(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 427.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Little more snark than necessary but thanks.

Not really. When the topic has come up and answered a multitude of times, it does get a little redundant when posters don't even make an attempt to use the search features within the thread. Not saying I'm any better as I've been on both ends, but sometimes a little public shaming goes a long way towards influencing future behavior.

Real snarky would have been someone posting screenshots of how to use the built in search features.

Real snarky would have been doing the search for you and posting the search link.

Real snarky would have been posting links of each of the several posts that state 7 degrees from within the two JP threads.

Actually, real snarky might have been me explaining how the original response was just snarky enough but could have been even more snarky.

#11152 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Cheers

Little more snark than necessary but thanks.

Didn’t mean to sound snarky actually. Was keeping it short. Hate typing on a phone.

I’ve been in this club/thread for almost 2 years. The flipper alignment and pitch questions have been asked probably 1000 times out of the 11,000 posts.

First thing to do should always be to look at the key posts first, then search the thread itself if the key posts don’t have what you are looking for. Just trying to educate folks on the quickest way to get an answer to common questions!

#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Didn’t mean to sound snarky actually. Was keeping it short. Hate typing on a phone.
I’ve been in this club/thread for almost 2 years. The flipper alignment and pitch questions have been asked probably 1000 times out of the 11,000 posts.
First thing to do should always be to look at the key posts first, then search the thread itself if the key posts don’t have what you are looking for. Just trying to educate folks on the quickest way to get an answer to common questions!

I mean, the first response and then this one do require a certain level of snarky attitude to even waste time typing no? Saying "7 degrees" would have saved you some negative effort instead of small lectures on the proper etiquette of internet forums lol.
Sorry for being excited about my new game and trying to communicate with other owners instead of just searching the key topics. The nerve i have

#11154 2 years ago

Well I wasn't able to get my machine this week, but I was able to score one of the newly minted Stern JP shooter rods for whenever I DO finally get my JP premium in.

#11155 2 years ago

What's the best way to tighten the post below the upper flipper? Mine is a bit wobbly. It looks like the flipper assembly is blocking the screw access though?

#11156 2 years ago
Quoted from Ezzelin:

What's the best way to tighten the post below the upper flipper? Mine is a bit wobbly. It looks like the flipper assembly is blocking the screw access though?

Two ways
1) use a thin ignition wrench that can fit between the flipper assembly and the playfield to hold the nut while tightening
2) drop the flipper assembly

Dropping the flipper assembly isn't very difficult. Goes pretty quickly. I did it when my post broke off and I had to replace it.

Whichever way you choose, I recommend using some blue Loctite on it to keep it tight for a long time so you don't have to keep re-tightening it.

#11157 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Two ways
1) use a thin ignition wrench that can fit between the flipper assembly and the playfield to hold the nut while tightening
2) drop the flipper assembly
Dropping the flipper assembly isn't very difficult. Goes pretty quickly. I did it when my post broke off and I had to replace it.
Whichever way you choose, I recommend using some blue Loctite on it to keep it tight for a long time so you don't have to keep re-tightening it.

AS EaglePin SAID RIGHT ABOVE THIS POST, "USE ONLY BLUE LOCTITE!!!!" DO NOT USE RED!!!!!! (I AM REPEATING BECAUSE OF THE CRITICAL NATURE OF THIS ADVICE!!!!! YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS MISTAKE)

#11158 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

USE ONLY BLUE LOCTITE!!!! DO NOT USE RED!!!!!!

Um, I said "blue Loctite" in what I wrote.

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Two ways
1) use a thin ignition wrench that can fit between the flipper assembly and the playfield to hold the nut while tightening...

Not sure if this would work in that spot, but if it does - this little gizmo from Titan really has come in handy more than a few times for me.

I put a couple layers of Scotch tape on mine to prevent the metal from touching the PF.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11160 2 years ago
B1E406B0-383B-4AB6-B999-E74715366D02.gifB1E406B0-383B-4AB6-B999-E74715366D02.gif
#11161 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Is it still drifting to the left? Any pictures of the washers under the fork?
You could also try a blue spring like I have, but I'd advise against doing a full plunge to avoid hitting the right orbit shot from the shooting lane via making a hole in the half-pipe. It might be a good idea to check the auto-plunger coil and assembly under the playfield to make sure there isn't a mechanical issue like the coil sleeve causing binding or a loose/broken coil stop.

Here’s a pic and a current video. Doesn’t happen often on auto plunge, took me like 17 tries, just sucks when it happens mid-game when you really don’t want it to, and when it does, it’s typically 2-3 times in a row and then another dozen good launches. I’ll check the coil sleeve next.

https://streamable.com/8qodok

12E46E6B-3874-4201-B000-FC43C57B712B (resized).jpeg12E46E6B-3874-4201-B000-FC43C57B712B (resized).jpeg
#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Here’s a pic and a current video. Doesn’t happen often on auto plunge, took me like 17 tries, just sucks when it happens mid-game when you really don’t want it to, and when it does, it’s typically 2-3 times in a row and then another dozen good launches. I’ll check the coil sleeve next.
[quoted image]

This can't be helping:

Screenshot_20210730-221356_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-221356_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11163 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Seems to be off to the right before reaching the fork, which then pulls it left as it tries to centre the ball in the fork but it then has too much lateral momentum that it causes it to bounce into the left side - all of which reduces the forward momentum to make the ramp.

Does the ball sit evenly on both of the auto plunger forks? Do you have a shooter lane protector or mylar in the shooter lane? Does the ball sit differently in the shooter lane between balls that make the ramp and those that don't (wondering if there is some play in the autoplunger mech causing the variation)?

#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Seems to be off to the right before reaching the fork, which then pulls it left as it tries to centre the ball in the fork but it then has too much lateral momentum that it causes it to bounce into the left side - all of which reduces the forward momentum to make the ramp.
Does the ball sit evenly on both of the auto plunger forks? Do you have a shooter lane protector or mylar in the shooter lane? Does the ball sit differently in the shooter lane between balls that make the ramp and those that don't (wondering if there is some play in the autoplunger mech causing the variation)?

Here’s how it sits, but no idea if it ever sits different. Guess I would need to take a pic before each auto-plunge test, which is doable. No mylar or other shooter lane protector.

70312A8D-9432-4AF6-BD47-49D0E261B8A4 (resized).jpeg70312A8D-9432-4AF6-BD47-49D0E261B8A4 (resized).jpeg
#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

This can't be helping: [quoted image]

That’s what the double washer does, it’s the point. Without that it almost never makes the plunge correctly.

#11166 2 years ago

That’s what the double washer does, it’s the point. Without that it almost never makes the plunge correctly.

Maybe it's just the photo, but it looks like the end sticks up like a ski ramp. If the ball is hitting a single point first, it will make it go to one side, then start bouncing back and forth.

#11167 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Maybe it's just the photo, but it looks like the end sticks up like a ski ramp. If the ball is hitting a single point first, it will make it go to one side, then start bouncing back and forth.

Ya, but just what it’s supposed to do, it’s a common fix. Without it the ball will almost never make it. Remember, the ball doesn’t hit that part, it hits the middle of the fork. Like this, it makes it 85% of the time; without the ski ramp, maybe 35%. It does look super weird though, but it’s aligning by a teeny bit the middle of the fork.

#11168 2 years ago

Wtf Stern?
I opened up my new JP pro and Mando premium today. All 6 balls in JP were the most rusted ive ever seen. Completely unusable. Rusty flakes. Ridiculous. Fortunately i live close to a supply shop and could zip over for new ones but as my friend and i unboxed the games we were bith pretty disappointed to find this. At least we had an endless supply of "rusty balls" jokes for the evening. The pic doesnt fully do them justice but here are the JP balls next to the Mando balls. (I even used iso to clean all my new pinballs)

Resized_20210730_173814_8566 (resized).jpegResized_20210730_173814_8566 (resized).jpeg
#11169 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wtf Stern?
I opened up my new JP pro and Mando premium today. All 6 balls in JP were the most rusted ive ever seen. Completely unusable. Rusty flakes. Ridiculous. Fortunately i live close to a supply shop and could zip over for new ones but as my friend and i unboxed the games we were bith pretty disappointed to find this. At least we had an endless supply of "rusty balls" jokes for the evening. The pic doesnt fully do them justice but here are the JP balls next to the Mando balls. (I even used iso to clean all my new pinballs)
[quoted image]

Yikes, I can definitely see the difference. Wonder what causes that?

