(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 424.
#13851 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

mine in Nov 2021, was just asking in case maybe they got a batch of parts slightly out of spec but it would be pretty odd.
I will re-inspect the mechanism later today.

CHeck the set screw

#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I believe this is the same issue. I also get this occasionally.
It's like it tests the gate for not enough time and then disables it for failing the test. Whether the gate is up or halfway it's the same issue. raptor pit does not register any hits or targets until the issue is reset.

yup that is it. Ok then, it is officially a code issue/bug.
I think it would need to be reported so they can fix it. It probably has to do on how quickly the Stern Insider is powered up and it is probably taking priority over the original start up. Sound like a small bug, something is timing out sooner than it should.

#13853 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I do not but maybe the switch needs adjusting, I’ll have a look. Thanks

Yeah check out that switch.

One side effect of that switch not being activated for me was that skill shots were not active until I fixed it. I didn't even know there were skill shots for like 2 weeks after owning the game since I installed my protector before ever playing lol.

Do you have skill shots available when/after plunging?

#13854 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

This is not to make light of your pain, but do you have the balls installed? I have literally worked on my machine at times, fired it up, had it go into ball search and spent time looking for issues, only to realize that I had not reinstalled the balls.
I've also changed balls and had my machine start firing them out two at a time, only to realize I had put new balls in with out taking the old ones out.
It is amazing the things I will overlook when I'm frustrated with an issue.

Thank for your reply.. Yes, I have the balls installed. I'm using them to test other opts, as well as the trough.

#13855 1 year ago

Has there been any word on another code update beyond IC support? Potentially with coop play?

#13856 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

My auto plunger occasionally fires after a manual plunge even though the ball is perfectly launched. What could be causing that? Thanks

I’d suspect the shooter lane switch is occasionally getting stuck down after you plunge the ball and so the game believes the ball has fell back into the shooter lane so auto-plunges it. Check that the switch’s actuator wire isn’t rubbing on the side of the slot in the PF (or the shooter lane protector if you have one installed)

#13857 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Has there been any word on another code update beyond IC support? Potentially with coop play?

Coop and team modes would be great (even Keith posted/hinted about it but that was some time ago now). At this stage we can always dream

#13858 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Coop and team modes would be great (even Keith posted/hinted about it but that was some time ago now). At this stage we can always dream

I think it will be the future of insider connect it they want it to really elevate the system, it is otherwise just a silly gimmick to collect achievements as is right now.

#13859 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah check out that switch.
One side effect of that switch not being activated for me was that skill shots were not active until I fixed it. I didn't even know there were skill shots for like 2 weeks after owning the game since I installed my protector before ever playing lol.
Do you have skill shots available when/after plunging?

They are not lit but if I hit the shots they count. I will adjust the switch when I'm home but sounds like it's this and an easy fix. thanks

#13860 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

They are not lit but if I hit the shots they count. I will adjust the switch when I'm home but sounds like it's this and an easy fix. thanks

Mine may have actually worked to be honest I don't remember, but the lights definitely did not blink red.

Another symptom of mine was that pressing the middle button would not plunge. I just assumed that didn't work for this game. Once I adjusted that switch, the middle button started plunging.

Does pressing it plunge for you?

#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

For me this was caused by the T-Rex mouth sticking open.

You have been able to deal with the mouth sticking open by cutting a slice of the upper jaw didn't you?
Could it also be a problem with the coil?

I already tried to cut a bit of the upper jaw, but it did not help so far. I am hesitant on how much more I should cut of.

#13862 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

You have been able to deal with the mouth sticking open by cutting a slice of the upper jaw didn't you?
Could it also be a problem with the coil?
I already tried to cut a bit of the upper jaw, but it did not help so far. I am hesitant on how much more I should cut of.

The coil drives the jaw open, and it is sprung closed, so likely not the coil. You might have a look at the jaw hinge binding on the T-rex head rubber cover. Hard to see, but when the jaw is wide open, the hinge can bind on the inside of the cheek or eye area. The rubber can be shimmed out a bit if it is. I believe another poster had that issue.

