(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 424.
#13151 2 years ago

Time to play

58FDA76B-8961-47DA-8ABE-6C84D2CC7A4A (resized).jpeg58FDA76B-8961-47DA-8ABE-6C84D2CC7A4A (resized).jpegC7CBCF5C-2DAB-48ED-856F-75BB6BDF03C9 (resized).jpegC7CBCF5C-2DAB-48ED-856F-75BB6BDF03C9 (resized).jpeg
#13152 2 years ago

Thanks! Will take a look at those.

#13153 2 years ago

Finally joined the Billion club it has taken me nearly 1000 games. I'm still improving slowly and watching my average score increasing which is currently 155mill.
I'm looking forward to progressing further, I have not reached the Visitor Centre yet. (Getting to Secure Control room more often and missed completing it by one shot)
I need to get better at DNA combos so I can get that extra ball that I rarely get now.
Also I would like to get more fossils each game, best is two in one game.

JP Billion 20220130_200108 (resized).jpgJP Billion 20220130_200108 (resized).jpg
#13154 2 years ago

That's quite the score without reaching VC. Nice job.

#13155 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Clean my JP and this fell as we lifted the playfield and tested the flippers. Any one knows where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely coil stop washer. Did you disassemble the flipper mechanism underneath?

#13156 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Those look awesome. Any videos or pics of them in a game? Would love to see how it looks.

Thanks! I'm working on getting an updated video to the web site shortly.

Quoted from J85M:

Is there anyway to stop or turn off the t-Rex and dinos flashing? Love the lighting effect but not big on the dinosaur flashing.

These are sound reactive. So there is some dialing in that needs to be done by adjusting the sound sensitivity on the EL Box. There are several different stages and they cycle according to the sound of the game. Each stage lighting up at different times. Hope that helps.

#13157 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Definitely coil stop washer. Did you disassemble the flipper mechanism underneath?

I was thinking the same thing. That washer doesn’t just fall out

#13158 2 years ago

Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was thinking the same thing. That washer doesn’t just fall out

No I did not, just was moving the pf up to test the switches. I cleaned the pf, installed flipper button light, though light. Never disassemble any coil or mechanism.

#13159 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:No I did not, just was moving the pf up to test the switches. I cleaned the pf, installed flipper button light, though light. Never disassemble any coil or mechanism.

They don't normally fall out, but I guess it could if your coil stop was totally trashed. The washer is part #5 in this diagram. Go ahead and buy at least three of part #2. Part #2 is the coil stop and is a common fail point on JP. Common belief is Stern had a bad batch of coil stops during early production of JP. It's a cheap easy replacement.

Screenshot_20220131-085809_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220131-085809_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#13160 2 years ago

My Rule #1 on new Sterns: Pick up new coil stops (Pinball Life makes good ones) and install before you even turn the machine on.

#13161 2 years ago

Thanks. Will do.

#13162 2 years ago

How can you tell if they are failing?

#13163 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

How can you tell if they are failing?

Noticeably weakening flipper and if really blown out they will start sticking up or stop working completely

I had my right flipper start sticking during a game at 700 or so games

#13164 2 years ago

Thanks.

#13165 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:How can you tell if they are failing?
Look inside cab if you see any metal shavings that's a clear indicator.

#13166 2 years ago

Is it possible the washer fell out with a previous owner's repair work?

#13167 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Is it possible the washer fell out with a previous owner's repair work?

Maybe, I'll take a look tonight. I contacted Stern's support and they responded quickly with parts on the way part of the warranty.

#13168 2 years ago

Quick question everyone, I was wondering what people would think would be the best color for lit flipper buttons and lit speaker panels. I can't decide between, green, yellow, or maybe even red. Any one got pictures or thoughts and which way I should go?

#13169 2 years ago

They don't normally fall out, but I guess it could if your coil stop was totally trashed. The washer is part #5 in this diagram. Go ahead and buy at least three of part #2. Part #2 is the coil stop and is a common fail point on JP. Common belief is Stern had a bad batch of coil stops during early production of JP. It's a cheap easy replacement.
[quoted image]

Stern has been using bad coil stops for at least 4 years. This is not limited to JP. Stern, like shingles, doesn't care.

#13170 2 years ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

My Rule #1 on new Sterns: Pick up new coil stops (Pinball Life makes good ones) and install before you even turn the machine on.

Do you have a link for the coil stop on pinball life, for the life of me I can't find it

#13171 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Do you have a link for the coil stop on pinball life, for the life of me I can't find it

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#13172 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I was wondering what people would think would be the best color for lit flipper buttons and lit speaker panels. I can't decide between, green, yellow, or maybe even red. Any one got pictures or thoughts and which way I should go?

I went with yellow (they're not yellow at all) for the flipper buttons because it matches the amber shooter rod very nicely.
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines.html

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/140#post-5861105
(not my machine, but that looks good!!)

#13173 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Quick question everyone, I was wondering what people would think would be the best color for lit flipper buttons and lit speaker panels. I can't decide between, green, yellow, or maybe even red. Any one got pictures or thoughts and which way I should go?

I had Pinball life send me the a set of both the yellow and clear translucent buttons to install with the yellow Brite LEDs. In the end, I liked the clear buttons more with the yellow LEDs (it was brighter and seemed to go with intensity of the Amber shooter brightness better).

#13174 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I went with yellow for buttons. I also went with yellow for speaker outline kit. However when I play games I have them set to green.

When off the yellow looks nice with the yellow outline one the JP logo in the back glass.

My JP in general has a amber to green theme. Amber as you are at the bottom and green towards the top. The stock artwork kind of is that way too so I went that way with lighting. I also have an amber trough light and amber lit flippers. And by amber it’s just yellow.

I also went with orange rubbers towards the bottom of the play field and green on the top, except around the bumpers I used orange too.
7A8B23EC-2FB3-41D7-B643-9DC390344A0C (resized).jpeg7A8B23EC-2FB3-41D7-B643-9DC390344A0C (resized).jpeg

BDB65C95-BE4A-44D7-B059-520332F64125 (resized).jpegBDB65C95-BE4A-44D7-B059-520332F64125 (resized).jpeg5141CA3A-AB51-4490-B6F7-E6A29E8C3E7E (resized).jpeg5141CA3A-AB51-4490-B6F7-E6A29E8C3E7E (resized).jpeg
#13175 2 years ago

Those look great, thanks for all the pictures and ideas!

#13176 2 years ago

purbeast where did you get the illuminated flipper bats?

#13177 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

purbeast where did you get the illuminated flipper bats?

From here.

https://arcademade.com/collections/lit-kit-flips-by-arcade-made/products/lit-kit-flips-for-jurassic-park-stern-pinball

He also has a thread on these forums and I will vouch for his customer service.

My upper flipper cracked and he shipped me a new one immediately without question.

Then like two weeks later my bottom right one cracked and he sent me 2 new bottom ones (right and left) and before I even received them, my bottom left one also cracked. All 3 cracked in the same spot. And he told me if I get anymore issues with these that he will refund me the money.

He changed up how he makes them too and thinks that will solve the issue. He has never had this issue happen with any one else so he (and myself) are hoping that it was just a bad batch of flippers I had for my first ones.

#13178 2 years ago

Thank you sir!

#13179 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

From here.
https://arcademade.com/collections/lit-kit-flips-by-arcade-made/products/lit-kit-flips-for-jurassic-park-stern-pinball
My upper flipper cracked and he shipped me a new one immediately without question.
Then like two weeks later my bottom right one cracked and he sent me 2 new bottom ones (right and left) and before I even received them, my bottom left one also cracked. All 3 cracked in the same spot. And he told me if I get anymore issues with these that he will refund me the money.
He changed up how he makes them too and thinks that will solve the issue. He has never had this issue happen with any one else so he (and myself) are hoping that it was just a bad batch of flippers I had for my first ones.

