(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 424.
#13051 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really enjoying this game now I finally have access to a Pro! What do people recommend as the best replacements for those signs up near the back board? I always seem to totally miss the fact they are lit.

I have the little rubber dots on mine that give them a 3D effect. Surprisingly it makes them a lot easier to see. Same dots everyone uses to keep balls from getting stuck. And the are cheap too.

#13052 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Wow that is EXACTLY how I am. I am either on or off. If I’m off like 4 games in a row I usually just cut it off immediately and walk away to cool down lol.
And on the flip side, if I’m on and have a great game, I need to take a break before starting my next game as well because the adrenaline is flowing.

Walking dead is another game that produces these same behaviors. Haha

#13053 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I have the little rubber dots on mine that give them a 3D effect. Surprisingly it makes them a lot easier to see. Same dots everyone uses to keep balls from getting stuck. And the are cheap too.

Lior makes a nice set

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-jurassic-park-hand-sculpted-lit-signs-set-of-five/

#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Walking dead is another game that produces these same behaviors. Haha

I played you once and did not like that game. Not a fan of the theme and I didn’t like the color scheme on it so that just turned me off immediately.

Was a huge WD fan too until about season 4 then stopped watching it.

#13056 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Wow that is awesome. Just not $250 awesome lol.

Check his Trex head....

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-jurassic-park-sculpted-t-rex-head-by-the-art-of-pinball/

And I have them both..... lol

#13057 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I played you once and did not like that game. Not a fan of the theme and I didn’t like the color scheme on it so that just turned me off immediately.

Shame. It might be the greatest game ever made.

#13058 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Couldn’t get rid of my TWDLE fast enough
Traded it for an original Lucy.

#13059 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed! TWD is a masterpiece! One of Lymans best for sure.

#13060 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

THIS GAME IS DESTROYING ME.
I am not a great pinball player, but I’m not terrible either. Please tell me this game is hard and it’s part of the learning curve.

This may very well just be me but when I'm in the process of learning a game I find it better to focus on single balls instead of an entire game. In doing so I always opt to play a four player game. I may even choose to have different agendas with each player (player 1 is only doing T-Rex, player 2 is CHAOS, etc.) and typically I'll end up with excellent practice shots without being angry about not hitting all of the shots. Once I feel like I'm doing well I try to give the game a go keeping in mind that I should have an idea of what each shot I'm taking is advancing me toward. When I play bad it's typically because I'm just flailing away without a real idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

It works for me at least--hopefully it can work for you too.

#13061 2 years ago

Yeah I've seen that too. Nope lol. If I do any T-Rex mod it would be the moving head one.

#13062 2 years ago

I'm thinking about making a series of posts here going super in depth on each of the tiers of paddocks and which one is better overall or better for certain playstyles. And for the middle path ones, whether they are worth going for and their scoring potential. Glass off testing and numbers will be used to determine. Would people be interested in something like this before I actually make the first one, Gallimimus vs Brachiosaurus (1st paddock)? haha

#13063 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Agreed! TWD is a masterpiece! One of Lymans best for sure.

Hate the theme but it is definitely a killer fun game. I used to occasionally drive an hour each way to play one.

#13064 2 years ago

I put down my deposit for a Premium last July and my distributor is telling me April of this year. Does that sound about right? Thanks.

#13065 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I put down my deposit for a Premium last July and my distributor is telling me April of this year. Does that sound about right? Thanks.

Possible yeah.

#13066 2 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations guys, might give those mezel fossil plates ago.

Added a plaque for the lockdown button, spino needs enlarging a little and will likely add Super Tranq or something on it so people know what it does.

91EA5C8A-AD4F-4F31-94B1-B2B2AD7569F2 (resized).jpeg91EA5C8A-AD4F-4F31-94B1-B2B2AD7569F2 (resized).jpeg

#13067 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I'm thinking about making a series of posts here going super in depth on each of the tiers of paddocks and which one is better overall or better for certain playstyles. And for the middle path ones, whether they are worth going for and their scoring potential. Glass off testing and numbers will be used to determine. Would people be interested in something like this before I actually make the first one, Gallimimus vs Brachiosaurus (1st paddock)? haha

Yes I would

#13068 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Wow that is awesome. Just not $250 awesome lol.

yeah... guy makes cool stuff, but he's outrageous on his pricing. no thanks.

#13069 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the recommendations guys, might give those mezel fossil plates ago.
Added a plaque for the lockdown button, spino needs enlarging a little and will likely add Super Tranq or something on it so people know what it does.
[quoted image]

Love the plaque where can one get it

#13070 2 years ago

Been loving my JP prem for a while now and have started to fine tune my strategy. Here are some things to keep in mind for some of the new guys...

1. Go for the extra balls; I always go for the rescue and T-rex extra balls.
2. Don't use the smart missile when not in a paddock, save it for a bit and you might get an easy capture.
3. Try to focus on relighting the escape, enter the pops from the gate up top, then hit the target to the left of the control room; this is commonly overlooked.

I'm still learning and would be happy to hear other strategies.

#13071 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Some nice lockdown bar stuff is showing up for JP these days. A few vendors make them now. Take a look at the Inscribed Solutions versions. They have a color and a b&w version for Jurassic. Laser cut on magnetic material. https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1969-inscribed-solutions

#13072 2 years ago

Just joined the club last week with an awesome premium that has all the Stern accessories. Such a fun pin.

I've added an Insider Connected kit and my kids and I are trying to grab the Perfect Paddock achievements. Sometimes we get a Perfect Paddock on the pin but aren't awarded the IC achievement - what am I missing? Do I need to complete all the rescues BEFORE I trap the dino?

#13073 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Just joined the club last week with an awesome premium that has all the Stern accessories. Such a fun pin.
I've added an Insider Connected kit and my kids and I are trying to grab the Perfect Paddock achievements. Sometimes we get a Perfect Paddock on the pin but aren't awarded the IC achievement - what am I missing? Do I need to complete all the rescues BEFORE I trap the dino?

You can only collect the achievements once (per account). If you get perfect paddock but had already collected that specific paddock achievement then you won't get it again. And no you don't need to collect the rescues before the capture but obviously if you lose 1 or more rescues then you can't get perfect paddock for that paddock at that time.

#13074 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

There are some known bugs with IC on games. Karl DeAngelo streamed last week and there seemed like a couple paddocks that he achieved a perfect paddock on but it didn't register as an IC achievement.

I know on AIQ its a total mess with IC. None of the Dr. Strange disk awards work, there are no achievements for BOM or battle thanos as of right now. Hoping to see some code updates soon that address this.

#13076 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Been loving my JP prem for a while now and have started to fine tune my strategy. Here are some things to keep in mind for some of the new guys...
1. Go for the extra balls; I always go for the rescue and T-rex extra balls.
2. Don't use the smart missile when not in a paddock, save it for a bit and you might get an easy capture.
3. Try to focus on relighting the escape, enter the pops from the gate up top, then hit the target to the left of the control room; this is commonly overlooked.
I'm still learning and would be happy to hear other strategies.

I use the same strategy plus always going for the DNA combo extra ball.

My other key strategy is stacking modes and paddocks with multiballs. I avoid hitting the truck for TREX multiball until I'm in a paddock and preferably a more difficult paddock than the first one. TREX is the only main multiball that doesn't allow you to start a paddock after you start the multiball.

Before starting CHAOS and raptor multiball I try to start a TREX mode or a Control Room mode and I try to get a multiball ready before starting the TREX paddock.

#13077 2 years ago

So we can make this cool thing, yet humanity cannot reproduce the whitewater topper? Come on

#13078 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You can only collect the achievements once (per account). If you get perfect paddock but had already collected that specific paddock achievement then you won't get it again. And no you don't need to collect the rescues before the capture but obviously if you lose 1 or more rescues then you can't get perfect paddock for that paddock at that time.

It's not this.. my son and I both Perfected Gallimimus and we have the IC achievement to prove it in our achievement lists. We've both perfected brachi on the game a couple times (it tells us we did on screen after we do it) and neither of us have IC achievement in our list.

Quoted from CashMoney:

There are some known bugs with IC on games. Karl DeAngelo streamed last week and there seemed like a couple paddocks that he achieved a perfect paddock on but it didn't register as an IC achievement.
I know on AIQ its a total mess with IC. None of the Dr. Strange disk awards work, there are no achievements for BOM or battle thanos as of right now. Hoping to see some code updates soon that address this.

That's got to be it!! Thanks for letting me know about this - otherwise we would have tried a bunch of different things trying to figure out why Brachi Perfect wasn't awarding us the IC achievement. Man, did you just save us a bunch of time and frustration. It's the price us early adopters must pay...

#13079 2 years ago

OH JEEZ..... thanks.... right when I was going to order the blue Retro blades....

#13080 2 years ago

Anyone else notice that sometimes after you make your first skill shot on the left ramp and you have smart missile qualified, it will stop the ball to load up for smart missile preventing you from getting your second skill shot?? This has to be a bug right?

#13081 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone else notice that sometimes after you make your first skill shot on the left ramp and you have smart missile qualified, it will stop the ball to load up for smart missile preventing you from getting your second skill shot?? This has to be a bug right?

Yes it was noticed early on but has never been fixed in the various releases that have come out

#13082 2 years ago

Ball save timer question. Is there a setting where I can be granted the full ball save time even if my ball drains during the save time? Say I hit 3 skill shots, and my ball drains quickly, I lose the ball save timer (its a one and done thing). I think that is kind of lame.

#13083 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Ball save timer question. Is there a setting where I can be granted the full ball save time even if my ball drains during the save time? Say I hit 3 skill shots, and my ball drains quickly, I lose the ball save timer (its a one and done thing). I think that is kind of lame.

I think only Dwight games have the perpetual ball save that will keep giving the ball back for a certain period of time.

But you can try the target game time setting. What that does it it will guarantee your game lasts a certain amount of time by adding ball saves as needed to extend the game time.

#13084 2 years ago

Bowen just posted a JP3 tutorial, enjoy!

#13085 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I am not a fan of horror AT ALL, and Walking Dead became one of my favorite pins once I finally tried it. Adding a ColorDMD helps, but once you're into the pin, the ugliness of the playfield and toys don't really even matter. It can be brutally hard, but when you have a game where you click with it, the game is a rush.

#13086 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

There is a newish adjustment called "Target_Game_Time" that might sort of do the trick. In essence, it allows you to set a pre-determined guaranteed game length between 1:30 and 3:00.
Ball 1: multi-use ball save based on the length of the ball_save_time adjustment.
Ball 2: multi-use ball save that is 25% of Target_game_time minus the current length of the game.
Ball 3+: multi-use ball save that is 50% of Target_game_time minus the current length of the game.

So if you set it to 2 minutes, and play ball 1 for a 1:00, ball 2 will have a 25 second ball save (25% of the remaining 1:00), and if you played for a total of 1:30 after ball 2, your ball 3 ball saver would be 15 seconds.

I think that's how it works, I hope it makes sense. But for your purposes, I believe if you reach the target_game_time on ball 1, your remaining balls would STILL have the multi-use ball saver based on the "ball_save_time" adjustment.

I'm not quite sure how a ball 1 extra ball would work (like would it count as ball 2 for this purpose, or still act like ball 1, I kind of think it would act like whatever the ball count on the screen says), but I suppose it's unlikely you earn an extra ball without reaching the target_game_time.

#13087 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I designed it and had a friend make it, going to make some tweaks too it, like making the spino on the right larger and adding button use so likely add super tranq or Tranquiliser somewhere - might remove the king of the island and put it there.

#13088 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I designed it and had a friend make it, going to make some tweaks too it, like making the spino on the right larger and adding button use so likely add super tranq or Tranquiliser somewhere - might remove the king of the island and put it there.

Please DM when design is finalized I'd love one . Thanks.

#13089 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Please DM when design is finalized I'd love one . Thanks.

Will do mate. Just going to see what text looks best, spino looks better bigger and was undersized by mistake so that will change, just going to play with the text as I think having the buttons use is handy especially for non pin heads or first timers playing.

#13090 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Bowen just posted a JP3 tutorial, enjoy!

Just watched this whole thing and holy moly it's amazing how easy people can make this game look.

#13091 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to move their outlane posts on JP? I can get the nut off from under the playfield but cant get the post out at all. Any tips or videos? Thanks

#13092 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone been able to move their outlane posts on JP? I can get the nut off from under the playfield but cant get the post out at all. Any tips or videos? Thanks

‘Unscrew’ it from the playfield.

Remove the nut from under the playfield and turn the post with a wrench. The post is in a very tight hole and while it technically isn’t screwed into the PF, the threads will bite into the wood such that it needs to be unscrewed.

#13093 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just watched this whole thing and holy moly it's amazing how easy people can make this game look.

Eh, Bowen’s okay

#13094 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

‘Unscrew’ it from the playfield.
Remove the nut from under the playfield and turn the post with a wrench. The post is in a very tight hole and while it technically isn’t screwed into the PF, the threads will bite into the wood such that it needs to be unscrewed.

I must be too puny lol

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I must be too puny lol

Give it a try - you’ll see what I mean.

#13096 2 years ago

The left post outlane post was a piece of cake to adjust but the right one was holy shit a pain in the ass to adjust lol.

Thankfully when I went to HD to get a 1/4" wrench this is all they had and the ratcheting part is what helped me actually be able to get it off.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-12-Point-SAE-Ratcheting-Combination-Wrench-HRW14/204757660

I don't remember if I had to remove any plastic or not but at the most I removed the plastic covering it or at least loosened it. I definitely did not take the wireform off though.

And after taking the rubber off and getting the ratcheting part around the nut, after about 894329403284032842390439024832 teeny tiny turns because you have no clearance to turn it, it finally came off.

Getting it tightened in the closest spot was easier because you have a bit more clearance but I still had to turn it about 8904382904893240823 times to tighten it.

#13097 2 years ago

That is many many turns! I'll have to give it another go, I think I have a Titan Pinwrench somewhere, maybe that will be the right size

#13098 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Use a deep (hollow) socket, those just go on from the top and swallow the entire post inside the socket shaft makes them a piece of cake!

#13099 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

That is many many turns! I'll have to give it another go, I think I have a Titan Pinwrench somewhere, maybe that will be the right size

I have one of those too but bud it after the fact. Using that would have been a nightmare having to take it off and re set it after every turn.

#13100 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Use a deep (hollow) socket, those just go on from the top and swallow the entire post inside the socket shaft makes them a piece of cake!

I have tried every deep socket set available, and none are deep enough to get down to it at that size! But if you have one…share the specs please. Ratchet wrench is the way to go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/262?hl=grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.