#13863 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

The coil drives the jaw open, and it is sprung closed, so likely not the coil. You might have a look at the jaw hinge binding on the T-rex head rubber cover. Hard to see, but when the jaw is wide open, the hinge can bind on the inside of the cheek or eye area. The rubber can be shimmed out a bit if it is. I believe another poster had that issue.

Thank you for your tip.
Some days ago it worked perfectly three times in a row. But now the Trex never went through the chomping motion in about twenty tries in a row.

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

Thank you for your tip.
Some days ago it worked perfectly three times in a row. But now the Trex never went through the chomping motion in about twenty tries in a row.

My issue was also temperature related. The jaw stuck open more when the room was cold, and before the machine (and the room) warmed up.

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

Thank you for your tip.

How many for the T-Rex modes are you playing, because she doesn’t chomp on the ball for all of them.

Have you gone into service mode and tested the opto switch in her mouth, also tested opening/closing her mouth and tested the magnet in her mouth? Do they all work correctly? Can you recreate the issue in test mode?

#13866 1 year ago

Picked up a JP pro from my buddy to complete my Elwin lineup (for now)........such a great fun game loving the flow I didn’t realize was in this game. Still need to dial in a couple things but completely happy with this addition to our collection! Now I gotta go sub shopping, again-

2ADE470B-6BDE-40A5-8818-44CAA4CB7AB6 (resized).jpeg2ADE470B-6BDE-40A5-8818-44CAA4CB7AB6 (resized).jpeg
#13867 1 year ago

My distributor is getting my premium finally in! If anyone wants his number PM me. He’s newer and authorized distributor. I bought my GZ from him. He will treat you right.

#13868 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How many for the T-Rex modes are you playing, because she doesn’t chomp on the ball for all of them.
Have you gone into service mode and tested the opto switch in her mouth, also tested opening/closing her mouth and tested the magnet in her mouth? Do they all work correctly? Can you recreate the issue in test mode?

My only problem is the trex mutliball. All other trex modes work fine, because she chews the ball only during trex multiball. In the coil test she opens her mouth with the jaw opening test and closes the mouth with the magnet test.
I am not sure what the opto switch test is.
And also, where is the close jaw test? Or is it the magnet test?

#13869 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

My only problem is the trex mutliball. All other trex modes work fine, because she chews the ball only during trex multiball. In the coil test she opens her mouth with the jaw opening test and closes the mouth with the magnet test.
I am not sure what the opto switch test is.
And also, where is the close jaw test? Or is it the magnet test?

To test the opto switch, just going into the standard switch test (works for all switches- microswitches, opto and eddy).

I thought you could test the mouth opening & closing in the T-Rex vertical test using the start button. Currently overseas so can’t confirm

#13870 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

To test the opto switch, just going into the standard switch test (works for all switches- microswitches, opto and eddy).
I thought you could test the mouth opening & closing in the T-Rex vertical test using the start button. Currently overseas so can’t confirm

I will try that. Thanks

#13871 1 year ago

I'm sometimes getting two balls eject from the ball trough into the shooter lane, both at once. It only happens maybe once in 20 or more games so it's difficult to replicate. I have changed the balls and it's still doing it so it's not because they are magnetised.

Just wondering what I should be checking or adjusting first? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it by adjusting the ball eject coil power in settings? or is it more likely in need of physical position adjustment?

#13872 1 year ago

Is it possible, that during the coil test the Trex should close her mouth while activating the Trex mouth magnet? Because mine does not.

#13873 1 year ago

Reseat the two small connectors on either side of the trough.

Rat

#13874 1 year ago

yup that is it. Ok then, it is officially a code issue/bug.
I think it would need to be reported so they can fix it. It probably has to do on how quickly the Stern Insider is powered up and it is probably taking priority over the original start up. Sound like a small bug, something is timing out sooner than it should.

