(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,926 posts
  • 963 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by RC_like_the_cola
  • Topic is favorited by 510 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211023_140837 (resized).jpg
20211023_140833 (resized).jpg
5019D9A1-3C9F-41E0-98E2-A56499F11247 (resized).jpeg
20211019_112326 (resized).jpg
20211019_112359 (resized).jpg
7A5090C9-BC47-4BFA-AB4D-4362CF9E7995 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5050 (resized).JPG
IMG_5049 (resized).JPG
IMG_5047 (resized).JPG
JP upper flipper (resized).jpg
20211016_212502215_iOS (resized).jpg
2D2A3871-E7FC-4213-A95F-C237ED333EE6 (resized).jpeg
7CCFBF53-29B2-4F0F-9A17-D15C04656522 (resized).jpeg
3C35D4EE-3B4C-48AC-9726-F8D0E8AF2620 (resized).jpeg
3185FE14-E7F9-497D-9842-BCF1C7969F48 (resized).jpeg
870B75DB-99B9-410A-A597-C8967CC7223B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11926 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 239.
#11701 32 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I do need to play it with original code. I’d like to see if I’m missing much from the rules.

You're not.

#11702 32 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I do need to play it with original code. I’d like to see if I’m missing much from the rules.

Original code is great. Original code for Guardians without clelands sound mod, definitely not. I was lucky to get mine NIB from stern with a build date of March 17th 2021 and with 1.06 code.

#11703 32 days ago

Original code with my attract mode videos FTW. The game looks great running cool attract mode videos when not playing and makes the pin lineup more interesting to look at.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xnxAaLLWpSZhBeK79

#11704 32 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Original code is better, this game is very intentional and cohesive…

A small minority..

#11705 32 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

A small minority..

Game has nothing to do with the movie…

#11706 32 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am guessing you mean Lior... is this really happening..?? I hope so.... have signs and Trex....

Yes and yes he stated he has plans for it. Looking for it to show up here one day!

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/category/pinball-mods/

#11707 32 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ah ah ah!
dennis-nedry-no.gif

#11708 32 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

yea, but several (if not most) of the movie replacements for the animation are almost scene-for-scene replacements. There are obvious ones like the computer hacking stuff, the Trex feeding with the goat, the spinning sign for the loops, or the amber and dna scenes....but there are many more non-obvious ones like Ellie pushing buttons from the movie corresponding to similar switches triggered in the game, or her turning on the power and the associated mode in the game, the raptor cage being locked into place and the light lighting up to match the in game lock, etc.

I didn't realize how close they were tied until I went through each video via Pinbrowser seeing if there were any I wanted to revert back to the original and seeing how many of them were a very close match with real movie scenes.

The only thing that is major out of place is the rescues IMO.

#11709 32 days ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

The only thing that is major out of place is the rescues IMO.

"Only" the entire point of the game. It's awful seeing the same movie scene over and over for rescues of characters not even in the game.

#11710 31 days ago

Amber pops plus chaos multiball plus peppering the middle spinner to throw balls into pops can be monstrous!

PXL_20210921_205727012 (resized).jpg
#11711 30 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Mate, he's gone passed me. 7 years old and he regularly smacks me haha, I'm certain I need my eyes checked . I'll open her up again, but the collar was firmly in place and I assume correctly positioned. When the truck is positioned far left or right, the opto is covered, uncovering as it rotates. The manual doesn't seem to show how it works in relation to the opto, but it seems correct.
[quoted image]

I am having the same issue!
I cleaned tthe mech as it was sticky, lubed it with a bit of silicone lube and now it doesn’t register...
Help?

#11712 30 days ago

Mechanism seems correct underneath... no?

image (resized).jpg
#11713 30 days ago

I figured it out. Leaving the above pic on here for anyone else that Removes the truck...
The blade on the piece with the allen screw must be forward facing so that it passes in BETWEEN the black plastic opto thingy...DUH!
Lol... i am such a bonehead. A 10 minute job turned into an hour...Sigh

#11714 30 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

I am having the same issue!
I cleaned tthe mech as it was sticky, lubed it with a bit of silicone lube and now it doesn’t register...
Help?

