(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,349 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by PinPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 247.
#11901 42 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That fractured green definitely does look very very nice. That basically looks like the color I'm thinking of as well. I think it would look amazing on the game.

Quoted from Alby:

I didnt cut mine

Thanks. Unfortunately, prismatic is out of a lot of colors right now due to supply chain issues. That’s why I was asking about the holes. With no cutouts, I’m not going to put blades on untilI the powder is done. I hate having “mods” just sitting idle, but I’ll have to wait.

Quoted from ralphs007:

So far,these are my favorite blades. Do you remove your playfield when you install them?

As noted, you don’t need to remove the playfield. I dont have a lot of experience with these so probably not the best person to be giving advice, but I’ve applied soapy water to the decals in the past so they don’t immediately stick and can easily be repositioned and slid around a little. Use a soft squeegee to smooth them out and have a towel underneath to catch any water.

#11902 42 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:i'm actually looking at the fractured green on the prismatic site if anyone has done that color.

Fractured green is perfect.

#11903 42 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks. Unfortunately, prismatic is out of a lot of colors right now due to supply chain issues. That’s why I was asking about the holes. With no cutouts, I’m not going to put blades on untilI the powder is done. I hate having “mods” just sitting idle, but I’ll have to wait.

As noted, you don’t need to remove the playfield. I dont have a lot of experience with these so probably not the best person to be giving advice, but I’ve applied soapy water to the decals in the past so they don’t immediately stick and can easily be repositioned and slid around a little. Use a soft squeegee to smooth them out and have a towel underneath to catch any water.

Excellent point to bring up. I also spray the sticky side of the side blades with a little bit of soapy water. I use a little spray bottle, not too much, just enough to add some moisture so that there's a little bit of movement of the side blade sticker before it sticks too much that you can't reposition it while you're getting it perfect. Then once in position, I use a soft towel to ensure everything is smooth and wick away any residual moisture.

#11904 42 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

So far,these are my favorite blades. Do you remove your playfield when you install them?

I've installed 5 sets of blades without any playfield removal, and I do so without water. With playfield standing upright, I simply peel back about 10-inches of the backing (about a third of the way from the rear of the machine or so), and then align the whole blade very carefully by hand. It won't stick until you are ready for it to stick. Once aligned, you stick the expose part and work your way towards the front and back, peeling the backing slowly and while still aligning the blades. I wrote up a more detail explanation previously in this thread. Finally use a rubber roller to stick it with some pressure.

#11905 42 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I've installed 5 sets of blades without any playfield removal, and I do so without water. With playfield standing upright, I simply peel back about 10-inches of the backing (about a third of the way from the rear of the machine or so), and then align the whole blade very carefully by hand. It won't stick until you are ready for it to stick. Once aligned, you stick the expose part and work your way towards the front and back, peeling the backing slowly and while still aligning the blades. I wrote up a more detail explanation previously in this thread. Finally use a rubber roller to stick it with some pressure.

You're a braver man than I am. I didn't want to take the playfield out but after doing it I couldn't imagine trying to do it with the playfield in. I also used rapidtac and was glad that I did because I ended up needing to realign the blades a few times. I guess if you're experienced with installing blades it must get easier, but if it's your first time I'd suggest taking out the playfield and using rapidtac or soapy water.

#11906 42 days ago

PETG isn't just for playfields.

Had this plastic deflector shield crack repeatedly at the metal washer points.

Replaced then with PETG washers which add some flex, to the already curved deflector and prevent it from cracking at the secure points.

Been going strong 300 games plus

20211019_112326 (resized).jpg20211019_112359 (resized).jpg
#11907 42 days ago

Had her in the house for about 3 days now...I've hit 330 once and I'm usually in the mid 100's. So far my biggest issue is the right outlane, and drains SDTM from the right of the truck. Also seems like I can nail the t-rex and helipad shots on command until it matters...that rattle at the middle of the trex ramp is fucking aggravating.