I think you guys jinxed me, today I got the issue where the gate stopped halfway up at the start of the first game after power up.

RaptorGate (resized).jpgRaptorGate (resized).jpg
#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I think you guys jinxed me, today I got the issue where the gate stopped halfway up at the start of the first game after power up.
[quoted image]

that is it. 100% a code issue.

I am going to send an email to Stern today but I am not sure where to report bugs. Is it the service@ they use for everything else?

#13876 1 year ago

that is it. 100% a code issue.
I am going to send an email to Stern today but I am not sure where to report bugs. Is it the service@ they use for everything else?

[email protected]

#13877 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

My issue was also temperature related. The jaw stuck open more when the room was cold, and before the machine (and the room) warmed up.

Now after 2 houres of playing the game, it suddenly started working properly. Maybe it really has something to do with the temperature. But the temperature of what exactly?

Also do you know, what mecanisme closes the Trex jaw?

Thanks so much
kiM

#13878 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

Thanks so much
kiM

There's a spring on the coil plunger that closes the jaw - refer to pages 60 & 61 of the manual

#13880 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

She is a must!
[quoted image]<

She is a must!
[quoted image]

Just ordered this. How did you go about mounting this? I also ordered the guitar string. Thanks!

#13881 1 year ago

Joined the club today. Now I need to go through 13,000 posts, familiarize myself with the manual and get my arms around the rule set. Not to mention figuring out what mods are available.

5990C9A9-3151-4E47-9441-4D6700527263 (resized).jpeg5990C9A9-3151-4E47-9441-4D6700527263 (resized).jpegC1EDD3A4-9DC8-4809-89F6-07D0AFA4F22C (resized).jpegC1EDD3A4-9DC8-4809-89F6-07D0AFA4F22C (resized).jpeg
#13882 1 year ago
Quoted from schwism:

Joined the club today. Now I need to go through 13,000 posts, familiarize myself with the manual and get my arms around the rule set. Not to mention figuring out what mods are available.
[quoted image][quoted image]

And if one JP forum isn't enough, just in case you didn't already know there's another forum here with over 8K posts of information also. Someone had the not brilliant idea to create a separate forum for the premium, but as most people could easily predict from the beginning most issues are common to both versions so now we have two forums and there's really not much difference between searching one vs. another. It's a great game though. Congrats and enjoy!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club#post-5118838

#13883 1 year ago

I have been doing the effort to just post here and ignore the other thread.
Anyway... welcome to the club. This is a fantastic pinball machine. Enjoy it!

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Just ordered this. How did you go about mounting this? I also ordered the guitar string. Thanks!

You can see the wire in my photo. Just used pliers to end accordingly. Used small drill bit to rip the Dino a new one, so to speak, then inserted and glued wire.

#13885 1 year ago
Quoted from schwism:

for now forget the rule set, play it on the wild, and discover how "it works" by yourself, that's the best part & fun period while discovering a pin

#13886 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My distributor is getting my premium finally in! If anyone wants his number PM me. He’s newer and authorized distributor. I bought my GZ from him. He will treat you right.

My distributor is in Oregon....ordered 7/3/21.....still nothing.

#13887 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

My auto plunger occasionally fires after a manual plunge even though the ball is perfectly launched. What could be causing that? Thanks

I believe the auto-plunge is on a timer to allow the ball to settle into the shooter lane before firing. If you launch it manually, it does not stop the timer so the auto-plunge will still fire.

#13888 1 year ago

Hi All,

Don't hesitate to change your static blade with our moving turn blade on your pro !

To see it, here it is :

To buy it, here it is :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/05232-jurassic-park-pinball-helicopter-blades

Regards,

Lionel.

