(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 427.
#12901 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Email only for support now. Contact these emails. No idea why people ship games with the legs on.

I've done the white glove, legs on thing both as a buyer and a seller for dozens of machines and never had an issue. The ones in CA were Sly Fox (always great) shipping, but the longer distance ones were Michelle at Beltmann. I make sure they pack it well when it goes out, but never had a bent leg as a shipper or receiver (knock on wood). Maybe our local trucking company Beltmann uses is just especially conscientious. It can be a good experience, and always has been for me.
IMG_0667-sml (resized).jpgIMG_0667-sml (resized).jpg

#12902 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've done the white glove, legs on thing both as a buyer and a seller for dozens of machines and never had an issue.

But issues are possible. That’s my point. Sure any way you do it issues are possible, but less likely with a game wrapped and strapped.

#12903 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But issues are possible. That’s my point. Sure any way you do it issues are possible, but less likely with a game wrapped and strapped.

It's possible with any pinball being shipped. The only time I've ever had damage was with palleted/crated pins which is the only way I used to do them, which seems to defy logic, but I think the palleted/crated are treated more carelessly at the warehouses because they're "packed better."

I know my time is coming, but so far, so good with the white glove/legs on.

#12904 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes, I believe this has been upgraded on newer builds. Replaced with a machine screw and locknut

I'd not seen where they'd changed this post (b/n the fixed newton ball and the truck) to a locknut version, although in looking under the PF there is plenty of room for one. I also checked that my post was secure and looking at the geometry that post could be hit by the upper flipper if the truck is facing the right, so I'm surprised we haven't seen this issue earlier ... now I'm wondering whether I should proactively change it over.

JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpgJP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg
#12905 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'd not seen where they'd changed this post (b/n the fixed newton ball and the truck) to a locknut version, although in looking under the PF there is plenty of room for one. I also checked that my post was secure and looking at the geometry that post could be hit by the upper flipper if the truck is facing the right, so I'm surprised we haven't seen this issue earlier ... now I'm wondering whether I should proactively change it over.[quoted image]

It shouldn’t really take much of a beating because it’s mostly protected by the newton ball and the Jeep shaft. I could be wrong about the update to a through the playfield with nut attachment. I thought I heard something of that nature but maybe I’m thinking of the change to the the upper flipper post.
Seems like an easy fix though

#12906 2 years ago

Yes, I believe this has been upgraded on newer builds. Replaced with a machine screw and locknut

So my build is December of 2019 so I may have to worry about this as well that sucks & sorry I wasn’t trying to give bad advise.

#12907 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So my build is December of 2019 so I may have to worry about this as well that sucks & sorry I wasn’t trying to give bad advise.

Your advice would totally work in some situations. Under the risk of being smacked pretty hard by the ball I have a hunch refitting the wood screw just wouldn’t hold up. No need to apologize, it is nice that you offered help

#12908 2 years ago

Your advice would totally work in some situations. Under the risk of being smacked pretty hard by the ball I have a hunch refitting the wood screw just wouldn’t hold up. No need to apologize, it is nice that you offered help

After thinking about I agree I was thinking possibly a small amount of jb weld but best solution is to do what was earlier recommended. Man I hope I don’t have to do it.

#12909 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

After thinking about I agree I was thinking possibly a small amount of jb weld but best solution is to do what was earlier recommended. Man I hope I don’t have to do it.

I have a first run Premium. I checked mine today and it still feels solid. I haven’t heard but this one incident so it will probably be fine

#12910 2 years ago

Got a cool 1.1B last night which is good for me. 5 Dino’s captured including t-Rex during Chaos. 21 rescues. 135m amber pops! JP is really amazing. I can’t believe GZ on the whole is more satisfying but I guess people are loving it. When I played GZ I found the habitrail returns tedious. JP feels Goldilocks there and way faster.

#12911 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Got a cool 1.1B last night which is good for me. 5 Dino’s captured including t-Rex during Chaos. 21 rescues. 135m amber pops! JP is really amazing. I can’t believe GZ on the whole is more satisfying but I guess people are loving it. When I played GZ I found the habitrail returns tedious. JP feels Goldilocks there and way faster.

I've been lurking around for the past couple of days since I was on a family vacation and had a JP right next to our hotel. I had a chance to play ~20 games and while I didn't completely know what I was doing I've so far found it much more fun to shoot than GZ. Maybe I need to give GZ a few more games? Anyway, I felt like a champ breaking 400M but you're on a totally different level!

