(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,291 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,291 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 426.
#11351 2 years ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

[quoted image]

Yep this happened to my JP as well...and also recently happened on Iron Maiden. You can pick up a new newton ball/rod from pinball life or marco.

As far as repairing, epoxy maybe?? (I wouldn't try it, could be disaster if it gets on the playfield). The ball is press-fit on the rod...so once they go they are pretty much done.

#11352 2 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Yep this happened to my JP as well...and also recently happened on Iron Maiden. You can pick up a new newton ball/rod from pinball life or marco.
As far as repairing, epoxy maybe?? (I wouldn't try it, could be disaster if it gets on the playfield). The ball is press-fit on the rod...so once they go they are pretty much done.

I would definitely take the entire piece out of the playfield and do it on a bench

#11353 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

By the 'tone' of your question it doesn't matter what the answer is. You don't want the topper and are trying to justify your opinion. Nothing to see here, move along..
If you are seriously asking then Goat Mania is a switch hit mode(ramps, spinner, pops, slings - like amber modes) but is flip limited instead of time limited. Yes it makes a goat sound when you flip. My top GM score is about 425M. Not insignificant scoring.
In home use it's actually something my GF aims for. It makes her hit that start button for "just one more game".
I think the mode is cool. While I get toppers for all my machines, I think that linking the mode to the topper is a DB move on Stern's part.

Thank you for the detailed response. I actually was interested in the topper because I was excited about adding another mode. Goat mania isn't enough for me to pull the trigger on it but I am glad that you and your GF enjoy it and I appreciate your time and feedback.

#11354 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Thank you for the detailed response. I actually was interested in the topper because I was excited about adding another mode. Goat mania isn't enough for me to pull the trigger on it but I am glad that you and your GF enjoy it and I appreciate your time and feedback.

You may be the nicest person on Pinside.

After LTG of course.

#11355 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Does anyone know if the new JP's are coming with the newer node boards like GOTG? I ask for I would assume that the Ultimate Code would no longer be abled to be installed on them just as the did with Pinball Browser and Cleland code for GOTG in their V1.08.
Maybe Sterns shrewd way of counteracting people for making modifications to the code on their own, who knows.

I just got my JP yesterday and installed the code. Works perfectly.

#11356 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You might be able to fix that with some good epoxy. Did it look like it was threaded in? I'll be honest, I haven't had to take mine off or inspect it for any reason. If you can take to post out from the top of the playfield, I would say epoxy the ball back on. If for whatever reason you have to pull the post through the bottom side of the playfield (having to take the ball off to do so), then I would see if Stern would be able to send you a replacement (which they likely will).

Not threaded where it screws on or off, but sandpaper like grippers that hold it together. It would take alot of force to drive it back in.

#11357 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I just got my JP yesterday and installed the code. Works perfectly.

New built machine I assume?

#11358 2 years ago

I just got my topper the other day and I haven't even gotten to the goat mode yet, so it takes a bit. I will say that I like this topper more than I was expecting. The lighting and flame effects and the overall fit with the art package on the game are great. It simply looks fantastic to me. That's what I'm looking for ever since I bought my first Whitewater! I know some people don't like toppers, but I think they complete the game when done properly. No matter how much the Stern toppers cost, I've gotten my money back or more when I sold the games (Star Wars and BKSOR) so value is a relative thing.

#11359 2 years ago

New built machine I assume?

Mine is an April build and it works fine. 1.03 is the latest code for JP and should be installed before the alternative code to make sure the node boards are up to date. The alternate code is based on 1.03. If Stern puts out an update to JP software, I would not install it unless it was significant and even then probably not unless I knew the alternate code was being updated. That is another reason to keep separate SD cards for the Stern and alternate code to be able to switch back and forth and never overwrite the alternate with the official code and risk bricking the machine.

#11360 2 years ago

Anyone ever have issue with the t-Rex vertical movement? I’m not talking the alignment. It won’t move vertically at all. I’d guess it’s something with the micro switches or the cam. Just seeing if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks

#11361 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

While I get toppers for all my machines, I think that linking the mode to the topper is a DB move on Stern's part

Ok, so here's the real question for anyone with a stern topper...how does that topper enable the mode? Is there any extra board in the topper or something? or is it just because 'something' is attached 'somewhere' (the cat5 and wires) that enable the mode?

I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow enable this goat mode as a work around without buying the stern topper... let's see the flood of comments and ideas!!

#11362 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Ok, so here's the real question for anyone with a stern topper...how does that topper enable the mode? Is there any extra board in the topper or something? or is it just because 'something' is attached 'somewhere' (the cat5 and wires) that enable the mode?
I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow enable this goat mode as a work around without buying the stern topper... let's see the flood of comments and ideas!!

I would think that the goat mode would have to be built into the code already. I'm sure there is some part of the code that senses when the topper is plugged in and then unlocks. If this is the case, there has to be a way to turn on the code without having to buy the topper.

#11363 2 years ago

I've been waiting over a year for someone to crack open their topper and provide the parts list (node and light controller/board(s)) .... Been wanting to retro fit everything to the Tilt Topper.. Any takers?

Guessing it's the below, but needing confirmation :
Node board: 520-6976-72
LED controller: 520-6831-01/520-6831-00

#11364 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I've been waiting over a year for someone to crack open their topper and provide the parts list (node and light controller/board(s)) .... Been wanting to retro fit everything to the Tilt Topper.. Any takers?

Just buy a stern topper check it out your self
Then sell it . Your parts list is waiting on you to pull the trigger!!! Don’t ride someone else’s coat tail!

#11365 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Anyone ever have issue with the t-Rex vertical movement? I’m not talking the alignment. It won’t move vertically at all. I’d guess it’s something with the micro switches or the cam. Just seeing if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks

Since the T-Rex is stationary item on the pro model, you may want to take this question to the Jurassic Park premium/LE thread. I'm sure there will be some folks that can chime in on the problem that you're having.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/159#post-6442524

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

Not OP, but curious - is it a mode built into the normal gameplay or just a stand alone mode you start as an individual game separate from the normal game? If it's the former, how to you initiate the mode during gameplay?

It’s a mode built into normal gameplay. Every dino capture lights a letter in “Jurassic Park”. Once all lit you start the mode by hitting the supply drop target.

#11367 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

All i wanted was BKSOR topper, and now the wife loves toppers and says all the pins need them. Oi. Her and her aesthetics, so they all look right. Ordered the JP topper, who knows when it’ll come in. Still need to find a nice MBre topper, and then waiting on Mando topper to release. Thankfully the playboy that shows up next week has one, and have some neat mod ideas for that one. Topper (unless you’re in Outer Banks) 4 life I suppose

#11368 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

A local guy had the horizontal controller board die, if you're getting no vertical movement in test mode (or game mode) then potentially the vertical controller board could be the issue. I know the horizontal board has diag LEDs on the board, so guessing the vertical one has as well - check if you have any LEDs on? And probably good to log a support call with Stern and/or your distributor

JP T-Rex controllers (resized).jpgJP T-Rex controllers (resized).jpg
#11369 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Yes, this is what I’m talking about. I want to retrofit it to my tilt topper! But I do kind of want someone else to figure it out. I don’t know…maybe I’ll splurge $619, figure it out, then spill the beans on how to retrofit on the cheap with parts alone to complete the hookup… but before I do, I’m going to patiently wait a few days to see if anyone already has the topper and want to help some homies out.

#11370 2 years ago

Check out my pteronedon score. One shot. So fired up. During ball one I had hit the spinner like three or four consecutive times and got the pteranodon multiplier up to 18 X. I was laser focused on re-enabling pteranodon. Got it again on ball two but quickly drained. I think on the fourth ball or so after my free ball I got it again during raptor multiball. Hit a spinner during that and probably near time out hit the shot. There was so much happening I didn’t even know my pteranodon score until the end. But I knew it would be big… soooo satisfying…

45C3C65D-FAED-4F40-B300-FF59A281B663 (resized).jpeg45C3C65D-FAED-4F40-B300-FF59A281B663 (resized).jpeg
#11371 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Metal shavings from where do you think?

Did you get your flipper issue sorted?

I can already tell you that your issue is not metal shavings from a coil stop falling apart.

#11372 2 years ago

Hi Dinosaur Hunters. I've got a mystery on my hands and I'm hoping you experts can help me out.

I'm not a wizard or anything, but I've got dozens of games on a single JP (Pro) several paddocks deep with lots of extra rescues/side objectives along the way and tons with scores 200mil + and several above 300mil, and yet I've never triggered the raptor multiball. Not once. Nor have I seen anyone else do it. Am I missing something obvious or is something broken on this machine?

The mechanics at this location are able to handle obvious issues like a dead flipper, but for more esoteric stuff they usually need someone who knows how the game is supposed to play to point it out to them. I usually end up being that person, but as I've never played it anywhere else I've got nothing to compare it to.

There are various signs the ball is being detected when it goes into or through the raptor pen. Flashing lights and the sounds of dangling wires and angry dinosaurs. Some games I've sat there blasting it in over and over 20+ times including several hits to the standup and though the dinosaurs are very angry, nothing happens. I know it takes takes multiple shots to bring the fence down but this seems ridiculous. Even if I didn't know it was a thing, it seems like it should have happened randomly by now.

I don't know for certain what code it's on but they updated it pretty recently so I think it's the newest.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or what thing might be broken given that it does seem to know the ball is in the pen appreciated!

#11373 2 years ago

I was supposed to be picking up my JP Prem tomorrow…but my distro only received a 1/4 of his order. He got 2 and I’m number 3. Shortages everywhere causing tons of delays. At least I have Halloween to pick up soon!

#11374 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Hi Dinosaur Hunters. I've got a mystery on my hands and I'm hoping you experts can help me out.
I'm not a wizard or anything, but I've got dozens of games on a single JP (Pro) several paddocks deep with lots of extra rescues/side objectives along the way and tons with scores 200mil + and several above 300mil, and yet I've never triggered the raptor multiball. Not once. Nor have I seen anyone else do it. Am I missing something obvious or is something broken on this machine?
The mechanics at this location are able to handle obvious issues like a dead flipper, but for more esoteric stuff they usually need someone who knows how the game is supposed to play to point it out to them. I usually end up being that person, but as I've never played it anywhere else I've got nothing to compare it to.
There are various signs the ball is being detected when it goes into or through the raptor pen. Flashing lights and the sounds of dangling wires and angry dinosaurs. Some games I've sat there blasting it in over and over 20+ times including several hits to the standup and though the dinosaurs are very angry, nothing happens. I know it takes takes multiple shots to bring the fence down but this seems ridiculous. Even if I didn't know it was a thing, it seems like it should have happened randomly by now.
I don't know for certain what code it's on but they updated it pretty recently so I think it's the newest.
Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or what thing might be broken given that it does seem to know the ball is in the pen appreciated!

Go into switch test and make sure all the raptor pen switches are working.

#11375 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Go into switch test and make sure all the raptor pen switches are working.

Yup. I would say especially check the one all the way in the back of the pen. That one is required to actually start the multiball...can't just bounce around the outer angled targets. Gotta go all the way in.

#11376 2 years ago

I figured it's something like that. Thanks both for the confirmation.

Also, I was actually just there and used a smart middle to trigger it, and ended up with the machine high score for the multiball with something paltry like 20 mil. I suspect it's just never been triggered.

#11377 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was supposed to be picking up my JP Prem tomorrow…but my distro only received a 1/4 of his order. He got 2 and I’m number 3. Shortages everywhere causing tons of delays. At least I have Halloween to pick up soon!

Damn, I feel you. I was super worried I wouldn't make the cut. My distro only got 2 of his 4, but just got word that mine should arrive on Monday. I was dreading that phone call, so it was nice to actually get good news for once.

#11378 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Damn, I feel you. I was super worried I wouldn't make the cut. My distro only got 2 of his 4, but just got word that mine should arrive on Monday. I was dreading that phone call, so it was nice to actually get good news for once.

Is your distro pinballpro? Enjoy JP!

#11379 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Is your distro pinballpro? Enjoy JP!

Yeah, good guess. Did you order through Greg as well?

#11380 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, good guess. Did you order through Greg as well?

Yup. We were down to his business to try out some pins a couple years ago. Great guy. I’m bummed but can’t complain since I’ll soon have Halloween. Just have to wait for JP. Gives me time to figure out the mods and adjustments that are best.

#11381 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yup. We were down to his business to try out some pins a couple years ago. Great guy. I’m bummed but can’t complain since I’ll soon have Halloween. Just have to wait for JP. Gives me time to figure out the mods and adjustments that are best.

Yeah, I've been ordering a lot of mods while waiting. Last of them came in this week. Topper and cliffy for the shooter lane.

#11382 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you get your flipper issue sorted?
I can already tell you that your issue is not metal shavings from a coil stop falling apart.

Nup... not sorted yet. I contacted Stern and they've asked me to look for "gold dust", from a failed coil stop I presume. The coil stop is perfect though :-/

#11383 2 years ago

Nup... not sorted yet. I contacted Stern and they've asked me to look for "gold dust", from a failed coil stop I presume. The coil stop is perfect though :-/

Trace the coil wires for the flipper back to the node board and reseat that connection, make sure that it has not come loose and must make a good connection. Reseat the power connection to that node board as well.

Send your video of the flipper problem to your distro so he knows what you are talking about.

This issue happens to a lot of BWs. It is normally the power connectors not making a good contact or connection to the flipper board.

#11384 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Trace the coil wires for the flipper back to the node board and reseat that connection, make sure that it has not come loose and must make a good connection. Reseat the power connection to that node board as well.
Send your video of the flipper problem to your distro so he knows what you are talking about.
This issue happens to a lot of BWs. It is normally the power connectors not making a good contact or connection to the flipper board.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll take another look at it this arvo. Was frustrating the hell out of me so threw the blanket on it and walked away haha.

#11385 2 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll take another look at it this arvo. Was frustrating the hell out of me so threw the blanket on it and walked away haha.

The flipper is connected to Node 8 (left front under the playfield), connector CN7.

#11386 2 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

The flipper is connected to Node 8 (left front under the playfield), connector CN7.

Thanks Returner!! You've saved me some page flipping and head scratching

#11387 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

Hi guys! On my second day with the machine this happens!
Has it ever happened that the jeep's steering ball comes off someone's machine? any suggestions on how to fix this?
Greetings!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi!
Stern sent me the Truck Spinner.
I put it on but it stopped working.
As much as you turn the truck from side to side, it doesnt work. Any idea what it might be!?

Greetings!

IMG_20210823_200223 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_200223 (resized).jpg
#11388 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

Hi!
As much as you turn the truck from side to side, it doesnt work. Any idea what it might be!?
Greetings![quoted image]

When you reassembled did you make sure the piece below is passing thru the opto's to break the beam? If not it won't register.

#11389 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

Hi!
Greetings![quoted image]

The “working” side is below the playfield. You didn’t assemble it back properly. Show us a picture.

#11390 2 years ago

When you reassembled did you make sure the piece below is passing thru the opto's to break the beam? If not it won't register.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

The “working” side is below the playfield. You didn’t assemble it back properly. Show us a picture.

More pics.

IMG_20210823_201342 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_201342 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_201348 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_201348 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_201403 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_201403 (resized).jpg
#11391 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

More pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pictures from under the playfield not above.

#11392 2 years ago

Pictures from under the playfield not above.

Sorry.

IMG_20210823_202601 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_202601 (resized).jpg
#11393 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

Sorry. [quoted image]

There's your problem. You are missing stuff. There should be a disk like thingy attached to the bottom of that shaft that blocks those optos. Right now it isn't interfacing with the switches at all. Do you have anything laying in the bottom of your cabinet?

#11394 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There's your problem. You are missing stuff. There should be a disk like thingy attached to the bottom of that shaft that blocks those optos. Right now it isn't interfacing with the switches at all. Do you have anything laying in the bottom of your cabinet?

I found this piece.

IMG_20210823_203547 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_203547 (resized).jpg
#11395 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

I found this piece.[quoted image]

That must be it. Others that I have seen have been more of a disk...and I admit I haven't had to mess with mine, but it sure looks like what you need.

#11396 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

I found this piece.[quoted image]

That's the piece, it must break the beam on the opto's one on each side as the jeep turns. Grub nut to the flat side of the shaft.

#11397 2 years ago

The speaker panel mod is an amazing finishing touch that Brilliantly uses empty space to enhance the cabinet artwork.

I also have the Aerosmith speaker overlay and I’m sure I will also get the avengers and Mandalorian as well. Very well done.

52584D20-D9C7-4A2F-8E20-03EC024B205B (resized).jpeg52584D20-D9C7-4A2F-8E20-03EC024B205B (resized).jpeg7A021C0A-2401-4D75-9190-2DAB515F5161 (resized).jpeg7A021C0A-2401-4D75-9190-2DAB515F5161 (resized).jpeg

#11398 2 years ago

Just got my July 3 2021 prem and Love It. Any tips for making the right ramp less tight? All 3 of the right shots are flow killers right now but after some reading seems like the right ramp should be a tad easier. I have the pitch around 7 and have messed with power settings of the left flipper but have it back at 255 now. Any tips appreciated!

2ED44257-56FA-4F66-BBD8-6160C7294666 (resized).jpeg2ED44257-56FA-4F66-BBD8-6160C7294666 (resized).jpeg
#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Just got my July 3 2021 prem and Love It.

We have twins! I just unboxed my premium last night with a July 3 build date. I thought this was strange as it was thought our games weren't on the line till late July.

#11400 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Just got my July 3 2021 prem and Love It. Any tips for making the right ramp less tight? All 3 of the right shots are flow killers right now but after some reading seems like the right ramp should be a tad easier. I have the pitch around 7 and have messed with power settings of the left flipper but have it back at 255 now. Any tips appreciated!
[quoted image]

For me it just took a while to dial in the right-hand shots. They are hard. The right ramp will feel less tight with lots of reps. For me it is a tiny bit later on the flipper than my brain wants to believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,291 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/228?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.