(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,282 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 426.
#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anybody have a picture of what this is supposed to look like?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you are referring to this? Then yes.

1c405ddbf82ce358807975953d12545d9d3494cc (resized).jpg1c405ddbf82ce358807975953d12545d9d3494cc (resized).jpg
#11052 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anybody have a picture of what this is supposed to look like?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s the same on mine. Flap from side rail metal is over the ramp entrance metal.

80C9D744-DAAA-4EB9-972F-95B322B2F972 (resized).jpeg80C9D744-DAAA-4EB9-972F-95B322B2F972 (resized).jpeg
#11053 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply got it

Quoted from EaglePin:

It’s the same on mine. Flap from side rail metal is over the ramp entrance metal.
[quoted image]

#11054 2 years ago

Eagle beat me to it …. deleted

#11055 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

lol and Returner beat me to it by about 45 seconds

#11056 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Holy cow! Can you elaborate?

Long story short, the machine arrived with two loose inserts and did not boot.
Stern agreed to send me a new populated playfield. Then covid lockdown hit and Stern did not respond for a long time.

When they got back to me 3 month later i had located a bad nodeboard and some wiring issue with the help of my distro.

We requested a new nodebord and a unpopulated playfield to speed things up, but the playfield was on backorder. They sent me the nodeboard a month later but the playfield was still on backorder.

Distro took the machine back in May with a full refund. He offered to do it earlier as well.

Stern has always been good to me, so i'm not pissed.

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

Long story short, the machine arrived with two loose inserts and did not boot.
Stern agreed to send me a new populated playfield. Then covid lockdown hit and Stern did not respond for a long time.
When they got back to me 3 month later i had located a bad nodeboard and some wiring issue with the help of my distro.
We requested a new nodebord and a unpopulated playfield to speed things up, but the playfield was on backorder. They sent me the nodeboard a month later but the playfield was still on backorder.
Distro took the machine back in May with a full refund. He offered to do it earlier as well.
Stern has always been good to me, so i'm not pissed.

Thanks for the back story Returner. That had to frustrating, and then a double whammy on top of it w/COVID screwing everything up. Sounds like you have an excellent distro tho.

#11058 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Quoted from EaglePin:

lol and Returner beat me to it by about 45 seconds

Competitive bunch aren't we! lol

#11059 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Competitive bunch aren't we! lol

Well, we ARE all Pinball players!

#11060 2 years ago

Today was a car modding day for me, Jeep Wrangler and Ford Explorer. I had ordered a #12 Jada Jurassic World Jeep Wrangler scale 1:43 on eBay to replace the stock vehicle, but was nervous about drilling the holes off center and not having it spin well. So I bought the jeep mod with adaptor from Lucxor with a #18 jeep
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/215#post-6330847

I thought this would be a larger jeep (1:32) but at least I would have the adaptor to use on my #12 jeep. Well, to my surprise, both #12 and #18 jeeps were identical in size as you can see in the photos, and nice things about the #18 jeep is that it has nicer paint, more detailed lights, 2 license plates, and if you're a Jurassic Park nerd then also the fact that the only jeeps in the original movie that looked like this were #18 and #29, while #12 was used by Nedry to steal the embryos and was only seen with the soft top up and had a light bar.

In any case, shoutout to Lucxor because the adaptor works phenomenal and is perfectly centered. I tested this by placing the shaft upside down on a table before attaching it to the jeep and put the jeep on top of the thin (opposite) end of the shaft and it just stayed there in balance. Also nice detail that the adaptor has a back flap with exhaust pipes that covers the metal plate so you don't even see it.

Only change I made is I changed the stock thrust bearing to a more sturdy one as suggested by DeathHimself and Markharris2000 because of the heavier car weight and this also worked great, so shoutout to both of you too. Here's the link previously posted
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/155#post-6390139

End result looks fantastic and spins super smooth, and I didn't even use any silicone lube. I played a few games and cannot notice a difference on spinning from the stock car. Overall installation was super easy. Toughest part was removing the hex set screw with a 3/32 hex wrench to remove the stock car. It was very hard and I thought I was going to break the wrench, the screw or both, until it finally popped.

Second car mod I installed was a Takara Tomy Dream Tomica Ford Explorer which I placed over the shooter lane. Matchbox makes another car but I like the details on the Dream Tomica better, just had to paint the wheels yellow to make it right.

IMG_0531 (resized).jpegIMG_0531 (resized).jpegIMG_0527 (resized).jpegIMG_0527 (resized).jpegIMG_0530 (resized).jpegIMG_0530 (resized).jpegIMG_0529 (resized).jpegIMG_0529 (resized).jpegIMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0551 (resized).jpegIMG_0551 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpegIMG_0557 (resized).jpegIMG_0557 (resized).jpegIMG_0559 (resized).jpegIMG_0559 (resized).jpegIMG_0561 (resized).jpegIMG_0561 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0493 (resized).jpegIMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
#11061 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

In any case, shoutout to Lucxor because the adaptor works phenomenal and is perfectly centered. I tested this by placing the shaft upside down on a table before attaching it to the jeep and put the jeep on top of the thin (opposite) end of the shaft and it just stayed there in balance. Also nice detail that the adaptor has a back flap with exhaust pipes that covers the metal plate so you don't even see it.
Only change I made is I changed the stock thrust bearing to a more sturdy one as suggested by DeathHimself and Markharris2000 because of the heavier car weight and this also worked great, so shoutout to both of you too.

Thank you very much for that feedback. I'm very happy to hear that everything worked out and you are satisfied.
I have ordered such thrust bearing and will also try them out right away. If they are as you describe I will send them in the future with the mod together.

#11062 2 years ago

I just swapped out faux Jeep for a real Jeep too. What a difference it makes. That other one just looks so wrong. I swapped to the metal bearings too while I was at it and the Jeep really moves smoothly back and forth despite being heavier than the original truck.

#11063 2 years ago

Today was a long day of mods on my JP premium and MBR. I installed Lior’s trex on JP and it’s awesome. But I had a god awful, could have been catastrophic moment when I accidentally pulled the playfield too far out and dumped it into the cabinet. Not good. I got it back up immediately. It dented the subwoofer a bit, but it seems to work well (probably a long term excuse to upgrade…), it bent the left flipper contacts a bit and I had to do some work to get the flipper working. The only other thing I noticed, after testing a bunch after getting everything tidy, cleaning and putting the glass back on are:

1) occasionally the trex turns its head to the right and it stutters, like it’s stuck. Once it did it with the ball in its mouth and it just dropped it. I’m not sure how much of that was from the playfield dump or from taking the trex mech off twice to first replace the trex and second to fine tune as she/he/they/them/it was a bit crooked.

2) the raptor pen gate now does not lower flush to the playfield and shots to the pen get rejected. I noticed this after putting everything together and thinking it was good to go.

For both of these have diagnostic tests which I have run but not sure what to do to tweak. Maybe the raptor pen has a simple adjustment like the control room stop, but I am too exhausted from all the work today to get back under the playfield. Instead I’m having a drink. Any advice, other than “you are a complete moron for dumping the playfield” would be appreciated.

#11064 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

2) the raptor pen gate now does not lower flush to the playfield and shots to the pen get rejected. I noticed this after putting everything together and thinking it was good to go.

Yes the raptor gate is a simple screw adjustment to get it flush with the PF surface

#11065 2 years ago

My left amber pop bumper isn’t bumping when hit by a ball or pushed manually with my hand. It lights up as normal and functions as it should in the coil test. Any clue as to what this could be?

#11066 2 years ago
Quoted from CMG-3000:

My left amber pop bumper isn’t bumping when hit by a ball or pushed manually with my hand. It lights up as normal and functions as it should in the coil test. Any clue as to what this could be?

Sounds like that bumper's switch isn't working - to confirm go into switch test mode and press on the bumper switch collar. It might just be that switch needs adjusting but could be a failed switch or connector

#11067 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Sounds like that bumper's switch isn't working - to confirm go into switch test mode and press on the bumper switch collar. It might just be that switch needs adjusting but could be a failed switch or connector

That was it. It failed the switch test so I fiddled with the switch a bit and made some adjustments. It’s back to popping again, thanks for your help.

#11068 2 years ago
Quoted from CMG-3000:

That was it. It failed the switch test so I fiddled with the switch a bit and made some adjustments. It’s back to popping again, thanks for your help.

Next time you order from Marco, throw these into your order:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

Make adjusting leaf switches MUCH easier.

#11069 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Today was a long day of mods on my JP premium and MBR. I installed Lior’s trex on JP and it’s awesome. But I had a god awful, could have been catastrophic moment when I accidentally pulled the playfield too far out and dumped it into the cabinet. Not good. I got it back up immediately. It dented the subwoofer a bit, but it seems to work well (probably a long term excuse to upgrade…), it bent the left flipper contacts a bit and I had to do some work to get the flipper working. The only other thing I noticed, after testing a bunch after getting everything tidy, cleaning and putting the glass back on are:
1) occasionally the trex turns its head to the right and it stutters, like it’s stuck. Once it did it with the ball in its mouth and it just dropped it. I’m not sure how much of that was from the playfield dump or from taking the trex mech off twice to first replace the trex and second to fine tune as she/he/they/them/it was a bit crooked.
For both of these have diagnostic tests which I have run but not sure what to do to tweak. Maybe the raptor pen has a simple adjustment like the control room stop, but I am too exhausted from all the work today to get back under the playfield. Instead I’m having a drink. Any advice, other than “you are a complete moron for dumping the playfield” would be appreciated.

Hey I did it in my GOTG too. Dented the speaker as well, thankfully everything else still worked. I had spent a deal of time with the playfully partially out installing mods, derped and forgot it was already out halfway. Definitely a mistake that you only makes once. I've talked to other people who have admitted the mistake as well, you live and learn and get better!

#11070 2 years ago

Back in the club with a premium

#11071 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

... But I had a god awful, could have been catastrophic moment when I accidentally pulled the playfield too far out and dumped it into the cabinet. Not good. I got it back up immediately. It dented the subwoofer a bit, but it seems to work well...

Quoted from BroMan90:

Hey I did it in my GOTG too. Dented the speaker as well, thankfully everything else still worked. I had spent a deal of time with the playfully partially out installing mods, derped and forgot it was already out halfway. Definitely a mistake that you only makes once. I've talked to other people who have admitted the mistake as well, you live and learn and get better!

I've done that more than once over the years. I wish Stern would put some sort of additional stopper at the end of the rail to help make it idiot proof (aka: me). Thankfully, no harm done other than my heart probably skipping a couple of beats.

Since then, I usually toss a big piece of foam in the cabinet when I'm 'working under the hood' just in case.

#11072 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Next time you order from Marco, throw these into your order:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK
Make adjusting leaf switches MUCH easier.

How exactly do you use those tools to adjust the switch? Is it to adjust the metal plates on the switch or the white rod and spoon-type piece that it touches?

#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from CMG-3000:

How exactly do you use those tools to adjust the switch? Is it to adjust the metal plates on the switch or the white rod and spoon-type piece that it touches?

Use the tool to adjust the switch so there is just a tiny gap between the metal points. If they are closed all the way the bumper will continuously fire. The white rod should hit right in the center of the spoon at the lowest point. That is most likely not your problem unless someone has messed with it.

#11074 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Did that to my IMDN, total bonehead maneuver, but luckily no damage at all.

#11075 2 years ago

Well according to my supplier, Stern should be working on the new round of JP machines this week, including my premium. So excited!

#11076 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Well according to my supplier, Stern should be working on the new round of JP machines this week, including my premium. So excited!

Congrats! They seem to be all sold out up to the December build and beyond. I lucked out into grabbing one built in April 2021 with low plays that had been traded towards a Mando LE.

#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I also have a premium coming from this build. Can't wait.

#11078 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also have a premium coming from this build. Can't wait.

Me too!

#11079 2 years ago

Me too! Been waiting on a JP Premium since May. This will be my very first pin.

#11080 2 years ago

Me too! Had a pro when game first game out, played a premium recently and it’s vastly improved.

Quoted from John_C:

Me too! Been waiting on a JP Premium since May. This will be my very first pin.

#11081 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

The prices for some of these simple plastic sign mods are really insane. I own a 3D printer and would like to print some of these mods by myself. Is there any website where you can download some ready to print 3D models other than thingiverse.com?
I created two signs by myself, if someone is interested leave me a PM.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice

Quoted from Lermods:

Me too! Had a pro when game first game out, played a premium recently and it’s vastly improved.

