(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 427.
#13251 2 years ago

#13252 2 years ago

Looks great - I now need to go play some JP

#13253 2 years ago

Maybe I am in the minority, but boy does that movie look like complete crap. Jurassic World in general has been really bad but each one has gotten worse than the previous one, and that one looks to continue to follow suit. It's like they have just gone all "Fast and Furious" with the franchise.

It's also mind boggling how the original Jurassic Park movie has better special effects than a movie coming out in 2022 does.

#13254 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Maybe I am in the minority, but boy does that movie look like complete crap. Jurassic World in general has been really bad but each one has gotten worse than the previous one, and that one looks to continue to follow suit. It's like they have just gone all "Fast and Furious" with the franchise.
It's also mind boggling how the original Jurassic Park movie has better special effects than a movie coming out in 2022 does.

In general the American film industry seems to be bashing its own head against a sharp rock.

#13255 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

lol this is nothing compared to how they have bastardized the Star Wars franchise.

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Has anyone used Pinball Life's Fluorescent Green protectors on their JP? I wasn't sure how'd they look, I normally see people doing orange. Actually where is everyone getting their orange protectors at?

Joe is the man. Check his stuff out here. $27 for the orange set.
https://cfengravingservices.com/products/search?keyword=Jurassic

#13257 2 years ago

Think this needs to be the last film. Not excited to see this. Love the franchise but I think the series needs to come to an end after this.

#13258 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Maybe I am in the minority....

Yes, you are.

#13259 2 years ago

Idk…looks like it could be decent. Bringing the original cast back could be interesting. We will see.

#13260 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Think this needs to be the last film. Not excited to see this. Love the franchise but I think the series needs to come to an end after this.

Yeah they have already said it's the last one.

Until they reboot it in 5 years or so.

#13261 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Christ I bet you're fun at partys you sound like Luke Skywalker talking about Jedi's just have fun with it! BTW everyone if you haven't watched the YouTube video battle at big rock it's Amazing!!! It leads into this flick and brought back the intensity suspense of the original T-Rex scene for me

#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah they have already said it's the last one.
Until they reboot it in 5 years or so.

Nope....not the last one...

https://www.darkhorizons.com/dominion-wont-be-the-last-jurassic/

#13263 2 years ago

That will be the "reboot" I was referring to lol.

It will be some kind of rehashed story/plot as something we've seen already in the Jurassic series, just like JW was a modernized version of JP.

#13264 2 years ago

Made this with a mate, new an improved version at the top, removed “king of the island” and replaced it with “super tranquilliser” and enlarged the spino as he was too small on the original.

5F947AFF-91A9-4F58-B85E-4FE50C973F15 (resized).jpeg5F947AFF-91A9-4F58-B85E-4FE50C973F15 (resized).jpeg
#13265 2 years ago

This was NOT the original intent for this - I mean who mods a topper? I made a quick and dirty print to test some measurement on the playfield and stuck it up there while brainstorming.

It's almost like it was meant for that spot! Those multi-level lighting effects nail it and really tie the topper closer to the license.

This is a rough print but I am thinking now that I really want to develop this into a topper mod, yes or no?

IMG_20220211_094202 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_094202 (resized).jpg
#13266 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Made this with a mate, new an improved version at the top, removed “king of the island” and replaced it with “super tranquilliser” and enlarged the spino as he was too small on the original.
[quoted image]

This looks really great! I've been lowkey looking for an action button plaque.

#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This looks really great! I've been lowkey looking for an action button plaque.

Happy to take feedback on these, I felt super tranquillisers was the main use for the button so felt that was better than “king of the island” and the larger spino was a must.

If you have any suggestions though would love to hear them, I was thinking of adding select on it somewhere as I have done with my Mando design but didn’t think it was needed.

#13268 2 years ago

Will we ever see a Jurassic World Pinball Machine?! Man, I know many of us would love that theme for an upcoming game.

