(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,324 posts
  • 991 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by WackyBrakke
  • Topic is favorited by 521 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg
JP_pops_2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpg
zCT7jYz (resized).jpg
315AE957-3F47-4304-9916-522DDC77FF1A (resized).jpeg
E55E7EF8-B041-4CE8-A137-DFB84B1B46D3 (resized).jpeg
1E10FC0D-95DB-4860-AD41-633E8332F4CB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 247.
#11851 44 days ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Ordered a flipper rebuild kit, we'll see that that helps. One more thing comes to mind, and that is the in-lane rail guide -to- flipper gap bounce. I've tried to adjust mine so that it minimizes the bounce. But, the extent of the bounce changes with ball speed. Slower=more bounce. This bounce will certainly mess up shots. Take a slow-motion video to see the bounce. Loosening the adjusting the guide can help, I've even gone to the extent to 3D print an 'underguide' to close the gap and minimize the bounce, seems to work okay.

I have thought of that as well although mostly I don't notice a bounce. Also having droopy flippers means that you're flipping earlier to make the ramp and so would be more affected by even smaller bounces. I might try doing a slo-mo video just to see how much bounce I'm actually getting.

I put some games on last night and checked the flipper coil heat, while the right coil was marginally warmer than the left, both coils were only lukewarm so I don't think this is my issue.

#11852 43 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Interested in this as some games I struggle particularly with the left ramp as if it simply doesn't have enough power - I swapped out my coil stop early on when it fell apart but have put alot of games on since. How hot are you flipper coils getting? Definitely let us know whether the cooling fans address the issue

The coils do get hot, as expected, but I can't report a specific degrees, but I too am curious if these Pin Monk flipper cooling fans will help here. Seems as though there are several Spikes/Spike 2 games that have been benefiting from these fans, so I figured why not give it a try.
The flipper mechanism itself is perfectly fine, new coil stop, fresh cold sleeve, EOS switches are fine, no rattling of the ball at the ramp entrance has mentioned above.... Right lower flipper just seems to intermittently feel weak (noticed mainly by getting up that left ramp at times).
I'm hopeful this fan works and I will definitely make sure to report my findings when it arrives and is installed.

#11853 43 days ago

I bought the stern topper with low expectations and I'm still disappointed. I figured it was the only thing keeping my game from feeling complete after putting in a shaker, knocker, art blades, shooter... But man the topper is cheap and flimsy.

#11854 43 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bought the stern topper with low expectations and I'm still disappointed. I figured it was the only thing keeping my game from feeling complete after putting in a shaker, knocker, art blades, shooter... But man the topper is cheap and flimsy.

100% disagree. There are more expensive and better but most are much worse. The lights are pretty awesome in a darker room.

#11855 43 days ago
Quoted from gblack:

100% disagree. There are more expensive and better but most are much worse. The lights are pretty awesome in a darker room.

Yeah I love the looks of mine too. The lighting effects and looks really do complete the game. It's not as cool as the Black Knight topper, but it is definitely not flimsy either.

#11856 43 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I love the looks of mine too. The lighting effects and looks really do complete the game. It's not as cool as the Black Knight topper, but it is definitely not flimsy either.

I dunno how you guys can say it isn't flimsy. You lightly touch the plastic and it bends. I'm sort of amazed that it arrived without breaking.

#11857 43 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

I dunno how you guys can say it isn't flimsy. You lightly touch the plastic and it bends. I'm sort of amazed that it arrived without breaking.

There’s 3 levels. The back is supported by 3” of plastic. The front two aren’t waving in the wind. Do you have your pinball machine in a McDonalds fun pit? Compared to other toppers across all manufacturers I feel it’s above par. I’ve seen some that are just a single sheet of plexiglass.

#11858 43 days ago
Quoted from gblack:

There’s 3 levels. The back is supported by 3” of plastic. The front two aren’t waving in the wind. Do you have your pinball machine in a McDonalds fun pit? Compared to other toppers across all manufacturers I feel it’s above par. I’ve seen some that are just a single sheet of plexiglass.

Yeah but those aren't generally $600 or anywhere close.

#11859 43 days ago

todays laugh....

245741423_4396708723770357_6264254977684284476_n (resized).jpg
#11860 42 days ago

Went against the norm with powdercoating. We tried to make it look like reptile skin.

017AB422-49B3-4B40-A180-E24691640FEC (resized).jpeg0D33CD99-F94C-41AC-8D46-95C2B90D5C2D (resized).jpeg2D2A3871-E7FC-4213-A95F-C237ED333EE6 (resized).jpeg3185FE14-E7F9-497D-9842-BCF1C7969F48 (resized).jpeg3C35D4EE-3B4C-48AC-9726-F8D0E8AF2620 (resized).jpeg5C637097-CC55-4364-9E58-C512F75FDE31 (resized).jpeg7C0A7921-053F-4B42-97E2-80D86064B717 (resized).jpeg7CCFBF53-29B2-4F0F-9A17-D15C04656522 (resized).jpeg870B75DB-99B9-410A-A597-C8967CC7223B (resized).jpeg9BA6AF41-CDA3-4885-9946-BD95924C0CB0 (resized).jpeg9DBB0639-D68A-4502-86B8-3B8489D065C8 (resized).jpegCE187ED7-20B9-425E-B554-0B2E5E0B6C49 (resized).jpegDA93289E-1C58-42FC-AF86-B1857F1843F9 (resized).jpegFF6EC279-12A0-4B15-8629-768963DD80A6 (resized).jpeg
#11861 42 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Went against the norm with powdercoating. We tried to make it look like reptile skin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. What is the name of the color(s)?

#11862 42 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool! Nice job

#11863 42 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Agreed, it looks just like the same effect of the Grecian Gold Vein from Prismatic that I have on my LOTR except for obviously a different mix of colors.

#11864 42 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Prismatic Iced Mint. Think it turned out well

#11865 42 days ago

Hey everyone. Ive had my premium over a year now and while doing maintainence I just noticed the position of the upper flipper. Should it look like this or should it be pointing directly at the post? Ive owned so many new sterns and have never actually had to do flipper positioning changes so this can be a learning opp if needed!

I can hit the shots off that flipper so either its ok or Ive just gotten used to it.

20211016_212502215_iOS (resized).jpg
#11866 42 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hey everyone. Ive had my premium over a year now and while doing maintainence I just noticed the position of the upper flipper. Should it look like this or should it be pointing directly at the post? Ive owned so many new sterns and have never actually had to do flipper positioning changes so this can be a learning opp if needed!
I can hit the shots off that flipper so either its ok or Ive just gotten used to it.
[quoted image]

I think it's right that way. Adjusted mine the same way. You should make the loop and the tower with a good shot. The loop is a bit harder to shoot at imo.

#11867 42 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

[quoted image]

The front of the plastic bat should line up with the PF dot - to me yours looks to be set back slightly too much as if the front of the rubber has been aligned to the dot

#11868 42 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The front of the plastic bat should line up with the PF dot - to me yours looks to be set back slightly too much as if the front of the rubber has been aligned to the dot

Im away from the game for a while. Is there even a dot on that flipper or is it just the post?

#11869 42 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im away from the game for a while. Is there even a dot on that flipper or is it just the post?

The green arrow in the below pic points to the dot. In my pic it shows this flipper (similar to yours) is sitting a bit back from the dot and needs to be adjusted. Note that it exposes the post to shots coming out of the orbit, which if you don't flip the ball will hit and avoids doing a centre drain.
JP upper flipper (resized).jpg

The lower flippers align the centre of the bat to the PF dots, Keith designed them deliberately droopy to make the C and Helipad shots

#11870 41 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The green arrow in the below pic points to the dot. In my pic it shows this flipper (similar to yours) is sitting a bit back from the dot and needs to be adjusted. Note that it exposes the post to shots coming out of the orbit, which if you don't flip the ball will hit and avoids doing a centre drain.
[quoted image]
The lower flippers align the centre of the bat to the PF dots, Keith designed them deliberately droopy to make the C and Helipad shots

Thanks, now to learn how to adjust them. heh. Been doing a lot of cliffies to my games and pink monk fans which I always learn something from. 13 pins or so in still so much I dont know because I have been really lucky with my games so far....

#11871 41 days ago

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top. I'm usually someone who might add a few tasteful mods and call it a day. It's just that I got some really nice jungle trees and plants. I put a few of them on and wanted to stop. I really did, but I just couldn't until they were all on there.

IMG_5047 (resized).JPGIMG_5049 (resized).JPGIMG_5050 (resized).JPG
#11872 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top. I'm usually someone who might add a few tasteful mods and call it a day. It's just that I got some really nice jungle trees and plants. I put a few of them on and wanted to stop. I really did, but I just couldn't until they were all on there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL!

#11873 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top. I'm usually someone who might add a few tasteful mods and call it a day. It's just that I got some really nice jungle trees and plants. I put a few of them on and wanted to stop. I really did, but I just couldn't until they were all on there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Contact your local landscaper!! It's a little too much on the plants, but do dig the mod. I want to get about 2 of them, great game though.

#11874 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Oh my…. What’s your high score before and after?? Lol

#11875 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

You’re going to need to report that to your insurance agent sir. It’s a fire hazard.

#11876 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top.

7A5090C9-BC47-4BFA-AB4D-4362CF9E7995 (resized).jpeg

#11877 41 days ago
Quoted from gblack:

Oh my…. What’s your high score before and after?? Lol

My scores used to be embarrassingly bad and after the mods they sadly are exactly the same.

Actually, despite the jungle on the playfield, there are no critical areas where any vision is blocked at all. Even the lit signs at the back are all perfectly visible from a players perspective.

#11878 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

LOL did you suffer withdrawals when they ran out?? It actually it looks pretty cool and it's good that you can still see the ball

#11879 41 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

LOL did you suffer withdrawals when they ran out?? It actually it looks pretty cool and it's good that you can still see the ball

Haha yes. Who would believe I can still see the ball lol.

#11880 41 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

[quoted image]

Do a search in this thread for “upper flipper” and you see it’s been discussed a bunch of times and after re-reading a bunch of these notes, I think that the designer Elwin intended that the ball should slightly hit the post when coming off the orbit if you don’t engage the flipper. I think the intended no flip target is the left sling. But it’s been discussed so many times it’s hard to get a clear answer, and lots of opinion, but I do see a few note that seem to be based on the designer’s comments.

Yes, This seems to be in conflict the the normal playfield alignment dimple, but maybe his goal changed after production had already started. In any case, I think your machine upper flipper is about right.

#11881 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Yes, too much...though...I really dig the plant variety and they appear to be high quality plants. What package did you buy to get these?

#11882 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Is your profession Landscaping designer? If not you should consider

#11883 41 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Nice man, I actually think that looks pretty badass. A bit over the top, but really cool. You got a ton of vegetation there, I don't think anyone would argue that, but may I make an editing suggestion. From the point of the inlanes to the flippers, consider removing the foliage there, and leave the foliage all above the inlanes (starting around the raptor pit). You have that apron mod from wizard mods, which I also really like, but that adds the vegetation up close...so removing the stuff from the inlane areas keeps it from being too busy up close, makes the rest of the stuff you do a bit more intriguing, and also gives you some nice visual pathways for the ball when it's approaching the inlane/outlane areas.

#11884 41 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:Yes, too much...though...I really dig the plant variety and they appear to be high quality plants. What package did you buy to get these?

I initially bought crappy palm trees from Amazon and still have them on my game. I then bought some different varieties from this eBay seller https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/prassiri/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
The quality is absolutely amazing! I'm now likely going to remove the original crappy palm trees and just stick with the stuff from this eBay seller.

#11885 40 days ago

Hi, if anyone is looking for the official JP Topper from Stern, I have one that I'll sell for my cost. Just PM me.

EDIT: Sold

#11886 40 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

I initially bought crappy palm trees from Amazon and still have them on my game. I then bought some different varieties from this eBay seller https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/prassiri/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
The quality is absolutely amazing! I'm now likely going to remove the original crappy palm trees and just stick with the stuff from this eBay seller.

Interesting. Yeah, the pictures of the ebay items look amazing...though $25 a tree is pricey.

#11887 40 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Love that color!! Wish I had seen that before I coated mine

#11888 40 days ago

I have a JP premium that I just picked up late last week (NIB from the July run!) and am installing the Tilt Graphics side blades. I see there is no cutout for the hinge bolts recessed into the cabinet. Are people just going right over that area and concealing it or are you cutting it out with an exacto knife. i want to do some powder coating down the road so i'm guessing I will need to cut the hole out, but am curious what others have done. I typically only go with mirror blades, which have the cutouts, but wanted to try the side blades as I do like how they look on this game. thx

#11889 40 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a JP premium that I just picked up late last week (NIB from the July run!) and am installing the Tilt Graphics side blades. I see there is no cutout for the hinge bolts recessed into the cabinet. Are people just going right over that area and concealing it or are you cutting it out with an exacto knife. i want to do some powder coating down the road so i'm guessing I will need to cut the hole out, but am curious what others have done. I typically only go with mirror blades, which have the cutouts, but wanted to try the side blades as I do like how they look on this game. thx

That's odd, I've ordered blades from Tilt before and they had holes in them. However, yeah, I'd just use a sharp exacto knife and cut them out if you need to access the bolts.

#11890 40 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Agree, those are some good looking side blades. I'm actually at home at the moment and able to look at mine, similarly they are solid, no cutout hole. I just applied right over those recessed hinge bolt areas.
I suppose if you knew on the front end that you wanted to powder coat the hinges, suppose I would just do that first and then put the blades on.

On another note, curious if anyone has powder coated there JP Pro in that emerald green, similar to that on the LE? And if so, would you be willing to post some pictures.

#11891 40 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Agree, those are some good looking side blades. I'm actually at home at the moment and able to look at mine, similarly they are solid, no cutout hole. I just applied right over those recessed hinge bolt areas.
I suppose if you knew on the front end that you wanted to powder coat the hinges, suppose I would just do that first and then put the blades on.
On another note, curious if anyone has powder coated there JP Pro in that emerald green, similar to that on the LE? And if so, would you be willing to post some pictures.

i'm actually looking at the fractured green on the prismatic site if anyone has done that color.

#11892 40 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Do a search in this thread for “upper flipper” and you see it’s been discussed a bunch of times and after re-reading a bunch of these notes, I think that the designer Elwin intended that the ball should slightly hit the post when coming off the orbit if you don’t engage the flipper. I think the intended no flip target is the left sling. But it’s been discussed so many times it’s hard to get a clear answer, and lots of opinion, but I do see a few note that seem to be based on the designer’s comments.
Yes, This seems to be in conflict the the normal playfield alignment dimple, but maybe his goal changed after production had already started. In any case, I think your machine upper flipper is about right.

Makes sense to me. I appreciate it

#11893 40 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I did mine in "illusion gambler" from prismatic powders. Looks very much like the LE. There are 3 images in my collection gallery where you can see it. Although no close ups.

#11894 40 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think most like the look of blades without cutouts. The only reason you have to get to the bolts is to remove the hinges themselfs. You can even remove the Backbox by loosing the bolts in there instead.

If there are no cutouts in art / mirror blades I leave it that way. I would suggest to do the powder coating before installing the art blades

#11895 40 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Interesting. Yeah, the pictures of the ebay items look amazing...though $25 a tree is pricey.

The postage cost on individual items is around 50% of the total cost. The seller is excellent however and will combine postage. If you buy a few items, the postage costs becomes almost negligible. It was for me anyway - seeing as I bought so many haha.

#11896 39 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So far,these are my favorite blades. Do you remove your playfield when you install them?

#11897 39 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

So far,these are my favorite blades. Do you remove your playfield when you install them?

There is no need to remove the playfield when installing the side blades. There's a few good YouTube videos about installing side blades. Essentially, just need it predominantly in the maintenance position, but a little up and down of the playfield is always necessary.

#11898 39 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I did mine in "illusion gambler" from prismatic powders. Looks very much like the LE. There are 3 images in my collection gallery where you can see it. Although no close ups.

Took a look at those pics you have on your profile page, that green looks amazing!!

#11899 39 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i'm actually looking at the fractured green on the prismatic site if anyone has done that color.

That fractured green definitely does look very very nice. That basically looks like the color I'm thinking of as well. I think it would look amazing on the game.

#11900 39 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didnt cut mine

There are 12,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 247.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside