(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,373 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by EaglePin
  • Topic is favorited by 523 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

383918EC-A8F2-44B5-96D1-24FFB9E2EDAA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 248.
#11751 69 days ago

Hiya friends-

A buddy and I have been working on a larger-lighted raptor fence for the past few months. Please take a look if ya like. Cheers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/impact-mods-lighted-raptor-fence-

#11752 68 days ago

New machine - I am getting lots of dimples in the playfield. Like ... lots. Is this a normal issue? Every time I look at it I just seen a hundred dents in an expensive machine. It's hard to get a good picture of it, but I assume everyone knows what I mean.

Any tips for flippers/coil power to fix or is that just what happens? I don't have this issue with other Sterns yet. I reduced the power of the right flipper to 235, but that is all. Thanks!

#11753 68 days ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

New machine - I am getting lots of dimples in the playfield. Like ... lots. Is this a normal issue? Every time I look at it I just seen a hundred dents in an expensive machine. It's hard to get a good picture of it, but I assume everyone knows what I mean.
Any tips for flippers/coil power to fix or is that just what happens? I don't have this issue with other Sterns yet. I reduced the power of the right flipper to 235, but that is all. Thanks!

Normal. Don't get worked up over it. Go look at some pins at a arcade, you will see the same thing. Or you can worry yourself to death and go on one of the threads where everyone is complaining about dimples. In the end you will get no where. Just play and enjoy.

#11754 68 days ago

Standard variability (softer playfield) and it’s a bit unfortunate but not the end of the world. My advice is to play the hell out of it and over time you’ll get so many dimples they will all blend together!

#11755 68 days ago

Pinball = Dimples, it's all part of the charm of whacking a steel ball around in a wooden box

#11756 68 days ago

Thanks to all who replied. It's not going to ruin my experience, but I just wanted to know if turning flipper power down prevented it some.

I finally starting to get a hang of the shots, and boy is it addicting. Are the set trap targets hard for everyone, or is there a trick?

#11757 68 days ago

Lighted flippers added to my JP pro. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-flipper-kits-by-arcademadecom

74475863-AB2E-4276-AD57-B884847384E6 (resized).jpegC4BA5BC7-64A9-417D-A583-DB14D9C822E4 (resized).jpeg

#11758 68 days ago

Cool!
Hadn't seen those before. Looks really neat.

#11759 68 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Cool!
Hadn't seen those before. Looks really neat.

Problem with the translucent bats are they ALL bust after a few months of use. Look great but don't last unfortunately

#11760 68 days ago

Thanks to all who replied. It's not going to ruin my experience, but I just wanted to know if turning flipper power down prevented it some.
I finally starting to get a hang of the shots, and boy is it addicting. Are the set trap targets hard for everyone, or is there a trick?

Dimples are definitely normal. Flipper power really doesn't affect it that much. Like others have said, eventually they'll even out and won't be as noticeable. Just one recommendation. For the love of God, please don't buy and install a playfield protector. They change gameplay, allow dust and debris to get underneath, and eventually, they will get hazy from ball travel and look like hammered dog shit. Then you gotta tear the playfield back apart to remove it. I can't emphasize this enough. I cringe every time I see a machine for sale, and the seller says "playfield protector installed from day one" No...just no.

EDIT: Playfield protectors have their place. Like on an older machine with playfield wear, to stop further wear.

#11761 68 days ago

Looks nice!
Just needs mosquito in them!

#11762 68 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looks nice!
Just needs mosquito in them!

Oooohhhhh. Fantastic idea!

#11763 67 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Dimples are definitely normal. Flipper power really doesn't affect it that much. Like others have said, eventually they'll even out and won't be as noticeable. Just one recommendation. For the love of God, please don't buy and install a playfield protector. They change gameplay, allow dust and debris to get underneath, and eventually, they will get hazy from ball travel and look like hammered dog shit. Then you gotta tear the playfield back apart to remove it. I can't emphasize this enough. I cringe every time I see a machine for sale, and the seller says "playfield protector installed from day one" No...just no.
EDIT: Playfield protectors have their place. Like on an older machine with playfield wear, to stop further wear.

Fair enough that's your opinion. But I still see it as being a good selling point, any buyer who doesn't like the protector can cut it out in 2mins and the playfield underneath will be like brand new. I can't imagine why any buyer of a secondhand pinball would not be happy about that.

#11764 67 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

Fair enough that's your opinion. But I still see it as being a good selling point, any buyer who doesn't like the protector can cut it out in 2mins and the playfield underneath will be like brand new. I can't imagine why any buyer of a secondhand pinball would not be happy about that.

You know, I never thought of cutting it out. That's actually a great point. I always shied away from buying games with one installed because I didn't want to put the effort into disassembling the playfield to remove it. I feel embarrassed I never actually thought about cutting it. My other points are still valid though. They change gameplay and once dirt gets under the edges, you can't clean it out, and eventually they become scuffed up and look awful. Anyhooo, it's his machine and I'm sure he'll do as he sees fit.

#11765 67 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Problem with the translucent bats are they ALL bust after a few months of use. Look great but don't last unfortunately

These lighted flippers do use a high strength material as part of the design so they differ from a typical translucent flipper bat.

#11766 67 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeAction:

These lighted flippers do use a high strength material as part of the design so they differ from a typical translucent flipper bat.

This is great news! I have tried several of the WMS translucent bats and the all busted. Finally gave up.

#11767 67 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

I had one installed on my Batman 66 right after purchase... thinking about removing it... how would you cut it out..???

#11768 67 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I had one installed on my Batman 66 right after purchase... thinking about removing it... how would you cut it out..???

I have one on my old Pin-Bot and had one on my Flintstones and found they improved both of those games. I did have to trim one with a box cutter to fit and that was easy. But I will admit I have never cut one away completely after installation.

I assume it would be easy to lift an area around the front of the slings or somewhere and carefully slide some good pointy scissors under it to cut without touching the playfield. As you progress it will be easier to cut and lift to access other areas. Some pins may trap the underlay in some places, I dunno?

I have one here ready to put on my NIB JP Premium when it arrives in a couple of weeks, sorry about that Scribbles

I'm thinking if I apply it from new I won't notice any difference in gameplay and it will preserve my game for resale and for my own enjoyment.

I agree it's a pain to pull a new game apart, will see how it goes, and if I don't like it I will get rid of it.

#11769 67 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

You know, I never thought of cutting it out. That's actually a great point. I always shied away from buying games with one installed because I didn't want to put the effort into disassembling the playfield to remove it. I feel embarrassed I never actually thought about cutting it. My other points are still valid though. They change gameplay and once dirt gets under the edges, you can't clean it out, and eventually they become scuffed up and look awful. Anyhooo, it's his machine and I'm sure he'll do as he sees fit.

Seems to me like cutting it out has high risk of playfield damage .

#11770 67 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Seems to me like cutting it out has high risk of playfield damage .

Only if you try to cut it out with a chisel and hammer. Seriously.

#11771 66 days ago

Hello everyone,

Two new small mods to embellish your Stern 2019 Jurassic Park machine, the Triceratops and the Ankylosaurus , supplied with their mounts (simple screw to undo and put back to fix them).

More images here on my website:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop

IMG_3372 (resized).JPGIMG_3373 (resized).JPGIMG_3495 (resized).JPGIMG_3498 (resized).JPGIMG_3615 (resized).JPG
#11772 64 days ago

Any updates on when the new topper run is expected? Seems like it's been delayed forever.

#11773 64 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Any updates on when the new topper run is expected? Seems like it's been delayed forever.

Good question, I managed to snag one in the recent August run. I think there was supposed to be another run sometime in the fall.

#11774 64 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Good question, I managed to snag one in the recent August run. I think there was supposed to be another run sometime in the fall.

Was there an August run? I know some distros originally had April 2021 delivery scheduled for the new run and those have yet to be made.

#11775 64 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Little shop of games has some in stock!

#11776 64 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Little shop of games has some in stock!

Holy smokes, were these always $1,000??

Seems insane to spend that kind of money on plastic with LEDs lol

665EABF1-08FA-49C0-9E0D-1770AE3D2BD4 (resized).png
#11777 64 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

Maybe Marshall will take cash money!

#11778 64 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

No. MSRP is $600.

#11779 64 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

No. MSRP is $600.

Yeah I knew it had to be cheaper than $1k… SMH.

#11781 64 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah I knew it had to be cheaper than $1k… SMH.

Distros like Nitro and FNO were selling them for MSRP back in Aug. It worked out cuz I got my JP pin delivered right around the time they re-ran all the accessories. Stern act did some good coordination there.

It's a nice-looking topper that suits the machine. It also throws a nice lightshow on the ceiling and walls during certain modes and moments. I think it's worth the $600 msrp, but I wouldn't honestly pay $1000 for it.

#11782 64 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Distros like Nitro and FNO were selling them for MSRP back in Aug. It worked out cuz I got my JP pin delivered right around the time they re-ran all the accessories. Stern act did some good coordination there.
It's a nice-looking topper that suits the machine. It also throws a nice lightshow on the ceiling and walls during certain modes and moments. I think it's worth the $600 msrp, but I wouldn't honestly pay $1000 for it.

Agreed. You could call out these distributors for taking advantage of the market but I guess it’s called the manufactures “suggested” retail price for a reason. If the market will demand it, there’s probably people out there willing to pay it.

I’m not one of those people.

#11783 64 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

I have one on my old Pin-Bot and had one on my Flintstones and found they improved both of those games. I did have to trim one with a box cutter to fit and that was easy. But I will admit I have never cut one away completely after installation.
I assume it would be easy to lift an area around the front of the slings or somewhere and carefully slide some good pointy scissors under it to cut without touching the playfield. As you progress it will be easier to cut and lift to access other areas. Some pins may trap the underlay in some places, I dunno?
I have one here ready to put on my NIB JP Premium when it arrives in a couple of weeks, sorry about that Scribbles
I'm thinking if I apply it from new I won't notice any difference in gameplay and it will preserve my game for resale and for my own enjoyment.
I agree it's a pain to pull a new game apart, will see how it goes, and if I don't like it I will get rid of it.

I had one on my pro when I bought it. I tried to give it a chance but hated it. It does change how the game plays some but worst of all it traps debris under it. Just looks terrible imo. Cutting it out was kind of a pain but nothing complicated. I used scissors and whatever to just rip it out of there. I think I had to loosen the ramps but did not take anything truly apart. I see no point of these things on clear coated modern pf's.

#11784 63 days ago

Hi all! New to pinside and recently placed an order for a JP Prem last month. I heard there was a December run of JP but I’ve heard they’re getting pushed back (more delays; no surprise). Anyone else have an order in the works or have any knowledge on this? Thanks!

#11785 63 days ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Hi all! New to pinside and recently placed an order for a JP Prem last month. I heard there was a December run of JP but I’ve heard they’re getting pushed back (more delays; no surprise). Anyone else have an order in the works or have any knowledge on this? Thanks!

Nobody knows. I have a JP Prem on order from August - was expected in Dec. run as well, but even then they told us "could be December or extend into 2022". Now rumor is that they won't do any builds other than Godzilla until January, so we're all looking at probably late Jan/early Feb at earliest.

#11787 63 days ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

Nobody knows. I have a JP Prem on order from August - was expected in Dec. run as well, but even then they told us "could be December or extend into 2022". Now rumor is that they won't do any builds other than Godzilla until January, so we're all looking at probably late Jan/early Feb at earliest.

Yup, just heard on Zach Meny's podcast that JP Pro and Premiums are now delayed until 2022... Which means we all have to pay the new Godzilla prices. (+$700 for a Pro and +$1,200 for a Premium)

Seems awfully convenient that Stern is "only able to make" Godzilla's until January forcing us to all pay more for the same game.

#11788 63 days ago

If you put it in your cart it says it's backordered.

#11789 63 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you put it in your cart it says it's backordered.

We have a JP Topper, message me your details and we will get you one out

#11790 63 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have a JP Topper, message me your details and we will get you one out

I am interested. Would you happen to know the height in inches? I have limited ceiling space? Thanks!

#11791 63 days ago

The JP Stern lighted flippers are now available at http://www.ArcadeMade.com

JP Stern (resized).jpg
#11792 63 days ago

thinking of picking up a PRO in the near future, does anybody know when is the next run?

#11793 63 days ago

Looking for advice on where to connect GI and flasher connectors for Pin Stadium Neo on Jurassic Park Pro. Can the flasher side be triggered by the shaker motor?
I've seen a lot of pictures of the playfields lit but none of the connections.

#11794 63 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

thinking of picking up a PRO in the near future, does anybody know when is the next run?

Based on https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/236#post-6533274, it sounds like they've been pushed into 2022

#11795 63 days ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

Looking for advice on where to connect GI and flasher connectors for Pin Stadium Neo on Jurassic Park Pro. Can the flasher side be triggered by the shaker motor?

Yes, that is how I have mine connected.

#11796 63 days ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

You can always send Scott at Pinstadium an email about it and he will respond with some recommendations (and usually attaches a picture of the underside of the pf with that recommendation).

#11797 63 days ago

Hello Guys, I got my JP Premium about 3 months ago, light use but I wanted to ask for some help here.

First, it started when the truck started to get from light play "left-right" to "sticky" on the machine. At the point that the ball will stay in the upright position.
We didn't think much of it, but then the stationary ball flew from the truck and even if you set it back, It would not stay.

We asked for our warranty and the pinball dealer sent some technicians to add a new part of the stationary ball from the truck post. I mentioned the "sticky" operation of the truck and the technician loosed it from underneath. So our Truck now has great play, the technicians left....BUUUT....

Now it doesn't register anything, I can't spell "M-A-P" or move the dinosaurs or nothing. We still don't know what happened. I opened the machine, pressed the switches, but I can't get it to work.

You guys got any ideas? all this happened when I asked to the truck to be loosened up, do you have any ideas what would have happened?

#11798 63 days ago
Quoted from reichan:

pinball dealer sent some technicians

WOW.....lucky you, I live in Tasmania, no Stern distributor or Tech is EVER going to come to my place to look at my pins.

#11799 63 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had one on my pro when I bought it. I tried to give it a chance but hated it. It does change how the game plays some but worst of all it traps debris under it. Just looks terrible imo. Cutting it out was kind of a pain but nothing complicated. I used scissors and whatever to just rip it out of there. I think I had to loosen the ramps but did not take anything truly apart. I see no point of these things on clear coated modern pf's.

Buying a NIB Pinball before I have ever played it is like......ummm, I dunno putting a ring on it it too early IMO. I'm considering wearing a condom on my playfield just in case we are not a good match.

If later I decide I trust the game and it's a keeper I might reconsider.

Play safe

(PS the protectors I have on old games never look bad or have dirt under them, I suppose it depends on the environment?)

#11800 63 days ago

Pf protectors are disgusting and should not exist. lol

There are 12,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 248.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside