(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 427.
#12151 2 years ago

What makes the bumpers decide to light the lite rescue target? Sometimes I shoot the ball in the bumpers because I want to relight rescue, but it doesn't light the lite rescue target.

#12152 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I actually recommend orange posts with the warm white Comet star post lights. I'm getting close to seeing if there is enough interest for me to do another round of the sling dino eye lighting and was going to offer an option where I included the pieces for post lighting too.
[quoted image]

I would be interested in that mod too

#12153 2 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

What makes the bumpers decide to light the lite rescue target? Sometimes I shoot the ball in the bumpers because I want to relight rescue, but it doesn't light the lite rescue target.

From Tilt forums:

Escape (Left Outlane Save)
The far left Lite Escape standup is lit via the rollover at the top entrance to the pop bumper area. With default settings, this is initially lit for 20 seconds, and if claimed within that time period, will light the Escape virtual ball save in the left outlane. The Lite Escape 20 second timer decreases by 4 seconds each subsequent time it is lit, down to a minimum of 6 seconds.

Depending on settings, Escape will be already be lit in the L outlane at the beginning of each ball (easy), at the beginning of ball one only (medium), or not at the beginning of any ball (hard/competition).

One of the Smart Missile and Super Supply Drop awards is “Super Escape”, which lights Escape for the rest of the ball (specifically, the escape target when the ball save is not lit). This is REALLY helpful to have during Multiball.

#12154 2 years ago

Joining the club on Monday with a really nice modded pro. Any critical mods I should add? It has quite a few.

Also getting Godzilla on Monday so it’s going to be a great Monday!

07CEE09A-5FA7-4D68-897D-80CDE2F081BA (resized).jpeg07CEE09A-5FA7-4D68-897D-80CDE2F081BA (resized).jpeg12DD6CB7-36F0-45A9-8797-7AE4010B0957 (resized).jpeg12DD6CB7-36F0-45A9-8797-7AE4010B0957 (resized).jpeg1E10FC0D-95DB-4860-AD41-633E8332F4CB (resized).jpeg1E10FC0D-95DB-4860-AD41-633E8332F4CB (resized).jpeg51885212-0F63-4B30-A9D0-1A0A2BDCD495 (resized).jpeg51885212-0F63-4B30-A9D0-1A0A2BDCD495 (resized).jpegB847B8FC-4A78-4D87-AC2B-D8F35AB9DF4D (resized).jpegB847B8FC-4A78-4D87-AC2B-D8F35AB9DF4D (resized).jpeg
#12155 2 years ago

How do people like the amber shooter rod? I've always liked the look, but missed out on picking one up before. For those that have it, would you buy it again?

#12156 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

How do people like the amber shooter rod? I've always liked the look, but missed out on picking one up before. For those that have it, would you buy it again?

Get it. Just the way it feels in the hand is worth it. Plus it’s synced with the lighting in the game during modes etc.

315AE957-3F47-4304-9916-522DDC77FF1A (resized).jpeg315AE957-3F47-4304-9916-522DDC77FF1A (resized).jpegE55E7EF8-B041-4CE8-A137-DFB84B1B46D3 (resized).jpegE55E7EF8-B041-4CE8-A137-DFB84B1B46D3 (resized).jpeg
#12157 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It’s the only custom shooter rod I’ve considered. I think it is an awesome addition to the game!

#12158 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I wouldn’t want to be without it. Love the heavy feel, the quality is great, and theme integration is excellent.

#12159 2 years ago

<blockquote cite= Any critical mods I should add? It has quite a few.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Light up that shooter!

#12160 2 years ago

Got my first ultra super skill shot tonight. Made an otherwise terrible game so worth it! But made the drain all the more dissatisfying.

Is it my imagination or did ultra super skill shot auto enable pteranodon? I swear that’s what I experienced!

#12161 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Got my first ultra super skill shot tonight. Made an otherwise terrible game so worth it! But made the drain all the more dissatisfying.
Is it my imagination or did ultra super skill shot auto enable pteranodon? I swear that’s what I experienced!

