(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 427.
#12451 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks! Ordered. Does not list Stern...but appears to work fine for you!

Yeah that part number is the same part number listed on the pinball life page, which states they can be used in Stern (and other) machines too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-red.html

#12452 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah that part number is the same part number listed on the pinball life page, which states they can be used in Stern (and other) machines too.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-red.html

Perfect! $5.34 with shipping!!

#12453 2 years ago

Does anyone have these WizBlades Art Blades installed? If so, how is the quality? And could you post or PM me a picture of them installed?

WizBlades Side Art (resized).pngWizBlades Side Art (resized).png
#12454 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have these WizBlades Art Blades installed? If so, how is the quality? And could you post or PM me a picture of them installed?
[quoted image]

I have art blades from wizardmod on my AiQ and installed myself. Great quality! I bought my JP with tiltgraphics already mounted. Looks great as well and no quality issues.

#12455 2 years ago

My ninja balls came today and I just put them in and while I had the glass off I decided to take some Novus 1 to the playfield since I had been taking it on/off and had never cleaned inside. I noticed that the lane that feeds to the right flipper had a noticeable line in it that basically goes all the way down to the tip of the flipper almost. I also noticed one of these lines where the rail feeds the upper flipper.

After rubbing the playfield a bit with the Novus 1 and a microfiber cloth these lines still did not come out. I think it helped a bit but they are still there. They are not super noticeable at all and I had never seen them until I went to do this cleaning, but they are there.

Is this something that is permanent or is there a way to buff this out like with Novus 2 or something? Or would waxing it rid of it?

Just curious as this is my first pin and I've had it like not even a month yet, but I do have a decent number of plays on it already probably. I haven't checked audits but I think it's a decent amount. I just want to keep it as clean as I possibly can.

#12456 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

My ninja balls came today and I just put them in and while I had the glass off I decided to take some Novus 1 to the playfield since I had been taking it on/off and had never cleaned inside. I noticed that the lane that feeds to the right flipper had a noticeable line in it that basically goes all the way down to the tip of the flipper almost. I also noticed one of these lines where the rail feeds the upper flipper.
After rubbing the playfield a bit with the Novus 1 and a microfiber cloth these lines still did not come out. I think it helped a bit but they are still there. They are not super noticeable at all and I had never seen them until I went to do this cleaning, but they are there.
Is this something that is permanent or is there a way to buff this out like with Novus 2 or something? Or would waxing it rid of it?
Just curious as this is my first pin and I've had it like not even a month yet, but I do have a decent number of plays on it already probably. I haven't checked audits but I think it's a decent amount. I just want to keep it as clean as I possibly can.

They are called "ball trails" and in a game this new, it's likely that some mild cleaner or even wax will take them right off.

#12457 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They are called "ball trails" and in a game this new, it's likely that some mild cleaner or even wax will take them right off.

Something like Simple Green?

From searching I thought Novus 1 was kind of the main cleaner that people liked to use to clean the playfield but maybe it's not mild enough?

I don't have any wax either so don't really know what to get in that instance. I'll have to watch a video on how to apply it correctly too.

#12458 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Something like Simple Green?
From searching I thought Novus 1 was kind of the main cleaner that people liked to use to clean the playfield but maybe it's not mild enough?
I don't have any wax either so don't really know what to get in that instance. I'll have to watch a video on how to apply it correctly too.

I just use mother's carnauba car wax (the hard kind in a can). It cleans and waxes great. When I first start to see ball trails, I know it's time to give a quick wax.

#12459 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just use mother's carnauba car wax (the hard kind in a can). It cleans and waxes great. When I first start to see ball trails, I know it's time to give a quick wax.

Okay thanks and do you just do like a quick buff in those areas or the whole thing? And are you talking about removing everything in the play field or just doing where you have access to with the play field intact?

#12460 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Okay thanks and do you just do like a quick buff in those areas or the whole thing? And are you talking about removing everything in the play field or just doing where you have access to with the play field intact?

I do a quick where I can reach job pretty often. I rarely take stuff off to do it, maybe when I first get an older game. You'll get a feel for what you're comfortable doing.

#12461 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I do a quick where I can reach job pretty often. I rarely take stuff off to do it, maybe when I first get an older game. You'll get a feel for what you're comfortable doing.

So you just do the whole playfield somewhat often, like stuff you can reach (probably exactly what I cleaned today)? Or you just do "spot waxing" when you start to see certain spots that could use it?

Sorry for the 20 questions, noob just trying to learn.

#12462 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So you just do the whole playfield somewhat often, like stuff you can reach (probably exactly what I cleaned today)? Or you just do "spot waxing" when you start to see certain spots that could use it?
Sorry for the 20 questions, noob just trying to learn.

It only really takes about 5 minutes to just rub lightly where you can reach being careful to not get wax all over your plastics and switches, then wipe it off. It's basically the visible play field. The only problem is the dirt from the places you miss finds it's way out on the ball. But if you're doing it frequently, it's more than enough IMHO.

#12463 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It only really takes about 5 minutes to just rub lightly where you can reach being careful to not get wax all over your plastics and switches, then wipe it off. It's basically the visible play field. The only problem is the dirt from the places you miss finds it's way out on the ball. But if you're doing it frequently, it's more than enough IMHO.

Okay gotcha. Yeah I may just make it a thing I do like every month.

Is this the wax you are talking about?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz.-05500/7111061-P

#12464 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I've found that just rubbing the trails hard with a bare finger can help get them out also.

#12465 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz.-05500/7111061-P

This is mine. Feel free to shoot me a pm so we don't poss off the dinosaur peeps here

16395350717411114094411001083457 (resized).jpg16395350717411114094411001083457 (resized).jpg
#12466 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

[quoted image]

I have these installed and they are excellent quality and match the same color blue as the back panel where the T-Rex is, I highly recommend them.

#12467 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

[quoted image]

Yes, they are amazing and match the colors in the backboard much better than other choices.

#12468 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This is mine. Feel free to shoot me a pm so we don't poss off the dinosaur peeps here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2431b4ced18e6d4797ba457405680e8d6e3b58b6-1639547755-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

I for one don’t mind when people have little conversations and questions inside a thread. I mean I’m pretty used to waxing my playfield by now but I’m sure I could still learn a thing or two. Maybe next little back and forth will be about something I’m totally green on.

FWIW, this is the wax I use, it seems to be pretty good stuff.
9712A806-ECA2-42FF-860A-66592D31394C (resized).jpeg9712A806-ECA2-42FF-860A-66592D31394C (resized).jpeg

#12469 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I for one don’t mind when people have little conversations and questions inside a thread. I mean I’m pretty used to waxing my playfield by now but I’m sure I could still learn a thing or two. Maybe next little back and forth will be about something I’m totally green on.
FWIW, this is the wax I use, it seems to be pretty good stuff.
[quoted image]

Yeah this one appears to be like the #1 based off of my google searching. However it's like more than double the price of the Meguiar's or Mother's and it's not easily found like the others.

#12470 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah this one appears to be like the #1 based off of my google searching. However it's like more than double the price of the Meguiar's or Mother's and it's not easily found like the others.

Changing rubbers out will help a bit too replace w/titans.

#12471 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Changing rubbers out will help a bit too replace w/titans.

Yeah I was planning on doing that at some point in the not to distant future. Figuring out the colors of which one is going to be a PITA lol.

#12472 2 years ago

Anyone have any experience w/ these https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector I followed instructions; but it doesn't lay flush & switch doesn't get activated & balls get jammed?? I might just toss it & get a small piece of mylar.

#12473 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Anyone have any experience w/ these https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector I followed instructions; but it doesn't lay flush & switch doesn't get activated & balls get jammed?? I might just toss it & get a small piece of mylar.

I'm not a fan of those either but you can bend the actuator arm on the switch and it'll work fine. I prefer Cliffies on top of mylar for my shooter lane needs.

#12474 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm not a fan of those either but you can bend the actuator arm on the switch and it'll work fine. I prefer Cliffies on top of mylar for my shooter lane needs.

Bend it out towards me by a very small amount? Thanks.

#12475 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Ingot one of those from mezel mod and installed it before ever playing a ball on mine and it’s been just fine.

#12476 2 years ago

Also does anyone have any comet spotlights? I have 2 double post ones and last night on my highest score run ever one of the bulbs popped out on my left double post one. Thanks the second time it’s happened mid play hit before it was the other light on the left post thst came out. This happened to anyone?

#12477 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Bend it out towards me by a very small amount? Thanks.

Look at the switch under the PF closely, press the actuator down until hear it click, and it will make sense how it works. You bend the bar up slightly so that the ball pushes it far enough to clear the white switch contact point. To far up and the ball will hang up on it.

#12478 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Look at the switch under the PF closely, press the actuator down until hear it click, and it will make sense how it works. You bend the bar up slightly so that the ball pushes it far enough to clear the white switch contact point. To far up and the ball will hang up on it.

Thank you I'll give it a try...

#12479 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'd also check out the various pinwiki's and similar for other pinball 101 diy type of maintenance items. In general most adjustments and repairs are very simple with basic tools and knowhow.

#12480 2 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the size of the upgraded Upper Flipper Post?

#12481 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Not that wax, that's a paste. The one you want is 100% pure carnuba wax and is hard, like a bar of soap.

#12482 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not that wax, that's a paste. The one you want is 100% pure carnuba wax and is hard, like a bar of soap.

Well it says it's wax paste though so I figured it was.

Anyways, I ended up getting some of this stuff since I saw multiple people talking about it and I could grab it locally to give it a try.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/meguiar-s-gold-class-carnauba-plus-paste-wax-11-oz.-g7014j/7111274-P

Even the most recommended stuff I saw when searching is called "paste wax".

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

#12485 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

And it goes up from there:
P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax amazon.com link »

I use this on my show cars..... maybe do one pin and see....

https://www.griotsgarage.com/premium-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounces/

#12487 2 years ago

Mother's California Gold carnauba wax has been really great on my pins. Only $19 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05550-California-Brazilian-Carnauba/dp/B0002U2V1O/ref=asc_df_B0002U2V1O/

#12488 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Also does anyone have any comet spotlights? I have 2 double post ones and last night on my highest score run ever one of the bulbs popped out on my left double post one. Thanks the second time it’s happened mid play hit before it was the other light on the left post thst came out. This happened to anyone?

Somewhere, deep in the pinside archives was a great post by a fellow who had a really smart idea to address this.
I'm sure someone can chime in with the actual post, but essentially what he did, and what I have done since finding that post was: take the bulb, pull away the small metal wire prongs and bend them out (about 90° away). Then, cut to spec and wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the base circumferentially. Then, put the little metal prongs back around the edges they way they originally were.
This makes the base of the bulb a little thicker and offers a little bit of grip within the socket, and thus the bulb is significantly less likely to pop out.
This is a great little trick.

#12489 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

no need to do it every month, maybe every 6 months to a year. keep wax off star posts, builds up quick and looks like shit.

#12490 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Somewhere, deep in the pinside archives was a great post by a fellow who had a really smart idea to address this.
I'm sure someone can chime in with the actual post, but essentially what he did, and what I have done since finding that post was: take the bulb, pull away the small metal wire prongs and bend them out (about 90° away). Then, cut to spec and wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the base circumferentially. Then, put the little metal prongs back around the edges they way they originally were.
This makes the base of the bulb a little thicker and offers a little bit of grip within the socket, and thus the bulb is significantly less likely to pop out.
This is a great little trick.

I know this is a common solution to a common problem (tape on the bulb base)

My solution: put a small dab of "goop" glue that connects the bulb to the shield. The bulbs will hold fast, but they are easily removable with a firm tug. The goop will snap off, and is also easily removable.

#12491 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I know this is a common solution to a common problem (tape on the bulb base)
My solution: put a small dab of "goop" glue that connects the bulb to the shield. The bulbs will hold fast, but they are easily removable with a firm tug. The goop will snap off, and is also easily removable.

You talking hot glue? Or stuff like elmers glue?

#12492 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Glue gun very small dab

#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mother's California Gold carnauba wax has been really great on my pins. Only $19 on Amazon:
amazon.com link »

That's the stuff right there. Typically the pastes have a mild (very mild) abrasive in them along with other chemicals. This stuff is 100% wax. Pastes can also get pretty messy.

#12494 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I Use these from Pinballlife.com. $1.95 and no messy glue.

Screenshot_20211215-162724_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211215-162724_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#12495 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no need to do it every month, maybe every 6 months to a year. keep wax off star posts, builds up quick and looks like shit.

Not sure why you even need to wax clear coated pins with huo use. It makes a huge mess, gets stuck everywhere, and hate the way the game plays all lubed up. A simple cleaning once in a while is all you need imo.

#12496 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not sure why you even need to wax clear coated pins with huo use. It makes a huge mess, gets stuck everywhere, and hate the way the game plays all lubed up. A simple cleaning once in a while is all you need imo.

Agree 100%!

#12497 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

IMO, I've gotten pretty good at not making a mess, and I love playing a freshly waxed game ')

#12498 2 years ago

I ended up doing the electrical tape thing for my 4 spotlight bulbs it definitely fits snugger so hopefully it holds it fine.

I also ended up getting that Mother's canauba wax linked up above and will return my Meguiar's wax tomorrow since it's literally right next to my gym.

#12499 2 years ago

2EA0F182-76AF-4B13-9971-8D0482CA6765 (resized).jpeg2EA0F182-76AF-4B13-9971-8D0482CA6765 (resized).jpeg
This makes your playfield sound good too

#12500 2 years ago

There are different things in this game that make the lights completely turn off for like a second or so.

Is there anyway to make it so that doesn't happen? Like is there some setting I can change so it never goes dark all the way?

I play in a blacked out basement for the most part and I have lost multiple balls because I simply cannot see WTF is going on when all of the lights are out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.