(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 426.
#13101 2 years ago

Without the bit these make good drivers for 5/16 and 1/4 inch.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#13102 2 years ago

So I was just looking at mine and I definitely had the right wire form off and that was it. No plastics off or anything when I ratcheted it to hell lol.

It also didn’t seem to help much at all as far as drains go lol. I was expecting it to be more noticeable but it still randomly goes over there often lol.

#13103 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone been able to move their outlane posts on JP? I can get the nut off from under the playfield but cant get the post out at all. Any tips or videos? Thanks

Ideally "unscrewing" it when it's that tight is best, but if you can't do that, you can always just pound it out from underneath. Use a small punch, screwdriver, or another post or something with a smaller diameter than the post you are trying to move. If it had a nut on the bottom, it wasn't meant to be threaded into the wood.

#13104 2 years ago

Tier 1 Paddock Analysis: Gallimimus vs Brachiosaurus

Alright, there was interest shown for some in depth analysis on the different paddock levels so here is post #1 where we will be comparing the tier 1 paddocks, the Gallimimus and the Brachiosaurus. I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.

Gallimimus (left side)

We will start with the first paddock option on the left side, the Gallimimus, whose perk awards you with double bounties for the rest of the game. This multiplier effects only the score received for capturing the dino, and does not effects the perks they reward, or other bonuses they may give such as the extra ball for capturing the T-Rex. Since this is a tier one paddock, you have the whole rest of the island to cash in double bounties, making it quite a powerful choice. Here is a closer analysis of scoring potential in different cases:

keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multiplier itself, not the total points you would have received by going through the paddocks.

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (capturing all possible dinos): 52.5 million

Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (staying to left side for quickest path and assuming you actually capture the dinos at the paddocks you visit): 30 million

More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos total): 12.5-17.5million (depending on if you get optional dinos. High end is if you stay left, skipping the optional dinos)

Based on the numbers here, the Gallimimus seems like a pretty desirable choice since you will be working through the paddocks anyway, and snagging those extra points. One thing I was curious about was if the bonus applied to the captures you can get during escape Nublar, so I tested it and the bonus does NOT apply to the capture scores during escape Nublar.

Brachiosaurus (right side)

The Brachiosaurus is the first paddock on the right side of Isla Nublar and awards you with the perk of "+200k Rescue Streaks". To understand what this means you first need to understand how the scoring for rescue streaks works in the first place. The base rescue value is 500k and is always awarded when you rescue. For reach rescue after the first, an additional 400k is added to the value from the previous rescue. So a 5 rescue streak starting from scratch would have the following scoring:

500k for rescue one, 900k for rescue two (500k base value plus the 400k for being the second in a streak), 1.3mil for the third rescue (900k from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), then 1.7mil for rescue four (1.3mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), and 2.1 mil for rescue five (1.7mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak). This is a total of 6.5 million points.

This keeps growing for every rescue until you lose an employee to a dino. As you can see this compounds quickly. Now what the perk from the Brachiosaurus does is make it so that each rescue in the streak adds an additional 200k per rescue. This means that each rescue adds 600k to the value for each rescue in the streak instead of 400k. That makes a five rescue streak starting from scratch have the following scoring:

500k for rescue one, 1.1mil for rescue two (500k base value plus the 600k for being the second in a streak with Brachiosaurus), 1.7mil for the third rescue (1.1mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), then 2.3mil for rescue four (1.7mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), and 2.9 mil for rescue five (2.3mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus). This is a total of 8.5 million points, an additional 2 million over not having the Brachiosaurus perk.

This may seem underwhelming at first, but since this streak bonus keeps growing, and you cash it in with every rescue in the streak it can get to pretty high values much quicker than without this perk. Here are some scoring scenarios for this perk:

keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk itself. NOT the total scoring of the rescue streak itself (aka I'm not including the base value or the default 400k increments in the calculation)

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (getting a perfect paddock for all dinos including optional ones. AKA getting all rescues available in one streak): 265.2 million

Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (never getting a streak at all): 0 points. Ok so this one is pretty unrealistic but so is the maximum scoring scenario, and technically you can make it there by not having a rescue streak at all the whole way, in which you would not gain any bonus from having this perk.

More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 11 million

More generous higher end average game (capturing 5 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 34.2 million

As you can see by those numbers the Brachiosaurus perk can earn you tons of extra points over the course of a game, but you need to make sure you're keeping your streak up, otherwise it is a bit of a dud. Also, similarly to the Gallimimus perk, this has no effect on rescues collected during the escape Nublar wizard mode.

