(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 426.
#12251 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern released updated code today!!

It’s mainly for insider connect but I really like it on my GZ. It would be fun to have on all my sterns

#12252 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Am guessing this will brick the movie code..??

#12253 2 years ago

GOAT MANIA!!! for everyone with the new code update...

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/goat-mania

#12254 2 years ago

Yup definitely need an updated movie code to go along with the connected update

#12255 2 years ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

GOAT MANIA!!! for everyone with the new code update...

You have to have the IC system installed

#12256 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You have to have the IC system installed

You cant even buy it can you?

#12257 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Looks like mostly insider stuff and a few non-eventful changes. Personally, I'm not interested in upgrading for these features vs. losing custom code.

Here are release notes for Premium/LE versions: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/jurassic_park-1_05_0-README_LE.txt

#12258 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Not yet.

#12259 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Operators are getting their kits next month I believe. Home users will start receiving their kits in Q1 2022.

You can preorder the IC kits right now.

#12260 2 years ago

So if I'm reading the README correctly, you have to have the IC thing in your Pro in order for Goat Mania to be unlocked without the topper?

That is extremely lame if that is the case.

#12261 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So if I'm reading the README correctly, you have to have the IC thing in your Pro in order for Goat Mania to be unlocked without the topper?
That is extremely lame if that is the case.

I get that, but the mode was locked behind an expensive topper before today and now it’s locked behind a $200 connected kit that lets you do even more with game.

#12262 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Operators are getting their kits next month I believe. Home users will start receiving their kits in Q1 2022.
You can preorder the IC kits right now.

Where can you preorder....not seeing it on the Stern site..?

#12263 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where can you preorder....not seeing it on the Stern site..?

Flip and out has them available to pre order

#12264 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I get that, but the mode was locked behind an expensive topper before today and now it’s locked behind a $200 connected kit that lets you do even more with game.

As a home user I don't really have any interest in the IC stuff. It's not an even playing field so the scores aren't even really comparable. People can "cheat" so easily if they want to be at the top of the leaderboards. I just don't have interest in it as a home user.

I just spent nearly $7k on this and they are basically nickel and diming me to now get this other mode. I just find it pretty crappy.

I'm also getting a Tilt Topper because they look 100x better than the official Stern ones and they are less than half the price.

#12265 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

As a home user I don't really have any interest in the IC stuff. It's not an even playing field so the scores aren't even really comparable. People can "cheat" so easily if they want to be at the top of the leaderboards. I just don't have interest in it as a home user.
I just spent nearly $7k on this and they are basically nickel and diming me to now get this other mode. I just find it pretty crappy.
I'm also getting a Tilt Topper because they look 100x better than the official Stern ones and they are less than half the price.

I agree that score based comparisons aren't really valid, but I do find the achievements to be interesting, as well as stuff like "who can capture T-Rex fastest?". It's a good concept, and it will be interesting to see how it develops. I'm not loving stuff like Goat Mania and Can I Play With Madness (for imdn pro) being a part of it, but at the same time it's a lot cheaper than buying a topper or upgrading my IMDN to a premium if I want those modes. Double edged sword for sure....and will likely lead to more "DLC". I do not hate DLC on principle. If a game is 100% complete and not "missing" anything, I am all for adding additional stuff later that would have never been there otherwise. But if things are purposely held back in order to charge for it later, that sucks. In pinball terms I guess I would be ok with paying for stuff like the challenge modes, but if say the Control Room modes were held back and charged for as an upgrade later, that would suck. I'm torn on things like Goat Mania. It really isn't crucial to the game in any way, and was pretty obviously an add-on, so I guess of all things to be treated this way, that's not terrible. I don't know...again it will depend on how this develops.

#12266 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Quoted from Happy81724:

Flip n out has them available to pre order

Do note that these are pre order as their site says. I have one on pre-order and thought Stern might release these sooner but Zach confirmed today that kits for home users won't ship out till 2022. Those that run locations should get them soon, but if you run a location and were interested in IC you probably already knew that.

#12267 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like mostly insider stuff and a few non-eventful changes. Personally, I'm not interested in upgrading for these features vs. losing custom code.
Here are release notes for Premium/LE versions: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/jurassic_park-1_05_0-README_LE.txt

Just in case you want a quick read here...

V1.5.0 - November 18th, 2021
============================
- Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com/
- Goat Mania - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC
- Goat Mania - without a Topper this mode will now start on the 5th Super Supply Drop
- Goat Mania - with a Topper this mode will only start via Topper Letter collection as usual

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" only when a topper is not connected, default to YES
- override "TOPPER LETTERS START GOAT MANIA" to NO for competition mode

- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec

- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.

- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.

- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.

- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use

- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#12268 2 years ago

Mine showed up today just in time for Thanksgiving. It already has the insider connected thing in it I believe. Wasn’t able to look inside when I unloaded it. I’ll check it out tonight.

A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpegA7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
#12269 2 years ago

Mine also came today. Scary moment when I saw the box. Thankfully the decal is super minor scuffed in a small spot you’ll never see. More annoying is the giant scratch in the decal that had to come form the factory. Oh well, new decal on the way. Jurassic Park in da house!
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpegBA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpegBA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg

6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
#12270 2 years ago

Is there a setting I can change to make T. rex multiball require a shot into the mouth to start? I don’t like that I can “accidentally” start mb by just hitting the T. rex

#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a setting I can change to make T. rex multiball require a shot into the mouth to start? I don’t like that I can “accidentally” start mb by just hitting the T. rex

Yes, there’s a setting for that. This is from a post I made in the Prem/LE thread awhile back.

- “there's a setting in the menu that allows a T-Rex mode to start without the ball being caught. Go into the menu system and select "Adj" and then "Game" and scroll to Feature Adjustment #23 T-Rex Event Starts on Ramp Enter”

I don’t know if it’s still the same adjustment number but it’ll probably be around there somewhere and you can see if the setting is on or off.

#12272 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Speaking of Tilt Topper, I’m also waiting on one which I ordered in April but last update I got from Dan 2 months ago said they expected shipping in 10 days and no word yet. Has anybody gotten theirs recently or got an update?

EDIT: Just heard back from Tilt Topper and it is ready to go! So excited, I think this topper looks great!! Thank you Dan!

#12273 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mine also came today. Scary moment when I saw the box. Thankfully the decal is super minor scuffed in a small spot you’ll never see. More annoying is the giant scratch in the decal that had to come form the factory. Oh well, new decal on the way. Jurassic Park in da house!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not only did you get a fresh JP prem but you also have IC which the rest of us have to wait till Jan to get retro kits.

#12274 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yup definitely need an updated movie code to go along with the connected update

Updated movie code will not come out considering once your machine is connected to the internet, stern can detect it easily and who knows what they will do. If you’re running any modified code I strongly suggest NOT connecting to the internet. This means ever - doesn’t matter if you disconnect, they could easily be logging you so when you connect again, you’re toast.

On a sep note, anyone have a good tutorial video for this game? I still feel like after all this time, I still don’t understand everything.

#12275 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated movie code will not come out considering once your machine is connected to the internet, stern can detect it easily and who knows what they will do. If you’re running any modified code I strongly suggest NOT connecting to the internet. This means ever - doesn’t matter if you disconnect, they could easily be logging you so when you connect again, you’re toast.
On a sep note, anyone have a good tutorial video for this game? I still feel like after all this time, I still don’t understand everything.

I started researching an SD card switcher to swap between code versions. Has anyone tried this?

#12276 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I started researching an SD card switcher to swap between code versions. Has anyone tried this?

That would be cool. Not that it's hard to just change out the sd card, but it would be awesome if it was just an adjustment or flick of a switch.

#12277 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That would be cool. Not that it's hard to just change out the sd card, but it would be awesome if it was just an adjustment or flick of a switch.

Exactly. The extensions are relatively short that I found. It would be easy to open the speaker panel and swap out the card. Even better would be a switch in the coin door. There are switchers available that people use for Raspberry Pi, I don't see why they wouldn't work in this application.

#12278 2 years ago

Added a trough light tonight. I chose to go with amber because I thought it would fit the theme. I like how it turned out.

EDIT:

For some reason it looks a lot more red in this picture than in person.

IMG_5670 (resized).JPGIMG_5670 (resized).JPG

#12279 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

They would need to update custom to latest code because of the firmware updates on boards. Uphill battle I doubt anyone will try at risk of being hardware banned from stern for security reasons.

#12280 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There’s a ton of twitch and YouTube videos. It’s pretty straight forward path to visitor center with some optional side tasks like raptor pit, control room, and trex modes.

#12281 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You can swap but if you’re connected to the internet, even if you’re playing on stock they likely are logging and can detect when you had the custom playing. My point is just Bc the stock is installed when connected online doesn’t avoid Stern being able to detect you.

#12282 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You can swap but if you’re connected to the internet, even if you’re playing on stock they likely are logging and can detect when you had the custom playing. My point is just Bc the stock is installed when connected online doesn’t avoid Stern being able to detect you.

It may not be as clear about which sequence of card swaps is detectable now that Stern has apparently decided to "do something". Although anything is possible, I would guess that once you run the newest 1.05 code, they may now leave some remnant in the cpu flash ram or downloaded to the RS485 connected node boards that carries over between card swaps and can subsequently be detected and cause problems if you attempt to go back to any unauthorized earlier version. The net results (I suspect) is that anyone can upgrade to v1.05 regardless of whether you had previously run ANY authorized or unauthorized version of 1.03... just don't go back to any earlier version of the gamecode after running 1.05.

But this is just my guess. I am sure more clarity will arrive as owners do the upgrades and a few folks start becoming connected to the internet.

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

U

Same here....I have tried to go through the "rules sheet" but get lost......

#12284 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Have you checked this one out? Keith does a great job at explaining the basic rule set:

#12285 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same here....I have tried to go through the "rules sheet" but get lost......

If you think this ruleset is complex, you should check out the AIQ ruleset LOL

#12286 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It may not be as clear about which sequence of card swaps is detectable now that Stern has apparently decided to "do something". Although anything is possible, I would guess that once you run the newest 1.05 code, they may now leave some remnant in the cpu flash ram or downloaded to the RS485 connected node boards that carries over between card swaps and can subsequently be detected and cause problems if you attempt to go back to any unauthorized earlier version. The net results (I suspect) is that anyone can upgrade to v1.05 regardless of whether you had previously run ANY authorized or unauthorized version of 1.03... just don't go back to any earlier version of the gamecode after running 1.05.
But this is just my guess. I am sure more clarity will arrive as owners do the upgrades and a few folks start becoming connected to the internet.

I have no intention of updating code. I just think it would be cool to easily switch( on the coindoor) between stock code and movie code. Lazy? Yep!

#12287 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If you think this ruleset is complex, you should check out the AIQ ruleset LOL

I just scanned it......HOLY CRAP

#12288 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is also a written rulesheet on the Tilt forums.

#12289 2 years ago

Agreed. I’m glad they didn’t make any changes I feel would be missed. There is no way I wanna go back to the original code without the movie stuff.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

#12290 2 years ago

After playing my pin over a few days I have a couple of questions for you all.

1. I set my angle to 7 degrees right at the flippers based on what people said in here. The upper playfield is more like 6.5 or so. I think it had 0.0 or 0.1 as far as the side angle went. However the yellow level along the shooter side is like way off. Even when I had it at 6.5 down in the flipper area it was still way off. Is this normal?

2. I am getting A TON of balls just randomly bouncing into the gutters. To the point it is kind of frustrating sometimes because it's completely out of my control. I'm not good enough yet to nudge the machine to do what I want so I know I have to work on that, but I'm talking more like when things are moving fast and it bounces off something and just goes right down one of the side gutters. What am I doing so wrong? Is this related to the 7 degree angle making things faster or something?

3. Are there any adjustments that are recommended to this game or things to do to it immediately upon playing? I did put a shooter protector in there before I ever played a ball since it was simple. I have other mods too but I mean more along the lines of settings to change or must have protector type mods. The only adjustments I made are never erase high scores, 10 characters instead of 3 for initials, and put it in free play.

Think that is it for now, thanks.

#12291 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

1. I set my angle to 7 degrees right at the flippers based on what people said in here. The upper playfield is more like 6.5 or so. I think it had 0.0 or 0.1 as far as the side angle went. However the yellow level along the shooter side is like way off. Even when I had it at 6.5 down in the flipper area it was still way off. Is this normal?
2. I am getting A TON of balls just randomly bouncing into the gutters. To the point it is kind of frustrating sometimes because it's completely out of my control. I'm not good enough yet to nudge the machine to do what I want so I know I have to work on that, but I'm talking more like when things are moving fast and it bounces off something and just goes right down one of the side gutters. What am I doing so wrong? Is this related to the 7 degree angle making things faster or something?
3. Are there any adjustments that are recommended to this game or things to do to it immediately upon playing? I did put a shooter protector in there before I ever played a ball since it was simple. I have other mods too but I mean more along the lines of settings to change or must have protector type mods. The only adjustments I made are never erase high scores, 10 characters instead of 3 for initials, and put it in free play.

1. The yellow level is useless. Ignore it. You adjusted it the right way with the right tool and at the correct pitch (for this game).

2. Yes outlanes can be brutal. You can adjust the outlanes and close them up a bit. If you look at the the plastic posts on the outside edges of the outlanes, you will see there are 3 holes they can be screwed in. Move them to the lowest spot (towards the player) and this will close off the outlanes a bit more than factory settings. It won't be a dramatic difference but should be slightly better. Just like your flipper skills will improve, you will get better at nudging the more you play. Nudging is part of pinball.

3. I've adjusted mine like you mentioned. I also changed the tilt warning to 3, and adjusted the tilt debounce setting.

#12292 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Too steep I believe

#12293 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Too steep I believe

7 degrees for pitch is actually the preferred setup as noted by Keith Elwin in this thread.

#12294 2 years ago

Every pin plays a little different gotta just fight with it to dial it in. Try 6.8 after re level use ball to see if it’s pulling either way. Good-luck!!

i just ordered my IC I’m in the minority I’m not too crazy about movie code version.

#12295 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Change the trough eject power to 170ish, this will protect your shooter lane too. Plastic protectors are always good and can add some style as a bonus. I don't have a full set just slings and lanes. Not sure if you put premium balls in when you got it but personally I'd switch out the Stern balls for some new premium ones.

Other settings are really up to you. If you're finding it so hard you're not enjoying yourself, up the number of balls, change the settings to easy or even extra easy, add extra ball as a replay instead of credit, increase ball save times, there's loads you can play with in settings. Don't let other people tell you you have to play on 3 balls and not change the other settings, you paid a lot of money for the machine, set it up however you want, whatever makes it most fun for you!

#12296 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

1. Don't worry about the bubble level on the side. If you are able to hit the "C" and "S" shots consistently then there the PF pitch is good, but if after a period of time you are still struggling you can try adjusting the angle (eg by 0.1) and see if that improves the ease and consistency of making the shots. Sometimes adjusting the pitch can help making the tower shot (in which case it's a matter of getting the best balance between the upper and lower flipper shots) however there are other factors that come into play on the tower shot that you should look at if struggling with that shot before looking to alter to PF pitch.

2. The slings can be quite aggressive on JP, so if you are getting lots of outlane drains off the slings you can dial down the sling power in the settings - some owners have posted about this previously. Also if the slings are overly sensitive you can slightly widen the gap on the sling switches, although I'd start with lowering the power first.

3. While you have installed a shooter lane protector, I'd still lower the trough kickout power to it's minimal setting. You may need to make other adjustments to dial in your game but each machine is different, so adjustments will be based on issues you encounter - quite often you'll find the issue has previously been encountered, so try searching the two JP threads on how the problem was fixed

#12297 2 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow and packing up but I'm hoping to get some time later with it and will check out those adjustment settings for the trough kickout power and the slings possibly. I did see the other holes to move the posts and was going to play around with that possibly.

It's just strange when I went to a guys house to check his out and I missed out on buying it, the one game I played was like my best ever and was 225 million. I wasn't getting the random drains or anything like I do now. I'm going to hit him up and see if he remembers those settings.

#12298 2 years ago

So I moved the post on the left but couldn't figure out how to do the one on the right. I'll have to check the manual when I get back in town about that one.

#12299 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So I moved the post on the left but couldn't figure out how to do the one on the right. I'll have to check the manual when I get back in town about that one.

Set dna to extra ball on 3 and study the dna shots. Focus on the 6 escapes for extra ball. Shake the shit out of the machine anytime it goes to the right outlane. Learn how to relight the left outline save.

For outlanes, consider some post genies, cheap and will tighten the outlanes.

#12300 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It may not be as clear about which sequence of card swaps is detectable now that Stern has apparently decided to "do something".

Has Stern decided to "do something"? Or is this a theoretical "Stern might try to do something"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/246 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.