(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,673 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 493 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210914_172441835 (resized).jpg
647E6E30-ECCC-48E2-A1E8-234E716B5C05 (resized).jpeg
D10BA3C3-3A55-4340-8F5D-4E1DD5D36BD5 (resized).jpeg
D1D2E82F-2308-463A-8954-CCA0FD5C9660 (resized).jpeg
EFACFD29-9995-47A3-8E39-44AD421C0EB2 (resized).jpeg
A706F86F-1CD1-4F3E-BCD3-0672242A89E8 (resized).jpeg
6B3C4764-ABE6-4AF8-B894-06E71AF03C09 (resized).jpeg
3E46B9E0-3F76-4DA7-9F87-8FF7C619420F (resized).jpeg
3CA379DA-C6D3-40DB-8C59-548703BF4C1A (resized).jpeg
A638408F-C705-4501-95E8-CAE0EC062332 (resized).jpeg
8E877AA2-88EF-4CC0-8C2B-A1DDF48362DE (resized).jpeg
A4FA0971-85A1-4FF7-96B6-E53C5B32B5B6 (resized).jpeg
0ECCA48B-8527-4AA3-9887-A1AAFE83B24E (resized).jpeg
D4B76CA1-1BD4-4238-8A0C-013560252E4F (resized).jpeg
20210903_230702 (resized).jpg
IMG_4452 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11673 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 234.
#11651 3 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The vendor that I bought my game from told me that the movie code is why Stern went with the WIFI bullshit. You can no longer write your own code or update it on your own or add songs, the people that own some Led Zeppelin songs are pissed that people are installing their songs on the game. You can do nothing to the code at all to any game. I think its funny. Im waiting for them to tell people thy have to remove the custom code from the games that have it. The way I see it, my game is worth more.

At this point it's pretty funny. Stern: "Please give us more money so we can give you an add-on board that will prevent you from having custom code.".

Hmmmmm. How 'bout NO.

#11652 3 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

At this point it's pretty funny. Stern: "Please give us more money so we can give you an add-on board that will prevent you from having custom code.".
Hmmmmm. How 'bout NO.

Someone will figure out a reach around err, I mean a work around.

#11653 3 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The vendor that I bought my game from told me that the movie code is why Stern went with the WIFI bullshit. You can no longer write your own code or update it on your own or add songs, the people that own some Led Zeppelin songs are pissed that people are installing their songs on the game. You can do nothing to the code at all to any game. I think its funny. Im waiting for them to tell people thy have to remove the custom code from the games that have it. The way I see it, my game is worth more.

That’s too bad. It made JP a masterpiece. And Star Wars, etc.

#11654 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s too bad. It made JP a masterpiece. And Star Wars, etc.

What did they do to Star Wars? Is it as good as the JP mod?

#11655 3 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Mostly more John Williams music (no video changes). It's ok but not amazing. The version I have isn't really all that good to me especially the light sabre duel music but I'm too lazy to switch it back. I have to pull the machine out to access the backbox.

I may make my own if I have the spare time - not likely soon.

#11656 3 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yeah. Just more legendary music. The one I got is amazing.

#11657 3 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mostly more John Williams music (no video changes). It's ok but not amazing. The version I have isn't really all that good to me especially the light sabre duel music but I'm too lazy to switch it back. I have to pull the machine out to access the backbox.
I may make my own if I have the spare time - not likely soon.

Star Wars is a great game, especially the comic version.

#11658 3 days ago

Just watched the Godzilla release teaser and decided to get one quick JP game in after lunch...what a day.

PXL_20210914_172441835 (resized).jpg
#11659 3 days ago
Quoted from jlock:

Just watched the Godzilla release teaser and decided to get one quick JP game in after lunch...what a day.
[quoted image]

SHIT

#11660 3 days ago

I’m in on a JP Prem. Unfortunately, I’m number 3 on his list and he got only 2 from Stern. Now it’ll be 4th quarter. The real kicker is that after the end of this month, all Stern games ship with this board…so you don’t have a choice. Plus, either pay more or cancel your order. I don’t blame the distro…he has no control, but the official price increase is $800 or so…damn!

#11661 3 days ago

Yeah the price increase sucks. Do you know if the new machines will ship with the wifi “upgrade”? I haven’t even played the original code, so I can’t say if that’s bad or not.

#11662 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah the price increase sucks. Do you know if the new machines will ship with the wifi “upgrade”? I haven’t even played the original code, so I can’t say if that’s bad or not.

Ya, I think that’s the main excuse for the price increase.

#11663 3 days ago

Stop buying the games. Tell Stern you dont want the WIFI or the price increase.

#11664 3 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stop buying the games. Tell Stern you dont want the WIFI or the price increase.

