(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,729 posts
  • 951 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 496 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6F5F40A6-62CF-4DFB-9A05-640CCEBC06ED (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
PXL_20210921_205727012 (resized).jpg
dennis-nedry-no.gif
2EDF1637-457B-422A-AE03-BB3CB2349ED0 (resized).jpeg
D2EBCD8D-5925-4FF5-B885-292E392FF61C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.24.16 pm (resized).png
PXL_20210914_172441835 (resized).jpg
647E6E30-ECCC-48E2-A1E8-234E716B5C05 (resized).jpeg
D10BA3C3-3A55-4340-8F5D-4E1DD5D36BD5 (resized).jpeg
D1D2E82F-2308-463A-8954-CCA0FD5C9660 (resized).jpeg
EFACFD29-9995-47A3-8E39-44AD421C0EB2 (resized).jpeg
A706F86F-1CD1-4F3E-BCD3-0672242A89E8 (resized).jpeg
6B3C4764-ABE6-4AF8-B894-06E71AF03C09 (resized).jpeg
3E46B9E0-3F76-4DA7-9F87-8FF7C619420F (resized).jpeg
3CA379DA-C6D3-40DB-8C59-548703BF4C1A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11729 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 235.
#11101 58 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Because for some, the Prem isn't always the better game. I have JP Prem, but have DP Pro and TWD Pro. I feel like the Pros play better than the Prems for those games.
There also might be a cost consideration. I'd rather have someone be able to buy a Pro at a lesser cost, than to see the price of a Prem and not get anything at all.
Hope that gives you a little insight on why.

I get why you see DP and TWD as pro games but for me they’re premium/LE games because of those few extra items on them.

Deadpool I had to have the loop that came back to the right flipper. It just didn’t feel right being stopped at the pops every single left “loop” shot. And the stand ups are also a nice addition. The disco ball and the action figures are neither here nor there.

And twd well I LOVE my LE and was lucky enough to buy one before anyone thought anything of them! But the RGB inserts, lift up ramp, extra brutalising magnet and even the crossbow are the added extras I love in the game that I can’t stand to be without and when I play a pro I feel like I’m missing them.

I do completely understand why you don’t need those things either. I haven’t played a tmnt pro but the added extras to the Le I don’t think are absolutely necessary but I haven’t played the pro to find out.

#11102 58 days ago

Speaking of runs and games coming soon...

What is a fair price to pay to a distributor for a NIB Premium? I hear of discounts, but not sure what should be expected. I have free shipping and no tax. For context, this is my first NIB and I am also buying a Mando premium from them.

I'm not looking for the deal of the century but also want to make sure I am getting a fair price.

If this is too risque for the thread, please PM me

Thanks.

#11103 58 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I get why you see DP and TWD as pro games but for me they’re premium/LE games because of those few extra items on them.
Deadpool I had to have the loop that came back to the right flipper. It just didn’t feel right being stopped at the pops every single left “loop” shot. And the stand ups are also a nice addition. The disco ball and the action figures are neither here nor there.
And twd well I LOVE my LE and was lucky enough to buy one before anyone thought anything of them! But the RGB inserts, lift up ramp, extra brutalising magnet and even the crossbow are the added extras I love in the game that I can’t stand to be without and when I play a pro I feel like I’m missing them.
I do completely understand why you don’t need those things either. I haven’t played a tmnt pro but the added extras to the Le I don’t think are absolutely necessary but I haven’t played the pro to find out.

The point of it was that everyone has their preferences, and there are plenty of people that don't think the Prem/LE are always the "best" models, myself included.

#11104 58 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Speaking of runs and games coming soon...
What is a fair price to pay to a distributor for a NIB Premium? I hear of discounts, but not sure what should be expected. I have free shipping and no tax. For context, this is my first NIB and I am also buying a Mando premium from them.
I'm not looking for the deal of the century but also want to make sure I am getting a fair price.
If this is too risque for the thread, please PM me
Thanks.

From what I have seen? A fair price for a NIB premium is about $7600 or so. That's how much I paid for my JP premium and it included free shipping.

#11105 58 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

From what I have seen? A fair price for a NIB premium is about $7600 or so. That's how much I paid for my JP premium and it included free shipping.

Same here

#11106 58 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The point of it was that everyone has their preferences, and there are plenty of people that don't think the Prem/LE are always the "best" models, myself included.

Exactly just like the reasons I had for getting a premium/LE you had your reasons for getting a pro

#11107 58 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Quoted from Stormfront:

Same here

Thanks for these and for the PMs I received. I'm in the zone.

#11108 58 days ago
Quoted from RPZ:

No, essentially EVERYTHING would be a PRO…

Limited to a pro aka limited edition

#11109 58 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

And walker bombs. A saving grace in my opinion when having a great game and you're faced with a cheap drain

#11110 58 days ago

How can you tell the build date from the serial number on a nib JP premium?

#11111 58 days ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

How can you tell the build date from the serial number on a nib JP premium?

I don’t think you can translate serial number to build date, without access to Stern’s finished goods list.

#11112 57 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

it included free shipping.