Conclusion

Clearly both of the tier 1 dino perks can be very strong since you will carry them with you through most of the game. Which one is better at the end of the day comes down to playstyle and skill. Based on the numbers here, if you are just trying to make a race for the visitors center, the Gallimimus will generall be the better one because it will double the bounties regardless of the number of rescues or if a streak was lost. The Brachiosaurus perk is for those who want to take the time to grab every single rescue and are up to the challenge to keeping their streak alive through the tougher paddocks. If you can do this, which is quite a challenge, then the Brachiosaurus is probably the better choice. When the game starts think about what strategy you're going to use and take the one that best suits your goal. if you want perfect paddocks maybe Brachiosaurus is better but if making it to visitor center is your only goal than I believe Gallimimus is the better choice. Over all I think Gallimimus performs better in any average game, so unless you're up for the challenge of perfect paddocks I think it's a good choice.

Final Result

Gallimimus is easier to take advantage of and will likely perform better on average games. Brachiosaurus has a much higher score potential, but is significantly harder to take advantage of, requiring long rescue streaks to really get going.

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys learned something like I did! Let me know if there's anything I should go back to add or you would like me to include in future posts. Next time I'll cover the optional spitter paddock and see if it's worth the trouble or makes little impact on scoring. Cheers y'all!!

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I have tried every deep socket set available, and none are deep enough to get down to it at that size! But if you have one…share the specs please. Ratchet wrench is the way to go.

This is the one I have maybe search for hollow driver? It’s not a new tool in fact it’s years old but the entire neck/stem is hollow up to the part where it inserts into the handle

48250857-91E1-4495-B7A0-41C1B5870FE1 (resized).jpeg48250857-91E1-4495-B7A0-41C1B5870FE1 (resized).jpeg542E1016-2D1C-4EDC-8D46-4FB6B707D717 (resized).jpeg542E1016-2D1C-4EDC-8D46-4FB6B707D717 (resized).jpeg
#13106 2 years ago

I find that sometimes a shot halfway up the right ramp seems to activate and coun't as a ramp shot even when it went no-where near the switch at the top. This only seems to happen for certain rewards? An extra ball is never given for a half ramp shot.
Yet looking at the game I can't see a sensor that could register a half ramp shot.
Am I crazy? what is going on?

#13107 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Alright, there was interest shown for some in depth analysis on the different paddock levels so here is post #1 where we will be comparing the tier 1 paddocks, the Gallimimus and the Brachiosaurus. I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.
Gallimimus (left side)
We will start with the first paddock option on the left side, the Gallimimus, whose perk awards you with double bounties for the rest of the game. This multiplier effects only the score received for capturing the dino, and does not effects the perks they reward, or other bonuses they may give such as the extra ball for capturing the T-Rex. Since this is a tier one paddock, you have the whole rest of the island to cash in double bounties, making it quite a powerful choice. Here is a closer analysis of scoring potential in different cases:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multiplier itself, not the total points you would have received by going through the paddocks.

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (capturing all possible dinos): 52.5 million
Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (staying to left side for quickest path and assuming you actually capture the dinos at the paddocks you visit): 30 million
More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos total): 12.5-17.5million (depending on if you get optional dinos. High end is if you stay left, skipping the optional dinos)

Based on the numbers here, the Gallimimus seems like a pretty desirable choice since you will be working through the paddocks anyway, and snagging those extra points. One thing I was curious about was if the bonus applied to the captures you can get during escape Nublar, so I tested it and the bonus does NOT apply to the capture scores during escape Nublar.
The Brachiosaurus is the first paddock on the right side of Isla Nublar and awards you with the perk of "+200k Rescue Streaks". To understand what this means you first need to understand how the scoring for rescue streaks works in the first place. The base rescue value is 500k and is always awarded when you rescue. For reach rescue after the first, an additional 400k is added to the value from the previous rescue. So a 5 rescue streak starting from scratch would have the following scoring:
500k for rescue one, 900k for rescue two (500k base value plus the 400k for being the second in a streak), 1.3mil for the third rescue (900k from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), then 1.7mil for rescue four (1.3mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), and 2.1 mil for rescue five (1.7mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak). This is a total of 6.5 million points.
This keeps growing for every rescue until you lose an employee to a dino. As you can see this compounds quickly. Now what the perk from the Brachiosaurus does is make it so that each rescue in the streak adds an additional 200k per rescue. This means that each rescue adds 600k to the value for each rescue in the streak instead of 400k. That makes a five rescue streak starting from scratch have the following scoring:
500k for rescue one, 1.1mil for rescue two (500k base value plus the 600k for being the second in a streak with Brachiosaurus), 1.7mil for the third rescue (1.1mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), then 2.3mil for rescue four (1.7mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), and 2.9 mil for rescue five (2.3mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus). This is a total of 8.5 million points, an additional 2 million over not having the Brachiosaurus perk.
This may seem underwhelming at first, but since this streak bonus keeps growing, and you cash it in with every rescue in the streak it can get to pretty high values much quicker than without this perk. Here are some scoring scenarios for this perk:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk itself. NOT the total scoring of the rescue streak itself (aka I'm not including the base value or the default 400k increments in the calculation)

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (getting a perfect paddock for all dinos including optional ones. AKA getting all rescues available in one streak): 265.2 million
Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (never getting a streak at all): 0 points. Ok so this one is pretty unrealistic but so is the maximum scoring scenario, and technically you can make it there by not having a rescue streak at all the whole way, in which you would not gain any bonus from having this perk.
More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 11 million
More generous higher end average game (capturing 5 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 34.2 million

As you can see by those numbers the Brachiosaurus perk can earn you tons of extra points over the course of a game, but you need to make sure you're keeping your streak up, otherwise it is a bit of a dud. Also, similarly to the Gallimimus perk, this has no effect on rescues collected during the escape Nublar wizard mode.
Conclusion
Clearly both of the tier 1 dino perks can be very strong since you will carry them with you through most of the game. Which one is better at the end of the day comes down to playstyle and skill. Based on the numbers here, if you are just trying to make a race for the visitors center, the Gallimimus will generall be the better one because it will double the bounties regardless of the number of rescues or if a streak was lost. The Brachiosaurus perk is for those who want to take the time to grab every single rescue and are up to the challenge to keeping their streak alive through the tougher paddocks. If you can do this, which is quite a challenge, then the Brachiosaurus is probably the better choice. When the game starts think about what strategy you're going to use and take the one that best suits your goal. if you want perfect paddocks maybe Brachiosaurus is better but if making it to visitor center is your only goal than I believe Gallimimus is the better choice. Over all I think Gallimimus performs better in any average game, so unless you're up for the challenge of perfect paddocks I think it's a good choice.
Final Result
Gallimimus is easier to take advantage of and will likely perform better on average games. Brachiosaurus has a much higher score potential, but is significantly harder to take advantage of, requiring long rescue streaks to really get going.

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys learned something like I did! Let me know if there's anything I should go back to add or you would like me to include in future posts. Next time I'll cover the optional spitter paddock and see if it's worth the trouble or makes little impact on scoring. Cheers y'all!!

Brilliant!!! Thanks for all your effort you've put in working it out and great write up

#13108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I find that sometimes a shot halfway up the right ramp seems to activate and coun't as a ramp shot even when it went no-where near the switch at the top. This only seems to happen for certain rewards? An extra ball is never given for a half ramp shot.
Yet looking at the game I can't see a sensor that could register a half ramp shot.
Am I crazy? what is going on?

Hey Rat - the switch at the top of the right ramp can be a bit sensitive, I've ever even had a ramp award given when I slammed the ball into one of the ramp entrance posts, and other people have posted similar experiences as well. Might be worth just checking / adjusting the switch

#13109 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Rat - the switch at the top of the right ramp can be a bit sensitive, I've ever even had a ramp award given when I slammed the ball into one of the ramp entrance posts, and other people have posted similar experiences as well. Might be worth just checking / adjusting the switch

I already checked the switch manually and the wire needs to be moved a fair bit to hear the micro switch click. I will do some testing in "switch test" mode and bang the playfield with my palm to see if the switch registers. Being a micro switch I didn't think it would be nearly as sensitive as a leaf switch with a tight gap.

That ramp is quite solid, I would not have thought that the ball going up the ramp would move it enough to activate the switch at the top. But I might be wrong.

#13110 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

If you had all of the paddocks done already, I'm fairly certain I would have kept on reading through it all. Great work, I look forward to your further analysis.

#13111 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had issues with the flipper bats not being able to stay tight?

I have replaced my flippers multiple times.

I put my LED flippers in and ended up having a bad batch, so I had to put my stock ones back in and I just got my replacement LED flippers. So I've basically installed bats 3 times on each flipper.

On my bottom right one, I thought I tightened it as tight as I possibly could, however in my first game it slowly started to sag.

I then opened it back up and tightened it as tight as possible with my longer hex tool since it gives a bit more leverage than the allen wrench I was using. I tightened it so much that the 13" tool was starting to twist quite a bit but not giving at all to tighten anymore. I didn't want to use this tool if I could avoid it because I believe that is how I stripped the stock screws due to the way that tool was flexing (if you remember my earlier posts - that is the only thing I can think of that caused it to strip).

I did not get a chance to test it out since then though, but I am just curious if anyone has ever ran into this issue before where you simply can't get a bat to stay in place when it's as tight as possible.

#13112 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I put my LED flippers in and ended up having a bad batch, so I had to put my stock ones back in and I just got my replacement LED flippers. So I've basically installed bats 3 times on each flipper.
On my bottom right one, I thought I tightened it as tight as I possibly could, however in my first game it slowly started to sag.
I then opened it back up and tightened it as tight as possible with my longer hex tool since it gives a bit more leverage than the allen wrench I was using. I tightened it so much that the 13" tool was starting to twist quite a bit but not giving at all to tighten anymore. I didn't want to use this tool if I could avoid it because I believe that is how I stripped the stock screws due to the way that tool was flexing (if you remember my earlier posts - that is the only thing I can think of that caused it to strip).
I did not get a chance to test it out since then though, but I am just curious if anyone has ever ran into this issue before where you simply can't get a bat to stay in place when it's as tight as possible.

Scuff the flipper bat shaft up with some sandpaper first. I've had this issue with a few games and that usually does the trick.

#13113 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Scuff the flipper bat shaft up with some sandpaper first. I've had this issue with a few games and that usually does the trick.

Okay cool thanks for that. If it loosens up again tonight after I play some games, I will give that a go.

Any specific grit to use? I don't think I have any sand paper right now, I will have to check, but am heading right past Home Depot this afternoon and can grab some sheets.

#13114 2 years ago

Shared this with a friend last night. Use this to achieve proper torque.

ebay.com link: itm

Remember to test it before playing. Push the flipper bat down or up as hard as you can. It shouldn’t move past it’s top point, or shouldn’t move past where it sits at rest.

#13115 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shared this with a friend last night. Use this to achieve proper torque.
ebay.com link: itm
Remember to test it before playing. Push the flipper bat down or up as hard as you can. It shouldn’t move past it’s top point, or shouldn’t move past where it sits at rest.

I have a ratcheting one already and with the leverage I had got it as tight as possible and it still was loose. So that is why I tried an allen wrench next and same thing.

Also, that kit doesn't even have the 5/32 hex bit which I thought is the one you want for the flipper tightening screws.

#13116 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have a ratcheting one already and with the leverage I had got it as tight as possible and it still was loose. So that is why I tried an allen wrench next and same thing.
Also, that kit doesn't even have the 5/32 hex bit which I thought is the one you want for the flipper tightening screws.

Yes it does. I have this exact kit. It’s the number 4 bit on there.

Hopefully roughing up the flipper bat shaft works for ya.

#13117 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes it does. I have this exact kit. It’s the number 4 bit on there.
Hopefully roughing up the flipper bat shaft works for ya.

I assumed that is a 4mm bit.

Looking at the conversion though, it appears it's close enough if it works and fits.

4mm = 0.15748 inch

5/32 inch = 0.15625 inch

I'd say if 4mm fits tighter that is even better. I have a 4mm bit too so maybe I'll give that a try.

#13118 2 years ago

Anyone have this issue? My top post is not flush and causing balls to bounce and sometimes even get stuck. See picture-post is not flush with the playfield

2A355410-51EA-44E1-A824-13D598DCC47A (resized).jpeg2A355410-51EA-44E1-A824-13D598DCC47A (resized).jpeg
#13119 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Anyone have this issue? My top post is not flush and causing balls to bounce and sometimes even get stuck. See picture-post is not flush with the playfield
[quoted image]

Easy adjustment from below the playfield. You can adjust the idle height as needed.

#13120 2 years ago

Well the flipper bat seems tight just played like 5 games and it's holding it's place.

And damn I feel like I have regressed. I was just bricking shots left and right and instantly going into the drain. Then I'd hit the left orbit from the upper flipper only to have it roll around fast, right down my late flipper press, into the left outlane with zero chance of being able to do anything.

This game can be frustrating as hell.

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

THIS GAME IS DESTROYING ME.
I am not a great pinball player, but I’m not terrible either. Please tell me this game is hard and it’s part of the learning curve.

It is hard. Will make you a better player though (on all machines).

#13122 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Easy adjustment from below the playfield. You can adjust the idle height as needed.

thank you! Problem fixed. you rock

#13123 2 years ago

Does that post in the back tend to drop over time on it's own and just need readjustment?

I noticed today that like all of my shots that were going back past there kept bouncing. I looked back there and thought maybe some debri or something was in there but nope. Then I remember seeing that post about it making a little divot when it was low and got me thinking maybe it's just bouncing off of that. I had never seen that happen until today though lol.

#13124 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:Does that post in the back tend to drop over time on it's own and just need readjustment?
I noticed today that like all of my shots that were going back past there kept bouncing. I looked back there and thought maybe some debri or something was in there but nope. Then I remember seeing that post about it making a little divot when it was low and got me thinking maybe it's just bouncing off of that. I had never seen that happen until today though lol.

Shouldn't drop over time. Should stay set where it is. Mine has stayed set and I don't recall in the forums ever seeing someone posting about their post position not holding.

#13125 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Okay cool thanks for that. If it loosens up again tonight after I play some games, I will give that a go.
Any specific grit to use? I don't think I have any sand paper right now, I will have to check, but am heading right past Home Depot this afternoon and can grab some sheets.

I have used 80 grit. Wrap around the shaft and turn the shaft back and forth.

#13126 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It is very possible to wear out the clamp to the point that getting the bolt tight will not allow the clamp to bite hard enough on the shaft. You can (and probably should) have a few right and left clamps on hand.

#13127 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It is very possible to wear out the clamp to the point that getting the bolt tight will not allow the clamp to bite hard enough on the shaft. You can (and probably should) have a few right and left clamps on hand.

Thanks.

Next time I place an order somewhere with parts I will look into getting a spare. After some games last night it looks like it's holding up fine this time.

#13128 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Ditto. This happens if someone had over tightened the clamp at some point, which then requires you to keep over tightening every time you diassemble and reassemble, which at some point can't be over tightened any furthar. Easy to see or maybe feel... If you lift the playfield and shine some light on it, take a look at the clamp and you will visually see is bent around where the post slides through it. Look at the picture and you should see the slot pointed by the arrow ever so slightly pulled inward. (They are using the spring tension of the metal itself to provide the resistance to the pressure from the screw). If that 'slot' is completely closed with the metal legs touching, you have likely overtightened the screw (#12) and permanently bent the metal legs, and the only fix is to replace it (very simple). And to confirm without a doubt it needs to be replaced, you should loosen the screw fully, then the clamp should look just as it does in the picture below, the slot and legs should be uniform and straight.
flip (resized).jpgflip (resized).jpg

#13129 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Inspired by your breakdown of Brachiosaurus, I captured that bastard on my way to a 35 rescue streak. From my mathing, I believe that 35th rescue would have been worth 20.3M by itself.

#13130 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Inspired by your breakdown of Brachiosaurus, I captured that bastard on my way to a 35 rescue streak. From my mathing, I believe that 35th rescue would have been worth 20.3M by itself.

Yea, the value can definitely get huge if you keep your streak alive. I had originally interpreted the Brachiosaurus perk incorrectly so I was surprised of it's power as well. I played a game going for perfect paddocks too with it and it definitely got really valuable. I used to avoid this perk but I will get it now if I'm feeling like going for the streaks!

#13131 2 years ago

Has anyone ever removed the moving T-Rex skin from the mechanism? Do you recall any gears, or just levers/cams? I've looked at the exploded view on IPDB and don't really see any gears. I removed the entire TRex assembly to diagnose a grinding noise, (which does kind of sound like slipping gears), but having a difficult time removing the skin. I disconnected the linkage from the moving assembly to the motor, and it appears the grinding noise may be coming from the motor shaft, but hard to pinpoint 100%. What's the procedure to remove the skin? Thanks!

#13132 2 years ago

Hi all .
Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to let folks know that we have the JP PowerBladez back in stock. I get a lot of request for these and the sell out quick. Just wanted to give a heads up.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jurassic-park-pinball-powerbladez

Thanks!
Joe

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 6.05.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-28 at 6.05.34 PM (resized).png
#13133 2 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all .
Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to let folks know that we have the JP PowerBladez back in stock. I get a lot of request for these and the sell out quick. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Thanks!
Joe[quoted image]

Those look awesome. Any videos or pics of them in a game? Would love to see how it looks.

#13134 2 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone ever removed the moving T-Rex skin from the mechanism? Do you recall any gears, or just levers/cams? I've looked at the exploded view on IPDB and don't really see any gears. I removed the entire TRex assembly to diagnose a grinding noise, (which does kind of sound like slipping gears), but having a difficult time removing the skin. I disconnected the linkage from the moving assembly to the motor, and it appears the grinding noise may be coming from the motor shaft, but hard to pinpoint 100%. What's the procedure to remove the skin? Thanks!

Brute force. After disconnecting and removing the assembly, you pull the head off. It's not the most comfortable thing but you won't break any of the opto sensors in the mouth. Honestly not sure what you will find in there causing the noise, but its been a while.

#13135 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Those look awesome. Any videos or pics of them in a game? Would love to see how it looks.

anyone paired these with PinStadiums..? looks like it would be too much...

#13136 2 years ago

Are most people rocking the movie clip code or going with the stock code? I have had the game for a while, but haven’t tried it, am I missing out?

#13137 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Are most people rocking the movie clip code or going with the stock code? I have had the game for a while, but haven’t tried it, am I missing out?

Definitely worth trying out and if it's not for you, you can easily switch back - or even have 2 SD cards one with each code version (just use a USB stick to save your settings and high scores when switching between the cards).

#13138 2 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Yeah, the grinding noise is coming from inside the hous(ing of the motor).

#13139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I already checked the switch manually and the wire needs to be moved a fair bit to hear the micro switch click. I will do some testing in "switch test" mode and bang the playfield with my palm to see if the switch registers. Being a micro switch I didn't think it would be nearly as sensitive as a leaf switch with a tight gap.
That ramp is quite solid, I would not have thought that the ball going up the ramp would move it enough to activate the switch at the top. But I might be wrong.

This happens to me occasionally too. I haven't been very successful with fixing it either.

#13140 2 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all .
Thanks!
Joe[quoted image]

Is there anyway to stop or turn off the t-Rex and dinos flashing? Love the lighting effect but not big on the dinosaur flashing.

#13141 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I have had the movie code since I purchased the game (8ths) Might have had a handful of plays before I put it on. I just switched to the stock sound and I’m enjoying it as I start to learn the rules more.

Like Manny65 said. I have 2SD cards and keep a thumb drive in the coin box. Just save the settings/scores and swap the cards.

#13142 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Gallimimus (left side)

Conclusion
Final Result

Awesome! Thanks for this!!

#13143 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’m a stock code guy. I think the movie code is a hot mess. ADD. Some great sounds and music in the movie code but it’s just too much for me.

Stock music and sounds are sooooo well done to me. And Nedry is the perfect touch. Have the other sd card in the coin door and try it occasionally and always come to the same conclusion.

#13144 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’m a stock code guy. I think the movie code is a hot mess. ADD. Some great sounds and music in the movie code but it’s just too much for me.
Stock music and sounds are sooooo well done to me. And Nedry is the perfect touch. Have the other sd card in the coin door and try it occasionally and always come to the same conclusion.

I have been playing movie code really from day 1. Like maybe 2 games with stock code. I love it. Just a little tired of seeing Grant rip his glasses off... LOL

#13145 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Agreed, I like the stock code as welI. I understand that many people want more movie clips but I actually really like the more generic dinosaur approach, I feel like it does a good job of immersing you in the world of Jurassic Park rather than re-living the movie.

#13146 2 years ago

plus one for stock code... movie code feels less arcadeee

#13147 2 years ago

I prefer the movie code. I would not go back to stock or even consider it. But to each his own.

#13148 2 years ago

Clean my JP and this fell as we lifted the playfield and tested the flippers. Any one knows where it goes?

20220129_141343 (resized).jpg20220129_141343 (resized).jpg20220129_141349 (resized).jpg20220129_141349 (resized).jpg
#13149 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Clean my JP and this fell as we lifted the playfield and tested the flippers. Any one knows where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like the washer that goes between the coil and coil stop on one of your flippers.

#13150 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like another coil stop casualty, grab some replacements from pinballlife, some of sterns are a little crap from the factory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/263?hl=grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.