I'm curious how you consider progressing your game. My early thoughts were: hit the skill shots as best I can (I maxed out at four but usually only got two), aim for the "C" during ball save time, qualify a mode and play it as best I can (I didn't at first understand why I couldn't shoot the green arrow and didn't realize I needed to hit the red inserts then the yellow shot first), and then eventually at some point end up getting a T-Rex MB. I didn't understand how I was getting the Raptor MB, the "missile", or exactly how I was getting fossils.

I guess it's time to read up on the game a little more. It's amazingly fun and I'm considering picking one up in the next run (pro or premium?).

#12912 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I've been lurking around for the past couple of days since I was on a family vacation and had a JP right next to our hotel. I had a chance to play ~20 games and while I didn't completely know what I was doing I've so far found it much more fun to shoot than GZ. Maybe I need to give GZ a few more games? Anyway, I felt like a champ breaking 400M but you're on a totally different level!
I'm curious how you consider progressing your game. My early thoughts were: hit the skill shots as best I can (I maxed out at four but usually only got two), aim for the "C" during ball save time, qualify a mode and play it as best I can (I didn't at first understand why I couldn't shoot the green arrow and didn't realize I needed to hit the red inserts then the yellow shot first), and then eventually at some point end up getting a T-Rex MB. I didn't understand how I was getting the Raptor MB, the "missile", or exactly how I was getting fossils.
I guess it's time to read up on the game a little more. It's amazingly fun and I'm considering picking one up in the next run (pro or premium?).

JP is a great game, but one fairly universal criticism should be is it is hard to know what to do (in terms of catching dinos). I have met people who played the game a tonne and had not grasped that. I did not figure it out myself until I bought the game and read the rules

Stuff like Raptor Multiball, T-Rex Modes, I could get pretty easily. Once you get it the Dinos are consistently fun to catch for me.

The whole game is pretty much "Hurry-Up - The Game". Everything you start has you on a pretty short clock, and usually competing clock. Unlike a lot of games say stacking a Control Room mode with a multiball is not a no brainer, especially with a Dino mode already running. You only have so long to complete your tasks, and trying to keep your rescue streak alive is important.

#12913 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

When I played GZ I found the habitrail returns tedious. JP feels Goldilocks there and way faster.

GZ habitrails are designed to give the building time to change levels.

I have both games in my small collection but JP is my all time favorite. I think as GZ matures it will be an amazing game but I don’t think it’s going to pass JP on my list.

#12914 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:But issues are possible. That’s my point. Sure any way you do it issues are possible, but less likely with a game wrapped and strapped.

I disagree.
When on pallet higher risk of fork truck use.
On legs more so hands on!

#12915 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

If you do fill.
Use epoxy . I’d still drill through slightly countersink underside of play field. Masking tape To temp hold epoxy from dripping out. When cured drill pilot hole in epoxy and screw in post.

#12916 2 years ago

So I’m having to replace my bottom
2 LED flippers due to an issue with them, and both of those screws holdimg the bay post are stripped. I don’t know if anyone remembers my post about the upper screw stripping a while ago too, but now these 2 also.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Like how could this even happen? I’m going to HD to get replacements tomorrow but wtf? I’m using a 5/32” hex bit to screw them. Strange that literally all 3 have been stripped. I didn’t even know you could strip hex heads.

#12917 2 years ago

Are you using a drill? Not sure how they would strip either.

#12918 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you using a drill? Not sure how they would strip either.

No I’m using an Allen wrench, a bit for a
Screwdriver that takes a bunch of bits, and one of those 9” 5/32 tools that someone recommended in here.

#12919 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

If you do fill.
Use epoxy . I’d still drill through slightly countersink underside of play field. Masking tape To temp hold epoxy from dripping out. When cured drill pilot hole in epoxy and screw in post.

Another option is to drill out the hole and fill with a hardwood dowel (like maple) matching the hole size. Use a good glue like titebond.

T-nut post if you can fit it.

#12920 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I disagree.
When on pallet higher risk of fork truck use.
On legs more so hands on!

On a pallet, I don’t think they read the big X and sign that says “DO NOT TRUCK THIS SIDE”, as I’ve seen the guys even with a hand pallet jack, go in on the wrong side. Ugh. I’ve shipped and received 20-30 and have seen one problem (my friend’s JP), cross your fingers!

#12921 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to .PDF ruleset? TIA

#12922 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Does anyone have a link to .PDF ruleset? TIA

it's not a pdf but I think this is the most complete: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#12923 2 years ago

EXCITED. Just arranged to buy a premium! I pick it up on Friday!

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve only played it a few times and it never clicked with me. But it’s the fourth rated machine here, and it’s three years old - so there must be more to it!

Godzilla by Elwin is AMAZING, so I will trust the master.

#12924 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve only played it a few times and it never clicked with me. But it’s the fourth rated machine here, and it’s three years old - so there must be more to it!

You won't be sorry super deep rules, awesome flow & tons of combos.

#12925 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

If you like it then you will like it for sure!

#12926 2 years ago

I keep having problems with the "fixed" ball in front of the truck coming loose. I tightened it down as tight as I could last night, then today after five or six games it was wiggling around when balls hit it again. I can only tighten it so much before the ball starts turning in my hand when I try to turn the wrench. Is there a trick to this? Do I need some lock-tite?

#12927 2 years ago
Quoted from jwalton:

I keep having problems with the "fixed" ball in front of the truck coming loose. I tightened it down as tight as I could last night, then today after five or six games it was wiggling around when balls hit it again. I can only tighten it so much before the ball starts turning in my hand when I try to turn the wrench. Is there a trick to this? Do I need some lock-tite?

Yep lock-tite is your friend

#12928 2 years ago
Quoted from jwalton:

If you do blue loc-tite, DO NOT get any excess on the truck plastics or any other plastics. It weakens and/or melts plastic it comes into contact with.

#12929 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I bought my JP sight unseen. Never played it. Reviews only. No regrets. Just today scored 690m in T. rex multiball. I can’t tell you how satisfying that is….

#12930 2 years ago

I got a Stern Jurassic Park Premium Pinball in 2022: The Review:

#12931 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I bought my JP sight unseen. Never played it. Reviews only. No regrets. Just today scored 690m in T. rex multiball. I can’t tell you how satisfying that is….

Jesus Christ I haven't even scored that high in an entire game lol.

#12932 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Jesus Christ I haven't even scored that high in an entire game lol.

I know right? Imagine my surprise. I got into this groove and boosted the single jackpot score to 6.9m or so. Then hit double scoring. Hit the chaos shots in order then the T. rex. Happened so fast I was like “what the!l

#12933 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I know right? Imagine my surprise. I got into this groove and boosted the single jackpot score to 6.9m or so. Then hit double scoring. Hit the chaos shots in order then the T. rex. Happened so fast I was like “what the!l

Awesome! I’ve been trying to do this too. Great challenge. I doubt you can score much higher than that unless you can get through more waves of JPs.

#12934 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So you got that many points just going through one iteration of it??

#12935 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So you got that many points just going through one iteration of it??

Yup! Perfect storm of goodness!

#12936 2 years ago

Karl's streaming JP again and giving away more prizes 7:00-9:00 - contest guesses are due SOON:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Type !contest in the chat to see the rules.

#12937 2 years ago

Hi folks! I'm searching but not finding. My JP Prem TRex head moves side to side fine, but moves up and down without locking in place to catch balls as expected. It doesn't lower itself far enough down and leave the mouth open. I end up triggering TREX modes by simply hitting the left ramp and bypassing the TREX in that case. Is there a limit switch or something I should look at replacing or repairing to get the game back to expected behavior?

Thank you!!!

#12938 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi folks! I'm searching but not finding. My JP Prem TRex head moves side to side fine, but moves up and down without locking in place to catch balls as expected. It doesn't lower itself far enough down and leave the mouth open. I end up triggering TREX modes by simply hitting the left ramp and bypassing the TREX in that case. Is there a limit switch or something I should look at replacing or repairing to get the game back to expected behavior?
Thank you!!!

Does it lower in the test mode properly?

#12939 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does it lower in the test mode properly?

I actually didn't realize there were tests for it. Just went in and tested it and it went side to side, made a bit of a grinding noise, and then gave a message 'Check Switch 66 TREX Down' - not sure which switch that is but it's a place to start!

#12940 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I actually didn't realize there were tests for it. Just went in and tested it and it went side to side, made a bit of a grinding noise, and then gave a message 'Check Switch 66 TREX Down' - not sure which switch that is but it's a place to start!

Basically go into switch test mode and try to manually trigger the switches around the motor that controls tilt (on the bottom of the back of the backboard) to make sure all three work. If they DO, then you just need to see which one is 66 (by triggering and looking on the screen) and then adjust the arm on that switch.

jp_trex_tilt_down (resized).jpgjp_trex_tilt_down (resized).jpg
#12941 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically go into switch test mode and try to manually trigger the switches around the motor that controls tilt (on the bottom of the back of the backboard) to make sure all three work. If they DO, then you just need to see which one is 66 (by triggering and looking on the screen) and then adjust the arm on that switch.
[quoted image]

I’ll also add… after getting the switch working, to get TRex’s head low enough to grab the ball, you may also need to adjust the height of the mech by loosening the 4 bolts where PinMonk s arrow is pointing. Had to do that on my early build.

#12942 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12943 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Thanks! I'll check into this and see what's up. It worked for many months, only stopped working randomly a few days ago. So something is loose / misadjusted / broken back there.

Does the dino head need to be disassembled for most of this work or does that stuff happen on the backside of the playfield rear divider?

#12944 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thanks! I'll check into this and see what's up. It worked for many months, only stopped working randomly a few days ago. So something is loose / misadjusted / broken back there.
Does the dino head need to be disassembled for most of this work or does that stuff happen on the backside of the playfield rear divider?

For the head lowering, it's all on the backside of the board where the head is mounted, where the arrow is pointing in the picture I posted.

#12945 2 years ago

Looking to get a couple more mods...

Is there a difference between the pteranodon from modfather vs mezel mods? Just wondering cause of price. Can you all possibly post some pics of yours installed?

Also, Cant find a helicopter I like. I loved the modfather one with LED's that's long sold out but can I also see some pics of helicopter/ blade mods that you all have? thanks so much!

#12946 2 years ago
Quoted from jugheadd:

Looking to get a couple more mods...
Is there a difference between the pteranodon from modfather vs mezel mods? Just wondering cause of price. Can you all possibly post some pics of yours installed?
Also, Cant find a helicopter I like. I loved the modfather one with LED's that's long sold out but can I also see some pics of helicopter/ blade mods that you all have? thanks so much!

I really liked the mezel helicopter, when it worked. After a while the ball started to get stuck when passing by the "nail" that makes it spin and it would be really annoying.

However I did contact mezel this past week and they put me in touch with the creator of it and today I got in touch with him and he's sending me a new one. He said he's never had anyone have this problem before.

I also found it odd that mezel put me in touch with the creator and is having him deal with it. I guess they are the middle man for some of their mods.

You can see it spinning here a couple times on this video I took of my weak shooter rod at the time.

#12947 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the head lowering, it's all on the backside of the board where the head is mounted, where the arrow is pointing in the picture I posted.

Thank you! I found the switch 66, and while it's registering on button push, there's no blade on the switch (and none to be found around the cabinet. I'm assuming this is my issue and will work on replacing that switch. I appreciate the assist!

Edit - found the blade. Clean break at the base of the blade, hiding in some wires. New one ordered - now to figure out how I'll get back there to replace it

#12948 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I really liked the mezel helicopter, when it worked. After a while the ball started to get stuck when passing by the "nail" that makes it spin and it would be really annoying.
However I did contact mezel this past week and they put me in touch with the creator of it and today I got in touch with him and he's sending me a new one. He said he's never had anyone have this problem before.
I also found it odd that mezel put me in touch with the creator and is having him deal with it. I guess they are the middle man for some of their mods.
You can see it spinning here a couple times on this video I took of my weak shooter rod at the time.

What made it spin better ws WD40 on q-tip & rubbed a tiny bit on mod & now it spins like crazy... essentially it's just a fidget spinner lol

#12949 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

What made it spin better ws WD40 on q-tip & rubbed a tiny bit on mod & now it spins like crazy... essentially it's just a fidget spinner lol

Hmmm when I get the new one, I will give that a try lol.

It wasn't that mine wasn't spinning, but sometimes depending where the nail was, my ball would just get stuck under it. It got so bad a few times I had to take the glass off. Usually I could nudge for a few seconds and it would eventually come off but not after a while.

#12950 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Hmmm when I get the new one, I will give that a try lol.
It wasn't that mine wasn't spinning, but sometimes depending where the nail was, my ball would just get stuck under it. It got so bad a few times I had to take the glass off. Usually I could nudge for a few seconds and it would eventually come off but not after a while.

Make sure all those nails are all the way down too. TBH it's kinda a cheap mod I wish there was a metal version & I hate the Helicopter toy lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/259?hl=briannawu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.