#13269 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Happy to take feedback on these, I felt super tranquillisers was the main use for the button so felt that was better than “king of the island” and the larger spino was a must.
If you have any suggestions though would love to hear them, I was thinking of adding select on it somewhere as I have done with my Mando design but didn’t think it was needed.

I would say just remove the text and have the 2 dinos with the scenery. You also use it for Smart Missile, and Control Room modes, so have Super Tranq is a bit too specific? Or have "Jurassic Park"?

#13270 2 years ago

uh, isn't there only one L in tranquilizers...

EDIT: Ooops, 2 for you Brits.

#13271 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

You only spell it with one L? That I did not know. Gotto love Pinside I am always learning lol.

#13272 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Only 1 L for either version of English, but if it was the British version it'd have an "s" instead of the "z"

... anyway back to all things JP

#13273 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You only spell it with one L? That I did not know. Gotto love Pinside I am always learning lol.

Us crazy americans. Check out CANCELLED and CANCELED which are also both correct here in the USA too. Apparently americans regularly remove one of the 'L' in a number of words, but not always... On local TV stations, sometimes they report flights are "CANCELED" while other times the flights are "CANCELLED". (Even on the same station they go back and forth)

#13274 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Will we ever see a Jurassic World Pinball Machine?! Man, I know many of us would love that theme for an upcoming game.

That or make different movie versions of code, if it can be pulled off to tie in with the game play.

#13275 2 years ago

Oh one other quick question about Escape from Nublar...

I've noticed, multiple times, I will have 1 rescue to get and sometimes I just can't get it. But then all of a sudden it will act as if I hit it and all the red arrows show up.

Does anyone know what actually triggers this? This has happened multiple times to me. It's usually when I have one last rescue that I just can't get and have tried for a while.

Or is this just like a bad opto somewhere that is triggering and I am getting lucky lol?

It's just happened too many times for me to think it's a coincidence though.

#13276 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Oh one other quick question about Escape from Nublar...
I've noticed, multiple times, I will have 1 rescue to get and sometimes I just can't get it. But then all of a sudden it will act as if I hit it and all the red arrows show up.
Does anyone know what actually triggers this? This has happened multiple times to me. It's usually when I have one last rescue that I just can't get and have tried for a while.
Or is this just like a bad opto somewhere that is triggering and I am getting lucky lol?
It's just happened too many times for me to think it's a coincidence though.

Your truck ran out of fuel and you have entered the Sudden Death phase, all remaining rescues are lost and you have to exit the paddock safely within 15 seconds or you will lose a truck (ie it is engulfed with lava from the erupting volcano)

Worthwhile reading the Escape Nublar and Escape Nublar Challenge rules to get the background story and understand the phases and how to play - http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--escapenublar

#13277 2 years ago

Question for the group.
I don't always make it to the visitor center, but I did yesterday. It's always a rush!
Took a straight path from the left-sided paddocks to get there. Did have two T-Rex events (multiball and T-Rex rampage), and did one control room mode. Did achieve one extra ball during this time.

I got to the visitor center on ball 2 (with help from an extra ball) and almost had the left control room shot for the last raptor (I think that was the last raptor shot), but I missed it. However, as the game moved forward, on ball 3, I wasn't exactly sure what was to be done at that point in time... No other paddocks to go to. Didn't see a way forward, per se.
What does one do at this point? Hit the truck and try and do remaining T-Rex events? Try and qualify additional control room shots?
I recall being in that position before, but always at a bit of a loss as to what to try and do at that point. Can someone help to shed a little light in this situation? Thanks everyone!

#13278 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Us crazy americans. Check out CANCELLED and CANCELED which are also both correct here in the USA too. Apparently americans regularly remove one of the 'L' in a number of words, but not always... On local TV stations, sometimes they report flights are "CANCELED" while other times the flights are "CANCELLED". (Even on the same station they go back and forth)

Aluminium vs Aluminum

Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
I'm getting to be an above average player, but I don't always make it to the visitor center, but I did yesterday. It's always a rush!
I got there on ball 2 and almost had the left control room shot for the last raptor (I think that was the last raptor shot), but I missed it. However, as the game moved forward, on ball 3, I wasn't exactly sure what was to be done at that point in time... No other paddocks to go to. Didn't see a way forward, per se.
What does one do at this point? Hit the truck and try and do remaining T-Rex multiballs? Try and qualify additional control room shots?
I recall being in that position before, but always at a bit of a loss as to what to try and do at that point. Can someone help to shed a little light in this situation? Thanks everyone!

Yes. More control room shots ( invalid frenzy- oh the goodness just keeps coming). And more tRex. Weirdly never done that.

#13279 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
I don't always make it to the visitor center, but I did yesterday. It's always a rush!
Took a straight path from the left-sided paddocks to get there. Did have two T-Rex events (multiball and T-Rex rampage), and did one control room mode. Did achieve one extra ball during this time.
I got to the visitor center on ball 2 (with help from an extra ball) and almost had the left control room shot for the last raptor (I think that was the last raptor shot), but I missed it. However, as the game moved forward, on ball 3, I wasn't exactly sure what was to be done at that point in time... No other paddocks to go to. Didn't see a way forward, per se.
What does one do at this point? Hit the truck and try and do remaining T-Rex events? Try and qualify additional control room shots?

So
Visitor cente: go through the paddocks.
Secure control Room: play all control rooms
Museum Mayhem: play all 4 T-Rex mode

Then you can go to Escape Nublar.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--escapenublar

You can find more here.

#13280 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Aluminium vs Aluminum

Pat, Can I buy an "I" please?

#13281 2 years ago

FYI, I'm offering another run of my dino sling eye lighting mod, but cutoff is midnight tonight.

Please see this link for details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/171#post-6775685

IMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7225 (resized).JPGIMG_7225 (resized).JPG
#13282 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.

Yes I had the same thought when I finished VC (I had already secured the control room), nothing lights up or tells you what to go for next, so you do need to have an understanding of the overall rules to work it out - in this case you need to look at which of the 3 lights (VC, SC, MM) aren't lit

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I'm offering another run of my dino sling eye lighting mod, but cutoff is midnight tonight.
Please see this link for details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/171#post-6775685
[quoted image][quoted image]

I finally installed these on my premium last week. Nice touch.
I was going to put them on my LE, but sold that one instead.

CCF6317F-4EF5-4BB4-97A0-3511A70A32C3 (resized).jpegCCF6317F-4EF5-4BB4-97A0-3511A70A32C3 (resized).jpeg
#13284 2 years ago

Joined the club

20220214_185609.jpg20220214_185609.jpg
#13285 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

I like the offset topper look

#13286 2 years ago

Dino eye orders are closed. Thank you to everyone who is participating. FYI, I always buy enough extras for 1 or 2 additional in case parts are damaged during assembly. Once I've fulfilled everyone's order, I will alert the group if/how many I have available and they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

#13287 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would say just remove the text and have the 2 dinos with the scenery. You also use it for Smart Missile, and Control Room modes, so have Super Tranq is a bit too specific? Or have "Jurassic Park"?

Yeah I agree. Love this concept compared to any of the others I have seen, but I wouldn't want Super Tranq on it. I liked the original "King of the Island" but simply "Jurassic Park" would be great too. Not sure there would be room for "When Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth", but that would be cool too. Maybe "Life Finds A Way", "Chaos", or "Hold on to Your Butts"? I guess for me I would rather have a themed quote/tagline than trying to label what the button does (especially since it does multiple things).

Either way though...cool design. Well done!

#13288 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah I agree. Love this concept compared to any of the others I have seen, but I wouldn't want Super Tranq on it. I liked the original "King of the Island" but simply "Jurassic Park" would be great too. Not sure there would be room for "When Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth", but that would be cool too. Maybe "Life Finds A Way", "Chaos", or "Hold on to Your Butts"? I guess for me I would rather have a themed quote/tagline than trying to label what the button does (especially since it does multiple things).
Either way though...cool design. Well done!

Vote for "Hold on to your butts"

#13289 2 years ago

Tier 1.5 Paddock Analysis: Dilophosaurus (Spitter)

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback on the tier 1 paddock analysis, I really appreciate it! Today I'm back and will be discussing the first of the optional middle paddocks, the Dilophosaurus, aka the spitter! I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.

Information and analysis

The Dilophosaurus is the first of the optional center path super predator dinos, available after either of the first paddocks. The Dilophosaurus requires 2 rescues to light the set trap targets out of the 7 available, in which both light and either can be hit to qualify the trap. Unlike the first paddocks, you must now hit the heli pad ramp after setting the trap in order to fuel the helicopter and ready the dino for capture. The Dilophosaurus has medium aggression, moving to a new space about every 15 seconds. It's special ability is to stun staff members once he moves within one shot of them, lighting their rescue light solid and making them unable to be saved for 5 seconds. Once captured you are awarded with a 5 million point bounty, +3x amber bonus, +1x bonus multiplier, and the perk of +2x super spinner for the rest of the game. To understand how useful this perk is, it's helpful to know how the scoring for the spinner works in the first place:

The spinner scored 30k points per spin as the base value, and you will receive this for every spin of the spinner. Under the spinner there are 4 inserts with differing values on them, and each corresponds to one of the ramps in the game. The 15k value light corresponds to the left T-Rex ramp, the 30k value light corresponds to the far right heli pad halfpipe ramp, the 50k value light corresponds to the right Pteranodon ramp, and the 100k value light corresponds to the raptor tower side ramp. Hitting any of these ramps during gameplay will light the corresponding insert under the spinner. When the spinner is hit, the value of each of the lit inserts will be added to the base 30k spinner value per spin. After the spinner stops, any lit inserts under the spinner unlight and must be relit by hitting the ramps. A fully lit spinner is worth 225k per spin (30k base value + 15k T-Rex ramp insert + 30k Heli Pad ramp insert + 50k Pteranodon ramp insert value + 100k Raptor Tower ramp insert).

As you can see, a fully lit spinner can be worth a good chunk of points, almost a quarter million per spin, but it can be hard to fully light the spinner at times since the spinner value resets to the base value with each shot to it. Also something I've noticed that can make it hard to light the 100k light is that if you make a clean shot to the spinner, followed by the raptor tower ramp while the spinner is still spinning, the 100k light will go on during the spin, and then once it stops it will unlight alongside the other lights. This can make it hard to get the 100k light at times. On the other hand, one of the possible supply drop awards is to immediately max the spinner value, so that can help with getting good values ready.

The super spinner will be lit at the right inlane after a certain amount of rescues are made, and the truck is facing right. Rolling over the lit inlane will make the red "Spitter" insert under the spinner blink to indicate that super spinner is running. While super spinner is going, the spinner is multiplied by your current Bonus X + 1x. This means with no Bonus X (1x), the spinner is doubled. But with 2x bonus, the spinner will be worth 3x (2x Bonus X + 1x that super spinner always gives). Now what the Dilophosaurus perk does is add an additional +2x to the multiplier during super spinner. It does NOT simply double the super spinner value. This means that with a 2x bonus multiplier and the the Dilophosaurus spinner would be worth 5x the regular spinner value (+2x from Bonus X, +1x that super spinner always gives, +2x from the Dilophosaurus perk). This behavior means that we can calculate the Dilophosaurus perk will give at minimum an extra 60k points per spin during super spinner, and at maximum an extra 450k per spin. Here are a few scoring scenarios for the Dilophosaurus perk:

keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multipliers itself, not the total points you would have received by ripping the spinner. Keep in mind these values can obviously vary based on factors like flipper strength, playfield cleanliness, and spinner tweaking. For the isolated scoring tests I will make 3 separate clean shots to the super spinner with the Dilophosaurus perk from a trap on the right flipper, hence the 3 values for each.

Fully lit super spinner rip: 9 million | 7.2 million | 10.3 million

Half lit super spinner rip: 4 million | 5 million | 5.4 million

Unlit super spinner rip: 700k | 1.2 million | 400k

Low end scoring game for super spinner (2 super spinner rips, one half value, one min value): ~6.6 million

Lower mid scoring for super spinner (3 super spinner rips, one full value, one half value, one min value): ~17 million

Higher mid scoring for super spinner (4 super spinner rips, two full value, one half value, one low value): ~27.3 million

Higher end scoring for super spinner (5 super spinner rips, three full value, two half value): ~41.7 million

Conclusion

Based on the numbers above, the Dilophosaurus perk seems pretty lackluster, escpecially when compared to the scoring potential of the paddock 1 dinos and the benefits you can earn from future paddocks. In a great game where you're scoring over a billion, this small boost of 30 million points or so is quite negligible, considering it takes many shots to capture the Dilophosaurus, risking draining during the time to capture it. The perk is so underwhelming that you are almost more incentivized to get the Dilophosaurus simply for the bonus X and extra points at visitors center for the number of dinos you have captured. It is worth noting that the Ankylosaurus paddock (tier 2 on right side) gives you easier inlanes, making them light in fewer rescue shots, so you will be able to get more super spinner shots throughout your game. This could be a decent synergy and something else to keep in mind if you do decide to get the Dilophosaurus. Although even in this case, the scoring is pretty weak. Also these scores are not counting 2x playfield, but even with that you will be getting like 100mil extra points total on a great game which is actually decently substantial, but that requires to stack double playfield with super spinner every time and have good rips on it that are well lit up, so I wouldn't exactly say this is a reliable strategy, but it's a boost to the crummy points.

Final Result

The Dilophosaurus perk is quite weak overall and isn't worth going for unless you specifically want all the dinos on the way to visitors center or are confident you sill still make it there and get the extra points for having another dino.

Sorry for taking a while on this one! I had it almost finished like a week and a half ago but the draft was lost and I had to start over. Let me know again if there is anything I missed or you would like to know. Until next time!

#13290 2 years ago

If I can get a video of myself playing for a bit, would those of you who are good at this game (and pinball in general) be able to critique my play and let me know what I am doing wrong? Aside from just missing shots and bricking and stuff, I already know that I can't nudge properly most of the time but I also don't know exactly where/how to do it properly the other times that I mess up, that get me into sticky situations. I don't have a great setup though so it would be like an isometric view on my wife's selfie stick, just kind of over the shoulder. Unless I can figure out a way to get my gopro mounted overhead.

#13291 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

If I can get a video of myself playing for a bit, would those of you who are good at this game (and pinball in general) be able to critique my play and let me know what I am doing wrong? Aside from just missing shots and bricking and stuff, I already know that I can't nudge properly most of the time but I also don't know exactly where/how to do it properly the other times that I mess up, that get me into sticky situations. I don't have a great setup though so it would be like an isometric view on my wife's selfie stick, just kind of over the shoulder. Unless I can figure out a way to get my gopro mounted overhead.

Absolutely. Push it to YouTube.