I got "free shipping" on mine and what a surprise it was. When they said free shipping I was really surprised because I had only shipped through Michelle and they set a time that is convenient for you, unload it and bring it in and inspect it it and say thank you sir for your business. When they delivered my JP they told me it would be delivered on a certain day and that is it. I took my grand daughter to the water park and my wife was home so I asked her to have them put it in the living room and not sign for it if there was any obvious issues. She called me and said there was one guy and he put the game on the curb and said sign here. She didnt know to look for damage inside the box so she just signed. I got home and the pin really was sitting in the street on the curb and the box had holes in it and had been squashed in places. Im thinking great this game is junk. Luckily it was perfect. I called the destributer to ask about the delivery and he laughed and explained the difference in working with Michelle and free delivery. They pretty much toss it off the truck as they drive by. Lesson learned. I was lucky the game was in good shape because once you sign for it it is yours.

#11113 57 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I got "free shipping" on mine and what a surprise it was. When they said free shipping I was really surprised because I had only shipped through Michelle and they set a time that is convenient for you, unload it and bring it in and inspect it it and say thank you sir for your business. When they delivered my JP they told me it would be delivered on a certain day and that is it. I took my grand daughter to the water park and my wife was home so I asked her to have them put it in the living room and not sign for it if there was any obvious issues. She called me and said there was one guy and he put the game on the curb and said sign here. She didnt know to look for damage inside the box so she just signed. I got home and the pin really was sitting in the street on the curb and the box had holes in it and had been squashed in places. Im thinking great this game is junk. Luckily it was perfect. I called the destributer to ask about the delivery and he laughed and explained the difference in working with Michelle and free delivery. They pretty much toss it off the truck as they drive by. Lesson learned. I was lucky the game was in good shape because once you sign for it it is yours.

Yeah I was told that my delivery would be curbside delivery. So I know that I will be putting it in my house, etc. I plan to take a day off of work to receive this thing. Definitely not taking any chances there!

#11114 57 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yea, technically the freight carrier only has to put it on your driveway. If you have a garage on the front of your house, they will usually wheel it in there for you. New games are on pallets and they are using pallet jacks, so going up steps or over a threshold is out of the question.

#11115 57 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea, technically the freight carrier only has to put it on your driveway. If you have a garage on the front of your house, they will usually wheel it in there for you. New games are on pallets and they are using pallet jacks, so going up steps or over a threshold is out of the question.

This guy didnt even have a dolly to move it.

#11116 57 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yikes - that situation hasn’t happened to me yet.

#11117 57 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have also had that no pallet jack. One guy used a regular dolly pallet and all. I tipped him 20 bucks to wheel it in the front door. Some will do it some won’t.

#11118 56 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Because I could. One was local and I bought it just to try it. Turns out it's terrific and I enjoy it. And a $200 mod makes the T-Rex move.

Which mod is that? Can you steer me to it. Been trying to find it

#11119 56 days ago
Quoted from KissPin:

Which mod is that? Can you steer me to it. Been trying to find it

This one unless someone else is doing the same thing...
https://sites.google.com/sfr.fr/yoyokopter-mod/jurassic-park-stern

#11120 56 days ago

What is a good score for this game. I’m getting 200s from n 5 balls

#11121 56 days ago

Great mod. I also ordered the replacement T-Rex head from Lior. (Guessing that is still a while before I get that)

#11122 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is a good score for this game. I’m getting 200s from n 5 balls

it depends on strategy. Whatever makes you happy!

For me (on 3 ball play), 200m is meh. 500m is ok. 1b is satisfying. 1.5B+ I had an excellent game. My GC is 2.1B

#11123 56 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

it depends on strategy. Whatever makes you happy!
For me (on 3 ball play), 200m is meh. 500m is ok. 1b is satisfying. 1.5B+ I had an excellent game. My GC is 2.1B

well I really suck then

#11124 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

well I really suck then

Nah, only new to the table. Keep at it and your scores will improve in no time.

#11125 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

well I really suck then

Quoted from Flipstream:

What Flipstream said. I’ve had my JPLE for nearly 2 years. My GF is a good player (but bad at scoring strategy) and for her 200m is an excellent game.

#11126 56 days ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Well, that and he probably plays it just to enjoy it. That's the way I play. There are guys here that are only concerned with scores and approach it that way - like hitting multipliers before hitting spinners, etc. I try to work through the game like it's a book or a video game in an attempt to get to the wizard mode. Doesn't net me a lot of points, but then there's usually nobody there that I'm competing with.

#11127 56 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that and he probably plays it just to enjoy it. That's the way I play. There are guys here that are only concerned with scores and approach it that way - like hitting multipliers before hitting spinners, etc. I try to work through the game like it's a book or a video game in an attempt to get to the wizard mode. Doesn't net me a lot of points, but then there's usually nobody there that I'm competing with.

The ghosts. The ghosts are always there.......

#11128 56 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The ghosts. The ghosts are always there.......

Not lately.

#11129 56 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I play the same way. I just work my way to beating the game. Score is incidental.

By strategy I meant paddocks, or control room modes, or trex modes.

For example I screw up a lot of chances of getting further because I always focus on rescuing everybody (perfect paddocks). I also focus on lighting and collecting EBs.

#11130 56 days ago

Well I just got off the phone from Stern.. it's looking like the July run of our JP games is getting delayed another week or so.

#11131 56 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Well I just got off the phone from Stern.. it's looking like the July run of our JP games is getting delayed another week or so.

Bummer. I was hoping to get my premium in a week or so.

#11132 56 days ago

Hmm… so tried the orange spring and unfortunately made the manual plunger issue much worse. Auto-plunge I can’t seem to resolve either. I can’t win ha-ha! Running out of options here on this dang shooter lane which never completely worked oob; going to need to open up a Stern ticket me thinks.

#11133 56 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Hmm… so tried the orange spring and unfortunately made the manual plunger issue much worse. Auto-plunge I can’t seem to resolve either. I can’t win ha-ha! Running out of options here on this dang shooter lane which never completely worked oob; going to need to open up a Stern ticket me thinks.

Is it still drifting to the left? Any pictures of the washers under the fork?

You could also try a blue spring like I have, but I'd advise against doing a full plunge to avoid hitting the right orbit shot from the shooting lane via making a hole in the half-pipe. It might be a good idea to check the auto-plunger coil and assembly under the playfield to make sure there isn't a mechanical issue like the coil sleeve causing binding or a loose/broken coil stop.

#11134 56 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That is what I do. That is why I like me JP a lot more than GNR

#11135 56 days ago

I just can’t hit the helicopter shot and you have to have it to capture the animals to finish some of the modes.

#11136 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just can’t hit the helicopter shot and you have to have it to capture the animals to finish some of the modes.

Try getting flipper toppers, like the yellow hazard ones that have lines on them. Then play a few games just focusing on hitting that shot and figuring out on which line you have to press the button on from a cradles position.

#11137 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What's your flipper alignment like? They should be just a touch droopy, which would make the "S" (helicopter) shot a bit (just a bit) easier. It's still a late shot on the left flipper.

#11138 56 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My experience has been that slight adjustments in flipper power (either raising or lowering power) and pitch make a big difference in the setup of this machine. It took me awhile trying slight adjustments to both pitch and flipper power before I got all shots dialed in where I could hit them consistently. It's such a great and fun game to play. The saying it's bolted to my floor takes a new meaning for me on this one though. It's not leaving my house, but it's also not leaving the spot I have it sitting in my house because I don't want to have to mess with the pitch & power settings to dial it in again if I move it.

If you haven't already, experiment with both lowering and raising flipper power just slightly to see if the lower or higher power makes a difference. If that doesn't help then maybe try a slight adjustment to a higher or lower pitch also.

One other option is to also slightly lower the setup of the flippers so the tip is resting just a little bit closer to the apron than the factory setting. That can help with both the helicopter and control room shots from each flipper.

#11139 56 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Bummer. I was hoping to get my premium in a week or so.

Yeah same here... I'm getting worried because I'm supposed to go on a week long vacation at the beginning of September.

#11140 56 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I wonder about the new run of toppers? I think they were supposed to be made in early August.

#11141 56 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wonder about the new run of toppers? I think they were supposed to be made in early August.

They were supposed to ship in May but it seems like they were delayed (indefinitely?).

#11142 56 days ago

I was supposed to pick up my JP pro and Mando premium today but no luck. Tomorrow morning.

#11143 56 days ago

Just joined the club…hoping to pick it up in a couple weeks! What’s the Loir T-Rex mod, and how do I find it.

#11144 56 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just joined the club…hoping to pick it up in a couple weeks! What’s the Loir T-Rex mod, and how do I find it.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-jurassic-park-sculpted-t-rex-head-by-the-art-of-pinball/

#11145 55 days ago

I've have this mod. Easy to fit in about an hour.
Messaged Lionel on FB and easy to buy.

#11146 55 days ago

I’ve had a few days with my premium and I need to update my review of this game, it’s obviously a masterpiece and perhaps sterns best game ever. The trex eating the ball adds a whole layer of immersion and importance to the T. rex events, it really changes the games presentation IMO. The raptor pit is better because it’s easier to start multiball, though I wish they had kept the control room return to the flipper from the pro somehow. Anyway, I am beyond happy I decided to buy this game again, it will be one of the last to leave for sure.

#11147 55 days ago

Im setting up my pro tonight. What is the consensus on pitch? I keep most of my games around 6.8 unless otherwise recommended by a designer etc.

#11148 55 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im setting up my pro tonight. What is the consensus on pitch? I keep most of my games around 6.8 unless otherwise recommended by a designer etc.

That's right about where I'm at and I've been happy with it.

#11149 55 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Designer has stated 7 degrees pitch and droopy flippers. Covered so many times in this very thread. Use the search function at the top of the thread.

#11150 55 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That's right about where I'm at and I've been happy with it.

Cheers

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Designer has stated 7 degrees pitch and droopy flippers. Covered so many times in this very thread. Use the search function at the top of the thread.

Little more snark than necessary but thanks.

There are 11729 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 235.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside