(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 seconds ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 426.
#13501 2 years ago

Any word on how long JP is going to be produced for? Thinking about ordering one but I’m wondering if I need to hurry my @$$ up haha

#13502 2 years ago

Hurry up yesterday

Quoted from Pot8er:

Any word on how long JP is going to be produced for? Thinking about ordering one but I’m wondering if I need to hurry my @$$ up haha

#13503 2 years ago

The used prices with it in production make it seem like not much longer

#13504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I put a deposit down first week of January and I still doubt I get one. Distributor had 10 ordered for the April run and Stern is sending 2. Says I'm next on the list if he gets any more. But who even knows if that's true... probably told ten people the same line to keep them from moving their deposits.

#13505 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

If your still thinking about....I think your too late.....

#13506 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I ordered mine last July 3 and am supposed to be getting it next month. No word from my distro, so I'll believe it when I see it.

#13507 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Coin Taker Backbox Lighting Kit installed on their JP? Would love to see a video of it and get thoughts.

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

#13508 2 years ago

Watched some videos, bookmarked a fair number of strategies here, read up on a couple hand-eye coordination tips that members lent in this thread, and went to work today.

Got to T-Rex with Chaos MB running and I think 2x scoring. It all got a bit crazy; I think I blacked out at one point.

May not be a monster score like some of you put up here, but this is my personal best, and I am proud of it for only owning the game since 26 Feb this year!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13509 2 years ago

Hi.
Please tell me who makes this alt translite.
I got this image from a post made one year ago by a Pinsider who hails from Australia, so perhaps it's not easily available in the U.S. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!

JP.alt.translite (resized).jpgJP.alt.translite (resized).jpg

#13510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
Please tell me who makes this alt translite.
I got this image from a post made one year ago by a Pinsider who hails from Australia, so perhaps it's not easily available in the U.S. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Think that’s from https://xianek.eu/

#13511 2 years ago

I’m going on 4 months waiting on my shipment from him, so buyer beware. I don’t really expect it to ever arrive at this point.

#13512 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I’m going on 4 months waiting on my shipment from him, so buyer beware. I don’t really expect it to ever arrive at this point.

Gosh. That's sobering. I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm bummed. I was excited to order one up! I may reach out to him via FaceBook and ask what might be causing delays. I mean, the Pinsider from Australia got his - we can see that in his post! - so we know it's not entirely a scam.

#13513 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Gosh. That's sobering. I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm bummed. I was excited to order one up! I may reach out to him via FaceBook and ask what might be causing delays. I mean, the Pinsider from Australia got his - we can see that in his post! - so we know it's not entirely a scam.

He told me he has no idea but covid has ships circling and things are delayed, so maybe that’s it? Pretty sure that if it doesn’t show up I’m just SOL. The tracking number says “departed Poland” in January, then nothing. I’m certain he did ship the items though.

#13514 2 years ago

Getting better....

Totally choked on System Boot but made up for it by getting through all T-Rex mini-modes. Captured the T-Rex but did not capture the Spinosaurus. Went through it though and got to the Raptor.

There was a Chaos 4-Ball MB with 2x scoring running during the Stegasaurus. It got all sorts of nuts. I blacked out again.

Whatever Keith Elwin is getting paid, he deserves a raise. This game is so addicting.

#13515 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Getting better....
Totally choked on System Boot but made up for it by getting through all T-Rex mini-modes. Captured the T-Rex but did not capture the Spinosaurus. Went through it though and got to the Raptor.
There was a Chaos 4-Ball MB with 2x scoring running during the Stegasaurus. It got all sorts of nuts. I blacked out again.
Whatever Keith Elwin is getting paid, he deserves a raise. This game is so addicting.
[quoted image]

Nice score! Definitely a tough game. It’s made me a better player

#13516 2 years ago

I did a lil' homework regarding flat-top screws and the screws that hold down both inverted loops in the game ("S" shot and tower shot).