#13292 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback on the tier 1 paddock analysis, I really appreciate it! Today I'm back and will be discussing the first of the optional middle paddocks, the Dilophosaurus, aka the spitter! I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.
Information and analysis
The Dilophosaurus is the first of the optional center path super predator dinos, available after either of the first paddocks. The Dilophosaurus requires 2 rescues to light the set trap targets out of the 7 available, in which both light and either can be hit to qualify the trap. Unlike the first paddocks, you must now hit the heli pad ramp after setting the trap in order to fuel the helicopter and ready the dino for capture. The Dilophosaurus has medium aggression, moving to a new space about every 15 seconds. It's special ability is to stun staff members once he moves within one shot of them, lighting their rescue light solid and making them unable to be saved for 5 seconds. Once captured you are awarded with a 5 million point bounty, +3x amber bonus, +1x bonus multiplier, and the perk of +2x super spinner for the rest of the game. To understand how useful this perk is, it's helpful to know how the scoring for the spinner works in the first place:
The spinner scored 30k points per spin as the base value, and you will receive this for every spin of the spinner. Under the spinner there are 4 inserts with differing values on them, and each corresponds to one of the ramps in the game. The 15k value light corresponds to the left T-Rex ramp, the 30k value light corresponds to the far right heli pad halfpipe ramp, the 50k value light corresponds to the right Pteranodon ramp, and the 100k value light corresponds to the raptor tower side ramp. Hitting any of these ramps during gameplay will light the corresponding insert under the spinner. When the spinner is hit, the value of each of the lit inserts will be added to the base 30k spinner value per spin. After the spinner stops, any lit inserts under the spinner unlight and must be relit by hitting the ramps. A fully lit spinner is worth 225k per spin (30k base value + 15k T-Rex ramp insert + 30k Heli Pad ramp insert + 50k Pteranodon ramp insert value + 100k Raptor Tower ramp insert).
As you can see, a fully lit spinner can be worth a good chunk of points, almost a quarter million per spin, but it can be hard to fully light the spinner at times since the spinner value resets to the base value with each shot to it. Also something I've noticed that can make it hard to light the 100k light is that if you make a clean shot to the spinner, followed by the raptor tower ramp while the spinner is still spinning, the 100k light will go on during the spin, and then once it stops it will unlight alongside the other lights. This can make it hard to get the 100k light at times. On the other hand, one of the possible supply drop awards is to immediately max the spinner value, so that can help with getting good values ready.
The super spinner will be lit at the right inlane after a certain amount of rescues are made, and the truck is facing right. Rolling over the lit inlane will make the red "Spitter" insert under the spinner blink to indicate that super spinner is running. While super spinner is going, the spinner is multiplied by your current Bonus X + 1x. This means with no Bonus X (1x), the spinner is doubled. But with 2x bonus, the spinner will be worth 3x (2x Bonus X + 1x that super spinner always gives). Now what the Dilophosaurus perk does is add an additional +2x to the multiplier during super spinner. It does NOT simply double the super spinner value. This means that with a 2x bonus multiplier and the the Dilophosaurus spinner would be worth 5x the regular spinner value (+2x from Bonus X, +1x that super spinner always gives, +2x from the Dilophosaurus perk). This behavior means that we can calculate the Dilophosaurus perk will give at minimum an extra 60k points per spin during super spinner, and at maximum an extra 450k per spin. Here are a few scoring scenarios for the Dilophosaurus perk:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multipliers itself, not the total points you would have received by ripping the spinner. Keep in mind these values can obviously vary based on factors like flipper strength, playfield cleanliness, and spinner tweaking. For the isolated scoring tests I will make 3 separate clean shots to the super spinner with the Dilophosaurus perk from a trap on the right flipper, hence the 3 values for each.

Low end scoring game for super spinner (2 super spinner rips, one half value, one min value): ~6.6 million
Lower mid scoring for super spinner (3 super spinner rips, one full value, one half value, one min value): ~17 million
Higher mid scoring for super spinner (4 super spinner rips, two full value, one half value, one low value): ~27.3 million
Higher end scoring for super spinner (5 super spinner rips, three full value, two half value): ~41.7 million

Conclusion
Based on the numbers above, the Dilophosaurus perk seems pretty lackluster, escpecially when compared to the scoring potential of the paddock 1 dinos and the benefits you can earn from future paddocks. In a great game where you're scoring over a billion, this small boost of 30 million points or so is quite negligible, considering it takes many shots to capture the Dilophosaurus, risking draining during the time to capture it. The perk is so underwhelming that you are almost more incentivized to get the Dilophosaurus simply for the bonus X and extra points at visitors center for the number of dinos you have captured. It is worth noting that the Ankylosaurus paddock (tier 2 on right side) gives you easier inlanes, making them light in fewer rescue shots, so you will be able to get more super spinner shots throughout your game. This could be a decent synergy and something else to keep in mind if you do decide to get the Dilophosaurus. Although even in this case, the scoring is pretty weak. Also these scores are not counting 2x playfield, but even with that you will be getting like 100mil extra points total on a great game which is actually decently substantial, but that requires to stack double playfield with super spinner every time and have good rips on it that are well lit up, so I wouldn't exactly say this is a reliable strategy, but it's a boost to the crummy points.
Final Result
The Dilophosaurus perk is quite weak overall and isn't worth going for unless you specifically want all the dinos on the way to visitors center or are confident you sill still make it there and get the extra points for having another dino.

Sorry for taking a while on this one! I had it almost finished like a week and a half ago but the draft was lost and I had to start over. Let me know again if there is anything I missed or you would like to know. Until next time!

Again awesome analysis and write up - really enjoying reading these and discovering things I wasn't aware of. Looking forward to you're next set of paddocks

#13293 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Again awesome analysis and write up - really enjoying reading these and discovering things I wasn't aware of. Looking forward to you're next set of paddocks

I’m not into the analysis at all (or maybe the conclusion part). I appreciate the effort but I don’t want to have a formulaic view on the optimal path or strategy. To me, the magic of the game is the breadth of rules, and shot/ award satisfaction. I don’t want my experienced compromised (conscious choice to ignore parts of the game) because of suboptimal scoring / rule bias. I won’t be reading any more of the analysis.

#13294 2 years ago

Bit the bullet and ordered some power blades… anyone have these installed?

#13295 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It’s trash, but so is every movie dive JP2. Seriously, watch lost world again you’ll be shocked at how bad it is. Jurassic park is a one movie “franchise”

#13296 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Information and analysis

Conclusion
Final Result

Thanks again! Lots of questioned answered. Will be waiting for future write ups!!

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Bit the bullet and ordered some power blades… anyone have these installed?

Not for JP, but I did installed them on my BK SOR last year.
The application onto the side walls of the cabinet is no different than any other game.
Power source however, is a bit different and was a little confusing at first and I had to talk with the folks at Pingraffix...but they were nice to talk with and let me know that the power source was from the back box and where.

In the back box, at the lower right hand side where the ancillary power supply port is located... within that area you have to remove the covering in that right lower area temporarily and there is a otherwise hidden power tap that is required for these blades. It will be obvious when you see it, but that's where it's recommended to get power from for these blades. Once you've made the connection between that tap and the blades, you can replace that covering and you'll be good to go.

#13298 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Not for JP, but I did installed them on my BK SOR last year.
The application onto the side walls of the cabinet is no different than any other game.
Power source however, is a bit different and was a little confusing at first and I had to talk with the folks at Pingraffix...but they were nice to talk with and let me know that the power source was from the back box and where.
In the back box, at the lower right hand side where the ancillary power supply port is located... within that area you have to remove the covering in that right lower area temporarily and there is a otherwise hidden power tap that is required for these blades. It will be obvious when you see it, but that's where it's recommended to get power from for these blades. Once you've made the connection between that tap and the blades, you can replace that covering and you'll be good to go.

Thank you

#13299 2 years ago

My left flipper started squeaking during the last game I was playing out of nowhere and now it won't stop. I just took a video of it and I am not sure what part of the flipper assembly is causing it. Anyone have this happen before or know how I can fix this? It's annoying lol.

It is also not rubbing the playfield or anything. When playing I only heard it on the way back down probably because it moves slower than going upwards.

#13300 2 years ago

Powerbladez installed, pretty friggin nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,000 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/266?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.