(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,307 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 427.
#12401 2 years ago

Well, this is an exciting place to get my ball stuck. Came off the upper right flipper, got airborn, and it pushed that "24" plastic up out of the way and lodged itself in there good.

Anyone have ocassional problems with the Raptor gate going down halfway and getting stuck? This only happens to me every once in a while, and I'm not sure if it happens on the way down or the way up, but sometimes it ends up halfway down, and then hitting it does nothing. It always resets to the correct position at the end of a game.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 2.10.49 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-09 at 2.10.49 PM (resized).png
#12402 2 years ago
Quoted from jwalton:

Well, this is an exciting place to get my ball stuck. Came off the upper right flipper, got airborn, and it pushed that "24" plastic up out of the way and lodged itself in there good.
Anyone have ocassional problems with the Raptor gate going down halfway and getting stuck? This only happens to me every once in a while, and I'm not sure if it happens on the way down or the way up, but sometimes it ends up halfway down, and then hitting it does nothing. It always resets to the correct position at the end of a game.
[quoted image]

I have had both issues. Recently had the ball wedge in exact spot as yours did. Only able to dislodge with magnet. I have had the raptor cage issue a hand full of times. Happens on the way up. Not had it on the way down.

#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from jwalton:

[quoted image]

There are some posts regarding fixes people have done to stop this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6196142
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6200839
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6200994

In regards to the raptor gate only going half down, I'd go into switch test mode and confirm the up/down switches are working correctly - also worth lifting the PF and checking in case the switches have come loose.

#12404 2 years ago

> have had both issues. Recently had the ball wedge in exact spot as yours did. Only able to dislodge with magnet.

Helps to have a child with tiny hands. But I found I could bend plastic 24 up a bit and pop it out.

#12405 2 years ago

Can anyone please tell me how i am spelling the letters on the Official topper?
I'm generally left with the last 3 letters to spell, and i don't even know how i am achieving this?

Cheers

#12406 2 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Can anyone please tell me how i am spelling the letters on the Official topper?
I'm generally left with the last 3 letters to spell, and i don't even know how i am achieving this?
Cheers

Well, you start with the J, followed by the U, then the R, and so on.

Oh, that's not what you were asking? If you mean how do you progress through the letters, then that's pretty straight forward. Each time you capture a dinosaur you illuminate a letter in sequence. Once JURASSIC PARK is fully spelled (progress as carried over from player to player and game to game) you then you hit a supply drop target to start Goat Mania mode. In Goat Mania you have 40 flips to score as many shots as you can based on amber shot values.

#12407 2 years ago

Installed the T-Rex mouth light mod and the back ramp light mod last night and I really like the subtle lighting it adds to the back part of the game. It's a nice little cheap mod that adds some nice mood changing lighting.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#12408 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Installed the T-Rex mouth light mod and the back ramp light mod last night and I really like the subtle lighting it adds to the back part of the game. It's a nice little cheap mod that adds some nice mood changing lighting.[quoted image]

Screenshot_20211210_144429_edit_343280365526784.jpgScreenshot_20211210_144429_edit_343280365526784.jpg
#12409 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

[quoted image]

"IAN ... FREEZE!"

#12410 2 years ago

My 3D printed topper w/ LED strip tied to backboard Flashers.

IMG_0817 (resized).jpgIMG_0817 (resized).jpg
#12411 2 years ago

Awesome Possum. At $8.99 has to be the cheapest mod I’ve ever installed. And it’s awesome

5B46BDFB-3EA5-4BCD-A1CE-13A3E021E9DE (resized).jpeg5B46BDFB-3EA5-4BCD-A1CE-13A3E021E9DE (resized).jpeg832D124C-E060-4BCC-8F1E-D1DEBFF6222E (resized).jpeg832D124C-E060-4BCC-8F1E-D1DEBFF6222E (resized).jpeg
#12412 2 years ago

I just made a how to post on quickly swapping SD cards with off the shelf parts for anyone wanting to swap between code versions. Also posted in the Premium/LE thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-how-to-quickly-swap-sd-cards#post-6649754

#12413 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Awesome Possum. At $8.99 has to be the cheapest mod I’ve ever installed. And it’s awesome
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have the link to the instructions on installing this mod? I still have mine packaged up and it's the last mod I have left to do and actually may have time today to do it.

#12414 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Do you have the link to the instructions on installing this mod? I still have mine packaged up and it's the last mod I have left to do and actually may have time today to do it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

#12416 2 years ago

Anybody know what increases a paddock bounty? I've had the game for 6 months and every so often something pops up on the screen that says paddock bounty increased and have no idea how I triggered it.

#12417 2 years ago

I’ll be picking up a JP Pro for my first home pin next week. I didn’t see anything discussed on the JP forum but has anyone upgraded the speaker system and if so, what do you recommend? I was looking at the Pinwoofer system. Thanks.

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I’ll be picking up a JP Pro for my first home pin next week. I didn’t see anything discussed on the JP forum but has anyone upgraded the speaker system and if so, what do you recommend? I was looking at the Pinwoofer system. Thanks.

Search function is your friend....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thumbs-up-for-the-pinwoofer-amp-and-speaker-kit

#12419 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

Congrats! This is one of the best games, I swear. I've owned premium in the past, but currently own a pro and am perfectly satisfied.

I upgraded my speaker system to Flipper Fidelity for the back box and cabinet. I also use Pinnovators board attachment (very easy to do, check out their website) and it comes with a wire that runs down the back box and out the bottom of your cabinet and then you hook to a sub (which sits on the floor underneath the cabinet of the game). They recommend the Polk 10-in sub, which I also use and it is a great sound package all together. Just the Pinnovators sub alone is a nice upgrade. Love it.

Don't forget to get a shaker with this game! It is so well integrated, and really adds to the experience of the game. I personally recommend the shaker from Pinball Life.

#12420 2 years ago

Thanks that was a lot easier than i expected it to be in all honesty. The hardest part was being able to drill through the holes and keeping it all lined up, especially since my drill is kinda fat and it was touching the metal pole. But once I got one hole down, it was easy to do the rest because it was held in place.

Still haven't tested mine out yet but will shortly. Had to run out right after I finished it.

#12421 2 years ago

Search "speakers" in the JP Prem/LE thread also.

#12422 2 years ago

Sometimes I will get what appears to be a random knock sound in my game but it always happens when I’m combining off of the right upper flipper orbit into a tower shot or something. Anyone know what triggers that and what it means?

#12423 2 years ago

Thanks, Tantrum! I painted that bottom piece too. Well written!

16393298691615884039869734235877 (resized).jpg16393298691615884039869734235877 (resized).jpg

16393299487965044125069139680068 (resized).jpg16393299487965044125069139680068 (resized).jpg
#12424 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

Just get a pinnovator sub kit and a powered subwoofer. The pinnovator spike II kit is $35 and get a powered sub on Craig or a Polk S10. Makes a big difference and cheaper. I did them to all my stern pins. The pin is not a hi end 7.2 sound system.

#12425 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Sometimes I will get what appears to be a random knock sound in my game but it always happens when I’m combining off of the right upper flipper orbit into a tower shot or something. Anyone know what triggers that and what it means?

I assume you're not talking about the the replay/match knocker - right? There is an up-post in the top of the orbit, such that a ball going up the right orbit will be blocked by the up-post (if the truck is facing right) and diverted into the pops. So maybe the up-post firing is the noise you are hearing - if you wanted to confirm you could take some videos of you playing where by the camera is pointed at the upper PF section and the up-post is visible, once you hear the noise replay the section of video to confirm if the up-post was activated.

#12426 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I assume you're not talking about the the replay/match knocker - right? There is an up-post in the top of the orbit, such that a ball going up the right orbit will be blocked by the up-post (if the truck is facing right) and diverted into the pops. So maybe the up-post firing is the noise you are hearing - if you wanted to confirm you could take some videos of you playing where by the camera is pointed at the upper PF section and the up-post is visible, once you hear the noise replay the section of video to confirm if the up-post was activated.

Yeah I know what you are referring to as far as the post that pops up.

This always seems to happen like when I hit a shot on the right upper flipper and it goes to the left orbit back around to the right upper flipper and I combo into something either the tower or another left orbit. I rarely get 2 orbits in a row but I think I've done it randomly. And when the sound happens it's the knocker sound that happens when you get a match. That really loud knock sound.

I just have no clue why it happens at that time or what triggers it and I've only had it happen a handful of times.

I don't THINK the up post going up makes that sound though does it? And that thing goes up a lot more than the times I've heard this happen.

#12427 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah I know what you are referring to as far as the post that pops up.
This always seems to happen like when I hit a shot on the right upper flipper and it goes to the left orbit back around to the right upper flipper and I combo into something either the tower or another left orbit. I rarely get 2 orbits in a row but I think I've done it randomly. And when the sound happens it's the knocker sound that happens when you get a match. That really loud knock sound.
I just have no clue why it happens at that time or what triggers it and I've only had it happen a handful of times.
I don't THINK the up post going up makes that sound though does it? And that thing goes up a lot more than the times I've heard this happen.

If it's the knocker then it is for achieving a replay (a free game) - the game will have a replay value and when you reach that score the knocker will fire and you'll get "Replay" displayed on the screen. Is your game set to Free Play or do you have to put on credits (eg use coins or add credits to the machine) to play?

#12428 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If it's the knocker then it is for achieving a replay (a free game) - the game will have a replay value and when you reach that score the knocker will fire and you'll get "Replay" displayed on the screen. Is your game set to Free Play or do you have to put on credits (eg use coins or add credits to the machine) to play?

Oooooh okay that could explain it lol. It's on free play so maybe that is why I'm not noticing anything. That could also explain why it's "random" and when I'm doing something that gives me a high score. I'm pretty sure I've seen it say that you get a replay when you get like 125 million or something like that, and I've only passed that probably 10-12 times or so, which seems to be about how many times I've heard the random knock.

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, Tantrum! I painted that bottom piece too. Well written!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How did you get the tire on the keep without it hitting against the wire form when you play? I was one of the first to do this but now I see others actually including the tire which is awesome. Lmk

#12430 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

My 3D printed topper w/ LED strip tied to backboard Flashers.
[quoted image]

OMFG I don't want to be anywhere near that game when someone nudges that off and it drops on the glass

#12431 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did you get the tire on the keep without it hitting against the wire form when you play? I was one of the first to do this but now I see others actually including the tire which is awesome. Lmk

According to his post, he followed my step-by-step instructions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

#12432 2 years ago
Quoted from jwalton:

Well, this is an exciting place to get my ball stuck.

I thought the dinos in JP couldn't reproduce, but this raptor obviously laid a silver egg!

#12433 2 years ago

I did follow these. And I was wondering why I had to place it so that metal piece is showing but I didn't want to have to do it twice
Didn't even think about the tire hitting, but with it installed this way, there are no clearance issues. I was almost going to cut that piece of metal down but feared it would change the weight and/or action of the car moving. It actually looks pretty sharp with just a quick hit of spray paint.

#12434 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

OMFG I don't want to be anywhere near that game when someone nudges that off and it drops on the glass

It's secured by two very strong magnetic strips

#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I did follow these. And I was wondering why I had to place it so that metal piece is showing but I didn't want to have to do it twice
Didn't even think about the tire hitting, but with it installed this way, there are no clearance issues. I was almost going to cut that piece of metal down but feared it would change the weight and/or action of the car moving. It actually looks pretty sharp with just a quick hit of spray paint.

I too assumed it would throw off the center of gravity and cause rotation issues. I did paint the back of my bracket black, and now I don't even notice it. Definitely the way to go.

#12436 2 years ago

Got my red spring today and installed it in the amber shooting rod and it's night/day difference. It is almost TOO fast lol but I like how little effort is now needed and will be more fun for my son and nephews now.

Original orange spring

Red spring

#12437 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Can anyone confirm that the nut size is on the right outlane post is that you can adjust? I have a few parts off of mine right now where I have access to use a mechanic/combination wrench to unscrew it so I can move the post to where I want to move it, however I don't have the right tool.
I am guessing it is 1/4" based on the size and I just looked through the manual and didn't see any mention of it. Anyone know for sure what size it is?
I am referring to the post below.[quoted image]

I used a flex-head ratcheting wrench for this. It is slow going, only a few clicks per turn, but you'll get there.

flex-head_ratcheting_wrench (resized).pngflex-head_ratcheting_wrench (resized).png
#12438 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

I used a flex-head ratcheting wrench for this. It is slow going, only a few clicks per turn, but you'll get there.[quoted image]

Yep that is what I ended up using myself too. Not one that flexes like that but similar.

#12439 2 years ago

I have attached toppers with rare earth magnets, and good luck getting them to move an inch. Just as strong as screwing into the backbox (which I wouldn't want to do).

Quoted from acedanger:

It's secured by two very strong magnetic strips

#12440 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have attached toppers with rare earth magnets, and good luck getting them to move an inch. Just as strong as screwing into the backbox (which I wouldn't want to do).

Yup... plus the 3D print isn't that heavy maybe 3.5lbs but I've shaked the hell out of it & it doesn't budge.

#12441 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

You use something like this with the adhesive that comes with them?

https://www.amazon.com/LOVIMAG-Powerful-Neodymium-Magnets-Rare-Earth

#12442 2 years ago

Quick rules question. Closest I’ve been to the visitor center… Do you have to capture the Raptors to get to visitor center or will they escape after eating x amount of rescues and still progress to visitor center? I was at Raptor paddock with helipad lit and drained

#12443 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Quick rules question. Closest I’ve been to the visitor center… Do you have to capture the Raptors to get to visitor center or will they escape after eating x amount of rescues and still progress to visitor center? I was at Raptor paddock with helipad lit and drained

Similar to the other paddocks they'll escape and then you can get to VC

#12444 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Similar to the other paddocks they'll escape and then you can get to VC

Ahh I should have just waited!

#12445 2 years ago

I still have yet to make it to a 3rd paddock.

One thing I really have no clue how to do is nudge properly and I get a lot of drains down the middle, and I also get a lot of just random ass bounces that make it go directly down the drain very fast or one of the outlanes. This game can be so frustrating but the fact that it plays fast means that I can start up a new game fairly quickly.

I've also only ever gotten 1 fossil and I think it was because I completed one of the T-rex events. It wasn't the multiball either it was one of the other 2. Every damn control room mini game I get into I always drain it before finishing. And I've never attempted more than 1 control room event in a single game.

But this game is like god damn crack and once I start it's very hard for me to stop playing.

#12446 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I still have yet to make it to a 3rd paddock.
One thing I really have no clue how to do is nudge properly and I get a lot of drains down the middle, and I also get a lot of just random ass bounces that make it go directly down the drain very fast or one of the outlanes. This game can be so frustrating but the fact that it plays fast means that I can start up a new game fairly quickly.
I've also only ever gotten 1 fossil and I think it was because I completed one of the T-rex events. It wasn't the multiball either it was one of the other 2. Every damn control room mini game I get into I always drain it before finishing. And I've never attempted more than 1 control room event in a single game.
But this game is like god damn crack and once I start it's very hard for me to stop playing.

Check out this awesome video from a fellow pinsider on how to nudge properly. He’s done a few video on pinball playing tips to improve your game:

I would also recommend watching the elite players (IFPA Top 100). Watch what they do during tournaments and try to imitate it. Watch how much control they have over the ball and what they do to regain control. When you drain a ball, ask yourself “why did that ball drain in the first place?” Another great website for content is :

Pinballvideos.com

Go to the “players” section and search for pros like Keith Elwin, Colin McAlpine, Raymond Davidson, Eric Stone. These are the best of the best at pinball. I love watching these guys play, I learn so much just by watching them. I’m a visual learner so I also apply this method to learn a games ruleset.

JP3 Is the hardest of Elwins 4 so far but it’s very rewarding. I’ve never had more slingshot to outlane drains than on this game. Always set an intention when playing your machine, don’t just flip blinding without a goal.

Just focus on improving one aspect at the game at a time. Maybe your goal will be to work on the helipad shot? Maybe just focus on completing t-Rex modes, or just focus on rescues? This is what I’ve been doing to up my game after being in the hobby for a year and half, hopefully it helps!

#12447 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Check out this awesome video from a fellow pinsider on how to nudge properly. He’s done a few video on pinball playing tips to improve your game:

I would also recommend watching the elite players (IFPA Top 100). Watch what they do during tournaments and try to imitate it. Watch how much control they have over the ball and what they do to regain control. When you drain a ball, ask yourself “why did that ball drain in the first place?” Another great website for content is :
Pinballvideos.com
Go to the “players” section and search for pros like Keith Elwin, Colin McAlpine, Raymond Davidson, Eric Stone. These are the best of the best at pinball. I love watching these guys play, I learn so much just by watching them. I’m a visual learner so I also apply this method to learn a games ruleset.
JP3 Is the hardest of Elwins 4 so far but it’s very rewarding. I’ve never had more slingshot to outlane drains than on this game. Always set an intention when playing your machine, don’t just flip blinding without a goal.
Just focus on improving one aspect at the game at a time. Maybe your goal will be to work on the helipad shot? Maybe just focus on completing t-Rex modes, or just focus on rescues? This is what I’ve been doing to up my game after being in the hobby for a year and half, hopefully it helps!

Thanks I had actually seen that video before and everything shown just looks so easy/natural for that dude lol. I think my main problem is also literally just practicing it and once I "get" it, it will just click and feel natural. I just went through some of his other tutorial videos and they are pretty helpful as well.

I browsed through his super secret wizard mode video and he just makes the game look way too easy lol.

I will also check out the players videos you are referring to I haven't looked at anything there yet.

#12448 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got my red spring today and installed it in the amber shooting rod and it's night/day difference. It is almost TOO fast lol but I like how little effort is now needed and will be more fun for my son and nephews now.
Original orange spring
Red spring

Where did you get your red spring?

#12449 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where did you get your red spring?

Got it from eBay because it was much cheaper shipped than getting it from one of the main stores.

ebay.com link: itm

That was the exact one I purchased.

#12450 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got it from eBay because it was much cheaper shipped than getting it from one of the main stores.
ebay.com link: itm
That was the exact one I purchased.

Thanks! Ordered. Does not list Stern...but appears to work fine for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,999.99
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 21,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.