Those LED Flippers look way too distracting are they that bright in person.

#13180 2 years ago

Has anyone incorporated the Jurassic Park Welcome Gate into their playfield?

#13181 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

It's hard to get the lighting right across in videos on these things. In videos and pics you will see this very bright glow that simply is not there in person.

Like in the pic above you can't even see the little "dividers" that are visible on top of the flippers (almost looks like sections) because how bright they appear in the pic. In person, you can easily see the dividers when they are powered on.

They are not distracting in the least. Like they aren't "in your face blinding" or anything close to that.

When I had to put the stock ones back in I was disappointed with how the stock ones look now lol. I just wanted the replacements right then and there.

EDIT:

The "dividers" I am talking about you can see from the side views of these ones here. You can see those from the top as well.

https://pinballhaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/twrbtrbrbtw.png

#13182 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

From here.

Quoted from acedanger:

I bet they would look awesome with a flipper bat topper so the light makes more of a ‘glow’ effect.

#13183 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I bet they would look awesome with a flipper bat topper so the light makes more of a ‘glow’ effect.

Mr_Tantrum has toppers on his, but again, from the pics it's hard to get a real idea of the effect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-flipper-kits-by-arcademadecom/page/4#post-6693578

There are a few pics if you scroll up too you can see closeup pics of his.

The ones in my pic basically are flippers with a glow effect.

The glow just looks bout 100x brighter in pics/vids than in person.

#13184 2 years ago

Are there any barbasol can mods available?

#13186 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are there any barbasol can mods available?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:981380

#13187 2 years ago

Thanks I messaged earlier it looks to be the best one available currently. Having the exposed vials is a nice touch, not all that impressed with mezels it looks pretty cheap.

#13188 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks I messaged earlier it looks to be the best one available currently. Having the exposed vials is a nice touch, not all that impressed with mezels it looks pretty cheap.

I have the one with the exposed vials and definitely recommend it if you like how it looks. I’ve had comments from guests about it too. And since it just goes over an existing led dome it’s not really adding any clutter or anything.

#13189 2 years ago

I cant have enough of this game. Its awesome. Just added some illusion gambler powdercoat.

20220131_164420 (resized).jpg20220131_164420 (resized).jpg20220201_084047 (resized).jpg20220201_084047 (resized).jpg20220202_175511 (resized).jpg20220202_175511 (resized).jpg
#13190 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

It's not this.. my son and I both Perfected Gallimimus and we have the IC achievement to prove it in our achievement lists. We've both perfected brachi on the game a couple times (it tells us we did on screen after we do it) and neither of us have IC achievement in our list.

That's got to be it!! Thanks for letting me know about this - otherwise we would have tried a bunch of different things trying to figure out why Brachi Perfect wasn't awarding us the IC achievement. Man, did you just save us a bunch of time and frustration. It's the price us early adopters must pay...

To follow up on this - I DID just get Perfect Paddock for brachy. Like I suspected, you DO have to complete all rescues BEFORE capturing the dino to get the achievement and the Perfect Paddock bonus. If you capture the dino then complete the rescues afterward, you get the Perfect Paddock bonus but NOT the achievement.

Not sure if it is like this for all dinos or just brachy.....

#13191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Not sure if it is like this for all dinos or just brachy.....

All dinos.

#13192 2 years ago

To get the perfect paddock bonus, you definitely don't need to rescue all people before capturing the dinosaur. I don't think I have ever done that and I've definitely gotten the perfect paddock bonus multiple times.

Now to unlock the achievement, that I can't attest to as I don't have IC.

I am also still on v1.03 so perhaps in v1.05 they changed the perfect paddock rules?

EDIT:

Although according to the readme for v1.05 it doesn't look like they changed anything.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/jurassic_park-1_05_0-README_PRO.txt

#13193 2 years ago

Hate to post this but very frustrated - I have owned my JP Premium for over a year, and I can't score on it. My max score is 375M (and no one else on the machine has scored higher either). I don't think I suck at pinball (I can tour the mansion on TAF 3 times in a single game) and score well on other games. I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score. Any suggestions? Or just just chalk it up to I suck at this game and put it on the trade block...

#13194 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Hate to post this but very frustrated - I have owned my JP Premium for over a year, and I can't score on it. My max score is 375M (and no one else on the machine has scored higher either). I don't think I suck at pinball (I can tour the mansion on TAF 3 times in a single game) and score well on other games. I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score. Any suggestions? Or just just chalk it up to I suck at this game and put it on the trade block...

It’s hard. Hit your shots (easier said than done!), not saying I can.

Helped me to focus on it (don’t play other pins), almost have to relearn it after playing other easier pins.

I got 1.4b on my old premium, traded it for an LE and struggling hard!

Are you set at 7 degrees with drooping flippers? (Makes the C/control room and S/helicopter shots easier)

#13195 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

To get the perfect paddock bonus, you definitely don't need to rescue all people before capturing the dinosaur. I don't think I have ever done that and I've definitely gotten the perfect paddock bonus multiple times.

Now to unlock the achievement, that I can't attest to as I don't have IC.

Yeah, this is how it works specifically to get the achievement.

#13196 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score

Completing control room modes can be very valuable, Trex MB can be built up prior to starting for good points. Completing Paddocks can be tough but if you can hit most of the shots on the game and the Set Trap Targets, you should be able to progress through the game.

One thing to go for is the capturing the Brachiosaurus and making sure to build your Rescue Streaks, especially with the early, easy to capture dinos.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Are you set at 7 degrees with drooping flippers?

I think it's very important to have your flippers slightly drooped (flipper bat centered to the dot on the playfield) in order to make the Control Room and Helipad shots more shootable. If you can hit the Helipad consistently, you can get the ball to your right flipper safely, light dinos for capture and use it as a mode shot.

The O shot tends to be the most difficult shot but, on my machine at least, it seems to be a relatively safe return when you brick the shot.

#13197 2 years ago

One last t-rex mode to reach Nublar, and the stupid T-Rex wouldn't grab the ball!

New GC too!
PXL_20220203_051216265 (resized).jpgPXL_20220203_051216265 (resized).jpg

#13198 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

It's not an easy game. The truck makes the ball go bad directions sometimes, and the increased danger from those bounces makes JP a lot more difficult than a lot of games. If you haven't already, I'd first say try playing the Nublar challenge mode a lot. It helps you learn the shots pretty well.

2nd, try just going for T-Rex modes... but of course be careful how you hit the truck There's a lot of points available in those modes and the paddocks will start & make progress while you play them. Before you know it you can have 3 paddocks cleared without really trying for many specific rescue, trap, or capture shots because you'll be hitting them along the way while you play T-Rex modes.

3rd, go with the flow and don't force shots. Don't get so determined to hit any one shot that you're trying for it no matter what. Go for the shot that's best for how the ball is returning to the flipper and then come back to the shot you'd like to hit when the ball is better set up to hit it. The flow in this game is so great that you can hit three quick shots in a row to set up the shot you'd like to go for instead of trying it too soon and bricking into danger. Just my 2 cents on it.

#13199 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranpastrana:

I cant have enough of this game. Its awesome. Just added some illusion gambler powdercoat.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That illusion gambler color that you chose looks absolutely amazing!

#13200 2 years ago

I bought this game a few weeks ago on a whim. I mostly just wanted a road trip to break up pandemic cabin fever. I’d played it a few times, but it never really clicked.

For the first week I was certain I was going to sell it. And now, it’s absolutely in the never sell category. Like no game I own, there is an addictive “one more game” quality. You feel like you’re a high wire act, and at any second it could crash.

I suck so profoundly at this game. My average score is only 40 million. But it’s creeping up. This game rewards time invested like nothing else.

Now I understand why it’s one of the top games of all time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/264?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.