These are the screws you'll want if you choose to replace them. Be warned, the tower screws in some cases may involve removal of the left ramp habit trail.

While they aren't 100% flat, they are WAY better than the factory round headed screws.

#13517 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I put a deposit down first week of January and I still doubt I get one. Distributor had 10 ordered for the April run and Stern is sending 2. Says I'm next on the list if he gets any more. But who even knows if that's true... probably told ten people the same line to keep them from moving their deposits.

Yeah, it’s kinda slimy stringing people along, and holding thousands of dollar’s interest free, for months on end.Especially when they know they’re not getting enough games to fill their orders. It’s no wonder they don’t tell you where you stand in line, all the interest free money would dry up.

#13518 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yeah, it’s kinda slimy stringing people along, and holding thousands of dollar’s interest free, for months on end.Especially when they know they’re not getting enough games to fill their orders. It’s no wonder they don’t tell you where you stand in line, all the interest free money would dry up.

Games Exchange doesnt do that. That kept me updated as I got closer. I went from 6 to 4 in under 2 weeks. That being said, I got a used unit, but I am happy to recommend them!

#13519 2 years ago

Does anyone have this going on ? looks like its almost cut all the way through. Is this post to close to the guide on mine ?

20220401_170834[1] (resized).jpg20220401_170834[1] (resized).jpg
#13520 2 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

Does anyone have this going on ? looks like its almost cut all the way through. Is this post to close to the guide on mine ?
[quoted image]

So unfortunately you have an early run JP that was common it is pooling around the post. Stern fixed this in later runs by removing the artwork around the post because it wasn't bonding to the clear coat for some reason. Here is a picture of my November of 20 JP premium.

20220401_172800 (resized).jpg20220401_172800 (resized).jpg
#13521 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

So unfortunately you have an early run JP that was common it is pooling around the post. Stern fixed this in later runs by removing the artwork around the post because it wasn't bonding to the clear coat for some reason. Here is a picture of my November of 20 JP premium.[quoted image]

I think he was asking about the clear rubber ring being nearly broken, rather than the pooling.
The post is in the right place it appears.

#13522 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I think he was asking about the clear rubber ring being nearly broken, rather than the pooling.
The post is in the right place it appears.

Oh snap good catch I need practice on that old touchscreen photo hunt game yeah that looks right not stock rubbers so someone just messed up and put too large a size on there is all I bet

#13523 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

He told me he has no idea but covid has ships circling and things are delayed, so maybe that’s it? Pretty sure that if it doesn’t show up I’m just SOL. The tracking number says “departed Poland” in January, then nothing. I’m certain he did ship the items though.

I always got what I ordered. Have waitet also very long but it always arrived. He is definitely not a scamer. But the waiting is hard. Also he replaces faulty stuff without any costs. Im in Europe so shipping is also faster. Heard that shipping to US is via Sea freight so I believe that in this times it can take very long. Also there is the war in Ukraine and Im sure this also brings problems with material and shipping as we see and have it all over here.

#13524 2 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

[quoted image]

My LE has the same type of post as yours, but interestingly MacGruber pic above has a different type of post next to the ball guide. Anyway I’d suggest loosening the ball guide screws and seeing if you can move the guide out slightly (mine seems to sit out further in line with the out edge of the post - note that the rubber is supposed to stick out partially to deflect balls running down the guide from going SDTM)

#13525 2 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

[quoted image]

That’s an aftermarket rubber and it’s too big. Try a smaller rubber.

#13526 2 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

Yeah, I have that on my early run machine. Im gonna switch it to the mini-post that they seemed to use on later runs. Something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's not the rubber, it's the size of the post. The stock rubber on mine did that too.

#13527 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Think the rubber is ballooning out because it's almost entire severed

#13528 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I have that on my early run machine. Im gonna switch it to the mini-post that they seemed to use on later runs. Something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

It's not the rubber, it's the size of the post. The stock rubber on mine did that too.

Good call. The one I have has the metal posts too. Post it is.

#13529 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

So unfortunately you have an early run JP that was common it is pooling around the post. Stern fixed this in later runs by removing the artwork around the post because it wasn't bonding to the clear coat for some reason. Here is a picture of my November of 20 JP premium.[quoted image]

I do have an early run with pooling and chipping, Stern has helped me out with a new playfield.

Quoted from shaub:

Ha that's what she said. Looks like the post is different, I will change it out. Rubber is ballooned out a lot too! Maybe thats why I have trouble making that S shot and im not a horrible player. Manual shows it as a 3/4" going around 3 posts.

I just figured it out... rubber is only going around 2 post's! Duh.

#13530 2 years ago

Quick question for ya:

In System Boot the Spinner Arrow light is lit, but doesn’t appear distinctly blue as all the other shots do. Is this just a result of the insert being yellow, or is there a chance my LED is having issues? I’m running the movie code if it makes any difference.

#13531 2 years ago
Quoted from keeganhayes:

Quick question for ya:
In System Boot the Spinner Arrow light is lit, but doesn’t appear distinctly blue as all the other shots do. Is this just a result of the insert being yellow, or is there a chance my LED is having issues? I’m running the movie code if it makes any difference.

Depends. Do you have a dinosaur paddock running with system boot happening at the same time?

#13532 2 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Drew and printed my own raptor pit design last night. It’s fun to have an idea, and then make it quick with parts you have on hand. I tried to make it movie accurate, but I took a couple artistic liberties to account for the scale and for FDM 3D printing.
[quoted image]

So cool! A 3d printer is my next toy! Fun stuff

#13533 2 years ago

Is there any updates about April production?

#13534 2 years ago

I'd love to get one of these Velociraptors for my game room ! I wonder if it would get along with my two dogs.

FB_IMG_1649200781751 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1649200781751 (resized).jpg
#13535 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I ordered mine last July 3 and am supposed to be getting it next month. No word from my distro, so I'll believe it when I see it.

I was just told today the premium run was moved to July, after being told Monday it was still on for the end of April.

#13536 2 years ago

Has it really been moved to July?

#13537 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Somebody else heard the same thing so I guess it is official: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/30#post-6868619

#13538 2 years ago

If anyone is inclined to help with an issue I have on Jurassic Park pro, that would be amazing.

I’ve got three non functional switches:

Tower optos
Supply drop target
Left orbit enter

All on CN13 on node board 9

Steps ive taken:

Reseated connectors
Looked for shorts
Replaced Send / Receive optos
Visually checked CN13 (looks good)
Swapped in new node board
Swapped in CPU from another game

Nothing I have done has changed anything in regards to these switches.

Something to consider. The tower optos were intermittent when this issue first started. While moving around the opto wires my moving Trex head mod started moving erratically which leads me to believe the dedicated motor board for that mod may have shorted (whatever) I have disconnected every wire associated with that mod while I’m diagnosing the switch probs. Everything on this game works flawlessly except these three switches.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated! Feel free to PM so I don’t muck up the thread with my personal problem haha

#13539 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If anyone is inclined to help with an issue I have on Jurassic Park pro, that would be amazing.
I’ve got three non functional switches:
Tower optos
Supply drop target
Left orbit enter
All on CN13 on node board 9
Steps ive taken:
Reseated connectors
Looked for shorts
Replaced Send / Receive optos
Visually checked CN13 (looks good)
Swapped in new node board
Swapped in CPU from another game
Nothing I have done has changed anything in regards to these switches.
Something to consider. The tower optos were intermittent when this issue first started. While moving around the opto wires my moving Trex head mod started moving erratically which leads me to believe the dedicated motor board for that mod may have shorted (whatever) I have disconnected every wire associated with that mod while I’m diagnosing the switch probs. Everything on this game works flawlessly except these three switches.
Any help or suggestions are much appreciated! Feel free to PM so I don’t muck up the thread with my personal problem haha

Check the two wires, WHT-ORN and BLK-BRN wires from the connector all the way to the switches. Page 15 in the manual lays out the switch matrix. I suspect you have a single break somewhere, that is part of those switches.

#13540 2 years ago

The right guide before the helipad on my Pro machine is sticking out. I think it’s a remnant of the top part coming loose and me having to bend it to get it to fit back in. Is it a bad idea for me to glue it to the right black rail? I think it sticking out is preventing the ball from reaching the helipad from the auto shooter.

82FF59D1-6FE2-4F28-8B99-85F676A74F7B (resized).jpeg82FF59D1-6FE2-4F28-8B99-85F676A74F7B (resized).jpeg971C4DC9-F849-4A3D-9839-17B7B1130A4F (resized).jpeg971C4DC9-F849-4A3D-9839-17B7B1130A4F (resized).jpeg
#13541 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

The right guide before the helipad on my Pro machine is sticking out. I think it’s a remnant of the top part coming loose and me having to bend it to get it to fit back in. Is it a bad idea for me to glue it to the right black rail? I think it sticking out is preventing the ball from reaching the helipad from the auto shooter.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its on the wrong side.
It should be on the inside to protect the ball from hitting the blunt end of the guide, not tucked behind it.

20220407_185835 (resized).jpg20220407_185835 (resized).jpg20220407_185859 (resized).jpg20220407_185859 (resized).jpg
#13542 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its on the wrong side.
It should be on the inside to protect the ball from hitting the blunt end of the guide, not tucked behind it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! If I pull it out it sticks out like this. Probably some of this is self-inflicted by me trying to fit it where it shouldn’t have gone. But is it supposed to attach to the helipad metal somehow?

A13D3E13-08F8-4BD7-9FBF-BAC31ECCBDA8 (resized).jpegA13D3E13-08F8-4BD7-9FBF-BAC31ECCBDA8 (resized).jpeg
#13543 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Thanks! If I pull it out it sticks out like this. Probably some of this is self-inflicted by me trying to fit it where it shouldn’t have gone. But is it supposed to attach to the helipad metal somehow?
[quoted image]

No it doesn’t attach to anything at that end

#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Quoted from ag83:

[quoted image]

grab a ball and roll it on the lower guide, is it touching the deflector? if not leave it alone, if yes, just bend the tip slightly so it is leaning to the right.
It is there to prevent balls from the shooter catching on the edge

#13545 2 years ago

Posted this in its own forum thread but figured I’d ask here too. My interlock switch is reading “on” at all times as of last night. I disconnected the grey and grey/red wire connectors from the switch and it still reads as “on” in the switch test menu. Any thoughts on what could have failed?

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

grab a ball and roll it on the lower guide, is it touching the deflector? if not leave it alone, if yes, just bend the tip slightly so it is leaning to the right.
It is there to prevent balls from the shooter catching on the edge

This was 100% correct, thank you so much. It looks weird for this thing to be sticking out a bit but it is completely functional. Having this thing in the right place fixed my helipad auto shooter issues. Thanks for the help everyone!

#13547 2 years ago

Prob solved, loose ground wire found in opto send connector just below playfield. Thanks!

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Check the two wires, WHT-ORN and BLK-BRN wires from the connector all the way to the switches. Page 15 in the manual lays out the switch matrix. I suspect you have a single break somewhere, that is part of those switches.

#13548 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Depends. Do you have a dinosaur paddock running with system boot happening at the same time?

Lights the same regardless. In lamp test the blue led comes on but does look significantly dimmer than red and green. Think it might just be the yellow insert tho?

56A0F655-5F81-43D2-8170-3BFB0558971E (resized).jpeg56A0F655-5F81-43D2-8170-3BFB0558971E (resized).jpeg
#13549 2 years ago

Add me to the list of people who were told their expected April run is getting moved to July. Wisconsin here.

#13550 2 years ago

From what I was told about my order for a new premium, they have decided to swap the Deadpool Premium build that was planned for July with the Jurassic Park. Hopefully I'll see it by August.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/271?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.