It’s a possibility. Just picked up Halloween and have AMH on its way. First JJP jacks their price and now Stern. My games are HUO, so really don’t need the WiFi “upgrade”…seems to me it’s just an app to try to get people back in arcades (keep track of your scores etc.)

#11665 2 days ago

I noticed on Stern's website that the price increase is only listed for Godzilla. The old prices are still listed for the older games. Did they just forget to change them? Can't imagine nobody thought of it at Stern.

Quoted from dnapac:

I’m in on a JP Prem. Unfortunately, I’m number 3 on his list and he got only 2 from Stern. Now it’ll be 4th quarter. The real kicker is that after the end of this month, all Stern games ship with this board…so you don’t have a choice. Plus, either pay more or cancel your order. I don’t blame the distro…he has no control, but the official price increase is $800 or so…damn!

#11666 2 days ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I noticed on Stern's website that the price increase is only listed for Godzilla. The old prices are still listed for the older games. Did they just forget to change them? Can't imagine nobody thought of it at Stern.

Hmmmm. You’re right. Maybe my distro screwed up on his pricing on his site for his Stern pins. I know there is a price increase…but now not sure how much. Anybody have additional info? Other distros seem to have the original prices, which I know will be increasing, but for one reason or the other aren’t showing them…maybe it’s not determined yet?

#11667 2 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Anybody have additional info?

Straight from the horse’s mouth…

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269

“We must raise Godzilla wholesale price $600 for Pro’s and $500 for Premium/LE. Because all the other LCD commercial games manufactured after we start Godzilla will contain the Insider Connected components, we must raise the wholesale price $200 for these games; that’s about the wholesale price of Insider Connected retrofit kits. (We will soon announce a 6 months discount price for the kits.) All commercial LCD games shipped after January 1, 2022 will increase to the Godzilla wholesale price.”

My read of this is…
- Godzilla is at the new price from day 1

- Non-Godzilla titles bought (received?) between now and dec 31 will cost the distributor $200 more. (They could charge you more than / less than / exactly $200 more than the old price)

- Non-Godzilla titles bought (received?) after Jan 1 will be at the new, higher Godzilla price.

#11668 2 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Straight from the horse’s mouth…
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269
“We must raise Godzilla wholesale price $600 for Pro’s and $500 for Premium/LE. Because all the other LCD commercial games manufactured after we start Godzilla will contain the Insider Connected components, we must raise the wholesale price $200 for these games; that’s about the wholesale price of Insider Connected retrofit kits. (We will soon announce a 6 months discount price for the kits.) All commercial LCD games shipped after January 1, 2022 will increase to the Godzilla wholesale price.”
My read of this is…
- Godzilla is at the new price from day 1
- Non-Godzilla titles bought (received?) between now and dec 31 will cost the distributor $200 more. (They could charge you more than / less than / exactly $200 more than the old price)
- Non-Godzilla titles bought (received?) after Jan 1 will be at the new, higher Godzilla price.

Ah! This makes total sense. I was reluctant to share that my distro said he’d need to charge $200 more for my JP Prem, but his site shows 8699.99 (which I think is just a mistake when he added Godzilla now). So, I was wrong…not $800, but will be an increase in price…for something a HUO pin won’t really use…or at least not me. I’m still in. This is an incredible pin…even thought about selling my Metallica for it…but the wife found room for it. So all is good!!

#11669 2 days ago
Quoted from scootss:Straight from the horse’s mouth…

Well shit, as someone whose JP is scheduled for the December run, but likely will extend into 2022, this sucks. Those at the top of the distributors list will get that December run at a cheaper price than those in the middle/end whose orders will be shipping into January.

#11670 1 day ago

Does anyone know how tall the stern topper is? I have low ceilings and it may be a tight fit thanks

#11671 1 day ago
Quoted from medic7000:

Does anyone know how tall the stern topper is? I have low ceilings and it may be a tight fit thanks

Approximately 7.5 inches.

#11672 20 hours ago

My JPLE has been mostly flawless since day one, however recently I've been having a few gremlins appear. The latest, the truck won't register left/right turns.

I opened her up, checked the onto was in place, re-connected the wiring, rebooted, performed a switch test and it seemed to work again. A few days later its happening again... Any thoughts?

#11673 13 hours ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My JPLE has been mostly flawless since day one, however recently I've been having a few gremlins appear. The latest, the truck won't register left/right turns.
I opened her up, checked the onto was in place, re-connected the wiring, rebooted, performed a switch test and it seemed to work again. A few days later its happening again... Any thoughts?

Is the ball attached to the truck shaft stopping prior to newton ball, such that it's not activated the opto? Often the shaft and thrust bearing need to be cleaned. Or does the truck move properly through it's full range and it seems solely an electrical issue - is the connector or header connectivity causing the issue?

There are 11673 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 234.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside