(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 424.
#12001 2 years ago

The key with the helicopter blades is the weight has to remain the same, so they spin down slowly and make that cool woosh, woosh sound as they slow. Going to lighter bladed without the metal and nuts and bolts will make it spin really fast and then stop just as fast without the slow woosh sound. The reason I mention this is that I had considered moving the factory blades to the underneath the playfield and putting more realistic looking blades up top. If only the shaft that the blades are mounted on would extend further down below the playfield this would have been possible. In hind sight this would have been the way to design it from the beginning so the extra spinning weight was below the playfield and not visible.

#12002 2 years ago

Anyone happen to know the footprint length/width that this pin takes up?

I don't have much space where my first pin may go and I'm trying to see where I could put it and/or if I have to move some of my arcade games around.

#12003 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top. I'm usually someone who might add a few tasteful mods and call it a day. It's just that I got some really nice jungle trees and plants. I put a few of them on and wanted to stop. I really did, but I just couldn't until they were all on there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why do I feel like I might need tick spray to play that game . Looks awesome IMHO.

#12004 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I don't have much space where my first pin may go and I'm trying to see where I could put it and/or if I have to move some of my arcade games around.

The backbox is the widest part at 706mm, while the length footprint is 1550mm (the back feet and the plunger at the front) - divide by 25.4 to convert mm to inches Of course you also then need room to stand in front of the pin to play

#12005 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/JurassicPark_LE_Pre_web.pdf
One of the very last pages of the manual lists the dimensions

#12006 2 years ago

Manny65 and Foz thank both of you.

Going to play around with my setup and see if I can make something work.

#12007 2 years ago

Talk about painful………
Over 2 billion, made it to both secure control room and museum mayhem, beat museum mayhem, just had to spell map to get to visitors center and I had captured 7 dinos went the long way and got the T. rex and the spinosaurs, had 7 fossils, so I was poised to have my biggest visitors center bonus ever, and I noticed I just needed one more DNA combo for an extra ball, hit the left ramp, helipad ramp and then BRICKED the raptor pen on the right post for a SDTM! Would have had an extra ball and probably been over 3 billion for the first time! Devastating yet so much fun at the same time, my arms are sore, played Chaos, T. rex, raptor twice, spinosaurus and Victory laps from museum mayhem so 6 different multiballs.
This game is sooooo good!!

#12008 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Talk about painful………
Over 2 billion, made it to both secure control room and museum mayhem, beat museum mayhem, just had to spell map to get to visitors center and I had captured 7 dinos went the long way and got the T. rex and the spinosaurs, had 7 fossils, so I was poised to have my biggest visitors center bonus ever, and I noticed I just needed one more DNA combo for an extra ball, hit the left ramp, helipad ramp and then BRICKED the raptor pen on the right post for a SDTM! Would have had an extra ball and probably been over 3 billion for the first time! Devastating yet so much fun at the same time, my arms are sore, played Chaos, T. rex, raptor twice, spinosaurus and Victory laps from museum mayhem so 6 different multiballs.

Amazing!!

#12009 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Talk about painful………

I always thought golf was the cruelest of all hobbies but I think pinball has taken over that spot.

#12010 2 years ago

Anyone take delivery of a premium lately and notice if Stern is now putting washer in some of the problem spots where the ball guides were digging into the pf?

Curious to know if they made that change as I have a friend looking to buy one.

Thanks!

#12011 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone take delivery of a premium lately and notice if Stern is now putting washer in some of the problem spots where the ball guides were digging into the pf?
Curious to know if they made that change as I have a friend looking to buy one.
Thanks!

Mine didn't from April but it's not like it took me long to do it myself.

#12012 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine didn't from April but it's not like it took me long to do it myself.

Yeah, I did it on my game too, but I barely have time to play these days, so the last thing I want to do is take new games apart when I get them.

Especially since this one is going to a friend who has zero pinball knowledge and it would all be left to me to help set up.

Thanks again

#12013 2 years ago

I'm not sure if this is applies only to the Premium/LE, but my right ramp shot doesn't consistently feed to the upper right flipper. This makes the 3rd skill shot impossible. It was like this out of the box. Video for reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2atmo4ex72ft817/2021-10-24%2022.32.03.mp4?dl=0

Any ideas?

#12014 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm not sure if this is applies only to the Premium/LE, but my right ramp shot doesn't consistently feed to the upper right flipper. This makes the 3rd skill shot impossible. It was like this out of the box. Video for reference.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2atmo4ex72ft817/2021-10-24%2022.32.03.mp4?dl=0
Any ideas?

Loosen the helical wireform and get the ball exit closer to the flipper ball guide - doesn’t have to be much to make a difference.

#12015 2 years ago

Just an FYI on the jeep mod. The Jada jeep from Jurassic World 2015 comes both 1/43 & 1/32. I have both and they are each stamped as much on the bottom.
BUT, They are the exact same size. I don't know how this slipped through with them or the manufacture in China (self explanatory).
So don't worry about not finding a 1/43 because it's the exact same as the readily available 1/32.

Sorry for blur, used my phone.
End of top line.

2021-11-03 16.56.32.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.32.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.40.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.40.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.47.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.47.jpg
#12016 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just an FYI on the jeep mod. The Jada jeep from Jurassic World 2015 comes both 1/43 & 1/32. I have both and they are each stamped as much on the bottom.
BUT, They are the exact same size. I don't know how this slipped through with them or the manufacture in China (self explanatory).
So don't worry about not finding a 1/43 because it's the exact same as the readily available 1/32.
Sorry for blur, used my phone.
End of top line.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I remember correctly, the real 2-door life-sized JP12 style jeep is 148 inches bumper to bumper. Divide by 43 to get 3-3/8" long, or by 32 to get 4-1/2" long. Now I am scratching my head because (from memory) the jeep being used on jurassic park mods are closer to 4-1/2" long I think!! (which would mean 1:32 scale)

so confused...

#12017 2 years ago

I’d say the 1/43 is on the left and the 1/32 on right
Here’s a chart a pinsider posted before to reference size/ scale

8B5AAE24-1370-4A8B-A821-93908AE22BA6 (resized).jpeg8B5AAE24-1370-4A8B-A821-93908AE22BA6 (resized).jpeg
#12018 2 years ago

Sorry, here is a better photo. The #12 is stamped 1/43, #18 is 1/32. Both 2" x 4 1/2"

2021-11-03 17.16.05.jpg2021-11-03 17.16.05.jpg

#12019 2 years ago

I have both too and agree they are identical in size so obviously the claimed scale is wrong in one of them but both should work. IMO the #18 has better details.

#12020 2 years ago

Ordered! $8.99 on Amazon. Won’t last long now boys

#12021 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Sorry, here is a better photo. The #12 is stamped 1/43, #18 is 1/32. Both 2" x 4 1/2"
[quoted image]

It's just math. 148 inches / 32 scale = 4.5 inches

So all along, the stamped scale on these "1:43" off-shore jeeps are wrong. They are actually 1:32!!! Who knew????

#12022 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ordered! $8.99 on Amazon. Won’t last long now boys

Link if you dont mind?

#12024 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

amazon.com link »

Well, that certainly sucks for the people that spent mad loot. I wasn't even going to change it out, but for 9 bucks....just ordered it ,

#12025 2 years ago

For Sale - A Jurassic Park MOD Bundle with 20% Discount:

Hello. I was planning twice to get a Stern Jurassic Park Premium and had stocked up on many quality mods. Oops! Change in plans occurred and I will not be needing these mods. They are all 100% unused. I have listed the individual pricing for each item and am seeking to sell the whole lots as part of a bundle deal (~20% off total price). The Lior sculpts are worth the price alone. Please PM me if interested in the full bundle and we can exchange needed info.

- Lior TRex head $ 425
- Lior Sculpted Signs $240
- Mezel Mods Fence $75
- Mezel Mods Raptor Pen $50
- Mezel Mods Tower $150
- Mezel Mods plastic protectors/Signs $34
- Pingraffix Art Blades $ 78

Total - $1052. Asking price for Everything: $825 + shipping cost

I hope these can go to a new JP game user.
Thanks

JP2 Pinblades Peak (resized).jpgJP2 Pinblades Peak (resized).jpg

JP2 LIOR SIGNS (resized).jpgJP2 LIOR SIGNS (resized).jpgJP2 LIOR TREX OUT (resized).jpgJP2 LIOR TREX OUT (resized).jpgJP2 LIOR TREX BAGGED (resized).jpgJP2 LIOR TREX BAGGED (resized).jpgJP2 Mods 1 (resized).jpgJP2 Mods 1 (resized).jpg
#12026 2 years ago

Anyone have a link to instructions on installing one of those larger jeeps in the Pro?

I don't have a Pro yet but am on the lookout and may just grab that jeep if it looks pretty straight forward to install.

#12027 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have a link to instructions on installing one of those larger jeeps in the Pro?
I don't have a Pro yet but am on the lookout and may just grab that jeep if it looks pretty straight forward to install.

Depends what you mean by "larger jeeps" ... if you are installing the Jada Jeep check out Mr_Tantrum post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

#12028 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I bought an adaptor especially made for the Jeep by Lucxor in this thread and it works fantastic and made installation very easy, no need to drill holes in the Jeep. He also provided step by step instructions on installation and a more sturdy metal thrust bearing. I bought the Jeep with adaptor together from him but I am sure he would also sell the adaptor alone if you already have a Jeep. Just PM him if you are interested. Here’s a link to one of his posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/213#post-6322991

#12029 2 years ago

Thanks to both of you for that. And yeah that is what i meant by "larger" jeep I thought it was a bit larger but more just wider.

#12030 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I bought an adaptor especially made for the Jeep by Lucxor in this thread and it works fantastic and made installation very easy, no need to drill holes in the Jeep. He also provided step by step instructions on installation and a more sturdy metal thrust bearing. I bought the Jeep with adaptor together from him but I am sure he would also sell the adaptor alone if you already have a Jeep. Just PM him if you are interested. Here’s a link to one of his posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/213#post-6322991

I’ll second this. The one from Lucxor had the adapter already built in. He even included upgraded washer bearings which are metal instead of plastic. Great instructors and it took about 15 mins to install.

E3695E7B-13EA-46D8-BC4C-C1FA60D46E83 (resized).jpegE3695E7B-13EA-46D8-BC4C-C1FA60D46E83 (resized).jpeg
#12031 2 years ago

I just lined up the plate at a similar spot under the Jeep, drilled the first hole and installed a screw. Once I had one screw in, it was easy to hold still and aligned to drill the other holes and install the three additional screws. It took maybe ten minutes for that part of the install because I was being overly careful. I replaced the bearings with the metal ones when I reinstalled. The Jeep looks a million times better visually and works really smooth compared to the OEM setup now. If you are running the software with the movie footage, this is really a required mod...

#12032 2 years ago

For the new wave of Jeep modders, here is my guide for the Jeep installation (posted about a year ago, so new owners may not be familiar with it): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

#12033 2 years ago

anybody hear anything about December builds?

#12034 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I have heard its not happening till January

#12035 2 years ago

I heard mention that people saw them on the second line

#12036 2 years ago

I just called a local distro who was taking preorders for 2022 NIBs and he said he just got word they aren't going to have them until April 2022.

#12037 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Yup, its been confirmed by ZMeny on his podcast that all JP's (pro+premium) will be pushed out to 2022 and will take a +$700 price increase (pro) and a + $1200 increase (premium)

#12038 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, its been confirmed by ZMeny on his podcast that all JP's (pro+premium) will be pushed out to 2022 and will take a +$700 price increase (pro) and a + $1200 increase (premium)

wow, i'm out

#12039 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Glad I bought when I did....thats BS

#12040 2 years ago

With recurring frequency, during multi ball, a ball gets locked in the raptor pen and the rod and gate goes up to hold the ball while the other balls are played. Problem is, the ball doesn’t appear to being recognized in the pen, and after the others drain the pin goes into ball search. It ultimately is unable to release the ball and kills that ball in play, starting the next number ball, or ending the game. The raptor pen, gate, and rod lock appears to be operating correctly during normal play with one ball. The issue only occurs during any mode of multi ball when a random ball goes into the open pen. Could it be the optos? Thanks for any info!

46D7A820-03C4-49E8-B2A3-3FBB7D8D0BFD (resized).jpeg46D7A820-03C4-49E8-B2A3-3FBB7D8D0BFD (resized).jpeg
#12041 2 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

With recurring frequency, during multi ball, a ball gets locked in the raptor pen and the rod and gate goes up to hold the ball while the other balls are played. Problem is, the ball doesn’t appear to being recognized in the pen, and after the others drain the pin goes into ball search. It ultimately is unable to release the ball and kills that ball in play, starting the next number ball, or ending the game. The raptor pen, gate, and rod lock appears to be operating correctly during normal play with one ball. The issue only occurs during any mode of multi ball when a random ball goes into the open pen. Could it be the optos? Thanks for any info!
[quoted image]

Does the post drop to let the trapped ball roll down to the back of the gate (becoming a captive ball) or does the post remain up? If the latter then this is the issue as the post should drop down (due to the spring) releasing the ball but still held in the pen by the raised gate. If it does correctly drop then I'd go into switch test mode and check the switches associated with the gate (up/down) as it's like the game doesn't realise the gate is up.

#12042 2 years ago

Added Lermods full plastic protector kit to my prem and very happy with it. Also added a custom speaker insert to the speaker light kit.

A couple before and after pics in there.

These were kind of a pain to put on, raptor pit was the worst. All the other ones went on without too much work. I thought for sure I was going to have to remove the ramps but didn't have to go that far. The piece below T-Rex was difficult but not as hard as Raptor - just know you can do it without removing any ramps. Take lots of photos along the way and mind the post heights when you remove them, lots of different heights and if you put them back in out of place it will cause issues.

Photo Oct 27, 11 39 43 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 11 39 43 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 49 21 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 49 21 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 48 33 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 48 33 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 6 38 56 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 6 38 56 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 7 53 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 7 53 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 28, 10 33 40 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 28, 10 33 40 AM (resized).jpgrPhoto Nov 06, 10 48 44 AM (resized).jpgrPhoto Nov 06, 10 48 44 AM (resized).jpgrPhoto Oct 28, 5 10 16 PM (resized).jpgrPhoto Oct 28, 5 10 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 6 38 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 27, 6 38 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 08 48 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 08 48 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 16 54 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 16 54 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 39 59 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 10 39 59 AM (resized).jpgzPhoto Nov 06, 10 44 51 AM (resized).jpgzPhoto Nov 06, 10 44 51 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 11 23 39 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 06, 11 23 39 AM (resized).jpg
#12043 2 years ago

Alt-trans - I figured it was appropriate with the movie code.

C1AD5806-F585-49AB-ACDE-8D038B7A1A6C (resized).jpegC1AD5806-F585-49AB-ACDE-8D038B7A1A6C (resized).jpeg
#12044 2 years ago

So I know this is a super long shot but if anyone knows of any distros that have the Pro in stock at the pre-raised-prices available for delivery this year please shoot me a message.

I've hit up all of the main outlets that most people seem to know about (recommended by multiple people on this site already) and they are all not getting any until Q2 2022, although one has a couple left now but the price is the $6699 + shipping and I simply can't justify that.

Hell a week ago I wouldn't have even thought about getting one NIB at the "old" (current?) price but with how scarce they are I am willing to do it and sell off some other arcade stuff to pay for it.

Shoot me a PM if you know of any leads, thanks.

#12045 2 years ago

While looking through the service menu, I saw that there are a number of different install options under Utilities -> Installs. Namely:
* Extra-Easy
* Easy
* Medium
* Hard
* Extra-Hard
* 3 Ball
* 5 Ball
* Competition
* Director's Cut
* Home Play
* Novelty
* Add-A-Ball
* Factory

Does anyone know what specific features the Extra-Easy to Extra-Hard difficulty levels change? Also, what is Directors Cut, and Novelty? And what does Home Play set?

Through a little searching on these forums I learned that you can "stack" multiple of these installs. (For example 5-Ball and Extra-Easy). And if there are settings in common, the last installed takes precedence.

#12046 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Added Lermods full plastic protector kit to my prem and very happy with it. Also added a custom speaker insert to the speaker light kit.
A couple before and after pics in there.
These were kind of a pain to put on, raptor pit was the worst. All the other ones went on without too much work. I thought for sure I was going to have to remove the ramps but didn't have to go that far. The piece below T-Rex was difficult but not as hard as Raptor - just know you can do it without removing any ramps. Take lots of photos along the way and mind the post heights when you remove them, lots of different heights and if you put them back in out of place it will cause issues.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice,I'm holding off on buying any more mods for my up coming Jurassic park Premium. I have no idea now when it's ever gonna be produced,and at what price? I did buy a Tilt Topper,before the price increase was announced so If I pass on my JP,I'll just have to sell it.

#12047 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks really nice,I'm holding off on buying any more mods for my up coming Jurassic park Premium. I have no idea now when it's ever gonna be produced,and at what price? I did buy a Tilt Topper,before the price increase was announced so If I pass on my JP,I'll just have to sell it.

I can answer one of those questions for you. A premium JP starting in Jan 2022 will be $8999 MSRP.

#12048 2 years ago

Jeep came today

F7CE0C72-8AC7-49F3-9C63-02081F4017BE (resized).jpegF7CE0C72-8AC7-49F3-9C63-02081F4017BE (resized).jpeg
#12049 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Jeep came today
[quoted image]

Mine too!

#12050 2 years ago

Mine three!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/241 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.