(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 427.
#13401 2 years ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Has anyone who turned down the flipper power found the right ramp more consistent to hit? I'm far from a great pinball player, but I've shot that right ramp so many times, and I don't feel like I'm really much better at it which is unusual. Hoping tweaking the flipper power might help with that

The right ramp has generally been agreed upon to just be a huge bitch. I don't think it is easy to explain why but pretty much everyone agrees. The left ramp I can get the majority of the time but the right one is just an asshole.

#13402 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The right ramp has generally been agreed upon to just be a huge bitch. I don't think it is easy to explain why but pretty much everyone agrees. The left ramp I can get the majority of the time but the right one is just an asshole.

I'll take that right ramp over the right orbit (loop) any day of the week, But, yes, both of those shots are assholes.

#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Has anyone who turned down the flipper power found the right ramp more consistent to hit? I'm far from a great pinball player, but I've shot that right ramp so many times, and I don't feel like I'm really much better at it which is unusual. Hoping tweaking the flipper power might help with that

Just checking that you're not actually referring to the tower ramp shot from the upper right flipper? I have heard people lowering flipper power on the upper right flipper for that shot. Is that what you mean?
I ask because I still cannot make that a reliable shot for myself despite lots of "tweaking".

#13404 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Still waiting on shipment from Stern. No current ETA. Only that they'll be completed as soon as possible.

Thanks, have a Nitro order in as well

#13405 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Just checking that you're not actually referring to the tower ramp shot from the upper right flipper? I have heard people lowering flipper power on the upper right flipper for that shot. Is that what you mean?
I ask because I still cannot make that a reliable shot for myself despite lots of "tweaking".

No I mean the right ramp. The right orbit is definitely a hard shot too. But I don't know that right ramps feel so inconsistent. There's not many shots that feel that inconsistent with as much practice as I've had with it. I'm not even that worried about my consistency with the upper flippers yet. I would just like to get some better consistency with the lower ones at this point first. It's not my machine so I don't know. Maybe the pitch is different than what is recommended that might be making it even harder than it would be otherwise. I'm kind of wondering if this is the right machine for me. I mean I know it's hard, I'm just wondering how much of that is settings and how much is just my lack of skill

Quoted from Drac:

#13406 2 years ago
Quoted from Itglows:

No I mean the right ramp. The right orbit is definitely a hard shot too. But I don't know that right ramps feel so inconsistent. There's not many shots that feel that inconsistent with as much practice as I've had with it. I'm not even that worried about my consistency with the upper flippers yet. I would just like to get some better consistency with the lower ones at this point first. It's not my machine so I don't know. Maybe the pitch is different than what is recommended that might be making it even harder than it would be otherwise. I'm kind of wondering if this is the right machine for me. I mean I know it's hard, I'm just wondering how much of that is settings and how much is just my lack of skill

I agree!! The left ramp....the Trex ramp... I can hit fairly consistently... the left ramp.... if I hit it I want to do a dance!!! LOL the other 2 far left and far right.... just lucky to hit them as well....

#13407 2 years ago

Streaming JP pro tonight if anyone wants to join. Starting in a few minutes!!

www.twitch.tv/PinballNetwork

The pinball network on YouTube and Facebook.

#13408 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Amen.

#13409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I'll take that right ramp over the right orbit (loop) any day of the week, But, yes, both of those shots are assholes.

Amen.

#13410 2 years ago

I ordered a Premium on July 3, 2021 and am being told this April. Does that sound feasible?

Speaking of "bitch" ramps, I can sympathize. The right ramp on my Godzilla LE is only hitable from a lower left flipper trap or coming down the left inlane. A ball rolling down the playfield from the top of the table to the left ramp? Forget it...flipper isn't strong enough, and that's after I swapped out the crap stock coils and sleeves. I'm hoping Stern is making better quality coils and sleeves now so I don't have to do that with my JP.

#13411 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I ordered a Premium on July 3, 2021 and am being told this April. Does that sound feasible?

My order timing is similar and I also expect to be in the April build.

#13412 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

It's worth the (extended) wait!

#13413 2 years ago

Talk about extended wait I'm on the third quarter list so hopefully before September. Fortunately the local arcade close to my house has a premium to play to help pass the time.

#13414 2 years ago

Is anyone able to identify this topper and/or these art blades? They came with a machine I recently purchased, and I'm not finding any Google or Pinside results for them. The topper has LEDs with a remote to control the colors.

IMG_4663 (resized).jpgIMG_4663 (resized).jpg

#13415 2 years ago

Still haven’t turned in JP since I got Elden Ring.

#13416 2 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Is anyone able to identify this topper and/or these art blades? They came with a machine I recently purchased, and I'm not finding any Google or Pinside results for them. The topper has LEDs with a remote to control the colors.
[quoted image]

I can't remember who makes that, but he pirates basically all the toppers and prints them out flat. Then backlights from behind.

#13417 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't remember who makes that, but he pirates basically all the toppers and prints them out flat. Then backlights from behind.

Blackbeard, perhaps

#13418 2 years ago

I just listed a topper if anyone is interested

#13419 2 years ago

looks like cpr's cheap toppers

#13420 2 years ago

Quoted from NoDisclaimer:Talk about extended wait I'm on the third quarter list so hopefully before September. Fortunately the local arcade close to my house has a premium to play to help pass the time.

I notice you're in Bend. I lived there for 2 years...played hoops at COCC

#13421 2 years ago

I've got a premium on order from the batch set to be done in April/May. I've been gathering all of the accessories I want to install in it, so I've got the Stern topper and shooter, cliffys, art blades, etc. all ready to install day one. I played an LE on location the other night and was absolutely blown away by the bass rumble of the T-rex roar filling the space. It reminded me of seeing that first movie in the theater. I know the LEs have upgraded speakers over the other models, but how well do the standard speakers do with this? Do I want to look at enhancing the sound system if I want this kind of effect? If so is there a best option for this? I have a few games but I've never upgraded the speakers on anything.

#13422 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I've got a premium on order from the batch set to be done in April/May. I've been gathering all of the accessories I want to install in it, so I've got the Stern topper and shooter, cliffys, art blades, etc. all ready to install day one. I played an LE on location the other night and was absolutely blown away by the bass rumble of the T-rex roar filling the space. It reminded me of seeing that first movie in the theater. I know the LEs have upgraded speakers over the other models, but how well do the standard speakers do with this? Do I want to look at enhancing the sound system if I want this kind of effect? If so is there a best option for this? I have a few games but I've never upgraded the speakers on anything.

I have an external Polk & it slaps the Bass pretty well!!

#13423 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Do you have a shaker ready to go in it? When my friends or family play mine that gets the biggest reaction from the T-Rex roar.

#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Do you have a shaker ready to go in it? When my friends or family play mine that gets the biggest reaction from the T-Rex roar.

I do! I ordered one along with the game from the distro.

#13425 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I do! I ordered one along with the game from the distro.

Add this and an external sub to your list. You wont be disappointed!

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#13426 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Add this and an external sub to your list. You wont be disappointed!

But his wife certainly may be (I know I already drive mine crazy with the sounds coming from the game room).

#13427 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

But his wife certainly may be (I know I already drive mine crazy with the sounds coming from the game room).

My GF was with me at the location where we heard the one with great sound and wholeheartedly wants me to be able to replicate that at home.

#13428 2 years ago

Yeah the T-Rex roar is pretty awesome.

At this point though I usually just skip it and don't hear it as often anymore. I will still hear it sometimes though if I wanna take a little breather or just want to hear it.

#13429 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah the T-Rex roar is pretty awesome.
At this point though I usually just skip it and don't hear it as often anymore. I will still hear it sometimes though if I wanna take a little breather or just want to hear it.

which version do you have? and stock speakers or upgraded?

#13430 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

which version do you have? and stock speakers or upgraded?

I upgraded to the kenwood 5.25” ones strictly for the light kit and I also have a way overpowered sub, however I rarely use my sub. But I also have a shaker.

Before I upgraded anything speaker wise and just had the shaker it was perfectly fine and awesome. I don’t notice much difference in the speaker upgrade if at all but like I said I did it for the lighting kit.

#13431 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

My GF was with me at the location where we heard the one with great sound and wholeheartedly wants me to be able to replicate that at home.

Sounds like GF wants to be WIFE

#13432 2 years ago

Hi all, what are the flat (round top) bolts that go through the playfield right next to the trough eject and have a 5/16 nut on the bottom (that might hold the auto plunge bracket). They have little flanges on the top that keep it from rotating when screwing on the nut? Have to tap out from the bottom. Was installing the trough/shooter lane cliffy and broke one. I can get a pic but hopefully the description works.

#13433 2 years ago

Still love this game after many years. So good Stern but I still for the life of me can’t understand what really drives scores high. I feel like I progress through the rescue modes and do the trex modes - see a good amount and yet that score ends up being less than me just having a really good chaos mb.

Is the scoring not balanced or an I missing something? What modes really drives high scores?

#13435 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I don’t believe we’re going to see our JP anytime soon.

#13436 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hi all, what are the flat (round top) bolts that go through the playfield right next to the trough eject and have a 5/16 nut on the bottom (that might hold the auto plunge bracket). They have little flanges on the top that keep it from rotating when screwing on the nut? Have to tap out from the bottom. Was installing the trough/shooter lane cliffy and broke one. I can get a pic but hopefully the description works.

Sounds like it's similar to a pop bumper fin screw

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5921-04

#13437 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still love this game after many years. So good Stern but I still for the life of me can’t understand what really drives scores high. I feel like I progress through the rescue modes and do the trex modes - see a good amount and yet that score ends up being less than me just having a really good chaos mb.
Is the scoring not balanced or an I missing something? What modes really drives high scores?

Scoring is extremely balanced. You can’t wish your way to a billion. You have to work for it. Fastest way to a couple billion imo is either trying to milk the right ramp mode for a big collect or just go through the paddocks and get as many perfect paddocks and the longest streak you can. Your visitor center bonus will be almost a billion alone.

Well timed 2x playfields don’t hurt either.

When T. rex multiball is ready make sure to collect all the orange shots before hitting the left ramp and hit the jackpots in order (red shots). That’s gonna net you a few hundred million alone if comboed with 2x playfield.

#13438 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

distro says firm commit of may at the latest

#13439 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

What makes you say that?

#13440 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I was told I got the last spot on the list at my local distributor for the April batch. I paid the deposit late last month. Am I crazy to think I could actually have one coming to me next month or May?

#13441 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Scoring is extremely balanced. You can’t wish your way to a billion. You have to work for it. Fastest way to a couple billion imo is either trying to milk the right ramp mode for a big collect or just go through the paddocks and get as many perfect paddocks and the longest streak you can. Your visitor center bonus will be almost a billion alone.
Well timed 2x playfields don’t hurt either.
When T. rex multiball is ready make sure to collect all the orange shots before hitting the left ramp and hit the jackpots in order (red shots). That’s gonna net you a few hundred million alone if comboed with 2x playfield.

Thanks! This is helpful. Only question is the right ramp. What exactly is your suggestion there?

#13442 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! This is helpful. Only question is the right ramp. What exactly is your suggestion there?

Start Pteranodon by hitting the right ramp 4 times then bash the spinner(s) to build the jackpot before collecting on the right ramp during the Pteranodon mode.

Advanced setup includes collecting Fossil set 1 (adds 10x to the Pteranodon multiplier), constantly build the jackpot value before collecting on your last ball with 2x playfield for a huge jackpot.

#13443 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shoot it until the Pteranodon mode starts. Hit switches. Builds a value and also a multiplier. Key is the multiplier saves all game until you collect the built up value. Value resets each time you play the mode though. Collect your built up value at the right ramp while the mode is still running.

So start the mode, rip spinner all day and keep doing that until the multiplier is super high. Like 20-30x. Then play the mode again, build up the value high, start 2x playfield, then hit the right ramp to collect a massive score. Billion or more is possible.

Forgot about the fossil too. Adds 10x to the multiplier. You need to get get a raptor SJP and complete a T. rex mode. That will get you the fossil for 10x right ramp mode. So if you were at 20x at that point it adds another 10x to it.

#13444 2 years ago

Also to follow up on my T Rex MB comment. I set it up last night. Collected all the orange shots before the left ramp. Started 2x playfield and shot only red shots. Was getting 50 million abouts per Jackpot.

#13445 2 years ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

I was told I got the last spot on the list at my local distributor for the April batch. I paid the deposit late last month. Am I crazy to think I could actually have one coming to me next month or May?

Late last month your distributor should have known how many they were getting. So if they are being straight with you, it is possible.

But…there have been changes to allocations because of parts issues. So there is a chance your distributor gets fewer than they thought.

#13446 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shoot it until the Pteranodon mode starts. Hit switches. Builds a value and also a multiplier. Key is the multiplier saves all game until you collect the built up value. Value resets each time you play the mode though. Collect your built up value at the right ramp while the mode is still running.
So start the mode, rip spinner all day and keep doing that until the multiplier is super high. Like 20-30x. Then play the mode again, build up the value high, start 2x playfield, then hit the right ramp to collect a massive score. Billion or more is possible.
Forgot about the fossil too. Adds 10x to the multiplier. You need to get get a raptor SJP and complete a T. rex mode. That will get you the fossil for 10x right ramp mode. So if you were at 20x at that point it adds another 10x to it.

This games depth continues to impress me

#13447 2 years ago

When I first saw posts with tree mods I really didn't like them. 22 trees later and it would seem I have changed my mind and turned my pin into a diorama hahaha.

I think they look great when playing the game and make it more of a world under glass.

I am curious if anyone has gone crazier with trees?
20220311_220737 (resized).jpg20220311_220737 (resized).jpg20220311_221018 (resized).jpg20220311_221018 (resized).jpg

#13448 2 years ago

how do you fix them ?

#13449 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

how do you fix them ?

I found some clear plastic that was reasonably stiff which ended up being a plastic container from Kmart; cut out various segments, some from templates I made for specific areas, others just small rectangular shapes; drilled and counter-sunk each section to fit a flat-head timber screw to attach the trees; and then slotted them over various fixings inside the machine.

I have spent far too many hours the past week and a half working on these trees.

#13450 2 years ago

repost

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/269 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.