(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 424.
#1051 4 years ago

How does a coil stop break so quickly??

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

How does a coil stop break so quickly??

Bad parts happen sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Update: Found the cause - broken coil stop on the flipper. Pillaged one from Star Wars and I’m back up for now!

These Stern coil stops are a joke.

#1054 4 years ago

Was just revisiting a thread I started about coil stops on Deadpool. Had to replace the stop on the right flipper twice in the first 1400 plays. Someone chimed in with this nugget, which I had forgotten about:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-coil-stops-are-worthless#post-4699083

I'll save you a click: Move the spring washer to the other side of the coil so it doesn't decapitate your coil stop. Seems worth trying.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m having a weird issue. The left flipper seems to have lost holding power - I noticed that a ball bouncing off of it made it tip downward rather than holding steady.
The right flipper is solid and holds well.
Video demonstrating the issue:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;FF429EA0-50CF-40B7-8882-90D1823A0B7D
I have confirmed the voltage matches on both flippers when engaged.
I have confirmed that the EOS switch is open when the flipper is in the top position, and closed when it’s not.
I have confirmed that the pawl nut is extremely tight, and the flipper bat is not loose.
What else is left? What could this be? I believe anathematize saw the same issue earlier in the thread.

Just played the JP2 Pro @ Minnesota State Fair. Same issue. Assume bad coil stops. Tilt Pinball Bars plays great.

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What else is left? What could this be? I believe anathematize saw the same issue earlier in the thread.

yea. i think its the cheap ass coil stops that stern is using. definitely the exact same behavior we've been seeing on the JP we have at the pinball club. glad to hear its an easy fix and i'm starting to wonder why stern isn't just using something more robust right out of the gate from the factory. i feel like all of our earlier stern machines (including IM and Deadpool) haven't had this specific issue but i'm sure it has happened in the past. frankly it makes something like AC/DC look like a tank in comparison.

it really can't be more than a 25 cent savings per machine with the quantities they are buying. but i guess its those little things that keep stern as the most profitable pinball company in the land.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You get what ya pay for!

#1058 4 years ago

Not a big deal, but I cut my hand on the glass for the first time in this hobby. I was pulling the glass out of the play field and was sliding it down to catch it with my foot and it cut my hand. The glass is supposed to be smooth and sanded before buying, but you can opt out if you want. I'm just curious if it's more cost saving. Dunno. Maybe this piece of glass just wasn't done as good as it should have been
thumbnail (resized).jpegthumbnail (resized).jpeg

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

You get what ya pay for!

Ya, I love the game, but the coil stops are a joke.

#1060 4 years ago

Ouch, I’m sorry you cut your hand. I’ve done the same injury with that maneuver, but many years ago. I don’t think I’ve ever seen standard playfield glass with sanded edges. That’s one of the things I love about PDI glass.

#1061 4 years ago

So I was at Target last night and I spotted a potential good replacement for the T-Rex head in Jurassic Park. For the Pro owners I think this version looks way better and looks to be the right scale and size for the game. I think you could chop off the head with a chop saw to get a nice even cut, then I would take it a step further and do some detailed painting to make it pop even more. I think the one Stern used looks like a cheap dollar store Loch ness monster with teeth. I am still waiting to see what happens with all the issues before jumping in the pool, but thought it was cool and that I should share it...
Super Colossal T-Rex.jpgSuper Colossal T-Rex.jpgT-Rex toy.jpgT-Rex toy.jpg

#1062 4 years ago

Played the game for hours yesterday on location . Game had Flipper fidelity sound and shaker.

I am overwhelmed with excitement for this title as it may prove to be the best game ever!! Every switch you hit has a corresponding cool sound to it that works well with a subwoofer. Animations are top notch fun.

Now for the debbie-downer part .

Left side had significant pooling on the sling star post and the right side had already chipped off a sliver of art work.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Played the game for hours yesterday on location . Game had Flipper fidelity sound and shaker.
I am overwhelmed with excitement for this title as it may prove to be the best game ever!! Every switch you hit has a corresponding cool sound to it that works well with a subwoofer. Animations are top notch fun.
Now for the debbie-downer part .
Left side had significant pooling on the sling star post and the right side had already chipped off a sliver of art work.

Yup. Poor QC. Not buying anything nib for a long time. Saves me mad money. But the premium was my going to be my order.

#1064 4 years ago

We need a “Decided not to become an owner club”. I’m still happy with my decision to jump in now. Time will tell whether the clearcoat issue is widespread or not. I have a friend with three JP2’s on location right now, one on free play. I’ll check in with him and see how they’re doing. I know he told me that the game is earning like crazy.

#1065 4 years ago

Hey swampfire, did I see a raptor mounted by the pen in the corner of one of your pics?? If you have it done, I'm curious how you mounted it. I made a small rod with an eye hole at one end out of a piece of coat hanger. Mounted the eye under an existing screw. The other end of the rod simply goes up into my Raptors belly securing him nicely. The rod isn't visible at all once its mounted.

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Some last a loooong time and some not as long.
My Deadpool has like 10k plays and no prob yet, but a customer's Iron Maiden wrecked kinda quick.

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was there enough room for the nut under the flipper plate?

I'm not pulling a flipper mech apart just to check...

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hey swampfire, did I see a raptor mounted by the pen in the corner of one of your pics?? If you have it done, I'm curious how you mounted it. I made a small rod with an eye hole at one end out of a piece of coat hanger. Mounted the eye under an existing screw. The other end of the rod simply goes up into my Raptors belly securing him nicely. The rod isn't visible at all once its mounted.

I haven’t mounted mine yet, was just checking it for size. I like your method and I’m going to do the same thing.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm not pulling a flipper mech apart just to check...

??

So you didn’t use a nut on the underside, just a longer thread? In that case it obviously fitted otherwise you wouldn’t have been able to thread it all the way down.

I thought that was why you were using the longer thread - so you could put a lock nut on the underside.

Be interested to hear if the longer thread alone makes a difference.

#1070 4 years ago

Am I the only person who doesn't see any reason to go for the Raptor pit shot, at least with the code "as is"? Even after 3-4 shots and we "capture" the Raptor, no points are given and the ball just rolls back down into play. Woo-hoo, real exciting. Then after trying to hit it another 8-10 times, maaaaybe you get the Tri-Raptor multi-ball, which I've gotten once_ in two weeks, I believe. Lots of drains down the middle though, when trying to hit the Raptor cage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and its shots! In fact, I actually really like the Raptor cage too (the sounds when you hit it, the lights) but there are very few POINTS attached to much of it, and it takes forever the get the multi-ball, despite the toughness of the shot.

HOPEFULLY this is one of the aspects they improve in next code update...

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Am I the only person who doesn't see any reason to go for the Raptor pit shot, at least with the code "as is"? Even after 3-4 shots and we "capture" the Raptor, no points are given and the ball just rolls back down into play. Woo-hoo, real exciting. Then after trying to hit it another 8-10 times, maaaaybe you get the Tri-Raptor multi-ball, which I've gotten once_ in two weeks, I believe. Lots of drains down the middle though, when trying to hit the Raptor cage.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and its shots! In fact, I actually really like the Raptor cage too (the sounds when you hit it, the lights) but there are very few POINTS attached to much of it, and it takes forever the get the multi-ball, despite the toughness of the shot.

The raptor shot(s) are monotonous but the animations are spectacular . I have full faith in Keith and team to spice it up a bit.

Might need something like "right inlane rollover to raptor gives 2 shots or completes a stage"

Have you seen Mezel Mods raptor mod . Really adds an extra visual element.

#1072 4 years ago

"Control room modes are lit by:

- Catching your first dinosaur
- Spelling CHAOS twice
- Starting raptor MB
- 15 tower shots"

If you want to see the 4th mode which I assume is a mini wizard mode, you need to incorporate some raptors into your strategy.

I'm not actually sure it's coded yet though. I've completed the main 3, but was never able to start the 4th because I haven't even gotten close to 15 tower shots.

#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

i've felt pretty much the same way. i think the overall raptor pen progress needs to be displayed better on the screen and the playfield and - correct me if i'm wrong - but maybe some progress needs to be carried over ball to ball. at this point it reminds me of the gravemarker MB in Metallica but without as much visual information and value.

frankly i've never seen a raptor MB in all of the games i've played because everything else just seems to be more logical/valuable to go for if you want to progress. but i'm pretty confident that it will get more fleshed out by the time the code gets to 1.0

#1074 4 years ago

This wait for the LE is killing me, there’s a pro local but I’ve been holding out to have my first play on JP be on my own game.

#1075 4 years ago

The gameplay on JP2 is fantastic, code is getting fantastic. Gonna be a beast if they support us. Its awesome.

#1076 4 years ago

All three together at last just got mine set up.

20190901_163302 (resized).jpg20190901_163302 (resized).jpg20190901_164319 (resized).jpg20190901_164319 (resized).jpg
#1077 4 years ago

Spent the past couple days in Krakow and saw this cheap tourist shirt teasing me as I wait on my JP2 and couldn't resist buying one

74E65BD4-8EEC-4B70-A975-147427FBBB97 (resized).jpeg74E65BD4-8EEC-4B70-A975-147427FBBB97 (resized).jpeg
#1078 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Ramp and Rail Accents
Along with our "Warning" flipper toppers
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

Jurassic-Park-Ramp-Rail-Accents-06 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Ramp-Rail-Accents-06 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.38.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.38.43 PM (resized).png
#1079 4 years ago

While I like the art and aesthetics of the stock 2-tier sling plastics, I’m not a fan of anything blocking my view of the inlanes. Is anyone working on replacement sling plastics?

#1080 4 years ago

Got lucky and found 2 pros on location this weekend. Friday the wife and I enjoyed the first few public games over at Floyd’s arcade in Roanoke IN and then today lucked out to be flipping at Summit City when they wheeled on their pro. Played on it for 2 hours. We are obsessed. This will be the first game we purchase for our home. Just found out that Wizard’s World pinball down the road is getting a premium in the next couple weeks. Pretty lucky to have 3 choices for JP2 within 20 minutes of our house to play on location. Still haven’t gotten the 3 ramp combo’d skill shot or Chaos multiball. Can’t wait to become a better pinball player so I can advance deeper into this game.

A5037370-B268-480C-B94C-2B058A6271EC (resized).jpegA5037370-B268-480C-B94C-2B058A6271EC (resized).jpegA84EC6A5-9AA4-4019-98F3-2B388C4B1E47 (resized).jpegA84EC6A5-9AA4-4019-98F3-2B388C4B1E47 (resized).jpeg
#1081 4 years ago

Jurassic Park: Stern PinGulp Beverage Caddy
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

Jurassic-Park-Icon-PinGulp-Mod (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Icon-PinGulp-Mod (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-T-Rex-PinGulp-Mod (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-T-Rex-PinGulp-Mod (resized).jpg
#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've actually played multiple games where all I did was shoot for the raptor pen, just to get raptor MB, and familiarize myself with which shots work, and which don't. Bottom line for me: it's a lot of work to get to raptor MB, and high risk for drains shooting at the pen. Perhaps they should decrease the difficulty and increase the reward a bit.

#1083 4 years ago

Agree, Raptor seems like a bit of chopping wood. Once I learned how valuable it could be (seeing the 600m Raptor MB played split flipper on the reveal stream), it became more interesting.

It does sound like it will be a better experience on the Premium, as the progression will be much more obvious, and it will feel like different shots as you go (lower visor -> lock ball -> newton bash locked ball).

#1084 4 years ago

I felt like on the new code it was way more attainable than the pinburgh. Not a gimmie but not crazy hard either.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

While I like the art and aesthetics of the stock 2-tier sling plastics, I’m not a fan of anything blocking my view of the inlanes. Is anyone working on replacement sling plastics?

I think you can just remove the parts that block the inlanes. I believe Frax or hazoff did it?

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Got lucky and found 2 pros on location this weekend. Friday the wife and I enjoyed the first few public games over at Floyd’s arcade in Roanoke IN [quoted image][quoted image]

They leave the keys in machines when on site? O_O

#1087 4 years ago

I'm in on an LE!

This'll be my first Stern since Batman Dark Knight - yes, since before the whole initial "cheapening" phase and then the Stern/JJP thing. I've been a big JJP proponent since then, was very active during Wizard of Oz development, also own a Hobbit (that took me 2 freaking years to open). But for like a decade I've generally been very disappointed with the direction that Stern chose to take their machines (including themes, layouts, code completion, and overall value).

But this... feels like a turning point. This is the first Stern in a long time that I've been truly excited about! Not only just because Jurassic Park happens to be my wife's favorite movie franchise (we already own so much JP swag - instant WAF here)... but because I absolutely love the playfield. So many ramps! Such height usage! Ball-interactive toys! So many shots! It's just awesome!

Really looking forward to getting mine in Canada!

#1088 4 years ago

I got to play about 10 games tonight.
Gameplay seems like it will be amazing once the code is done and I figure out how to chain shots and what to shoot for without looking around too much. I definitely didnt know enough about what I was doing this time around. The Truck moves much more easily and smoothly than I expected. The smart missile shot isnt as bad I as thought it would be and the O shot is just as hard as everyone says it is (I think I only hit it maybe 3 times). The raptor pit seems useless with current code. Its risky and boring at this point with little visible reward. I went in optimistic as a Maiden owner and lover. I was not disappointed. So many satisfying shots.

The bad takeaways....
-As mentioned the current raptor pit is a risky bore
-The machine I was playing on had SIGNIFICANT pooling around the left sling star post.
-The plunger spring was only strong enough to make the upper wireform maybe 1/3 of the time. (So I just used the lockdown button)
-maybe I'm too impatient but the time between players (even when pushing flippers) seems too lengthy.
-lastly, something that never bothered me until seeing it in person...the translite font. I never held issue with the unique font style chosen...until you see that the font on the front and sides of the cabinet AND the font in the lcd display are all the classic Jurassic Park colours and fonts making the translite font seem oddly out of place. We were commenting that it looked more like Jumanji than Jurassic Park.
I still really want one. I'm concerned about the pooling issues but i cant afford one for a few months anyway so hopefully that issue is sorted out by then.
Silly side note. They should put in a flipper code to activate an Easter egg T-rex/Deadpool clip. (Clearly I was also playing Deadpool)

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

??
So you didn’t use a nut on the underside, just a longer

I purchased the longer thread, but decided against it. After measuring, I didn't think it would fit with the nut. People might not like it, but I just used JB Weld and screwed it back in, then added a green rubber to it.

KIMG1768 (resized).JPGKIMG1768 (resized).JPG
#1090 4 years ago

Yes - Raptor pit is extremely tough. I have not activated Raptor multiball yet.
It could use an option for easier settings in game adjustments.

Likewise for Chaos - could use an option to make it easier for us average type players.

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - Raptor pit is extremely tough. I have not activated Raptor multiball yet.
It could use an option for easier settings in game adjustments.
Likewise for Chaos - could use an option to make it easier for us average type players.

Raptor pit is easiest if you backhand it. The ball keeps returning to the left flipper so you can just repeat until MB.

#1092 4 years ago

I have done that with back hand shots , you play better than me. I usually drain at some point.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I purchased the longer thread, but decided against it. After measuring, I didn't think it would fit with the nut. People might not like it, but I just used JB Weld and screwed it back in, then added a green rubber to it.[quoted image]

Oddly enough, my flipper post hasn't come loose 1 time yet. I put a green sleeve on it first thing, and made sure it was tightened down nicely from the get go. Theres probably 40 or 50 plays on it now, with no signs of loosening

#1094 4 years ago

About two dozen games in, flipper post came loose, and left flipper coil stop is junked. Also had the coil stop on a Star Wars pro after less than a 100 plays- took the one out a ST pro and it was a better coil stop.

There’s really no excuse for a coil stop to go bad after a few plays, and this is a known issue. The people supplying these coil stops need to be fired for real.

#1095 4 years ago

I don’t even have my LE yet but went ahead and ordered a Tilt Topper for it. Hopefully I get the game well before the topper.

#1096 4 years ago

Made a discovery tonight - maybe obvious to others already. Shooting the ramps lights the values under the spinner shot, boosting it.

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Made a discovery tonight - maybe obvious to others already. Shooting the ramps lights the values under the spinner shot, boosting it.

Didn't notice that but it will be used now to full affect. Thank you

#1098 4 years ago

Wonder if it's the ramps or just the inlanes?

#1099 4 years ago

The ramps spot the values listed under the spinner. Light all 4 for 195k a spin. The lights all reset once you hit it, so make the shot count!

#1100 4 years ago

Loaded the 8/22 code and I’m about 12 games in on my new JP2. The tower ramp reminds me of my Dirty Harry, tight but rewarding when you make it. I’m hitting a lot of posts, but I haven’t played pinball in over 2 weeks. I still think the layout is awesome. Can’t wait to dig into the new rules!

Also, I changed my mind about the sling plastics - they’re great as they are. The cutouts at the top let you see the posts and nudge if needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/22?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.