#11908 42 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

PETG isn't just for playfields.
Had this plastic deflector shield crack repeatedly at the metal washer points.
Replaced then with PETG washers which add some flex, to the already curved deflector and prevent it from cracking at the secure points.
Been going strong 300 games plus
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did a couple of videos back when 14 years ago testing plastics. The second video got muted by youtube because I had Tom Petty playing in the background, but the first video is still ok. Keep in mind that PETG performs about the same as Lexan.

Here is the second much more extensive video. The sound was muted and replaced with stupid music, but you can fast forward and there is some good visual information and summary:

#11909 42 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Had her in the house for about 3 days now...I've hit 330 once and I'm usually in the mid 100's. So far my biggest issue is the right outlane, and drains SDTM from the right of the truck. Also seems like I can nail the t-rex and helipad shots on command until it matters...that rattle at the middle of the trex ramp is fucking aggravating.

Pretty much sums up my experience! 3rd paddock when heli matters is rough.

#11910 42 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Yup, that right outlane.... f'n Nedry!

#11911 42 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

...that rattle at the middle of the trex ramp is fucking aggravating.

Huh???

#11912 41 days ago

If I don't hit the left ramp super clean it rattles me out quite a bit

#11913 41 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

If I don't hit the left ramp super clean it rattles me out quite a bit

Same for me

#11914 41 days ago

Have not noticed.... will check....

#11915 41 days ago

Had a big T Rex multiball tonight! Two superjackpots in one Multiball, the first one with double scoring active was worth over 76 million. Don’t remember what my base jackpot was but I hit the red multiplyer shot 3 times. Just under 200 million, missed the second super jackpot being in double scoring by maybe two seconds.

5019D9A1-3C9F-41E0-98E2-A56499F11247 (resized).jpeg
#11916 41 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Had a big T Rex multiball tonight! Two superjackpots in one Multiball, the first one with double scoring active was worth over 76 million. Don’t remember what my base jackpot was but I hit the red multiplyer shot 3 times. Just under 200 million, missed the second super jackpot being in double scoring by maybe two seconds. [quoted image]

Holy moly

#11917 41 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

I did a couple of videos back when 14 years ago testing plastics. The second video got muted by youtube because I had Tom Petty playing in the background, but the first video is still ok. Keep in mind that PETG performs about the same as Lexan.

Here is the second much more extensive video. The sound was muted and replaced with stupid music, but you can fast forward and there is some good visual information and summary:

Nice experiment and results, thanks for the post. I've found that the metal washer was holding those secure points too rigidly... It's a weird design, literally bending the plastic guard to fit the ramp form... They are destined to break...PETG has been a real saver for both JP and GnR for my pins

#11918 41 days ago

Forgive the stupid question, but what purpose is that plastic shield serving (the one over the entrance to the left ramp). I understand that you need to deflect the ball at times but I don't understand what this specific plastic piece is protecting against.

#11919 41 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Forgive the stupid question, but what purpose is that plastic shield serving (the one over the entrance to the left ramp). I understand that you need to deflect the ball at times but I don't understand what this specific plastic piece is protecting against.

Protects against ball hop at the lip of the ramp.

#11920 41 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Before I turned my flipper power down a little bit I was hitting it so often it came off. I think I read a few people that have even broken theirs if I’m not mistaken. I would also get some rejects of a perfect shot with my flipper power at factory, the ball would smack the guard so hard it would come straight back down

#11921 40 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Had a big T Rex multiball tonight! Two superjackpots in one Multiball, the first one with double scoring active was worth over 76 million. Don’t remember what my base jackpot was but I hit the red multiplyer shot 3 times. Just under 200 million, missed the second super jackpot being in double scoring by maybe two seconds. [quoted image]

Stellar. Will never look at this mode the same. I’d figure you must have had at least 3M on the hurry up. It’s the basis for the mode.

#11922 38 days ago

Anyone tried green t-molding on the pro?

#11923 38 days ago
Quoted from ICEGUY:

I have seen two shades of green colors, light and dark. The light might be closer in look to some of the playfield colors, while the dark green might match any trees or other mods you may have added. I don't have a PRO, but it's a low cost 'test' to see if you light it and you can always go back.

#11925 38 days ago

Wanted to post a follow-up for a feeling of intermittent weak right lower flipper I was experiencing.

Over the last week or so I had made a post or two talking about a intermittent feeling of a weak right lower flipper. Playing it at factory strength settings. Examining the coil plunger EOS, etc everything checked out okay. My main feeling/experience was that sometimes I was having a hard time getting the ball fully up the left ramp, which was frustrating.

In light of this experience, and feeling like maybe the last thing to try was the PinMonk coil cooling fans thinking that possibly something about the coil was getting hotter than it should, which has been a known issue with some of the newer sterns, I picked some up and gave them a try.

Firstly, let me commend PinMonk as the packaging was great, the installation was super straightforward and simple and the overall design was quite elegant.

So I installed the fans and played a game and found that I was still having a very difficult time rather early on in gameplay in getting up that left ramp. Some shots would blaze right through, but ~40-50% felt like they were either just making it around the corner, or just getting up just out of view to only come right back down. Again, amazingly frustrating.

I went ahead and started feeling like, shit, Fk my life...but once I got my act together, I started thinking that maybe there might be an issue with the left ramp itself, something that's just not quite right, so I started looking at it intensely.

...Sure as shit, and mind you this is a NIB that I picked up only a month or two ago, and I do have experience with this game as Ive owned two premiums in the past, (this one's a pro, super happy btw)....But sure enough, the person that installed the left ramp plastic roof cover (that extends behind the backboard of the playfield) didn't put those black spacers on correctly!!! As opposed to putting the black spacer in between the plastic roof and the ramp, they put them on top! Nice QC!!!! No fking wonder the balls were making it up just out of view and coming back or just barely making it through, they were squeezed to hell back there!!!!

Can't believe I didn't notice that before. Unbelievable. As soon as I saw that, I knew immediately that was the problem, and I was kicking myself in the butt for not noticing it before. So it was all but one that was installed incorrectly, I fixed that. I went ahead and took the opportunity to give a little cleaning to the playfield, put the glass on, played a game and was blazing that left ramp all day long. Perfect. Down to zero issues right now with this game, and that feels great.

Anyway, in synopsis, the problem had nothing to do with a hot coil, PinMonks design is elegant and easy to install and highly recommended for those that need it, the issue was ultimately due to poor QC at Stern with incorrect installment of the spacers in between the left ramp and the left ramp plastic roof cover.

...whew...

#11926 38 days ago

I sold my game and ended up with this Stern JP amber shooter knob. This is a genuine Stern part but you will need to get a threaded shooter rod for it. $70 shipped in the US 48.
20211023_140833 (resized).jpg20211023_140837 (resized).jpg

#11927 37 days ago
Quoted from ICEGUY:

I did. You can see it in my powdercoat pics a page back

#11928 37 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wanted to post a follow-up for a feeling of intermittent weak right lower flipper I was experiencing.
Over the last week or so I had made a post or two talking about a intermittent feeling of a weak right lower flipper. Playing it at factory strength settings. Examining the coil plunger EOS, etc everything checked out okay. My main feeling/experience was that sometimes I was having a hard time getting the ball fully up the left ramp, which was frustrating.
In light of this experience, and feeling like maybe the last thing to try was the PinMonk coil cooling fans thinking that possibly something about the coil was getting hotter than it should, which has been a known issue with some of the newer sterns, I picked some up and gave them a try.
Firstly, let me commend PinMonk as the packaging was great, the installation was super straightforward and simple and the overall design was quite elegant.
So I installed the fans and played a game and found that I was still having a very difficult time rather early on in gameplay in getting up that left ramp. Some shots would blaze right through, but ~40-50% felt like they were either just making it around the corner, or just getting up just out of view to only come right back down. Again, amazingly frustrating.
I went ahead and started feeling like, shit, Fk my life...but once I got my act together, I started thinking that maybe there might be an issue with the left ramp itself, something that's just not quite right, so I started looking at it intensely.
...Sure as shit, and mind you this is a NIB that I picked up only a month or two ago, and I do have experience with this game as Ive owned two premiums in the past, (this one's a pro, super happy btw)....But sure enough, the person that installed the left ramp plastic roof cover (that extends behind the backboard of the playfield) didn't put those black spacers on correctly!!! As opposed to putting the black spacer in between the plastic roof and the ramp, they put them on top! Nice QC!!!! No fking wonder the balls were making it up just out of view and coming back or just barely making it through, they were squeezed to hell back there!!!!
Can't believe I didn't notice that before. Unbelievable. As soon as I saw that, I knew immediately that was the problem, and I was kicking myself in the butt for not noticing it before. So it was all but one that was installed incorrectly, I fixed that. I went ahead and took the opportunity to give a little cleaning to the playfield, put the glass on, played a game and was blazing that left ramp all day long. Perfect. Down to zero issues right now with this game, and that feels great.
Anyway, in synopsis, the problem had nothing to do with a hot coil, PinMonks design is elegant and easy to install and highly recommended for those that need it, the issue was ultimately due to poor QC at Stern with incorrect installment of the spacers in between the left ramp and the left ramp plastic roof cover.
...whew...

Stern doesn't need to concern themselves with QC. They know that most of their customers will fix the games regardless,so why even bother with QC. Full speed ahead,just keep the line moving!

#11929 37 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Stern doesn't need to concern themselves with QC. They know that most of their customers will fix the games regardless,so why even bother with QC. Full speed ahead,just keep the line moving!

Yeah, I'm afraid there's a lot of truth to that.....

#11930 37 days ago

How many ball is Chaos Multiball? I'm only getting 3 balls?

#11931 37 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

How many ball is Chaos Multiball? I'm only getting 3 balls?

It starts as 3 and can go up to 6. Each add a ball is a number of pop bumper hits and it shows on the LCD how many more you need for the next add a ball

#11932 37 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

It starts as 3 and can go up to 6. Each add a ball is a number of pop bumper hits and it shows on the LCD how many more you need for the next add a ball

Woohoo thanks!

#11933 37 days ago

Hello. Looking for some advice on the value of a Jurassic Park Premium. Includes lots of mods. Shaker, Topper, side blade art, shooter bug thing.... we purchased hoping we would all play but not getting much use out of it and we now have a new baby. Purchased in Oct 2020. Home Use Only. Great condition. Runs like brand new still. Any idea what market value is prior to me posting? I live in the Tampa Florida area.

jurassic pin (resized).jpg
#11934 37 days ago
Quoted from Jimredsox:

Hello. Looking for some advice on the value of a Jurassic Park Premium. Includes lots of mods. Shaker, Topper, side blade art, shooter bug thing.... we purchased hoping we would all play but not getting much use out of it and we now have a new baby. Purchased in Oct 2020. Home Use Only. Great condition. Runs like brand new still. Any idea what market value is prior to me posting? I live in the Tampa Florida area.
[quoted image]

Since these are in high demand and orders backlogged, personally I would set the price at what you paid for it including mods. If you can't break even then I would be willing to go down a couple of hundred and consider that the price of entertainment. I've happily paid NIB price before for a hard to acquire pin I really wanted that was HUO and in great shape.

#11935 37 days ago

Bought this T-rex head on Amazon and modded it. Lit the eyes and tied them to the game’s gi and wired his mouth to interact with the flasher under the t-rex ramp. I think it came out pretty good. I also mounted it so it hangs over the top just a little. Just another alternative for people to consider. We are not selling this, just did it for myself.

amazon.com link »

#11936 37 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Bought this T-rex head on Amazon and modded it. Lit the eyes and tied them to the game’s gi and wired his mouth to interact with the flasher under the t-rex ramp. I think it came out pretty good. I also mounted it so it hangs over the top just a little. Just another alternative for people to consider. We are not selling this, just did it for myself.
amazon.com link »

DEahC53VYAArOAu.jpg
#11937 36 days ago

Anyone in Michigan or surrounding states want to trade your Jurrasic Park pro for a HUO Guardians of Galaxy pro?

#11938 36 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I sold my game and ended up with this Stern JP amber shooter knob. This is a genuine Stern part but you will need to get a threaded shooter rod for it. $70 shipped in the US 48.

Take 50$ for it ??

#11939 36 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

amazon.com link »

That's ferociously cool! Couldn't see the jaw action on that clip, but looks really cool.

#11940 36 days ago

Well - just love this mode now after hating it for a while of think 50MM on it was about tops. Fun to start off a game so big.

Built the hurry up to 5.6MM, got the control room and left ramp first to get the multipliers and then only got a few shots in the second wave of lights. Def can go a lot higher.

98C01DE9-F814-4C2C-B8CF-8502DAE29E56 (resized).jpeg
#11941 36 days ago
Quoted from rrath03:

Well - just love this mode now after hating it for a while of think 50MM on it was about tops. Fun to start off a game so big.
Built the hurry up to 5.6MM, got the control room and left ramp first to get the multipliers and then only got a few shots in the second wave of lights. Def can go a lot higher.
[quoted image]

T-Rex multiball is pure rules genius. For the quick/easy "gimme" multiball to have such deep scoring potential is absolutely amazing. Just super well thought out to be able to satisfy complete beginners as well as the most seasoned tournament players.

#11942 36 days ago

What's the biggest hurry-up base value that's possible? I had 12+ million once but of course I couldn't do much with it. 298 Million is a great MB. I think my high is about half of that.

#11943 35 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What's the biggest hurry-up base value that's possible? I had 12+ million once but of course I couldn't do much with it. 298 Million is a great MB. I think my high is about half of that.

6M max. I think each time you add a shot it goes back to the max based on how many you have which is great. From there you can 4x that number (plus 250k extra per shot) if you do them in the right order. From there once you collect the SJ it starts over again, with multipliers again. Unless I’m missing something it seems like you could get 1B off this mode alone by completing it twice with the right starting hurry up.

Kind of reminds me of GNR multiballs, where the song value is critical to the multiball.

#11944 35 days ago

Just joined the club with a JP Pro. It was routed and had 15k plays, so I had to see it first and to my surprise it was in great shape. The guys from Rock N Roll Pinball in Opelika AL took Great care it. I know they use the same wax as I do S100 only and the playfield is in Great shape. Besides the standard water effect form the dimples in the clear and a little shooter lane wear. Our first Elwin pin in the collection, already order a Cliffy set. Anything else for a Pro a Must.

20211023_154220_HDR (resized).jpg20211024_133823_HDR (resized).jpg
#11945 35 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Just joined the club with a JP Pro. It was routed and had 15k plays, so I had to see it first and to my surprise it was in great shape. The guys from Rock N Roll Pinball in Opelika AL took Great care it. I know they use the same wax as I do S100 only and the playfield is in Great shape. Besides the standard water effect form the dimples in the clear and a little shooter lane wear. Our first Elwin pin in the collection, already order a Cliffy set. Anything else for a Pro a Must.

If I had to pick one mod against the many I have (and many I’ve resisted) I’d say the Jeep replacement. It’s a major upgrade visually, and not too expensive.

76A97E41-9AB1-47EE-9F72-5FC708A6F6F6 (resized).jpeg

#11946 35 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Congrats on the game. It may be my favorite game and probably gets the most play in my collection.
Mezel mods makes some great mods for this game. I really like their upgraded lookout tower as well as their raptor cage. There's some cool side blades out there too. Shaker is super well integrated into this game and if not already installed, should maybe be the first thing to add.

#11947 35 days ago

Agreed SHAKER!

#11948 35 days ago

I don't know about a must, but I offer a variety of mods for the pin: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/pinball

The list of options I've added to my premium is a mile long, but if you have a limited budget then I would say definitely the shaker adds to the game, I would add new Titan rings throughout, and then you can think about various custom playfield mods.

#11949 35 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't know about a must, but I offer a variety of mods for the pin: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/pinball
The list of options I've added to my premium is a mile long, but if you have a limited budget then I would say definitely the shaker adds to the game, I would add new Titan rings throughout, and then you can think about various custom playfield mods.

Nice, I'll be in touch you got several things I like.

#11950 33 days ago

Is this piece of metal on the heli ramp on the outside for everyone? Just noticed it.

13B8652E-2C5E-4940-B3B1-D9F54DCFF0D2 (resized).jpeg692D96AD-C558-49FB-A74B-E454FFDEFAA3 (resized).jpeg
There are 12,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 247.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside