(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 427.
#13551 2 years ago

Selling a nib Jurassic park stern lighted shooter rod if anyone needs one. Sold my game and purchased a backup in case. Asking $200 including shipping. Pm me if interested. See my feedback can ship quick.

#13552 2 years ago

I dont see a sticky for this. My trex has trouble grabbing the ball in certain modes. Itll take 2 shots or even 3 rarely instead of one solid hit for the trex to grab it. Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

What do the “ticks” in the menu mean. Im guessing thats timing for how long the trex holds the ball while doing certain things?

#13553 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I dont see a sticky for this. My trex has trouble grabbing the ball in certain modes. Itll take 2 shots or even 3 rarely instead of one solid hit for the trex to grab it. Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
What do the “ticks” in the menu mean. Im guessing thats timing for how long the trex holds the ball while doing certain things?

There are a lot of key posts on T-Rex adjustment in the JP Prem/LE thread that might be useful https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club

#13554 2 years ago

I've been noticing some issues with DNA combos not registering when it appears they should be. For example Spinner > Tower > Truck, I often find it just doesn't count for some reason. But then other times it does. The Tilt Forums Rulesheet doesn't really go into much detail on the DNA combos so I figure there is something I'm missing. Does anyone have any insights for me?

#13555 2 years ago
Quoted from Socashi:

From what I was told about my order for a new premium, they have decided to swap the Deadpool Premium build that was planned for July with the Jurassic Park. Hopefully I'll see it by August.

I was told late April for my premium, now July. Will be my first pin. That’s good to hear they moved up JP in place of Deadpool if that’s true. Thanks for sharing

#13556 2 years ago

Anyone tired of their Jurassic Park LE? Hit me up. I’ll buy it or trade for my pimped put Tron LE.

#13557 2 years ago

Guy I got my monster bash from yesterday had a JP le. Said everyone wanted it but not selling. There’s a point to where the price difference from prem to le isn’t worth it. $20k for a JP le, get two premiums.

#13558 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've been noticing some issues with DNA combos not registering when it appears they should be. For example Spinner > Tower > Truck, I often find it just doesn't count for some reason. But then other times it does. The Tilt Forums Rulesheet doesn't really go into much detail on the DNA combos so I figure there is something I'm missing. Does anyone have any insights for me?

I suspect (but have not confirmed this) that the game is already tracking a combo. For example if you hit the Heli Ramp, the game starts tracking a possible DNA combo but rather than hit either the left ramp or control room to continue the combo, you hit the spinner and therefore it stops the current combo. But it doesn't start a new combo tracking as a result of hitting the spinner, hence why sometimes your above example will count and other times it won't.

I believe the red dome lamp below the helicopter will light when a DNA combo is in play, however from my observation during playing it comes on once the 2nd switch in the combo is achieved - hence you won't see it activate during 2 shot combos.

#13559 2 years ago

Just installed the Yoyokoper mod that moves the dinosaur what a great mod to the pro I have.

#13560 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just installed the Yoyokoper mod that moves the dinosaur what a great mod to the pro I have.

Nice! Mine just shipped out. I can't wait to get it

#13561 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've noticed this as well. Usually it is when I am trying for the simpler combos like Helicopter-Control Room.

#13562 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

Nice! Mine just shipped out. I can't wait to get it

Yeah it's definitely the best mod for the pro. Easy to install, only thing I had to order was a splitter to the power supply board because I have a topper using the same connector on that port.

#13563 2 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for calibrating the position of the metal piece that is supposed to block the appropriate truck opto? I realized that my Pro (which I purchased about 3 weeks ago) often wasn't registering truck position changes. I opened it up and sure enough, the metal piece is not following the correct path!

Here is a video showing the problem:

I basically just need to shift this metal piece about 20 degrees counterclockwise so it is blocking the appropriate opto, but I'm not sure which part to loosen to allow me to rotate the metal without moving the truck.

#13564 2 years ago

It is really simple:

- Loosen the set screw with hex wrench (I forget what size) that is securing the metal skirt to the shaft
- Rotate the metal skirt so that the set screw is aligned with the flat non-rounded area on the shaft
- Leave about 1mm or slightly less gap between the top of the metal skirt and the plastic bushing (if these two are touching the Jeep will not rotate freely) then barely snug set screw
- Double check alignment and gap, make adjustments if needed, then fully tighten set screw
- Send $20 to . . . just kidding

Whoever previously secured yours did not align the set screw with the flat area on the shaft. In looking at your video they missed the flat area by about 10-15 degrees.

#13565 2 years ago

Have a few more coil cooler kits done and my shop is open:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-announcement-extended-play-coil-coolers-spike-2-

Spike2 (resized).jpegSpike2 (resized).jpeg
#13566 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13567 2 years ago

The trailer for this one looks iffy, hopefully it’s decent.

#13568 2 years ago

;^)I agree and they confirmed another movie, gotta milk that franchise Universal Studio's. Like 16 years ago when you thought Tokyo Drift would be the last Fast & Furious

#13569 2 years ago

Hi everyone.
Hand carved custom topper in process. My friend Owen and I have been working on it. Owen is native to Jamaica and is learning pinball topper down..haha. Next pic will be on its mount on top the machine. If you want one we can make you one. Custom requests are welcome. Owen made the Dinos by himself. He is currently also working on a Dilophosaurus ..pics soon come.

Let me know if you’re interested.

7CA68C6B-0107-4644-80DD-BDE6F4620652 (resized).jpeg7CA68C6B-0107-4644-80DD-BDE6F4620652 (resized).jpegD11130D3-F0BF-43CA-AA24-119C140BBD6B (resized).jpegD11130D3-F0BF-43CA-AA24-119C140BBD6B (resized).jpegFA78B861-619B-4B43-886E-54E0293BD637 (resized).jpegFA78B861-619B-4B43-886E-54E0293BD637 (resized).jpeg

#13570 2 years ago

I'm happy to report when I search "pooling" on this thread there aren't too many recent posts. Is it safe to say those problems seem to have been fixed in the newer runs?

#13571 2 years ago

Have not seen pooling in any Stern since they fixed the art is all their pfs.

#13572 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm happy to report when I search "pooling" on this thread there aren't too many recent posts. Is it safe to say those problems seem to have been fixed in the newer runs?

The first run of Pros had pooling issues, after which they removed the artwork from under the posts. The LE's & Prems didn't suffer pooling around the posts as the fix was made prior to them being made. There were still some pooling issues after this though due to the odd ball guide and the apron being over tightened in the factory causing the steel to cut into the clear.

#13573 2 years ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

I was told late April for my premium, now July. Will be my first pin. That’s good to hear they moved up JP in place of Deadpool if that’s true. Thanks for sharing

I ordered my Premium last July 3rd and my dealer Saturday told me they're still "keeping their fingers crossed" for late this month...(believe it when I see it).

#13574 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I ordered my Premium last July 3rd and my dealer Saturday told me they're still "keeping their fingers crossed" for late this month...(believe it when I see it).

I ordered mine right around when you did.

So...I hope you get it...but given that it isn't on the schedule...it seems unlikely

#13575 2 years ago

Just joined the club, found a premium with 130 plays 3 hrs from home.
Overpaid $500. Oh well. After waiting 8 months for DP And now with the new delays, I said screw it.

Looking forward to playing it.

7 degrees pitch? Just like my Imdn or….

7E10B4A0-6D6C-4FDD-B267-8FA12C7D74C4 (resized).jpeg7E10B4A0-6D6C-4FDD-B267-8FA12C7D74C4 (resized).jpeg
#13576 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Overpaid $500. Oh well. After waiting 8 months for DP And now with the new delays, I said screw it.
Looking forward to playing it.
7 degrees pitch? Just like my Imdn or….[quoted image]

Start with 7 and see how it feels. I ended at 6.9. You'll see alot of references in the thread to "Keith said 7" but he recently debunked that on Just Another Pinball podcast. Anywhere from 6.5-7.0 is valid just depending on your setup.

#13577 2 years ago

Overpaid $500

How much did it set you back?

#13578 2 years ago
Quoted from keeganhayes:

Start with 7 and see how it feels. I ended at 6.9. You'll see alot of references in the thread to "Keith said 7" but he recently debunked that on Just Another Pinball podcast. Anywhere from 6.5-7.0 is valid just depending on your setup.

Perfect. It was set up at 6.5 when I picked it up and played it and it felt very floaty to me.
Will try a bit steeper.
Thanks

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

How much did it set you back?

Here in Canada these are $13k CAD shipped Nib. Cost me $13.5 shipped.
I hate overpaying but didnt want to wait anymore and since it only has 130 plays I said screw it.

#13579 2 years ago

Here in Canada these are $13k CAD shipped Nib. Cost me $13.5 shipped.
I hate overpaying but didnt want to wait anymore and since it only has 130 plays I said screw it.

You didnt do bad at all! They are reselling here for far more above MSRP.

#13580 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You didnt do bad at all! They are reselling here for far more above MSRP.

Yeah,
Canadian shenanigans.lol way smaller market here so the demand is somewhat different.

#13581 2 years ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Hi everyone.
Hand carved custom topper in process. My friend Owen and I have been working on it. Owen is native to Jamaica and is learning pinball topper down..haha. Next pic will be on its mount on top the machine. If you want one we can make you one. Custom requests are welcome. Owen made the Dinos by himself. He is currently also working on a Dilophosaurus ..pics soon come.
Let me know if you’re interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Post pics of the final product once you get the mount made. That hand carved look is real nice. Also, what will you charge?

#13582 2 years ago

What was Elwin's suggestion for pitch on this game?

#13583 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It has been discussed that Elwin suggested a pitch of 7 degrees for this game. However, he recently debunked this.

Set it to whatever feels right - typically between 6.5 - 7 degrees.

#13584 2 years ago

6.5 to 7 degrees on all modern games (solid state and newer) is pretty typical. Put it where it feels right (yeah, sexual innuendo intended).

#13585 2 years ago

Quoted from Had:

It has been discussed that Elwin suggested a pitch of 7 degrees for this game. However, he recently debunked this.
Set it to whatever feels right - typically between 6.5 - 7 degrees.

Believe the 7 degrees comments are based off this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/56#post-5309181

But all games play different and you need to adjust as required to dial in your game

#13586 2 years ago

are there any stickies with the correct settings and or adjustments for the truck? mine seems to have a little wiggle on the post up and down, not sure if it should be like that (with a little wiggle up/down like a flipper bat) or should it be tight to the bushing?

I am otherwise ready to wax and play a few games tomorrow.

This game has only 130 plays on it so before it is broken in , I would to address any potential 'usual suspects' to reduce wear around the game.

Is there anything I should do NOW before it is too late and regret not having protected now that is mint? I read somewhere that the helicopter ramp has issues with screws?
That type of thing, specific to this game and not the usual adjustment such as 'reduce the trough power', etc.

FAAA FAAAAA FAAAFAAAAA FARAAARA FARAAAARAFAAAA...

#13587 2 years ago

are there any stickies with the correct settings and or adjustments for the truck? mine seems to have a little wiggle on the post up and down, not sure if it should be like that (with a little wiggle up/down like a flipper bat) or should it be tight to the bushing?
This game has only 130 plays on it so before it is broken in , I would to address any potential 'usual suspects' to reduce wear around the game.
Is there anything I should do NOW before it is too late and regret not having protected now that is mint? I read somewhere that the helicopter ramp has issues with screws?
That type of thing, specific to this game and not the usual adjustment such as 'reduce the trough power', etc.

Well I was going to say reduce the trough power and/or protect the shooter lane ...

On some machines the ball could clip the head of the left tower ramp flap screw, it's not wear issue that you're asking about but rather ensuring your game is more playable. Worth checking the clearance on the heli ramp flap screws as well, but I don't recall posts where they've been an issue - Cliffy made a replacement for both ramp flaps, so people have tended to swap out both.

Check you up-posts are flush to the PF and if you have a LE/Prem your raptor gate that should be checked as well.

The original Pros had artwork under the posts and suffered from pooling, if you have one of these it might be worth checking. Also check the post in front of the upper flipper to ensure it is tight - the first run had shorter posts that came loose, after which Stern increased the post length and put a nylon locking nut on the bottom.

If you have a LE/Prem, post a pic of the left ramp protector on the T-Rex left ramp - Stern did an update to this, so you may or may not have the latest one (it addresses slight airballs being detected by the opto).

Hope this helps

#13588 2 years ago

You need that up down play just like flippers so the truck doesn’t bind.

#13589 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Well I was going to say reduce the trough power and/or protect the shooter lane ...
On some machines the ball could clip the head of the left tower ramp flap screw, it's not wear issue that you're asking about but rather ensuring your game is more playable. Worth checking the clearance on the heli ramp flap screws as well, but I don't recall posts where they've been an issue - Cliffy made a replacement for both ramp flaps, so people have tended to swap out both.
Check you up-posts are flush to the PF and if you have a LE/Prem your raptor gate that should be checked as well.
The original Pros had artwork under the posts and suffered from pooling, if you have one of these it might be worth checking. Also check the post in front of the upper flipper to ensure it is tight - the first run had shorter posts that came loose, after which Stern increased the post length and put a nylon locking nut on the bottom.
If you have a LE/Prem, post a pic of the left ramp protector on the T-Rex left ramp - Stern did an update to this, so you may or may not have the latest one (it addresses slight airballs being detected by the opto).
Hope this helps

Thank you!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need that up down play just like flippers so the truck doesn’t bind.