#13889 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

Now after 2 houres of playing the game, it suddenly started working properly. Maybe it really has something to do with the temperature. But the temperature of what exactly?
Thanks so much
kiM

In my case it was the temperature of the T-rex. The T-rex rubber seems to contract a bit when cold (my machine is in a room that I don't fully heat when I'm not using it). The lower jaw rubber was binding with the T-rex rubber, but like I mentioned there can also be some binding of the jaw hinge with the T-rex rubber that can be an issue as well. Before I fixed it, if I powered up the machine and turned on the heat for a couple hours before playing, it would always work, but if I started playing with the room cold it would bind. The jaw should open and close freely with the jaw open test.

#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

My distributor is in Oregon....ordered 7/3/21.....still nothing.

I also posted this in the stern what's on the the line thread. My JP Prem that I ordered back in Oct shipped out directly from Stern on 5/19. The previous update from my distributor was that I was going to miss the April build (which was reportedly pushed to July) due to reduced allocation and probably wouldn't see mine until maybe Q4 or '23. Needless to say I was quite surprised to get the call this past week.

On a side note, I can happily recommend Jarrett @ Gulf Coast Pinball. He's a real stand-up guy, easy to work with and the best price I could possibly hope for all things considered. It might be worth checking if he has any available from this current batch.

#13891 1 year ago

I have such a love/hate relationship with this damn game. It's just so damn punishing and can make me completely demoralized and want to rage quit (and definitely have). I don't really feel like I'm getting better or anything either so that doesn't help.

But damn if you have that one good run it is such a great feeling and makes me love everything about it and all worth it lol.

#13892 1 year ago

Anyone have a good treatment for a stubborn up-post assembly that likes to get stuck in the up position? My control room post gets stuck like this; for awhile just hitting the flippers will drop it but eventually even that will no longer work. Had to take the glass off during a very good ball last night

I've tried tweaking it and adding a tiny bit of lubrication before, but it eventually starts happening again.

#13893 1 year ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

Anyone have a good treatment for a stubborn up-post assembly that likes to get stuck in the up position? My control room post gets stuck like this; for awhile just hitting the flippers will drop it but eventually even that will no longer work. Had to take the glass off during a very good ball last night
I've tried tweaking it and adding a tiny bit of lubrication before, but it eventually starts happening again.

The post should have a sleeve that keeps it centered in the hole.
Does it?
I had this issue with a Stranger Things, the post was just free in there and would eventually rub against the pf locking it up.

The proper sleeve will keep the post centered. The manual should have the part numbers you need.

#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

The mounting screws for the post assembly should give you some positioning play. You should be able to eyeball it centered in the hole. From the underside of the playfield, loosen the wood screws that attach the post assembly slightly so you can move the bracket with some pressure by hand. Try to get it centered in the hole through the playfield, then tighten it down again.

If that fails, and due to its position close to the edge of the playfield, previous work under the playfield may have bent the bracket slightly creating a misalignment which is more than the mounting positioning play can fix. Take a look at the bracket and you may need to bend it back to original shape, or order a new one.

#13895 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The mounting screws for the post assembly should give you some positioning play. You should be able to eyeball it centered in the hole. From the underside of the playfield, loosen the wood screws that attach the post assembly slightly so you can move the bracket with some pressure by hand. Try to get it centered in the hole through the playfield, then tighten it down again.
If that fails, and due to its position close to the edge of the playfield, previous work under the playfield may have bent the bracket slightly creating a misalignment which is more than the mounting positioning play can fix. Take a look at the bracket and you may need to bend it back to original shape, or order a new one.

My jp has sleeves at all the posts to prevent all these issues.
I presume earlier runs had the same posts used in Stranger Things, and those require you to center to post with the Pf/hole. Very frustrating exercise, specially if the bracket was not installed right during assembly. Just 1 or 2mm by either side and you are chasi by your tail.
It is an absolute nightmare because you now depend on too many variables, bracket positioning/installation and post dimensions/defects. The posts are not perfectly straight and as they turn on their axis it wil eventually catch the pf.

A proper sleeved part solves all these issues, as it will automatically center the post and force it to the right position, which is acceptable in the pinball world of tolerances or lack thereof

#13896 1 year ago

I think it has the sleeve you're talking about @pin_fandango, as seen in the pic.

