(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 424.
#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, this is how it works specifically to get the achievement.

I wonder if that was an oversight when they coded the achievements? Seems like Stern would make the Perfect [dino] achievement criteria the same as Perfect Paddock on the pin.

#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I wonder if that was an oversight when they coded the achievements? Seems like Stern would make the Perfect [dino] achievement criteria the same as Perfect Paddock on the pin.

Yeah, I'd guess it's a glitch or oversight. Otherwise I'd expect the achievements to be called "Extra Perfect Paddock" or something like that.

#13203 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I'd guess it's a glitch or oversight. Otherwise I'd expect the achievements to be called "Extra Perfect Paddock" or something like that.

Yeah it’s an issue with the IC code. I think someone else brought it up earlier in this thread in regards to perfect paddocks. AIQ is a mess when it comes to achievements on IC…

#13204 2 years ago

Has anyone found a source to buy the translite they used on the home pin? I like the artwork and would like to give it a try on my premium.

#13205 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Has anyone found a source to buy the translite they used on the home pin? I like the artwork and would like to give it a try on my premium.

A distributor could order it for you - Stern part # is 830-1039-M4 (from the JP Home manual)

#13206 2 years ago

Mezelmods doesn't have amber trough kits. Where do you get them?

#13207 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Hate to post this but very frustrated - I have owned my JP Premium for over a year, and I can't score on it. My max score is 375M (and no one else on the machine has scored higher either). I don't think I suck at pinball (I can tour the mansion on TAF 3 times in a single game) and score well on other games. I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score. Any suggestions? Or just just chalk it up to I suck at this game and put it on the trade block...

Great suggestions above. My two cents.

1) optimize flipper droop. If left ramp isn’t virtually automatic you are not optimized.
2) change your style. Specifically get comfortable letting the balls bounce off flippers so you can trap and control the ball with way higher frequency. Right now you are hitting fastballs I suspect with limited success.
3) watch Karl’s ie pinball stream on twitch from a couple weeks back. There is a rythem to the shots and see how he lets balls bounce. Once you see it it might rub off. Did for me.
4) award yourself an extra ball at 335 k or whatever it is (vs free game) in settings. It’s your game. Some may crucify but game is hard.

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I bought this game a few weeks ago on a whim. I mostly just wanted a road trip to break up pandemic cabin fever. I’d played it a few times, but it never really clicked.
For the first week I was certain I was going to sell it. And now, it’s absolutely in the never sell category. Like no game I own, there is an addictive “one more game” quality. You feel like you’re a high wire act, and at any second it could crash.
I suck so profoundly at this game. My average score is only 40 million. But it’s creeping up. This game rewards time invested like nothing else.
Now I understand why it’s one of the top games of all time.

I completely agree. I felt the same way with possibly wanting to move it. What changed it for me is playing more consecutive games in a row. Play for an hour or so at a time. Really helps. I found after a good wax job, Titan rubber kit ( Mr_Tantrum setup ) and some Ninja balls I’m playing much better and having a blast with it now. Maybe it’s in my head but it really seemed to make a difference. Like the adage goes…play better!

#13210 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Hate to post this but very frustrated - I have owned my JP Premium for over a year, and I can't score on it. My max score is 375M (and no one else on the machine has scored higher either). I don't think I suck at pinball (I can tour the mansion on TAF 3 times in a single game) and score well on other games. I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score. Any suggestions? Or just just chalk it up to I suck at this game and put it on the trade block...

What helped for me: turn the sling power down...alot. My slings were way over powered. Turn power to (lower) flippers down some. I believe mine are around 243 ... This helps keep the ball going a little slower...and bricking shots will allow you to recover better, rather than a fast down the middle drain. I did move the right outlane post down to the lower position and it helped some with right outlane drains. Learn to nudge and slide save. BIG difference. You can also cut the slope on the table...all my leg levelers are all the way in...and the game plays great. I also slightly moved the upper flipper because it was lower than the post...and right shots the helicopter would always clip the flipper. That is now no longer an issue. Stop the ball and cradle it. This game the ball is always moving pretty fast so it's important to slow the ball and regain control.

Also fwiw im decent at pinball...I also love houdini which has a reputation for being hard. I routinely score over 10m on it...(It's a low points scoring game) but moving to jp kicked my butt....im better now that I did those changes...but nudging the table I feel is a must for this game....

#13211 2 years ago

This is probably a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways lol.

Is there anyway to change the lighting in Escape from Nublar mode to just be "default" like when playing the game?

I find it really dark/dim in that mode and I find that it makes it distracting enough that it makes the mode harder than it needs to be so was just curious. I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

#13212 2 years ago

Love my topper & loving the pinstadiums

251C2A31-DE98-4561-A59D-1976F3EFFB84 (resized).jpeg251C2A31-DE98-4561-A59D-1976F3EFFB84 (resized).jpegE8E1EE5E-0315-41F7-B1AF-AB21F604A78B (resized).jpegE8E1EE5E-0315-41F7-B1AF-AB21F604A78B (resized).jpeg
#13213 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

This is probably a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways lol.
Is there anyway to change the lighting in Escape from Nublar mode to just be "default" like when playing the game?
I find it really dark/dim in that mode and I find that it makes it distracting enough that it makes the mode harder than it needs to be so was just curious. I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Correct. The answer is no.

#13214 2 years ago

I have a question and I'm sorry if it's already been answered. Can you take a premium apron and install it on a pro? Also can you just buy a premium apron?

#13215 2 years ago

Anyone ever had an issue where in escape from nublar mode the left ramp isn’t registering all the time? I went and tested it after in the service menu and it’s fine, also played a normal game and it was fine but it wasn’t registering all the time in escape mode. It’s a pretty big deal since that ramp is required. I am guessing it has to do with me having penlight in my basement and that mode having terrible lighting.

#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone ever had an issue where in escape from nublar mode the left ramp isn’t registering all the time? I went and tested it after in the service menu and it’s fine, also played a normal game and it was fine but it wasn’t registering all the time in escape mode. It’s a pretty big deal since that ramp is required. I am guessing it has to do with me having penlight in my basement and that mode having terrible lighting.

It is a fairly known problem that the opto on the left ramp sometimes will miss a passing ball.
It is in light of that, Stern created a plastic roof at the entrance of the left ramp has been created and replacements are available on some mod sites. You want to make sure you have a plastic roof at the entrance of your left ramp. There have been some who have opted to lower that roof even more by taking out the spacers that sit between the top of the ramp entrance and that plastic ramp roof. Additionally, Stern also created an aftermarket metal attachment bracket at the entrance of that left. JP ramp that assists the optos in registering a passing ball.

The issue is that the ball sometimes will travel so fast up the left ramp that it will ride above and miss the beams of the opto, which can be very disappointing, especially when you really need that shot. In those cases, you will check it in test mode and it will test fine, but during gameplay it can be a different story.

In addition to that ramp cover at the entrance of the left ramp, and in addition to lowering it by removing the spacers, and either in addition to, or as opposed to using the aftermarket left ramp entrance bracket that Stern created, you can also consider taking some opaque tape and covering the *lower half* of the optos at the left ramp, which is a trick that many have used on this game and others.

In case you need a replacement wrap cover, ulek has them on site and are available:

https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm

I am sure a forum search will bring up some additional stories and pictures.
Hope this helps.

#13217 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I have a question and I'm sorry if it's already been answered. Can you take a premium apron and install it on a pro? Also can you just buy a premium apron?

The short answer is yes.
However, newer Stern Pro playfields sometimes do not have the pf hole to accept the post that is typically present on premium aprons (an apron post that is attached on the backside of the front of the apron that passes through the playfield and secured underneath the pf by a hex nut).
If you're premium apron has those posts, which likely it will, and there are no holes, you will need to carefully drill those holes into the playfield. You want to be careful and exact and protect your clear coat as much as able. You want to measure three times and drill once, if you know what I mean.
The lit inserts on the apron can be backlit with comet matrix bulbs hooked to GI, so lighting the apron inserts is not a big deal at all.
I did this last year on my BK Pro and it looked amazing. I have since sold that game, or I would include a picture for you.

#13218 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It is a fairly known problem that the opto on the left ramp sometimes will miss a passing ball.
It is in light of that, Stern created a plastic roof at the entrance of the left ramp has been created and replacements are available on some mod sites. You want to make sure you have a plastic roof at the entrance of your left ramp. There have been some who have opted to lower that roof even more by taking out the spacers that sit between the top of the ramp entrance and that plastic ramp roof. Additionally, Stern also created an aftermarket metal attachment bracket at the entrance of that left. JP ramp that assists the optos in registering a passing ball.
The issue is that the ball sometimes will travel so fast up the left ramp that it will ride above and miss the beams of the opto, which can be very disappointing, especially when you really need that shot. In those cases, you will check it in test mode and it will test fine, but during gameplay it can be a different story.
In addition to that ramp cover at the entrance of the left ramp, and in addition to lowering it by removing the spacers, and either in addition to, or as opposed to using the aftermarket left ramp entrance bracket that Stern created, you can also consider taking some opaque tape and covering the *lower half* of the optos at the left ramp, which is a trick that many have used on this game and others.
In case you need a replacement wrap cover, ulek has them on site and are available:
https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm
I am sure a forum search will bring up some additional stories and pictures.
Hope this helps.

It's just strange because it is only happening in Escape from Nublar mode. I haven't seen it happen at all in a normal game (I don't think) and it happened like 3x in a row. Like it was happening more than not in Nublar but not in normal mode. And the ball speed on hitting those ramps should be the same coming from the right flipper.

I do have the roof on mine with spacers. And I believe I have the metal part you are talking about as well if it is attached to the left side of the entrance to the ramp. I remember taking this stuff off when I installed new rubbers a while ago.

This tape thing you are talking about - do you have more info on this?

#13219 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

A premium apron is held in place on the front by two brackets, each with three screws into the playfield. Whereas the pro aprons have posts under the cards, the Premium needs those brackets. That means you are drilling six holes into the playfield…. Not for the faint of heart. If I were doing it, I would likely try to position those two brackets with double sided tape first. And when perfectly placed, then drill!

94B4ED82-C030-46AF-837F-270787A036AD (resized).jpeg94B4ED82-C030-46AF-837F-270787A036AD (resized).jpeg
#13220 2 years ago

Outside of the Missile Launch EB, and the EB for getting 6 rescues, what's the next most attainable EB to go for?

I feel like I'm one EB away from reaching Nublar.

#13221 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Outside of the Missile Launch EB, and the EB for getting 6 rescues, what's the next most attainable EB to go for?

I am pretty sure you get one for capturing the T-Rex also.

#13222 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Yes one for capturing Trex also one after so many DNAs which can be changed in settings

#13223 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Yes one for capturing Trex also one after so many DNAs which can be changed in settings

From Tilt forums site

Extra Balls:

Six Extra Balls can be collected in this game, through the following methods:

Lights Extra Ball at the right ramp:
Collecting 6 Rescues
Collecting 6 DNA combos (operator-adjustable)
Instantly awards Extra Ball:
Successfully capturing the T-Rex
The “Extra Ball” Smart Missile award
Completing Fossil Set 2
Collecting the fifth Super Supply Drop

#13224 2 years ago

Anyone getting a 3-ball in feed t-rex? maybe i'm popping an add-a-ball somehow, but I swear I got 3 ball a couple times now in feed t-rex since going to 1.5 code.

#13225 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone getting a 3-ball in feed t-rex? maybe i'm popping an add-a-ball somehow, but I swear I got 3 ball a couple times now in feed t-rex since going to 1.5 code.

think if you get a supply drop in the mode it addd an extra ball. You should also hear a “ball added” call out when that happens.

#13226 2 years ago

Better late than never.....! Gimmie my NIB!!!!

JP_PreOrder (resized).jpgJP_PreOrder (resized).jpg

Expected arrival of allotment is April, so.....in theory it'll come home sometime that month!

Can't believe I just did this, but I'm ready to let CFTBL go, and honestly, this is a LOT more game and rules and fun. And with the new JP movie coming June.... good luck.

#13227 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image]
Expected arrival of allotment is April, so.....in theory it'll come home sometime that month!
Can't believe I just did this, but I'm ready to let CFTBL go, and honestly, this is a LOT more game and rules and fun. And with the new JP movie coming June.... good luck.

New JP movie? Didn’t even know. I’m in for a prem in April too, hope they make enough to fill my spot!

#13228 2 years ago

Hey there, I’ve just discovered some chipping underneath the stationary ball in the middle of my JP playfield. Anyone have anything they use to keep this from getting worse? Would a thin petg or metal washer work without inhibiting the newton ball mech?

#13229 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hey there, I’ve just discovered some chipping underneath the stationary ball in the middle of my JP playfield. Anyone have anything they use to keep this from getting worse? Would a thin petg or metal washer work without inhabiting the newton ball mech?

Oh man. Sorry. Photo out of curiosity. Tiny bit of Mylar maybe? I would not do a washer.

#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image]

Serious congrats. Great decision.

#13231 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hey there, I’ve just discovered some chipping underneath the stationary ball in the middle of my JP playfield. Anyone have anything they use to keep this from getting worse? Would a thin petg or metal washer work without inhibiting the newton ball mech?

Mylar

#13232 2 years ago

Felt or nylon washers can also do the trick.

The problem sometimes with mylar is that if the guide is too tight to the playfield, eventually the marlar will start to get pulled up.

#13233 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the new premiums are coming with the QR scanner?

Is the apron any different, with new decals or anything?

#13234 2 years ago

I don't think any JP's have been built yet that have IC on them. That batch is supposed to be April.

I purchased my JP in November of this past year but the build date was December 2020.

#13235 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Regarding skill shots not registering on left ramp, I had that issue as well. No amount of manual testing revealed any issue. I then discovered it was happening when I didn't have a clean shot and was grazing the supply drop target before making the ramp. That may or may not explain your issue but is worth looking out for.

I fixed this issue recently. Another switch was being activated prior to the skill shot being registered - this inactivated the skill shot in the process.

I had to remove switch 58 (4x4 target or supply target) and bend the switch activators slightly. This helped the switch 58 be less sensitive and therefore not be activated inappropriately.

Hope this makes sense. Message me if questions.

Love this game.
Anything worth doing isn’t easy?

#13236 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I don't think any JP's have been built yet that have IC on them. That batch is supposed to be April.
I purchased my JP in November of this past year but the build date was December 2020.

It looks like Acedanger above just got one with a QR doo dad. Check out the photo.

#13237 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

It looks like Acedanger above just got one with a QR doo dad. Check out the photo.

I keep wondering why they placed such a huge lighted QR code reader in the apron. The camera on your phone can do it... no need for the business card sized window to be there in the apron. It could have been done with a 1/2" round hole with a camera sensor.

Perhaps they think tourney folks will carry a printed card in their wallet with their QR code printed on it? A paper card has no backlight and in a darkened room would require a front-lit window like they are using. Could that old-school usage model be what they are thinking?

#13238 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I keep wondering why they placed such a huge lighted QR code reader in the apron. The camera on your phone can do it... no need for the business card sized window to be there in the apron. It could have been done with a 1/2" round hole with a camera sensor.
Perhaps they think tourney folks will carry a printed card in their wallet with their QR code printed on it? A paper card has no backlight and in a darkened room would require a front-lit window like they are using. Could that old-school usage model be what they are thinking?

FYI I have cards printed at home for the different players. Why need your phone, log in to Stern, get the QR code, show it to the camera. It requires additional tech (your phone). This way it requires no tech, just a printed QR code.

Oh and BTW the "blindingly bright light" is not. Pics will always make it look much brighter than it really is. It's dim and not noticeable. I play my games in the dark and it's not an issue.

#13239 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Flip n Out Zach was great & easy to work with... https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/stern-insider-connected-retrofit-kit-for-pro-models

#13240 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

He had his JP before I got mine in November 2021, so I'm guessing he just got a kit and installed it.

#13241 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I think it has more to do with making it user friendly, obvious, and easy to locate for casual players.
They put a lot of signage around it and all over the place, they want it to be seen and used.

#13242 2 years ago

Of course. I mean they do have a video clip showing the buttons on the sides activate the flippers etc etc.

#13243 2 years ago

Question about Escape from Nublar mode.

That's all I have been playing recently trying to get my shots down and I still haven't finished it. I was 2 shots away from the entrance one time but lost. So I'm getting close but I do feel I'm getting some shots down better now.

I've been picking the "challenge" mode that takes off randomness. Every time I start, it always has the right and left ramps lit up as the 2 I need to hit to proceed.

But sometimes, I get like 4 or 5 ramps I have to hit at the next paddock to proceed, but sometimes I only have 2 or 3 to hit to proceed.

I also noticed that sometimes I have to hit the 2 targets to proceed, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I just get the rescues and then have to hit the red arrows, but sometimes I get the rescues and then have to hit the 2 targets, then the red arrows show up to hit.

How come it is different sometimes? What causes that to happen? I know this mode turns off the randomness so there must be something i am doing that is causing it. Does getting through the first one faster make the second one easier or something?

#13244 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Question about Escape from Nublar mode.
That's all I have been playing recently trying to get my shots down and I still haven't finished it. I was 2 shots away from the entrance one time but lost. So I'm getting close but I do feel I'm getting some shots down better now.
I've been picking the "challenge" mode that takes off randomness. Every time I start, it always has the right and left ramps lit up as the 2 I need to hit to proceed.
But sometimes, I get like 4 or 5 ramps I have to hit at the next paddock to proceed, but sometimes I only have 2 or 3 to hit to proceed.
I also noticed that sometimes I have to hit the 2 targets to proceed, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I just get the rescues and then have to hit the red arrows, but sometimes I get the rescues and then have to hit the 2 targets, then the red arrows show up to hit.
How come it is different sometimes? What causes that to happen? I know this mode turns off the randomness so there must be something i am doing that is causing it. Does getting through the first one faster make the second one easier or something?

Basically how escape Nublar works is you have to work your way back through the island from the visitors center back to the main gate. If you qualified this in an actual game, it uses the path you took to the visitors center but for the challenge, it uses the shortest path up one side of the island (based on the truck position when starting the mode). During the mode you need to work your way back through the paddocks starting from the visitors center. Each paddock has 3 main phases.

First the rescue phase where shots will be lit to rescue staff. After collecting all rescues two things can happen. If you're at a paddock where you did not capture the dinosaur on your way to the visitors center, you need to capture it on your way back. That's why you're seeing the requirement to hit the set trap targets on some paddocks only. If you already caught the dino for the paddock you're in, you skip the capture phase and go right into the navigation phase. In the navigation phase you must shoot red shots until you find a valid exit, which lights the left ramp to move on to the next paddock. Similarly to regular play, the direction of the truck indicated which paddock you will go to next. Going down a path where you have not captured the dinos already is worth more points for the captures but requires more rescues during the rescue phase.

Also, when using the competition mode that removes some of the randomness it just makes it so that the rescues in each paddock are in the same place (for example the right and left ramps for the visitors center as you noted) and also makes it so you find a valid exit in a set number of shots during navigation phase instead of randomly. Normally the red shots will just randomly open a valid path, where the chances get lower the further you get. In competition the visitors center only needs one red shot to open a path then 2 for the next paddock, then 3, etc, etc.

Hopefully this clears up some of the randomness you're seeing. It's mainly due to which path you take down the island and whether you already have the dino at each paddock or not.

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Basically how escape Nublar works is you have to work your way back through the island from the visitors center back to the main gate. If you qualified this in an actual game, it uses the path you took to the visitors center but for the challenge, it uses the shortest path up one side of the island (based on the truck position when starting the mode). During the mode you need to work your way back through the paddocks starting from the visitors center. Each paddock has 3 main phases.
First the rescue phase where shots will be lit to rescue staff. After collecting all rescues two things can happen. If you're at a paddock where you did not capture the dinosaur on your way to the visitors center, you need to capture it on your way back. That's why you're seeing the requirement to hit the set trap targets on some paddocks only. If you already caught the dino for the paddock you're in, you skip the capture phase and go right into the navigation phase. In the navigation phase you must shoot red shots until you find a valid exit, which lights the left ramp to move on to the next paddock. Similarly to regular play, the direction of the truck indicated which paddock you will go to next. Going down a path where you have not captured the dinos already is worth more points for the captures but requires more rescues during the rescue phase.
Also, when using the competition mode that removes some of the randomness it just makes it so that the rescues in each paddock are in the same place (for example the right and left ramps for the visitors center as you noted) and also makes it so you find a valid exit in a set number of shots during navigation phase instead of randomly. Normally the red shots will just randomly open a valid path, where the chances get lower the further you get. In competition the visitors center only needs one red shot to open a path then 2 for the next paddock, then 3, etc, etc.
Hopefully this clears up some of the randomness you're seeing. It's mainly due to which path you take down the island and whether you already have the dino at each paddock or not.

So not to be a dick, but that didn't clear anything up for me really.

I am talking about the challenge (competition mode - guess I didn't make it that clear) mode only with randomness turned off. So capturing dinosaurs isn't even in the picture when doing this since I didn't capture anything going straight into the challenge mode. So do you know why sometimes it would make me set traps and not others?

Additionally, you didn't really mention anything about how sometimes I get to the second paddock to escape and I have 4-5 rescues to make before progression, and sometimes I have 2-3 rescues to make before the next progression. It even happens when I have the jeep pointed the same direction when it happens sometimes.

It also doesn't take you always on the sides of the map with the shortest route. You can traverse through the middle too if you start flipping the car. I try to make sure to have it set the same way each time I progress though to take the shortest route but still haven't made it out.

#13246 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So not to be a dick, but that didn't clear anything up for me really.
I am talking about the challenge (competition mode - guess I didn't make it that clear) mode only with randomness turned off. So capturing dinosaurs isn't even in the picture when doing this since I didn't capture anything going straight into the challenge mode. So do you know why sometimes it would make me set traps and not others?
Additionally, you didn't really mention anything about how sometimes I get to the second paddock to escape and I have 4-5 rescues to make before progression, and sometimes I have 2-3 rescues to make before the next progression. It even happens when I have the jeep pointed the same direction when it happens sometimes.
It also doesn't take you always on the sides of the map with the shortest route. You can traverse through the middle too if you start flipping the car. I try to make sure to have it set the same way each time I progress though to take the shortest route but still haven't made it out.

All good, it's kind of confusing. Capturing dinos is always part of escape nublar whether you played through the game or are playing the challenge. Take a closer look when you start playing the escape nublar challenge and see if one side of paddsocks are fully lit. It has to simulate that you got to visitors center just as you would in a regular game because the mode relies on the fact you made it there. The side that it sets you up with is based on the way the truck is facing when you start it. Once you're in the mode however you can traverse to any of the paddocks on the way back. So yes, you can go to the trex, spinosaurus, and spitter paddocks during escape nublar, but they won't have been previously visited because the game sets you up with the shortest path on either side (again, based on the truck position when you started the challenge mode). This is definitely the reason you're seeing the set trap sometimes and not other times, because you will need to capture the dinos in paddocks you haven't already.

For example, if the truck is facing left, then it will set you up as if you captured all the dinos going up the left side of the island, so it will act like you have the pteradon captured. If you go to the pteradon paddock from the vitiors center you will not need to capture them because you already do. If you had gone to the raptor paddock instead you would need to capture it because you hadn't done it yet (since you had the left side lit up from the start). Maybe this makes more sense. Basically when you play the challenge the game has to simulate that you reached the visitors center because the gameplay directly involves going back through the island.

Also, the number of rescues is related to this. There will be more rescues to get on paddocks where you did not capture the dino already. So in our example above, the pteradon paddock will have fewer rescues to collect than if you went to the raptor paddock because you already have the pteradon and not the raptors.

This is also why you may be a bit confused with seeing different results when going the same way. If you start the challenge with the truck facing right, you will have all the dinos on the right side, which then makes the pteradon paddock have more rescues and the capture phase, while the raptors are already captured and so you need fewer rescues, and no capture sequence.

Hopefully this clears things up better.

#13247 2 years ago

Has anyone used Pinball Life's Fluorescent Green protectors on their JP? I wasn't sure how'd they look, I normally see people doing orange. Actually where is everyone getting their orange protectors at?

#13248 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

All good, it's kind of confusing. Capturing dinos is always part of escape nublar whether you played through the game or are playing the challenge. Take a closer look when you start playing the escape nublar challenge and see if one side of paddsocks are fully lit. It has to simulate that you got to visitors center just as you would in a regular game because the mode relies on the fact you made it there. The side that it sets you up with is based on the way the truck is facing when you start it. Once you're in the mode however you can traverse to any of the paddocks on the way back. So yes, you can go to the trex, spinosaurus, and spitter paddocks during escape nublar, but they won't have been previously visited because the game sets you up with the shortest path on either side (again, based on the truck position when you started the challenge mode). This is definitely the reason you're seeing the set trap sometimes and not other times, because you will need to capture the dinos in paddocks you haven't already.
For example, if the truck is facing left, then it will set you up as if you captured all the dinos going up the left side of the island, so it will act like you have the pteradon captured. If you go to the pteradon paddock from the vitiors center you will not need to capture them because you already do. If you had gone to the raptor paddock instead you would need to capture it because you hadn't done it yet (since you had the left side lit up from the start). Maybe this makes more sense. Basically when you play the challenge the game has to simulate that you reached the visitors center because the gameplay directly involves going back through the island.
Also, the number of rescues is related to this. There will be more rescues to get on paddocks where you did not capture the dino already. So in our example above, the pteradon paddock will have fewer rescues to collect than if you went to the raptor paddock because you already have the pteradon and not the raptors.
This is also why you may be a bit confused with seeing different results when going the same way. If you start the challenge with the truck facing right, you will have all the dinos on the right side, which then makes the pteradon paddock have more rescues and the capture phase, while the raptors are already captured and so you need fewer rescues, and no capture sequence.
Hopefully this clears things up better.

Ooooh okay thanks a lot yes that completely clears it up. So basically you want to go the direction that the car is pointing when you start the game. I was basically trying to always just go the direction it is facing, AFTER I clear the first paddock, since that would make it the shortest path either way. But, now I understand why sometimes it has more people to rescue and the set traps. Makes sense.

I also had no clue that the paddocks you progress through (in normal mode) were lit up differently than the ones you didn't capture. That is probably because I haven't gotten very far in it and I usually capture the first 2 or so dinos pretty easily.

And also had no clue that capturing dinosaurs was a thing in escape from Nublar too. Thanks for clearing it up I'll pay attention to all this tonight when I give it some time.

#13249 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Has anyone used Pinball Life's Fluorescent Green protectors on their JP? I wasn't sure how'd they look, I normally see people doing orange. Actually where is everyone getting their orange protectors at?

I don't have them but remember seeing them here.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-plastic-protector-set?variant=39427662544993

Looks to be sold out, and also way more expensive than pinball life's.

#13250 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Mezel used to have the orange ones but no longer in stock. PBL has the green ones in stock.

A bit more expensive, but https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/Gk41wVLx5U6mPYzevUk0Yw?categoryid=32&category=-&name=Jurassic+Park+(Limited+Edition)+%7C+2019

has all FIVE colors (including red, blue, yellow, green orange)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 300.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/265?hl=grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.