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wtf Stern?
[quoted image]

That's The Bad Batch (sorry lame Star Wars reference)

#11171 2 years ago

Speaking of lame SW references, “Those are not the balls you’re looking for.“

#11172 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

AS EaglePin SAID RIGHT ABOVE THIS POST, "USE ONLY BLUE LOCTITE!!!!" DO NOT USE RED!!!!!! (I AM REPEATING BECAUSE OF THE CRITICAL NATURE OF THIS ADVICE!!!!! YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS MISTAKE)

If I get some blue Loctite, would I have to remove the entire screw to apply it? Would that involve taking off the flipper?

#11173 2 years ago

Here’s how it sits, but no idea if it ever sits different. Guess I would need to take a pic before each auto-plunge test, which is doable. No mylar or other shooter lane protector.
[quoted image]

This looks just like mine when I was having that issue. The ball isn't quite resting on the right fork and it should be. I took a pair of pliers and slightly bent the left fork outward. Having the ball rest on both of the forks makes all the difference. It's been perfect ever since.

#11174 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

This looks just like mine when I was having that issue. The ball isn't quite resting on the right fork and it should be. I took a pair of pliers and slightly bent the left fork outward. Having the ball rest on both of the forks makes all the difference. It's been perfect ever since.

Alright, I’ll try that again. I actually performed the pliers trick already to get here, which improved it, but I’ll keep at it knowing there’s an end in sight - cheers

#11175 2 years ago
Quoted from Ezzelin:

If I get some blue Loctite, would I have to remove the entire screw to apply it? Would that involve taking off the flipper?

If you just dab on a drop of blue to the threads even if the nut is already installed, You will get some of the blue up into the threads due to capillary action.

#11176 2 years ago

I have a newer build JP pro (March 2021) and am having trouble with the left T-Rex ramp not registering on good clean shots.

Read through the threads and I understand the opto setup has changed on the newer builds and I believe just have the one opto in the center of the ramp.

Figured I'll first try putting black tape over the bottom portion of the opto hole in the ramp like some people have done in the past and if that doesn't work try removing the spacers in the plastic ramp cover.

If I'm missing something or on the wrong path please let me know.

#11177 2 years ago

Alrighty, new to stern spike. I've exhausted myself reading about the droopy ass flipper position and 6.5 degrees vs. 7 degrees for this title. My question is a simple one and a totally noob to stern spike ownership:
WTH is the flipper power settings in the friggin menu? I'd like to venture into the 235 vs 255 vs 215 vs 180 power settings that have been shared in the flipper power settings topics here. And YES I've searched the hell out of the internet and pinside for this info. Also poked around in the game settings quite a bit. Can't find em. Someboby please respond and so I can feel like "Simple Jack"

#11178 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Alrighty, new to stern spike. I've exhausted myself reading about the droopy ass flipper position and 6.5 degrees vs. 7 degrees for this title. My question is a simple one and a totally noob to stern spike ownership:
WTH is the flipper power settings in the friggin menu? I'd like to venture into the 235 vs 255 vs 215 vs 180 power settings that have been shared in the flipper power settings topics here. And YES I've searched the hell out of the internet and pinside for this info. Also poked around in the game settings quite a bit. Can't find em. Someboby please respond and so I can feel like "Simple Jack"

Go into the menu. Choose Adjustments, then Game. On JP2 the three flipper power settings are adjustments #303, 304, and 305 (assuming you're on latest code) so scroll to those to adjust them.

#11179 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Go into the menu. Choose Adjustments, then Game. On JP2 the three flipper power settings are adjustments #303, 304, and 305 (assuming you're on latest code) so scroll to those to adjust them.

Thank you EaglePin

#11180 2 years ago

I got the shooter rod! Now all I need is the pin to go with it.

20210805_165210 (resized).jpg20210805_165210 (resized).jpg
#11181 2 years ago

I've played JP a bit on location but it has been a while and I need some pointers for playing this game in a tournament setting...what is the safest/best route for points in JP?

#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I've played JP a bit on location but it has been a while and I need some pointers for playing this game in a tournament setting...what is the safest/best route for points in JP?

Here are some good videos to learn play better. helped me a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL31W94V2HVSW7ksDyZ_183rUBxiSQon75

Its no information on how to make much points on JP but helps to keep the ball running

#11183 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I got the shooter rod! Now all I need is the pin to go with it.

Your wait should be coming to an end! I just got word that my JP premium left Stern today.

#11184 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Your wait should be coming to an end! I just got word that my JP premium left Stern today.

I guess I should be in this camp, too. Exciting! Any more details you are aware of?

#11185 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I guess I should be in this camp, too. Exciting! Any more details you are aware of?

Unfortunately not, my game is being shipped with a bunch of others to my dealer (trading in a game).

#11186 2 years ago

My game should be coming from this build as well. So excited that this is my first pin!

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Here’s a shot of the carbon fiber protectors that Cliffy makes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So do these protectors go over the existing metal flap? My entry to both those shots is a little flaky.

#11188 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Awesome! That means mine is probably on the way too! If you don't mind me asking, who is your dealer?

#11189 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Awesome! That means mine is probably on the way too! If you don't mind me asking, who is your dealer?

Little Shop of Games

#11190 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So do these protectors go over the existing metal flap? My entry to both those shots is a little flaky.

From what I've read, they remove the metal ramp flaps first

#11191 2 years ago

Caved and bought a lior trex that was listed on the market place. It definitely looks better and is more immersive, not sure it’s worth 400 bucks but this game is bolted so whatever

B5F3E124-8A85-4815-9F76-9A0B1084D8C8 (resized).jpegB5F3E124-8A85-4815-9F76-9A0B1084D8C8 (resized).jpeg
#11192 2 years ago

Hi guys was installing the tilt graphics ramp and rail accent decals and I noticed this metal shim flapping in the breeze. It runs along the shooter rail right to the entrance of the helipad ramp. To me it looks like it should be like this to improve the ball transition into the ramp but would like confirmation please.

IMG20210807112232 (resized).jpgIMG20210807112232 (resized).jpgIMG20210807112253 (resized).jpgIMG20210807112253 (resized).jpg
#11193 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi guys was installing the tilt graphics ramp and rail accent decals and I noticed this metal shim flapping in the breeze. It runs along the shooter rail right to the entrance of the helipad ramp. To me it looks like it should be like this to improve the ball transition into the ramp but would like confirmation please.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s supposed to be like that.

#11194 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It’s supposed to be like that.

Thank you

#11195 2 years ago

Yoyokopter Trex Alive Mod instructions needed

I just got around to installing the mod but the link to the instructions expired

Please help
Thanks

#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Not sure if this would work in that spot, but if it does - this little gizmo from Titan really has come in handy more than a few times for me.
I put a couple layers of Scotch tape on mine to prevent the metal from touching the PF.
[quoted image]

FYI, I ordered this and it was too small for tightening this post. Thanks for the idea though, I'm sure it will come in handy elsewhere.

#11197 2 years ago

I ordered my JP topper and Amber Shooter knob in may when I ordered the game. I got them nosy this past week. My distributor is in Illinois near Stern so it was one day to him. I would guess most have been shipped in the past week. Really like them both!

#11198 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I ordered my JP topper and Amber Shooter knob in may when I ordered the game. I got them nosy this past week. My distributor is in Illinois near Stern so it was one day to him. I would guess most have been shipped in the past week. Really like them both!

Let’s see the topper please

#11199 2 years ago

So I get the same issues with the ball not auto plunging every time and sometimes rolling down instead that a lot of other people get. I've tried raising the left fork of the shooting lane, and lowering the auto plunge power. Neither seem to really fix the issue. Can anyone who has this fixed share a picture of their shooting lane and what auto plunge power they are using? Thank you!

#11200 2 years ago
Quoted from Ezzelin:

So I get the same issues with the ball not auto plunging every time and sometimes rolling down instead that a lot of other people get. I've tried raising the left fork of the shooting lane, and lowering the auto plunge power. Neither seem to really fix the issue. Can anyone who has this fixed share a picture of their shooting lane and what auto plunge power they are using? Thank you!

Raising the left fork affects both the manual and auto plunger - so if your manual plunger is working fine then I wouldn't go changing the fork. Typically people with auto-plunger issues have found that the ball isn't resting on both of the auto plunger forks causing the ball to be fired unevenly. Take a read of ABE_FLIPS post (while he was having an issue having added a shooter lane protector the theory, pics and how to fix is the same) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/120#post-5758762. In regards to plunger power, mine is on default power, although you will find that others have had to change theirs but believe this has less impact than ensuring the plunger forks are positioned correctly.

Note that plunger issues are quite common and talked about alot, so if you want to read people's posts you can search the thread for posts containing keywords (at the top of the page) - search for "auto" or "plunger". Also be aware there are 2 JP threads - this one and https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club and things aren't always posted across both threads, so worth searching both.

Hope this helps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

12,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/224?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.