Thanks Chuck

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13590 2 years ago

(

#13591 2 years ago

Looking for advice on how to handle some chipping that I just noticed by the right ramp. What is the best way to prevent further damage? This is a December 2021 build and I am the 2nd owner

4E4D7FEA-76FD-4688-878F-FFE2933682F7 (resized).jpeg4E4D7FEA-76FD-4688-878F-FFE2933682F7 (resized).jpegEE1C035A-5568-40E8-A50E-B0F8AE9DD3D1 (resized).jpegEE1C035A-5568-40E8-A50E-B0F8AE9DD3D1 (resized).jpeg
#13592 2 years ago

Cover it with Mylar. Shouldn’t get any worse.

#13593 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Looking for advice on how to handle some chipping that I just noticed by the right ramp. What is the best way to prevent further damage? This is a December 2021 build and I am the 2nd owner
[quoted image][quoted image]

Periodically check all posts to make sure one isn't loose, especially the post at the tip of the upper flipper. Using blue Loctite on them will help keep them tightened.

#13594 2 years ago

*edit: just found the setting!

is there a way to set the T-REX so it always drops the ball on the ramp and not randomly on the PF? Just trying to minimize any potential damage and dimples.

I feel bad for asking these basic questions, if it has been addressed before please just say so and I will try to find it.\

Thank you

#13595 2 years ago

*edit: just found the setting!
is there a way to set the T-REX so it always drops the ball on the ramp and not randomly on the PF? Just trying to minimize any potential damage and dimples.
I feel bad for asking these basic questions, if it has been addressed before please just say so and I will try to find it.\
Thank you

Yes there is a setting for that. With the setting on it will still drop the ball near the raptor tower in one of the T-Rex modes, but will put it on the wire for the others.

#13596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffy sells carbon fiber rings that should disguise it while protecting it or just mylar. That sucks... sorry.

#13597 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes there is a setting for that. With the setting on it will still drop the ball near the raptor tower in one of the T-Rex modes, but will put it on the wire for the others.

ah! I was wondering why the plastic on the left orbit had a hole in it. I get it now, it is for when it drops the ball there... cool stuff!
I can see why people love this game, such a flow monster! have it set up at 6.9 and it goesssssss....6.5 was VERY floaty, felt like a wide body and sluggish.

I just checked to see if there is an option to only start Trex mode when there is a ball in the Dino's mouth but can't seem to find it? I noticed I was able to start a couple of modes just by bouncing on the TREX mouth. Not sure what is the correct setting here?

Found a lot of TREX adjustments in the menus but these are not very self explanatory and not sure what they do... The settings are near the end of the list.

#13598 2 years ago

Option to start T-Rex mode only on catch is there but it's worded differently. Setting says something about T-Rex starting on entering the ramp. Setting that to "No" means it will only start with a catch. Setting to "Yes" means it will start whenever the ramp entrance opto is triggered. If it's starting on just the ramp entrance even if you have it set to "No" then there's likely an issue with the mouth opto.

#13599 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Option to start T-Rex mode only on catch is there but it's worded differently. Setting says something about T-Rex starting on entering the ramp. Setting that to "No" means it will only start with a catch. Setting to "Yes" means it will start whenever the ramp entrance opto is triggered. If it's starting on just the ramp entrance even if you have it set to "No" then there's likely an issue with the mouth opto.

There's a caveat. T-REX MB (first T-REX mode) will always start on ramp entry. There is no setting to change that. The setting only applies to the subsequent TREX modes.

And yes if your mouth opto is flaky the game will always think the TREX has the ball and will start all modes on ramp entry - like mine is doing right now. The transmitter opto wire was cut by the jaw mech at some point. I repaired it but it's been cut again. I need to look at wire routing when I take it out to repair it again..

#13600 2 years ago

ah! I was wondering why the plastic on the left orbit had a hole in it. I get it now, it is for when it drops the ball there... cool stuff!
I can see why people love this game, such a flow monster! have it set up at 6.9 and it goesssssss....6.5 was VERY floaty, felt like a wide body and sluggish.
I just checked to see if there is an option to only start Trex mode when there is a ball in the Dino's mouth but can't seem to find it? I noticed I was able to start a couple of modes just by bouncing on the TREX mouth. Not sure what is the correct setting here?
Found a lot of TREX adjustments in the menus but these are not very self explanatory and not sure what they do... The settings are near the end of the list.

Also, if you haven't found it already, there's a second Jurassic Park club forum. When the game was released a few people though it would be better to start a separate forum for the Premium/LE model. Dumb idea. There's information in both threads that applies to both models.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/173#post-6891808

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.