(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 427.
#13901 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I set my new GC last week. I have a few other scores in the low billions.
I have owned this game for 11 months and have around 3000 games on it. Here is some advice for those newer to the game.
Decide if you are going to play for points or progression.
If you simply want to get to Visitor's center, go straight up the left or right side of the map focusing on simply catching the dinosaurs. If you can capture 1 dino per ball and get the extra ball for 6 rescues you can get to VC.
If you want to go for high scores try the following:
The key is to have a dinsoaur in play, a mode in play and then stack an MB on top and 2x scoring if you can.
Short plunge and go for the "C" secret skills shot.
Open the raptor gate next if you can, it's not 100% but a fair amount of shots from the "C" return to left flipper and you can backhand the raptor.
Start the first paddock, start TREX multi-ball (if you want to shoot a couple shots to boost TREX before starting him you can) but even if you do, you need to make it all the way to the super jackpot to really blow this mode up.
Finishing the first paddock and starting TREX MB are key.
Start paddock 2.
Work on completing chaos or getting Raptor MB ready to go.
Start control room or next TRex Mode.
Start Chaos or Raptor MB.
This is how you can pump up your score. MB stacked on Control room or TREX mode, usually if you don't have 2x already, there is reasonable chance to accidentally start it during MB.
Rinse repeat if possible.
I know it is easier said than done, but staking MBs on top of modes is the key.
My 1.6 B game, i didn't make it to VC, the other day i made it to VC focusing on simply that and only scored 600 mill that game. Once you get better, try for both VC and huge scores together.
[quoted image]

To add to this great game plan, try to go down the left path of the island when capturing dinosaurs. You will get more smart missiles instead of super spinners this way because of truck direction, and the jurassic perks are a lot better. When you get a smart missile, hit the action button three times. This will either give you a chance at starting raptor tri-ball or a second extra ball (on top of the one you got from getting 6 rescues). If you feel you need a third extra ball, play and complete the t-rex mode in the center of the map (this also gives you more points once you reach the visitor center). If you're feeling spicy, play pteranodon attack and get a big collect with 2x playfield running.

#13902 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

To add to this great game plan, try to go down the left path of the island when capturing dinosaurs. You will get more smart missiles instead of super spinners this way because of truck direction, and the jurassic perks are a lot better. When you get a smart missile, hit the action button three times. This will either give you a chance at starting raptor tri-ball or a second extra ball (on top of the one you got from getting 6 rescues). If you feel you need a third extra ball, play and complete the t-rex mode in the center of the map (this also gives you more points once you reach the visitor center). If you're feeling spicy, play pteranodon attack and get a big collect with 2x playfield running.

If you are good at the Smart Missile and raptor tower, it is really helpful.
If i get smart missile for 3 rescues in paddockl 1, I choose option for +5 rescues(hit lockdown button twice) and if i hit the shot, the ball drops to the upper flipper, hit the tower shot ball goes back to left flipper for next smart missile(8 rescues), 3 button presses above as noted for extra ball. Since it also lites the XB right ramp you kinda get 2 XB outs of it.

One other note, If i am having a crap game and on ball 3 with Smart Missle, choose "Invalid?", its an MB with generous ball saves and many add a balls, it also has it's own High Score, so gives you something to shoot for on a crap game.

#13903 1 year ago

Just an update. I found and fixed my trough problem. I found a pinched wire all snuggled up tight against another wire, hiding the pinch. I just got lucky and found it. Looked a little weird, so I separated them and was able to see it. Cut, soldered and heat shrinked it. All good now!

#13904 1 year ago

Does anyone use this stuff ? As long as none of the wire strands are broken, I'm guessing it'll be a good product to have in your toolbox?

Screenshot_20220523-224846-222 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220523-224846-222 (resized).png
#13906 1 year ago

Same. Same part number........502-5027-01

#13907 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same. Same part number........502-5027-01

Right (duh!) - thanks for answering my silly question. I need to read details more carefully!

#13908 1 year ago

Such sad news today

--------

Hi

Yes, we did get word on Friday that JP is on the line now. My current allocations show they are only shipping us 8 pins and your order is after that. We will have to wait and see how many they tell us they are shipping. We will contact you in a few weeks with a better update.

Thank you,

#13909 1 year ago

I've just finished installing by bespoke airbrushed armour if anyone would like to see it?

Thanks

#13910 1 year ago

Wow

Lowered the flipper power to 218 and what a better experience from the factory settings I can actually make clean shots and the game is so much more under control. I played it at the factory a few years ago and really liked it, fast forward to this year and I got myself a loaded premium and it was a clunk fest. Now it's like I remembered, what a difference. Just wanted to share if your having trouble getting clean shots this may help it totally changed the game for the better in my case.

#13911 1 year ago

I've had a few people ask about my sling dino eye illumination mod, so I thought I would do another run of them.

Price is $30 for the pair of eye lights (includes US shipping). Order includes the full set of 2 eye lights with everything needed to connect them. Please PM me if interested in getting in on this run.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN PURCHASING - ORDERS WILL BE CLOSED THIS FRIDAY, 5/25 AT NOON CENTRAL.

I make the pair of lights using a special 3D printed casing (different for each side), and the lights are installed without any disassembly of the sling plastics (full instructions are provided), and work with or without plastic protectors. The bulbs I utilize are non-ghosting, and are connected via alligator clips (i.e. non-destructive and easily removable) under the playfield to the lower sling LED socket. This way the eyes will flash when the sling flashes and be solid when the sling lighting is solid.

1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg3.jpgeyes.gifeyes.gif

#13912 1 year ago

Just joined the club! Better late than never. Looking for some help on the raptor assembly (body to his/her legs). Mine apparently fell apart during shipping and o have the bolt, but no nut (or sleeve?). I contacted stern since it’s not in the manual, but if anyone knows the parts here, it would be appreciated. I assume bolt, washer, Sleeve?, washer, lock nut, but would love confirmation. Thanks.

#13913 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Just joined the club! Better late than never. Looking for some help on the raptor assembly (body to his/her legs). Mine apparently fell apart during shipping and o have the bolt, but no nut (or sleeve?). I contacted stern since it’s not in the manual, but if anyone knows the parts here, it would be appreciated. I assume bolt, washer, Sleeve?, washer, lock nut, but would love confirmation. Thanks.

The nut is likely in the cabinet, probably attached to the speaker magnet.

#13914 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The nut is likely in the cabinet, probably attached to the speaker magnet.

Thanks. Found everything. Here’s the diagram from Stern should anyone else ever need this.

020F95EC-F1BF-4B03-B03D-B97EC3EAD445 (resized).png020F95EC-F1BF-4B03-B03D-B97EC3EAD445 (resized).png
#13915 1 year ago

Anyone know of a place that has both the Stern Mirror Blades and the blade protectors? I can only find sites with one or the other and I am trying to get them together to save on shipping if I can. I'm not in a rush to get them or anything so figured I'd ask.

#13916 1 year ago

What titan flipper colors do you all recommend for a JP Prem on stock bats?

#13917 1 year ago

I've ordered a full green silicon kit from Titan. Given these colors, I thought this best-matched. Orange looked like a nice choice as well. YMMV.
Single 1 1-2 ID-1200x1200 (resized).jpgSingle 1 1-2 ID-1200x1200 (resized).jpg

#13918 1 year ago

JP premium shipping tomorrow. Psyched! Been wanting to get this game back in the house for a while. Should have never sold it…

#13919 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Have a look at the pics in the thread’s gallery as to what you like. Alternatively you can search the thread for “Titan” and browse the pics people have posted. At the end of the day it’s which you prefer.

I believe that orange and green are the most common colours used

#13920 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Orange lowers and green upper | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/160#post-5962762

I have a full kit made on Titan’s site.

#13921 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Mine was similar to Mr_Tantrum setup and I went with orange on the bottom up to the slingshots and then green up top, except around the pop bumpers I have orange just because there is a natural amber/orange color up there by default. All of my posts are green.

I also saved my kit on there if you are interested.

#13922 1 year ago

JP is officially incoming week after next! I’m stoked and wondering how folks feel about Cliffy’s for this title? Necessary? Not necessary?

Time to start reading up on adjustments, rules and strategies

#13923 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

JP is officially incoming week after next! I’m stoked and wondering how folks feel about Cliffy’s for this title? Necessary? Not necessary?

I have put Cliffys on all 3 of my sterns... not sure necessary..... cheap insurance.....

#13924 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Discussion about a month ago

Quoted from ralphs007:

Is the whole cliffy set necessary? And which protectors were a pain in the ass to install? I haven't ordered yet, because I'm not even sure I'm ever going to get a game, with the crazy backlogs at Stern ?
Stern 2019 Jurassic Park Prem/LE 2pc shooter ejects, 2-bank Raptor pen, carbon fiber flipper post base, 2pc carbon fiber ramp entrances, 2 switch slots and outhole drain set

#13925 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have put Cliffys on all 3 of my sterns... not sure necessary..... cheap insurance.....

I have tried cliffy on games before. I dont anymore unless it is needed for a scoop.

I have the plastic protector on the inlane and I think it is the best out of every other solution out there... I have it because it came with my game so it was a surprise as I was a bit reluctant at first....Way better than cliffy. My second choice would be mylar. For games I will keep I will continue to get these plastic protectors. It works really well, mylar does as well but these plastic protector are better.

https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

#13926 1 year ago

I only tried one of those and it broke into pieces after a bunch of plays. But a fairly item to replace.

#13927 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only tried one of those and it broke into pieces after a bunch of plays. But a fairly item to replace.

oh yeah? mine seems to be holding up great. I do not know if that is the exact one I have, the previous owner had put it in in this case, but seems to be working really well and I am picky.
So far so good. I will reach out to the previous owner and ask which one did he get.

#13928 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh yeah? mine seems to be holding up great. I do not know if that is the exact one I have, the previous owner had put it in in this case, but seems to be working really well and I am picky.
So far so good. I will reach out to the previous owner and ask which one did he get.

Yeah it had at least a couple thousand plays before it busted though. So not a big deal to have to replace every once in a while. I do the same if I use Mylar.

#13929 1 year ago

Firm cutoff at noon central tomorrow if you are interested in purchases my sling dino eye mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/279#post-6945617

If you've not already PM'd me regarding your interest, please do so as soon as possible.

#13930 1 year ago

If someone wants to make helicopter mods, there is a 12 pack of the Matchbox choppers on ebay right now. These are tough to come by at any price...

ebay.com link: itm

#13931 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Firm cutoff at noon central tomorrow if you are interested in purchases my sling dino eye mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/279#post-6945617
If you've not already PM'd me regarding your interest, please do so as soon as possible.

Really nice mod....easy install!!

#13932 1 year ago

The sling dino eye light mod ordering is closed. Thank you to everyone who purchased. I will order components today and should be able to ship in two weeks or less.

#13933 1 year ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Wow
Lowered the flipper power to 218 and what a better experience from the factory settings I can actually make clean shots and the game is so much more under control. I played it at the factory a few years ago and really liked it, fast forward to this year and I got myself a loaded premium and it was a clunk fest. Now it's like I remembered, what a difference. Just wanted to share if your having trouble getting clean shots this may help it totally changed the game for the better in my case.

is that 218 on all 3? Mine is still at default... all 3 are different....

#13934 1 year ago

The pinball in front of the jeep that is screwed down to the playfield. Is this supposed to be tight enough that the ball will not spin? Thanks

#13935 1 year ago

Just got a premium today. Is stern using different glass on recently built games? I had to use a suction cup tool to get the glass off and even with that it wasn't easy.

#13936 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

The pinball in front of the jeep that is screwed down to the playfield. Is this supposed to be tight enough that the ball will not spin? Thanks

The ball is wedged onto a shaft, so if the ball is turning but not the shaft then it'd be best to contact Stern and get a replacement (I assume the game is still under warranty?). If the ball & shaft are turning together, then the nut under the PF needs to be tightened.

Checkout this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/144#post-6320933

#13937 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Just got a premium today. Is stern using different glass on recently built games? I had to use a suction cup tool to get the glass off and even with that it wasn't easy.

Sound more like an issue with the channels (or their alignment) the glass slides in. Grab the glass off one of your other machines and see if it has the same issue on the JP

#13938 1 year ago

Landed a premium today too. Barely. Next week!

#13939 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="#

Quoted from KSP1138:

The glass on my pro was extremely hard to get off the first few times. Had to put a little wax on the edges. Also have a premium and the glass on that one slides out on its own.

#13940 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The ball is wedged onto a shaft, so if the ball is turning but not the shaft then it'd be best to contact Stern and get a replacement (I assume the game is still under warranty?). If the ball & shaft are turning together, then the nut under the PF needs to be tightened.
Checkout this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/144#post-6320933

Thanks for the information. The newton ball is only spinning bc the nut under the playfield wasn’t tight but I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be tight. Did anyone place a washer under the newton ball to prevent chipping as I could see this happening since mine became loose?

#13941 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Thanks for the information. The newton ball is only spinning bc the nut under the playfield wasn’t tight but I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be tight. Did anyone place a washer under the newton ball to prevent chipping as I could see this happening since mine became loose?

No post and especially the newton ball post should ever be loose, otherwise you have a high chance of PF damage. If your post is continually becoming loose I wouldn't put a washer under the newton ball but rather use some blue loctite on post's nut. Note that changing the height of the fixed ball with a washer may affect the "newton" effect in moving the truck

#13942 1 year ago

Elwin collection complete!

429AB2D1-8664-45F3-A2B3-CF82CF1E384A (resized).jpeg429AB2D1-8664-45F3-A2B3-CF82CF1E384A (resized).jpeg
#13943 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Elwin collection complete![quoted image]

Liar! Lol, only because he’s probably not done designing games. The collection will have to continue

#13944 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

<blockquote cite="#

The glass on my pro was extremely hard to get off the first few times. Had to put a little wax on the edges. Also have a premium and the glass on that one slides out on its own.

It was slightly easier the second time, but that was after cleaning black gunk off the edges of the glass and out of the channels and putting a little silicon lube spray in the channels. I'll try some wax. I think the glass is just a bit too wide and is scraping the sides of the channels. The next time I have it off I'll measure it and try glass from another game.

#13945 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Landed a premium today too. Barely. Next week!

Glad you got one, that price you had on Rush LE was mouthwatering .

#13946 1 year ago

Looks like my Jurassic Park membership might never materialize ? I haven't heard anything from my distributor. I don't know if this last May run is the end of the line for JP.

#13947 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like my Jurassic Park membership might never materialize ? I haven't heard anything from my distributor. I don't know if this last May run is the end of the line for JP.

I have no inside information but I'd be surprised if that was the last run ever. I imagine they negotiated some kind of licence extension package when the home pin came out. There's older, less popular games that still haven't been archived, but I could just be talking rubbish!

#13948 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Big rumor is license is up this year but Stern is working hard on extension for JP and DP

#13949 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Glad you got one, that price you had on Rush LE was mouthwatering .

Sometimes I do what I got to do to get things done. Not always the smartest but, it’s done.

#13950 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Same deal here....ordered mine July 3, 2021.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/279 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.