(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 426.
#1201 4 years ago

Does the plunger spring feel to weak to anyone else? It doesn't make it up the ramp half of the time.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Does the plunger spring feel to weak to anyone else? It doesn't make it up the ramp half of the time.

Go back and read the last few pages and your question will be answered.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Put an orange spring in it. Problem solved. The manual says Orange, my game had a green....lol.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Put an orange spring in it. Problem solved. The manual says Orange, my game had a green....lol.

Maybe they thought it was supposed to be green like a dinasour

#1205 4 years ago

I have a premium on order. Does the game come with a printed manual?

#1206 4 years ago

Thanks. I will get one order.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I have a premium on order. Does the game come with a printed manual?

Yes, it does

#1208 4 years ago

I've been toying with the idea of buying a nib pro... should I wait for one to pop up used or just do it?

#1209 4 years ago

OK what am I missing here.

Watching one of the recent game streams on YouTube and during T-Rex multiball I am noticing they are trapping up with one ball on the lower right flipper, and somehow are able to control the upper right flipper independently to hit the left orbit and tower shots without budging the lower right flipper which is remaining stationary and cradling a ball. In my experience playing on location if I had a ball cradled on the lower right flipper and tried to even momentarily swat at the other ball with the upper flipper my cradled ball flipper would knock that second ball back into play. Is there a secret I don’t know about? Fairly new to pinball so trying to learn some strategy and technique as I go.

It’s at the 2:31:40 mark of this video...

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

OK what am I missing here.
Watching one of the recent game streams on YouTube and during T-Rex multiball I am noticing they are trapping up with one ball on the lower right flipper, and somehow are able to control the upper right flipper independently to hit the left orbit and tower shots without budging the lower right flipper which is remaining stationary and cradling a ball. In my experience playing on location if I had a ball cradled on the lower right flipper and tried to even momentarily swat at the other ball with the upper flipper my cradled ball flipper would knock that second ball back into play. Is there a secret I don’t know about? Fairly new to pinball so trying to learn some strategy and technique as I go.
It’s at the 2:31:40 mark of this video...

It's called stage flipping, most games with an upper flipper use two switches at the button in order to have the first switch activate the lower flipper and the next for the upper flipper. Next time you're around a machine with an upper flipper try to slowly press the flipper button and see how it reacts. On a ~half press the lower flipper should actuate, pressing a little more should actuate the upper.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It's called stage flipping, most games with an upper flipper use two switches at the button in order to have the first switch activate the lower flipper and the next for the upper flipper. Next time you're around a machine with an upper flipper try to slowly press the flipper button and see how it reacts. On a ~half press the lower flipper should actuate, pressing a little more should actuate the upper.

Thanks for the education,

So just to make sure I am following, in a multiball situation on a game with an upper flipper, if I find myself in a situation where I cradle up on the same side as an upper flipper, I should be cradling with a half-pressure flipper button press, and then “stage flip” the upper flipper by depressing the rest of the way down and then returning to the half-pressure cradle? That is pretty sweet if that is the case. Thanks again!!

#1212 4 years ago

So just to make sure I am following,

You got it!

#1213 4 years ago

Thanks for the education,
So just to make sure I am following, in a multiball situation on a game with an upper flipper, if I find myself in a situation where I cradle up on the same side as an upper flipper, I should be cradling with a half-pressure flipper button press, and then “stage flip” the upper flipper by depressing the rest of the way down and then returning to the half-pressure cradle? That is pretty sweet if that is the case. Thanks again!!

And if you are like me, you will successfully do it 1 or 2 times, feel great about yourself...and then fail utterly and dribble drain everything all at once.

#1214 4 years ago

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.

Listening to Elwin the other day on h2h what stood out to me was he said (paraphrasing) that the paddocks weren't even what you go for.. its the kind of stuff that just kind of happens as you go.

I've been playing paddocks almost exclusively... with Chaos coming as the shots are available vs timing of what was happening in the paddock at the moment (like trying to get that final capture, etc).

For me right now, 300-400m is pretty common... but my high is about 650. Getting over 350+ is uncommon.

The raptor pit I didn't see great reward on...
I find it hard to get a good spin on the truck, making t-rex modes a little harder.. and haven't seen huge points there
So far it seems chaos+good jackpots is the biggest boost.

What are the other ways people are chasing points?

#1215 4 years ago

Damn I can’t wait to go home and try this stage flip. First I’ve heard of this. Actually learned something today!

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.
Listening to Elwin the other day on h2h what stood out to me was he said (paraphrasing) that the paddocks weren't even what you go for.. its the kind of stuff that just kind of happens as you go.
I've been playing paddocks almost exclusively... with Chaos coming as the shots are available vs timing of what was happening in the paddock at the moment (like trying to get that final capture, etc).
For me right now, 300-400m is pretty common... but my high is about 650. Getting over 350+ is uncommon.
I find it hard to get a good spin on the truck, making t-rex modes a little harder.. and haven't seen huge points there

I'm always trying to stack a paddock mode with t-rex or control room mode whenever possible and occasionally bring in chaos as well. Also double scoring combined with a mode stack and chaos seems to really blow it up if played well. The t-rex modes other than the multiball one seem to be pretty valuable to me. The paddocks themselves I don't think are worth a ton of points but their perks I think really help your score grow.

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My best game is only around ~800,000,000 but by far the biggest scoring came from stacking one of the T-Rex modes (the one where you hit a shot and then shift gears) with a CHAOS multiball and just hitting shots and moving the jackpots with the truck.

Paddocks don't really seem to score much but the perks are nice if you can get deep into them. The Control Room modes seem pretty lucrative also so I always try to get one of them going when available.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Set up a mode with the chaos multi ready in the wings and work that spinner at max with 2 or 3x PF value and Bobs ur Uncle. Uncle Bob.

UncleBob (resized).jpgUncleBob (resized).jpg
#1219 4 years ago

Just got the call. Powder coat is done and ready for pickup!!! I'll post pics later this evening

#1220 4 years ago

T-Rex Multiball has some value IF you hit a bunch of orange shots BEFORE hitting the left ramp to feed the T-Rex. That builds up the jackpot value.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Set up a mode with the chaos multi ready in the wings and work that spinner at max with 2 or 3x PF value and Bobs ur Uncle. Uncle Bob.[quoted image]

what 'mode' in your view? Control Room? A paddock? a T-rex?

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

what 'mode' in your view? Control Room? A paddock? a T-rex?

Doesn't matter really, I usually set up the chaos multi then start Control room and hit Smart missle with a good amount of shots made u can reach 300 mil easy.

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Scroll down to the Strategies section: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

In addition to what I wrote there... I've noticed that there is a LOT of big scoring that adds up in the background, namely: Rescue Streak and Pteranodon Attack, the latter with a large Pteranodon multiplier.

And of course, use 2x scoring whenever possible -- but I've found that 2x scoring often begins unintentionally, so it's somewhat serendipitous whether you have 2x scoring running at an opportune time. But the good news is: in multiball, you've got a great chance of bouncing around enough into Supply Drop icon standups to qualify your first Supply Drop, which not only adds a ball, but lights your 2x Scoring standup.

If you've got a good Rescue Streak going, and you went RIGHT on initial Paddock, avoid the Spitter and even moreso the T-Rex paddocks. If you go T-Rex paddock, just plan on the T-Rex chowing down on at least one Staff.

I see *completed* modes typically scoring (base, not with Double Scoring):
Control Room: 60-100M
T-Rex: 40-70M
I doubt that most player's TYPICAL Chaos MB or Raptor MB scores are that high, thus the critical strategy of always having either Control Room or T-Rex going PRIOR to starting a multiball.

Last: King of the Island MB scoring gets BIG, in a hurry. As it should -- it's difficult to get to.

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

in multiball, you've got a great chance of bouncing around enough into Supply Drop icon standups to qualify your first Supply Drop, which not only adds a ball, but lights your 2x Scoring standup.

this

#1225 4 years ago

Just saw this while driving around Austin TX!

520BC495-DF22-4357-84EA-D04CF978FA09 (resized).jpeg520BC495-DF22-4357-84EA-D04CF978FA09 (resized).jpeg
#1226 4 years ago

Screenshot_20190906-175823_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190906-175823_Instagram (resized).jpg

#1227 4 years ago

Initial pictures. I tried to get a few different angles. The color is "illusion gambler" by Prismatic Powders. It's a metallic gloss and shifts from lighter to darker depending on how the light hits it. On to the install...

20190906_191019 (resized).jpg20190906_191019 (resized).jpg20190906_191035 (resized).jpg20190906_191035 (resized).jpg20190906_191122 (resized).jpg20190906_191122 (resized).jpg20190906_191226 (resized).jpg20190906_191226 (resized).jpg
#1228 4 years ago

Looks sweet!

My pro is coming home tonight.. crossing my fingers....

#1229 4 years ago

That green looks awesome!

#1230 4 years ago

What are the chances the premiums are going to have better playfields? I'd imagine all the playfields are already made. Are they going to just toss them and redo them right or just throw some washers on the posts and call it good?

I went through the same sort of thing with my TNA, I did get another playfield for it, but who the F wants to do a playfield swap on a new game

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

What are the chances the premiums are going to have better playfields? I'd imagine all the playfields are already made. Are they going to just toss them and redo them right or just throw some washers on the posts and call it good?
I went through the same sort of thing with my TNA, I did get another playfield for it, but who the F wants to do a playfield swap on a new game

I read on a previous post here, that Stern had shipped populated playfields if necessary. In a custom fit box and everything. Just unplug a few cables swap, and replug. Done. This isnt something I've witnessed firsthand, but someone here said they had it done.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Has anyone's distributor told them when LEs will begin shipping?

Yesterday my seller emailed me saying Stern has requested the balance for (his) Jurassic Park LE’s. Therefore, I'm sending my LE balance check off to him first thing tomorrow. Sounds like shipment is imminent, but it's been pretty frustrating to be kept in the dark with such an large purchase. If I hear otherwise, I'll post again here. Kinda hoping someone beats me to that.

#1233 4 years ago

Done! I wish the lighting was better. It looks amazing in person.

20190906_203358 (resized).jpg20190906_203358 (resized).jpg
#1234 4 years ago

Done! I wish the lighting was better. It looks amazing in person.[quoted image]

I really like the powder!

#1235 4 years ago

Noice!!

#1236 4 years ago

Yeah, that looks sweet!

#1237 4 years ago

How do the plastic cabinet protectors install? Are they touching the decals or elevated by metal spacers?

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How do the plastic cabinet protectors install? Are they touching the decals or elevated by metal spacers?

Ya I wouldn't use those plastic leg protectors on the game, nothing bad bad news with those and decals typically, I imagine the metal plates are in place and that should be enough?

#1239 4 years ago

One of my favorite custom powdercoat

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya I wouldn't use those plastic leg protectors on the game, nothing bad bad news with those and decals typically, I imagine the metal plates are in place and that should be enough?

I took the stock Stern protectors off. Is that not good? My GoTG machine is the same way and it's never been an issue. I don't beat my games around much.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

One of my favorite custom powdercoat

Thanks man!

#1242 4 years ago

I get the Logan arcade and relationship with stern, but I disagree with a premium being out before the LEs buyers get there’s. It’s clearly understood the order of production when dealing with distributors

#1243 4 years ago

I like the maturity of the rulesheet so far... but the strategies are kind of 'duh' level. They boil down to 'make sure you stack'.. well, duh

I was thinking more along the lines of what things are worthy of pursuing, while filtering out the ones that are less interesting. Like... is it really worth focusing on enabling raptor pit... vs just playing t-rex modes or paddocks? Is the risk/reward there for those. Same with stressing about t-rex modes and starting them at a particular time (or paddock modes). Since paddock modes are basically untimed... how should start sequences be prioritized to get best opportunities.

Control room modes i still struggle to turn into big points.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I get the Logan arcade and relationship with stern, but I disagree with a premium being out before the LEs buyers get there’s. It’s clearly understood the order of production when dealing with distributors

I suspect this one was a proto/ early production premium they had at the offices. Not sure what there is to "disagree" about? It is unrelated to the general production stuff, just a cool thing to do, them putting it out.

It plays really awesome! Only played a few games, but it seems to have a je ne sais quoi relative to the pros around here, a few of us felt the shots seemed more makeable, less "uncertain" in a way. Still tight and tough, but just, more solid. Hard to describe. Lots of fun!

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I suspect this one was a proto/ early production premium they had at the offices.

I also think that is a proto because the letters on the CHAOS inserts seem to be black.

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I also think that is a proto because the letters on the CHAOS inserts seem to be black.

Good eye!

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I took their post to mean that it was actually Keith’s prototype that he’s lending to them. But i might be reading too much into it.

#1248 4 years ago

Looks awesome. Great choice.

#1249 4 years ago

I took the stock Stern protectors off. Is that not good? My GoTG machine is the same way and it's never been an issue. I don't beat my games around much.

You definitely shouldn’t take the Stern protectors off unless they are plastic and you replace with metal ones. You’re much more likely to wrinkle the decals even if you don’t nudge hard.

#1250 4 years ago

Looks sweet! How many post rubbers did you need? Want to order some green ones

Drfinately use the stock corner protectors, those kind will wrinkle your decals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/25?hl=nameim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.