Markharris2000 I see what you mean about the amount of play in the positioning there, I think that was the issue. I took a twist or two of tension off the screw circled in the picture, and i can feel the post moving easily and freely now. Seems being a little too tight there angled it forward just enough to get some unwanted friction against the wood.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

IMG_0454 (resized).jpgIMG_0454 (resized).jpgIMG_0455 (resized).jpgIMG_0455 (resized).jpg
#13897 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have such a love/hate relationship with this damn game. It's just so damn punishing and can make me completely demoralized and want to rage quit (and definitely have). I don't really feel like I'm getting better or anything either so that doesn't help.
But damn if you have that one good run it is such a great feeling and makes me love everything about it and all worth it lol.

Had a billion point game first 2 days of ownership, several games about half that since. Convinced I am just trying to hard. I will not try as hard tonight and report back my findings.

#13898 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Had a billion point game first 2 days of ownership, several games about half that since. Convinced I am just trying to hard. I will not try as hard tonight and report back my findings.

I have yet to crack a billion. My high is just shy of 800 million, then I have like 2 over 500 million, and the NES owns the #3 spot and I have a few like around the 480 million range. I can pretty regularly get into the 200 millions but I also have those games where I get like 50 million because it is just mistake after mistake or just being brutally punished for misses.

If I break 1 billion you all can believe your ass that you all will know about it too lol.

#13899 1 year ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

I think it has the sleeve you're talking about Pin_Fandango, as seen in the pic.
Markharris2000 I see what you mean about the amount of play in the positioning there, I think that was the issue. I took a twist or two of tension off the screw circled in the picture, and i can feel the post moving easily and freely now. Seems being a little too tight there angled it forward just enough to get some unwanted friction against the wood.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

Glad it was solved. The bracket you show in the picture is the one at fault. Even with the sleeve, if the bracket right-angle (near the screws in your picture) has somehow been knocked off of 90-degrees, then there will be friction of the post in the playfield hole or the sleeve. I suspect the bracket has been bent slightly, or was manufactured incorrectly.... but ever so slightly! it really needs to be 90-degrees if you want to tighten down all the screws or you can try loosening ALL three of the screws and see if there is a place you can move the bracket that all three can be tightened without causing the friction of a slightly crooked post.

#13900 1 year ago

I set my new GC last week. I have a few other scores in the low billions.

I have owned this game for 11 months and have around 3000 games on it. Here is some advice for those newer to the game.
Decide if you are going to play for points or progression.

If you simply want to get to Visitor's center, go straight up the left or right side of the map focusing on simply catching the dinosaurs. If you can capture 1 dino per ball and get the extra ball for 6 rescues you can get to VC.

If you want to go for high scores try the following:
The key is to have a dinsoaur in play, a mode in play and then stack an MB on top and 2x scoring if you can.
Short plunge and go for the "C" secret skills shot.
Open the raptor gate next if you can, it's not 100% but a fair amount of shots from the "C" return to left flipper and you can backhand the raptor.
Start the first paddock, start TREX multi-ball (if you want to shoot a couple shots to boost TREX before starting him you can) but even if you do, you need to make it all the way to the super jackpot to really blow this mode up.
Finishing the first paddock and starting TREX MB are key.
Start paddock 2.
Work on completing chaos or getting Raptor MB ready to go.
Start control room or next TRex Mode.
Start Chaos or Raptor MB.

This is how you can pump up your score. MB stacked on Control room or TREX mode, usually if you don't have 2x already, there is reasonable chance to accidentally start it during MB.
Rinse repeat if possible.
I know it is easier said than done, but staking MBs on top of modes is the key.

My 1.6 B game, i didn't make it to VC, the other day i made it to VC focusing on simply that and only scored 600 mill that game. Once you get better, try for both VC and huge scores together.

JPGC (resized).jpgJPGC (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/278?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.