kinks worked out may be the way to go from here on out. Add 'pooling' to the long list of manufacturer defects.
Questions to ask when buying a used Stern machine...
Transformers-"Does your machine have wrinkled decals?"
AC/DC Premium-"Is your window clear or is it hazy?"
Metallica/Aerosmith-"Is your cabinet splitting or cracked?"
Ghostbusters-"Do you have ghosted inserts?"
Star Trek-"How deep are your craters on the playfield?"
Star Wars/Deadpool-"How bad is your playfield planking?"
Jurassic Park-"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"
Oy Vey!

Forgot Iron Maiden, Munsters -"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"

Star Trek was fine when it released, it was the vault that cratered.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,200 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/27?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.