What’s the sequence? Trex shot then right ramp then inner loop then watchtower?

#12162 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

What’s the sequence? Trex shot then right ramp then inner loop then watchtower?

Trex ramp -> right ramp -> Tower -> right orbit

#12163 2 years ago

Hit 520 for the first time yesterday, and had a big invalid frenzy for 200ish. Would have done even better but my lovely wife came and started talking to me while I was in the zone. Is there a consensus which paddock path is the best? I've been going up the left side for the most part so far.

#12164 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Hit 520 for the first time yesterday, and had a big invalid frenzy for 200ish. Would have done even better but my lovely wife came and started talking to me while I was in the zone. Is there a consensus which paddock path is the best? I've been going up the left side for the most part so far.

The path with no interruptions

#12165 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The path with no interruptions

I hear that lol

#12166 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

My high is 1.3b and still haven’t got through the Dino’s. I’m tending to go for T. rex for the extra ball. It’s actually not that hard to get, you just have to focus on it.

I got the control room mini wizard mode for the first time the other day. I’d you have the tim stiles video/Audio upgrade it’s a must to get to this mode.

#12167 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

My high is 1.3b and still haven’t got through the Dino’s. I’m tending to go for T. rex for the extra ball. It’s actually not that hard to get, you just have to focus on it.
I got the control room mini wizard mode for the first time the other day. I’d you have the tim stiles video/Audio upgrade it’s a must to get to this mode.

I’ve had my game over 2 years. Last week I just saw museum mayhem for the first time (and managed to complete it successfully). It was also the first time I got to start escape nublar in real play and not as a challenge mode. I was too excited and hyper to do well.. i usually do it successfully about 75% of the time in challenge mode lol.. Didn’t even get on high score list lol. It was about 1.5b

I love that this game still has things to discover after all that time. I thing my GC score is around 2.4b.

#12168 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'd buy it 100 more times. It is fan-f'n-tastic in every way.

#12169 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

How do you qualify the trex extra ball? I usually go for the rescue EB

#12170 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

How do you qualify the trex extra ball? I usually go for the rescue EB

Six Extra Balls can be collected in this game, through the following methods:

Lights Extra Ball at the right ramp:
Collecting 6 Rescues
Collecting 6 DNA combos (operator-adjustable)

Instantly awards Extra Ball:
Successfully capturing the T-Rex
The “Extra Ball” Smart Missile award
Completing Fossil Set 2
Collecting the fifth Super Supply Drop

If EB’s set to points, they score 15M (which can be doubled).

#12171 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The reason the amber shooter rod with LEDs from Stern is so amazing, is it is integrated into the software. The LEDs do different things depending on the mode and situation. They blink, pulse, dim, all by themselves.

Get the Stern original with the lighted plate and never look back!

#12172 2 years ago

Yeah I don't even have my machine yet but got my amber shooter rod yesterday and it is even cooler in person. Being my very first pin and also shooter, I was surprised at how much weight it has.

zCT7jYz (resized).jpgzCT7jYz (resized).jpg
#12173 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah I don't even have my machine yet but got my amber shooter rod yesterday and it is even cooler in person. Being my very first pin and also shooter, I was surprised at how much weight it has.
[quoted image]

Do yourself a favor and mark the outside edges of the original shooter plate on the outside of the cabinet with blue painters tape before you remove the plate. Then you can install the new plate exactly in the same spot. (This will save you a bunch of ball center shooter tip alignment tweaking afterwards)

#12174 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Super random question. Has anyone on the latest stock 1.03 code heard "Super Tranq armed and ready / Super Tranquilizer Ready" but the tranquilizer isn't actually enabled aka the action button doesn't light and you don't actually have a tranq to use?

BUMP since it looks like my question got lost in the mix...

#12175 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yep.

Sometimes the callouts and videos get stacked and backed up but yes, I’ve had this happen before. There’s also a bug in the “shoot the set trap targets” callout being queued one rescue before the actual set trap targets are available - happens to me on the Spinosaur paddock mostly that I’ve noticed. I imagine it’s a bug as well.

#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I am interested in the following mods and wondering if someone can point me to the places to get them if possible.
- Amber shooter

I like my amber shooter from ModFather: https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

PXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpgPXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpg
#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I assume this will have Insider Connected and a new version of software to support it. I guess they haven’t released the software widely yet since no retrofit kits are available?
Glad you got one before the price increase. My DP Premium is still projected before year end. Hopefully I am as lucky.

Not sure if this is anecdotal but he might be a lucky one. I just got word my December run was pushed back to April. This is the second distro it’s happened to me with as well :/

#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The reason the amber shooter rod with LEDs from Stern is so amazing, is it is integrated into the software. The LEDs do different things depending on the mode and situation. They blink, pulse, dim, all by themselves.
Get the Stern original with the lighted plate and never look back!

Is this one the same as the Stern one..?

#12179 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Doesn't look like it is based on the pics.

I could be wrong but it doesn't appear to have any lighting integrated into it.

And based on the price being nearly half the MSRP of the Stern one, I'd say it's not the official one.

#12180 2 years ago

Just a friendly reminder to those with Pro models that one of the easiest upgrades you can make to your machine is to replace the cheap looking pops with real pop covers. See below for the comparison. The only pain is removing the right ramp which can be done with 3 screws on top and 2 nuts underneath the playfield. You will also need longer screws for the new pops as the original pop screws are not longer enough.

Make sure to get Orange pops and not Amber(too dark):
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-pop-bumper-caps.html

You'll need 6 of these screws (3/4"):
https://www.pinballlife.com/bumper-cap-screws.html

And while you have everything off, might as well put some titan rubbers on there to replace the cheap stock black ones! I like clear for everything except the posts and flipper rubbers. For those I went with Green. Make sure for posts you get the "stern slim tapered".

JP_pops_1 (resized).jpgJP_pops_1 (resized).jpgJP_pops_2 (resized).jpgJP_pops_2 (resized).jpg
#12181 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The MODfather shooter rod is JUST the shooter rod. It's great, but the lighted plate is not included. The STERN original shooter rod 'kit' comes with the lighted LEDs mounted in the plate and the cables to connect to the cabinet node board. The LEDs are interactive to the software. A year ago, I bought the MODfather rod, and then modified a stock plate to add the LEDs. I posted details on how to do that if you wish. It's alot of work but if you are handy, and can't buy a STERN original due to availability, it yields the same results.

#12182 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The MODfather shooter rod is JUST the shooter rod. It's great, but the lighted plate is not included. The STERN original shooter rod 'kit' comes with the lighted LEDs mounted in the plate and the cables to connect to the cabinet node board. The LEDs are interactive to the software. A year ago, I bought the MODfather rod, and then modified a stock plate to add the LEDs. I posted details on how to do that if you wish. It's alot of work but if you are handy, and can't buy a STERN original due to availability, it yields the same results.

Thanks! I bought the Stern and love it. I was wondering because of the price difference....

Because its so beefy I wonder if a stronger spring would be in order.....

#12183 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

There’s also a bug in the “shoot the set trap targets” callout being queued one rescue before the actual set trap targets are available - happens to me on the Spinosaur paddock mostly that I’ve noticed. I imagine it’s a bug as well.

I've noticed the set trap callout prior to achieving the required number to rescues as well - not sure which paddock or the particular scenario to reproduce it but definitely sounds like a bug ... the up side is at least it doesn't impact the gameplay.

#12184 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Were you in the Compy paddock at the time?

#12185 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks! I bought the Stern and love it. I was wondering because of the price difference....
Because its so beefy I wonder if a stronger spring would be in order.....

Machine Ships with green, but manual says it should be orange. I went to orange and love it.

#12186 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yep.
Sometimes the callouts and videos get stacked and backed up but yes, I’ve had this happen before. There’s also a bug in the “shoot the set trap targets” callout being queued one rescue before the actual set trap targets are available - happens to me on the Spinosaur paddock mostly that I’ve noticed. I imagine it’s a bug as well.

I think I've heard that too, thanks for the validation!

Quoted from Flipstream:

Were you in the Compy paddock at the time?

Unsure but I want to say likely meaning I only recall hearing it when I'm later into the game progression. I'll pay closer attention and see if I can pinpoint it to being in a specific paddock. Just glad to know for now that it's a stock bug.

#12187 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I think I've heard that too, thanks for the validation!

Unsure but I want to say likely meaning I only recall hearing it when I'm later into the game progression. I'll pay closer attention and see if I can pinpoint it to being in a specific paddock. Just glad to know for now that it's a stock bug.

If it's while you're in the Compy paddock, it's not a bug. Compys are tranq immune as their special ability, so hitting the green arrow shot won't pause them, and the action button super tranq is temp disabled.

#12188 2 years ago

I have had the shoot the set trap targets bug call out early many of times the trigger seems to be after the first paddock and when you get a rescue during a multi ball. Only seems to happen to me during raptor or chaos multi-ball

#12189 2 years ago

Any tips on making the helicopter shot more successful? There is nothing so disheartening as having the ball go halfway up the scoop and fall back down. Thankfully when this happens the ball usually comes right back to the left flipper and I can try again. But this just keeps happening. It seems like on such a direct hit, this shouldn't happen. Are there any tweaks for this? My left flipper power is already maxed out. What about changing the resting angle of the flipper? Some silicone spray in the scoop?

#12190 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

Any tips on making the helicopter shot more successful? There is nothing so disheartening as having the ball go halfway up the scoop and fall back down. Thankfully when this happens the ball usually comes right back to the left flipper and I can try again. But this just keeps happening. It seems like on such a direct hit, this shouldn't happen. Are there any tweaks for this? My left flipper power is already maxed out. What about changing the resting angle of the flipper? Some silicone spray in the scoop?

Play better!

#12191 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

The flippers should be aligned with the top edge of the flipper plastic (Not the rubber) to the flipper alignment hole, not the center of the flipper plastic like usual. Makes the Control Room and Hellipad shots much easier to make.

#12192 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

In general not usually a good idea to use spray/lubricant on a pinball machine. Try changes to pitch & flipper power. Lowering the flipper angle can help a bit too. I have mine set a slight bit more droopy than factory.

Also, it depends on the setup of your machine, but if you haven't tried it already you might want to also try dialing left flipper power down a bit to see if it helps.

#12193 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

Keep practicing. I used to feel the same way and now it’s one of the easier shots in the game. Sure sometimes what you describe happens, but it’s because you didn’t hit it right.

#12194 2 years ago

Got word today that the truck should be picking up my JP Pro tomorrow from the warehouse. If all goes as planned and the transit times on the website are accurate, I should have my first pin on Friday.

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I should have my first pin on Friday

Congratulations! First pin is a great feeling. Now, start saving and making space for number two!

#12196 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got word today that the truck should be picking up my JP Pro tomorrow from the warehouse. If all goes as planned and the transit times on the website are accurate, I should have my first pin on Friday.

Congrats. Skill for this game takes time, it's tough. Play it a lot!

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Play this crap out of it and stay off pinside. Your wallet will thank you.

#12198 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

If it's while you're in the Compy paddock, it's not a bug. Compys are tranq immune as their special ability, so hitting the green arrow shot won't pause them, and the action button super tranq is temp disabled.

Interesting, thanks for the insight! If that's the case though which sounds like it is, why would the game bother to say "super tranq ready" when it in fact is not and won't be? That seems like unexpected behavior / a bug to me. Have you validated that after the paddock is completed and this happens beforehand that the action button is lit moving forward? If so, then I guess it's not a "bug" just a poor code decision.

#12199 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Congratulations! First pin is a great feeling. Now, start saving and making space for number two!

Thankfully I don't have any more space for another one. I already have 4 arcade games where this is going.

But ... I didn't have room for a pin either and I made room and here I am...

#12200 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Play this crap out of it and stay off pinside. Your wallet will thank you.

I don't even have my pin yet but I have 2 mod orders already received (Amber shooter and 3D start button) and have 5 packages full of mods on the way lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.