I have no solution yet sorry T. Some days I turn JP on and everything registers fine, other days it doesn't. Everything appears to be solid, there must be an electrical/mechanical fault in there somewhere though.

#11715 30 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

I figured it out. Leaving the above pic on here for anyone else that Removes the truck...
The blade on the piece with the allen screw must be forward facing so that it passes in BETWEEN the black plastic opto thingy...DUH!
Lol... i am such a bonehead. A 10 minute job turned into an hour...Sigh

So which direction is the truck facing in the above pic? And further, when the truck is facing hard left or right, did you confirm the position of the metal "piece with the allen screw"? I can get any clarification on this.

#11716 30 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So which direction is the truck facing in the above pic? And further, when the truck is facing hard left or right, did you confirm the position of the metal "piece with the allen screw"? I can get any clarification on this.

In that picture the playfield is up and the weight of the ball attached to the truck makes the truck face the flippers.

OP stated his mistake. The metal piece with the allen screw is upside down/reversed. The tab should be in your way and blocking your view of the allen screw.

The tab ends up in the middle of the black optos sensors when the truck faces either left or right. 2 directions. 2 optos.

The shaft has a flat spot for the allen screw. there is no way to mess up the alignment. Just make sure the tab blocks your view of the allen screw and complicates your life for installation.

#11717 30 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

In that picture the playfield is up and the weight of the ball attached to the truck makes the truck face the flippers.
OP stated his mistake. The metal piece with the allen screw is upside down. The tab should be in your way and blocking your view of the allen screw.
The tab ends up in the middle of the black optos sensors when the truck faces either left or right. 2 directions. 2 optos.
The shaft has a flat spot for the allen screw. there is no way to mess up the alignment. Just make sure the tab blocks your view of the allen screw and complicates your life for installation.

This. ^^^
Exactly.

#11718 30 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

OP stated his mistake. The metal piece with the allen screw is upside down/reversed. The tab should be in your way and blocking your view of the allen screw.

Actually you *can* mess up the alignment of the collar if you are unaware of the following two details:
1) Since the shaft has a flat surface on one side, IF you can rotate the collar by more than 50-degrees in either direction, then the allen screw will bite into the rounded part of the shaft and you may not even know it. Locking it down at 180-degrees off is quite possible and will result in what was seen above.
2) But more troubling, is if you tighten the set screw too tight while the shaft is positioned in the right direction, but with too little vertical gap, the truck will rub the playfield and wont spin freely. Overtightening the set screw will create a crater in the flat area, and if the vertical gap is too small, it's then impossible to fix the vertical gap unless you repair the shaft flat surface to remove the crater. (easy enough to repair the shaft with a flat file)

#11719 30 days ago

Anyone know of any distributors with Stern shooter rods in stock right now?

#11720 30 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone know of any distributors with Stern shooter rods in stock right now?

https://gameroomgoodies.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-light-up-shooter-rod-stern-pinball?_pos=4&_sid=6e7fdbd5d&_ss=r

just ordered one from them recently

#11721 30 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Actually you *can* mess up the alignment of the collar if you are unaware of the following two details:
1) Since the shaft has a flat surface on one side, IF you can rotate the collar by more than 50-degrees in either direction, then the allen screw will bite into the rounded part of the shaft and you may not even know it. Locking it down at 180-degrees off is quite possible and will result in what was seen above.
2) But more troubling, is if you tighten the set screw too tight while the shaft is positioned in the right direction, but with too little vertical gap, the truck will rub the playfield and wont spin freely. Overtightening the set screw will create a crater in the flat area, and if the vertical gap is too small, it's then impossible to fix the vertical gap unless you repair the shaft flat surface to remove the crater. (easy enough to repair the shaft with a flat file)

How did you make out with the new "Thrust Ball Bearings" you installed on your Jeep? I saw that you mentioned you were replacing the first set of bearings you added with a different set?
Thanks
Ralph

#11723 30 days ago

Yes I knew that but I assumed that anyone with some intellect could correctly deduce that a flat spot on a shaft would be where to have a set screw lol. Maybe I should lower my expectations? I meant to say there is nothing to 'align'. You can't be off by a few degrees.

Oh and by the way if you look at the picture above it is positioned correctly on the flat spot albeit in reverse. You make it sound like it's 180 degrees out. It is not look closely.

BTW good point on leaving a little play in the shaft before tightening down.

#11724 29 days ago

So, I’m in on a JP Prem…but with the pandemic and shortages across the globe…will Stern keep making this…or is it done and I should move on…Godzilla and Mando are taking the supply. Just wondering.

#11725 29 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, I’m in on a JP Prem…but with the pandemic and shortages across the globe…will Stern keep making this…or is it done and I should move on…Godzilla and Mando are taking the supply. Just wondering.

There’s supposed to be a December run,but I’m afraid Stern might delay it so they can grab the 2022 price increase?

#11726 29 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

There’s supposed to be a December run,but I’m afraid Stern might delay it so they can grab the 2022 price increase?

My distro has committed to only a $200 increase…which is cool. But my fear is Stern just cancels all JP production.

#11727 29 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

My distributor told me the next JP pro run was scheduled for November. If I can’t get in before the price increase then I’d likely cancel it.

#11728 29 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

How did you make out with the new "Thrust Ball Bearings" you installed on your Jeep? I saw that you mentioned you were replacing the first set of bearings you added with a different set?
Thanks
Ralph

They work terrific. I ended up using the smaller F7-13M bearing. Fits right where the plastic one fits.

#11729 29 days ago

They work terrific. I ended up using the smaller F7-13M bearing. Fits right where the plastic one fits.

Thank you,any chance you still have the link for these bearings? I have the first set you recommended on my Amazon list. I’ll have to switch them out for the new ones you switched to. I have plenty of time,since my game won’t be ready until December ,if all goes well?

#11730 29 days ago

Just wanted to report that I installed the "T-Rex alive" mod from yoyokopter a couple days ago...and it's awesome

The package arrived very neatly organized, the instructions were clear and precise. The install itself took about 10 minutes, and the overall effect is even better than I was anticipating. I am very happy with this mod!

#11731 29 days ago

Help please - I managed to lose the small black allen screw that holds the metal part interrupting the opto beams to the truck shaft. Does anybody know the exact dimensions? I can't find it in the manual. Thanks!

#11732 29 days ago
Quoted from Inpw:

Help please - I managed to lose the small black allen screw that holds the metal part interrupting the opto beams to the truck shaft. Does anybody know the exact dimensions? I can't find it in the manual. Thanks!

If it were me, I'd be looking until I found it. I can't leave a metal part lost in a cabinet hoping it doesn't settle in somewhere and cause a short.

#11733 29 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thank you,any chance you still have the link for these bearings? I have the first set you recommended on my Amazon list. I’ll have to switch them out for the new ones you switched to. I have plenty of time,since my game won’t be ready until December ,if all goes well?

The thrust bearings comes in two styles: one with flat and one with channeled sandwiched washers, depending on the manufacturer. I went with the channeled type surrounding washer which apparently extends the life of the bearing and reduced maintenance since the bearings don't have to mesh with a flat surface. The links have changed, but here is one:
amazon.com link »

#11735 29 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If it were me, I'd be looking until I found it. I can't leave a metal part lost in a cabinet hoping it doesn't settle in somewhere and cause a short.

Thanks, I found it. I had to tear down everything on the underside between the truck and the backboard before it finally decided to drop down into the cabinet. Found a couple of washers lost during assembly, too.

#11736 29 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

My distributor told me the next JP pro run was scheduled for November. If I can’t get in before the price increase then I’d likely cancel it.

I'm in for a premium and was told Dec. I will also cancel if delayed and had to pay the increase

#11737 29 days ago

The thrust bearings comes in two styles: one with flat and one with channeled sandwiched washers, depending on the manufacturer. I went with the channeled type surrounding washer which apparently extends the life of the bearing and reduced maintenance since the bearings don't have to mesh with a flat surface. The links have changed, but here is one:
amazon.com link »

Thanks for the help !

#11738 29 days ago

I have an extra shooter rod new in box. I ordered 2 by mistake. Ill sell it cheaper than this. Send me a PM if interested.

#11739 29 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I'm in for a premium and was told Dec. I will also cancel if delayed and had to pay the increase

So how many people realistically do you think are actively in line at any given distributor for the December run. Are we talking dozens? Hundreds? Reason I ask is I was told I'm about midway in the list, but I'm curious if that means I'm like 5 or 20 or 100th place.

I guess I could ask the distributor, but just curious how many people are actually lined up for this already.

#11740 29 days ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

So how many people realistically do you think are actively in line at any given distributor for the December run. Are we talking dozens? Hundreds? Reason I ask is I was told I'm about midway in the list, but I'm curious if that means I'm like 5 or 20 or 100th place.
I guess I could ask the distributor, but just curious how many people are actually lined up for this already.

IDK if it's so mush as where you are on the list as it is about delays. I would think more people are jumping on board with Godzilla.

#11741 27 days ago

Hey Folks. Searched the forum and couldn't find the answer to this problem. My raptor pen gate is raising and lowering just fine. However, on ball capture in the pen the metal bar is stopping the ball but the gate isn't raising to hold the it. The ball is released and play resumes - I still get the MB by hitting the pen a number of times. Just wondering why my gate isn't raising. Also, once game ends and i start a new game, the gate goes back up.

SMH. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

#11742 27 days ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hey Folks. Searched the forum and couldn't find the answer to this problem. My raptor pen gate is raising and lowering just fine. However, on ball capture in the pen the metal bar is stopping the ball but the gate isn't raising to hold the it. The ball is released and play resumes - I still get the MB by hitting the pen a number of times. Just wondering why my gate isn't raising. Also, once game ends and i start a new game, the gate goes back up.
SMH. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

There is both pro and premium/LE owners on this particular thread, but you may want to take this issue to the JP premium/LE thread (as there will be others with that gate mechanism to look at it and help you troubleshoot the issue).

Link for that thread is below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/159#post-6450129

#11743 27 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is both pro and premium/LE owners on this particular thread, but you may want to take this issue to the JP premium/LE thread (as there will be others with that gate mechanism to look at it and help you troubleshoot the issue).
Link for that thread is below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/159#post-6450129

What we need is another club thread for Pro only owners I really hope this two club thread for the same game,dies with JP.

#11744 25 days ago

I do have a question for you guys, and hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm thinking here:

So I'm looking at getting the sign mods from Mezel, specifically the signposts of the T-Rex Paddock, the East Dock, and the Helipad signposts. I'm attaching an image as an example of one of them.

So my concern is that while I'm playing this game, when you get some of the ramp combos going, it can really get the ball moving fast and even launching the ball in the air. I'm worried that if this happens, that pinball can strike one of these $30 signposts and break it. Anyone have an issue with this or can weigh in on how sturdy these signposts are?

Thanks!

sign example (resized).PNG
#11745 25 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

on how sturdy these signposts are?
Thanks![quoted image]

They aren't. Air balls will break them. I know

#11746 25 days ago

Has anyone put a premium T-Rex in a pro ?
I have an assembly, wondering if it’s possible ?

#11747 25 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They aren't. Air balls will break them. I know

Uh huh! Yeah I was afraid of that. I think I will save my bucks and get some different mods. Thanks!

#11748 24 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Based on the assembly I would say no... but...anything is possible...

#11749 24 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Physically it'd probably fit however the Pro software wouldn't activate T-Rex; and the Prem/LE code wouldn't be suitable because the raptor gate and code is different to the Pro. Also I believe the optos on the left ramp are different between the models.

#11750 24 days ago

I don't have the Mezel mods sign, but did 3d print one myself, similar to in your picture. A ball would definitely destroy it, but I have yet to have an airball in that area for the almost a year I have owned it. So not indestructible, but not a place where airballs frequent in my experience.

Quoted from Stormfront:

I do have a question for you guys, and hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm thinking here:
So I'm looking at getting the sign mods from Mezel, specifically the signposts of the T-Rex Paddock, the East Dock, and the Helipad signposts. I'm attaching an image as an example of one of them.
So my concern is that while I'm playing this game, when you get some of the ramp combos going, it can really get the ball moving fast and even launching the ball in the air. I'm worried that if this happens, that pinball can strike one of these $30 signposts and break it. Anyone have an issue with this or can weigh in on how sturdy these signposts are?
Thanks![quoted image]

There are 11926 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 239.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside