(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 427.
#12951 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Make sure all those nails are all the way down too. TBH it's kinda a cheap mod I wish there was a metal version & I hate the Helicopter toy lol

Yeah I had to push the nails down already I think having done that has made the hole larger and they aren't as snug now.

Would be better if there was some adhesive to keep them all the way down all the time. Like if they had larger heads and you could put something to make them stick to the plastic.

I was surprised how cheap it felt as well for costing $36.

But ... I do like the effect when it works lol.

#12952 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thank you! I found the switch 66, and while it's registering on button push, there's no blade on the switch (and none to be found around the cabinet. I'm assuming this is my issue and will work on replacing that switch. I appreciate the assist!
Edit - found the blade. Clean break at the base of the blade, hiding in some wires. New one ordered - now to figure out how I'll get back there to replace it

Glad you are on the right track now. That assembly on the back is held on by 4 nuts. I'd take them off which will let you swing the assembly up (it's still tethered to the dino head) and remove the arm to the dino head, then you can work on it and put it back when you have the switch replaced.

#12953 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah I had to push the nails down already I think having done that has made the hole larger and they aren't as snug now.
Would be better if there was some adhesive to keep them all the way down all the time. Like if they had larger heads and you could put something to make them stick to the plastic.
I was surprised how cheap it felt as well for costing $36.
But ... I do like the effect when it works lol.

Ya they act like a counter weight I feel if it's not balanced well it doesn't spin wouldn't hurt to take it out & put a dab of ca glue on nail heads let it dry over night & see if it spins better.

#12954 2 years ago

Any recommendations for super thin post sleeves so I can hit those ramps like a champ

#12955 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad you are on the right track now. That assembly on the back is held on by 4 nuts. I'd take them off which will let you swing the assembly up (it's still tethered to the dino head) and remove the arm to the dino head, then you can work on it and put it back when you have the switch replaced.

Thanks! Got the culprit removed and a new one on order. I was actually just able to reach it from beneath the rear divider with the playfield propped up. Luckily it was the switch towards the bottom and accessible with a small 3-16” wrench. Now to wait for the replacement and hope re-assembly and re-solder goes as smoothly.

79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg
#12956 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thanks! Got the culprit removed and a new one on order. I was actually just able to reach it from beneath the rear divider with the playfield propped up. Luckily it was the switch towards the bottom and accessible with a small 3-16” wrench. Now to wait for the replacement and hope re-assembly and re-solder goes as smoothly. [quoted image]

Hope you ordered some spares. It's not an uncommon switch, and nice to have on hand when one fails.

#12957 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hope you ordered some spares. It's not an uncommon switch, and nice to have on hand when one fails.

Definitely. But my new Godzilla Prem arrives tomorrow so I’ll be focusing on it in the meantime

#12959 2 years ago
Protectors IMO cause drag; not a fan!! Just lightly wax game every 300 - 500 plays.

#12960 2 years ago

While on the subject of protecting, are there any specific substances used to get rid of ball trails?

I only have Novus 1 (as far as the Novus line goes) and when I had my glass off I wiped the area of my inlanes to the flippers where they are most noticeable, and it did help get rid of some of it but you can still see it.

Is there anyway to completely get rid of them or is this just something that is part of owning a pin? It doesn't bother me really at all but figure if I can get rid of em to make it look cleaner, why not do that.

#12961 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

While on the subject of protecting, are there any specific substances used to get rid of ball trails?
I only have Novus 1 (as far as the Novus line goes) and when I had my glass off I wiped the area of my inlanes to the flippers where they are most noticeable, and it did help get rid of some of it but you can still see it.
Is there anyway to completely get rid of them or is this just something that is part of owning a pin? It doesn't bother me really at all but figure if I can get rid of em to make it look cleaner, why not do that.

Novus 1 should take it off. If not you can use a small amount of novus 2. If you're getting that much ball trail I suggest cleaning more often, swapping your balls more often, and making sure you have some wax down after you clean. If you replace the stern black rubber with titan silicon that helps too.

#12962 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I use Wizards Mist N Shine, and Novus 1 for cleaning in general. For ball trails one thing I've found works pretty well for the stubborn areas is just rubbing the spot hard with a bare finger.

#12963 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Novus 1 should take it off. If not you can use a small amount of novus 2. If you're getting that much ball trail I suggest cleaning more often, swapping your balls more often, and making sure you have some wax down after you clean. If you replace the stern black rubber with titan silicon that helps too.

I just installed titans like 2 weeks ago or so. I think I had like 400 plays or so prior to installing them. I have waxed once before and I put Ninja balls in probably around like 200 plays or a bit after.

I'll try rubbing it with my finger too.

#12964 2 years ago

Has anyone found 3d Flipper Toppers that aren’t caution themed? A guy use to sell some on here that weren’t caution themed but doesn’t seem to produce them anymore. Thanks in advance!

#12965 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

If you replace the stern black rubber with titan silicon that helps too.

This 100%. The black rubber Stern uses is filthy junk. It may seem fine for a while, but it breaks down quickly and leaves black smudges on the balls, which in time, gets everywhere else.

#12966 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This 100%. The black rubber Stern uses is filthy junk. It may seem fine for a while, but it breaks down quickly and leaves black smudges on the balls, which in time, gets everywhere else.

What do you guys like for flipper rubber? Titan seems a bit too gummy-bear and bouncy for me.

#12967 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What do you guys like for flipper rubber? Titan seems a bit too gummy-bear and bouncy for me.

I just use stock red or black flipper rubber. Similar to you, I tried Titans low bounce on my AIQ and felt the same way about it so I switched right back. The stock rubber does mean you should clean the playfield more often, but it's not that big a deal to do.

#12968 2 years ago

I personally can’t tell a difference between low bounce Titans and the stock. Granted this is my first pin so I’m not very knowledgeable. Bit my scores have consistently been getting a bit better even after I switched to Titans

#12969 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just use stock red or black flipper rubber. Similar to you, I tried Titans low bounce on my AIQ and felt the same way about it so I switched right back. The stock rubber does mean you should clean the playfield more often, but it's not that big a deal to do.

Just use stock rubber. Turn it a little once in a while and it will last really long. Plays best imo.

#12970 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Marco white is the bounciest, best quality out there, in my experience.

If they're just on the surface and not grooves in the clear, ball trails can be removed with a damp magic eraser. Rub lightly, then clean the area and wax to prevent it from getting bad enough to need a magic eraser again.

#12971 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I personally can’t tell a difference between low bounce Titans and the stock. Granted this is my first pin so I’m not very knowledgeable. Bit my scores have consistently been getting a bit better even after I switched to Titans

Oh I haven’t tried the low bounce yet, I’ll try some next order

#12972 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Yeah I got them based off of recommendations in here and I couldn’t tell you the difference lol. I honestly mainly wanted new rubbers for the colors.

#12973 2 years ago

Can someone explain Raptor Multiball to me for a sec?

I am reading the directions here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--raptormb

And when I get to raptor multiball, I see the 2 ramps with the red arrows.

After I hit those though, I don't see any arrows light up as to what to do next. According to that link, it says the chaos letters light up however I don't see that happening on mine. I did notice though that after I hit the left ramp it said that I got a jackpot. So do the CHAOS arrows just not turn red? Or maybe do the chaos letters just start to blink or something? I didn't think to look for them blinking so that may have happened, but I was expecting red arrows since the other multiballs have a bunch of red arrows blinking.

#12974 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

After I hit those though, I don't see any arrows light up as to what to do next. According to that link, it says the chaos letters light up however I don't see that happening on mine. I did notice though that after I hit the left ramp it said that I got a jackpot. So do the CHAOS arrows just not turn red? Or maybe do the chaos letters just start to blink or something? I didn't think to look for them blinking so that may have happened, but I was expecting red arrows since the other multiballs have a bunch of red arrows blinking.

Just hit the chaos shots to collect jackpots. I don’t think order matters but maybe it does like in T. rex multiball. I don’t think they light special for the mode.

#12975 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

After shooting the 2 arrows (left and right ramps), all the CHAOS letters will start flashing. Shoot all the CHAOS letters (does not need to be in any order) to advance to the next level of Raptor MB - as you shoot each letter it will stop flashing. General rule for any game, if ever unsure what to go for ... go for the flashing light

#12976 2 years ago

Okay thanks I'll see if the CHAOS lights are blinking next time which they probably are. I was just looking for the next red set of arrows like with T-Rex multiball and the chaos shots.

#12977 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I've been using Titans. However, if you want lower bounce, give Superbands a try.

#12978 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Okay thanks I'll see if the CHAOS lights are blinking next time which they probably are. I was just looking for the next red set of arrows like with T-Rex multiball and the chaos shots.

I don’t think they blink - just lit. Best rule of any game, know (read) the rules.

#12979 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So do the CHAOS arrows just not turn red? Or maybe do the chaos letters just start to blink or something? I didn't think to look for them blinking so that may have happened, but I was expecting red arrows…

The circle letter inserts will be flashing - not arrows. The round letter insert goes dark when you make the shot.

#12980 2 years ago
Quoted from AtkaDuck:

Has anyone found 3d Flipper Toppers that aren’t caution themed? A guy use to sell some on here that weren’t caution themed but doesn’t seem to produce them anymore. Thanks in advance!

https://wizardmod.com/products/jurassic-park-stern-pinball-wizbats
Not 3D but cool IMO

#12982 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

More like congo

You’re right. I think it matches this too

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12983 2 years ago

Got Jurassic Park home! I get what people are saying about the flow on this game being excellent, but the rule set it making my head spin!

It feels like when you get a new game the first phase is mastering the shots and the second is learning the rules. Gonna need to put some hours into this to truly get it.

8D658887-BB6A-487F-8CA2-22DC8F2AEAFB (resized).jpeg8D658887-BB6A-487F-8CA2-22DC8F2AEAFB (resized).jpeg
#12984 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Got Jurassic Park home! I get what people are saying about the flow on this game being excellent, but the rule set it making my head spin!
It feels like when you get a new game the first phase is mastering the shots and the second is learning the rules. Gonna need to put some hours into this to truly get it.
[quoted image]

Nice. Curious to see 1) when you get to your first visitors center and 2) neutral assessment against GZ. I’ve played GZ pro a handful of times and I’m having a hard time with the hype and being “by far” Elwin’s best game. Great yes. Better than JP? Not convinced.

You need to get to work on your STTNG and kick out the default officers club high score!

#12985 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Low bounce is 1mm thinner in width, so if we’re counting, that middle drain is 2mm wider! I like the low bounce feel, but have gone back to titan standards, especially on this game, no need to make it more difficult!

#12986 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Nice. Curious to see 1) when you get to your first visitors center and 2) neutral assessment against GZ. I’ve played GZ pro a handful of times and I’m having a hard time with the hype and being “by far” Elwin’s best game. Great yes. Better than JP? Not convinced.
You need to get to work on your STTNG and kick out the default officers club high score!

When I replaced the motherboard last month I lost all my high scores. It killed me!

#12987 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

When I replaced the motherboard last month I lost all my high scores. It killed me!

At least you can still comment, even after dying!

#12988 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Put them up again. They were only luck if you can’t duplicate them again !

#12989 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

If you have Buy-In turned off in the settings then your high scores will never go into the Officers Club (actually the Officers Club is only used for games with more than 1 buy-in). In the home environment I don't see the point of doing buy-ins, as I'd prefer to compare my high scores knowing they are all off a 3 ball game.

Now back to JP

#12990 2 years ago

Thanks, I’ve come across these before and they’re not bad. Kinda surprised there’s not some cool 3d ones at this point. Might be the best it gets.

#12991 2 years ago
Quoted from AtkaDuck:

Thanks, I’ve come across these before and they’re not bad. Kinda surprised there’s not some cool 3d ones at this point. Might be the best it gets.

The issue with 3D printing these is the fine detail, and definitely not doable to my satisfaction with a 0.4mm nozzle. Maybe if I had a 0.2mm nozzle I could get enough detail to be happy with such intricate shapes, but maybe not.

#12992 2 years ago

Anyone have any pointers on how to progress your skills at this game? I feel like i am not getting any better and I will have a good game every now and then, but like breaking 300 million isn’t even something I do regularly.

I feel like I get so many damn BS outlane drains. Like the right ramp is tough for me to hit and sometimes when I miss it, it hits the post and goes directly to the left outlane so fast there is no shot at nudging

I can get the left ramp pretty regularly but that’s the only one I’m really confident in.

I’ll also be the first to admit my nudging skills suck. I am having trouble getting better at it. I’ve also watched all of ABE_FLIPS videos, multiple times on all of his skills, and I just feel like I’m not getting better at them. He makes them all look so easy. Then I watched his more recent JP stream and everything about it just looks so easy lol.

Oh and then you have multiball. It’s a huge cluster f for me. I’m having trouble trying to get better at that too.

So basically I’m looking for every and all pointers you can give someone who’s first pin is JP.

#12993 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

when I miss it, it hits the post and goes directly to the left outlane so fast there is no shot at nudging

Stop missing it. . Or miss it different. Make sure you shoot earlier so that misses miss left instead of right.

Takes 10,000 hours to be an expert at something. Just play a ton. You’ll get better. Take the tilt bob out until you get all the nudging skills perfected.

My first NIB was GOT. I probably put over 8k plays on that before it sold it. Maybe more. All me. Took me every play of that count to feel like I’m an expert at the game.

#12994 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stop missing it. . Or miss it different. Make sure you shoot earlier so that misses miss left instead of right.
Takes 10,000 hours to be an expert at something. Just play a ton. You’ll get better. Take the tilt bob out until you get all the nudging skills perfected.
My first NIB was GOT. I probably put over 8k plays on that before it sold it. Maybe more. All me. Took me every play of that count to feel like I’m an expert at the game.

Well if I’m going for the right orbit and miss that early, it will nail that post lol.

I feel like I just don’t know how to nudge properly too. Like the way my pin shakes when I nudge it is not the same as when I watch videos. I wonder if it’s because it’s on carpet sliders and it just gives a bit versus being on the ground and the legs having some flex to them.

But then I know I’m not the only one on sliders and I don’t hear others having issues.

#12995 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Well if I’m going for the right orbit and miss that early, it will nail that post lol.

If going for that, try and shoot it later. So your misses hit the upper flipper or upper flipper post. Those feeds aren’t as deadly.

Not sure if Abe covers this, but remember when you nudge you’re moving the playfield under the ball. Helps understand and predict movement better when you realize this. Outside of big slide saves, working on carpet should allow all the nudges in the book.

#12996 2 years ago

When you look at the outlanes, there is a small post that has, I believe, three different options to move it. First thing you can do is loosen the nut underneath the playfield at that post, and move the post to the lowest hole. That closes the outlane a bit and allows the ball to potentially bounce out of there as opposed to run down the outlane easier. Those holes are pretty tight, by the way, and it's a little bit of a pain to move them, but you can do it..

Another thing is making sure your flippers are positioned appropriately. When you look at the tips of the lower flippers you will see small holes/imprints in the playfield. If you look at the top flat part of the flipper and were to draw an imaginary line, it should match out with that hole /imprint. Some people call this "slightly droopy flippers" but that is how this game was designed to have them. Now, that said, some people like to have the flippers dead square to those holes/imprints, but that is there personal preference/decision. The positioning of these flippers like this (as above, slightly droopy) enhances your ability to get those far lateral shots (like control center and helipad) a bit easier, and you will find that gameplay becomes surprisingly much more fluid when the flippers are positioned like this.

It is relatively widely agreed that for whatever reason, that right ramp is just difficult to dial in.
Sometimes you hit it so smoothly, especially when you're not actually needing that ramp for some goal. But when you're aiming for it purposefully, it can be oddly challenging. So don't think that that is a individual problem you're having, haha.

I think you will find that at first, just trying to focus on progressing through paddocks you will find yourself going for the shots that you need and eventually becoming more familiar with how to shoot across the playfield. Once you feel as though you're progressing well through the paddocks, then you can start to get creative with strategy on some of the other side modes and multiballs, etc.

As chuckwurt above mentions, try loosening up your tilt bob (or as he also suggests, just take the thing out for a period of time). Bumping and nudging this game, and most games in general, will keep that ball alive. You have to get just a little bit aggressive with the games if you really want to keep that ball alive and keep playing. This is a known thing that you need to kind of learn and get used to. Sometimes, on a really long game, you actually might get physically tired from all the bumping and nudging, but you will notice that as your ability to bump and nudge lessens, so will your length of ball time...

It's such a great game. As an above post asked about...I have GDZ and love it, there's no doubt about it...but JP is still the king in my book.

#12997 2 years ago

I agree with concentrating on paddocks. That will force you to get good at all shots. Make the goal perfect paddocks the whole way.

#12998 2 years ago

I recently have been trying to progress through the paddock and I’m also trying to keep the jeep one direction since it makes traversing shorter. So far I’ve only made it 3 when doing that. And most of the time I don’t keep it the same direction the whole time lol.

And I have already moved both posts on the outlines. The right side one was a BITCH to adjust but I have some that.

It’s interesting about the flipper positions though. I have had to reinstall my stock ones due to some issues with my LED ones and I’m currently waiting for my replacement LED ones. But I didn’t dial in my stock ones in the interim and maybe that’s part of it.

I thought I read the bottom ones yu want the dot lined up with the middle of the flipper but the upper one you wanted droopy. I have my upper one droopy but should the bottom ones also be that way? Also, it’s kind of hard to eyeball the correct lining up of the dot because depending the angle you are looking at it can really change how your alignment looks.

I am wondering if when nudging I am not being aggressive enough or something. I actually feel my slide saves and stuff are good, it’s when the ball is in the danger zone that I don’t feel I know wtf I’m doing when nudging.

#12999 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have any pointers on how to progress your skills at this game? I feel like i am not getting any better and I will have a good game every now and then, but like breaking 300 million isn’t even something I do regularly.
I feel like I get so many damn BS outlane drains. Like the right ramp is tough for me to hit and sometimes when I miss it, it hits the post and goes directly to the left outlane so fast there is no shot at nudging
I can get the left ramp pretty regularly but that’s the only one I’m really confident in.
I’ll also be the first to admit my nudging skills suck. I am having trouble getting better at it. I’ve also watched all of ABE_FLIPS videos, multiple times on all of his skills, and I just feel like I’m not getting better at them. He makes them all look so easy. Then I watched his more recent JP stream and everything about it just looks so easy lol.
Oh and then you have multiball. It’s a huge cluster f for me. I’m having trouble trying to get better at that too.
So basically I’m looking for every and all pointers you can give someone who’s first pin is JP.

If you want to improve your nudging skills play some early 80’s Bally’s !

#13000 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I recently have been trying to progress through the paddock and I’m also trying to keep the jeep one direction since it makes traversing shorter. So far I’ve only made it 3 when doing that. And most of the time I don’t keep it the same direction the whole time lol.

Don’t try and make your trips faster. Make them longer to force yourself to get better at all the shots. Perfect paddocks or bust. Do this for say 1k plays and report back.

Don’t over think it. Just takes lots of practice. Really no other way to get better other than some research and tons and tons of games played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/260?hl=briannawu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.