I dont understand buying a pro. They is nothing one them and they dont compare to the premiums. If I couldnt get the one with everything on it I just wouldnt buy it.

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I dont understand buying a pro. They is nothing one them and they dont compare to the premiums. If I couldnt get the one with everything on it I just wouldnt buy it.

Because for some, the Prem isn't always the better game. I have JP Prem, but have DP Pro and TWD Pro. I feel like the Pros play better than the Prems for those games.

There also might be a cost consideration. I'd rather have someone be able to buy a Pro at a lesser cost, than to see the price of a Prem and not get anything at all.

Hope that gives you a little insight on why.

#11083 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nice

i actually liked the pro. Main differences were the raptor pen and the moving trex, rest was relatively the same. it's a $2k+ difference and people make decisions on what value they place on those differences. At the time, I placed a lower value, now I tend to think the differences are more worth it and the code has evolved to a point where I think it will now be a keeper for a while.

#11084 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nice

That’s pretty irrational. In a world where premiums didn’t exist would you be out of the hobby or would you be ok with a “pro”? The pro is a fantastic game in its own right and oh yea it’s 2k cheaper.

I owned a pro originally and now I have a premium. The premium is a bit better but the pro is an excellent choice still.

#11085 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

That’s pretty irrational. In a world where premiums didn’t exist would you be out of the hobby or would you be ok with a “pro”? The pro is a fantastic game in its own right and oh yea it’s 2k cheaper.
I owned a pro originally and now I have a premium. The premium is a bit better but the pro is an excellent choice still.

If it came down to a LE with all the stuff or a pro I would just wait till I could get my hands on a LE. Every Pro I have played seems boring compared to the fully packed version. As i said in another thread, I played the Pro version of Star Wars and hated it but when I found a Premium really liked it. That is of course my opinion, to each his own.

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If it came down to a LE with all the stuff or a pro I would just wait till I could get my hands on a LE. Every Pro I have played seems boring compared to the fully packed version. As i said in another thread, I played the Pro version of Star Wars and hated it but when I found a Premium really liked it. That is of course my opinion, to each his own.

Comparison is the thief of joy. You sound like someone that buys things just to be able to say they own the “best”.

#11087 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Comparison is the thief of joy. You sound like someone that buys things just to be able to say they own the “best”.

Not at all. I dont care what anyone thinks of me or what I own. I find the stripped down versions boring compared to the full featured ones.

#11088 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not at all. I dont care what anyone thinks of me or what I own. I find the stripped down versions boring compared to the full featured ones.

Only because you know there is a better version out there, pro games are, for the most part, objectively not boring. There is an enormous gap between “boring” and wanting to drop 8k on a game, if the differences between a pro and premium can close the gap for you... well that just doesn’t make much sense to me.

#11089 2 years ago

The animated Trex was worth the extra $$ to me...

#11090 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nice

Because I could. One was local and I bought it just to try it. Turns out it's terrific and I enjoy it. And a $200 mod makes the T-Rex move.

#11091 2 years ago

It doesn't matter what version you buy, as long as you enjoy the game!

Also, for boring / not boring? I would tend to think that any pinball would be less boring than no pinball at all, but that's just me.

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I would tend to think that any pinball would be less boring than no pinball at all,

That is true.

#11093 2 years ago

So if I put two small pieces of black electrical tape under the optos on the main T-rex ramp(behind the backboard), I won't miss a registered skill/general shot? Sorry but looking through 100's of posts to find the theory behind this is way too time consuming.

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

So if I put two small pieces of black electrical tape under the optos on the main T-rex ramp(behind the backboard), I won't miss a registered skill/general shot? Sorry but looking through 100's of posts to find the theory behind this is way too time consuming.

This post explains it pretty simply:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

#11095 2 years ago

Sheesh, my eyes! I thought you were linking to the post below it as some sort of Rick roll.

#11096 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The animated Trex was worth the extra $$ to me...

It's a cool feature, yea, but would you rather have the raptor gate and animated T-Rex, or another older machine for that $2k? That was the budget question I had to ask myself that drove my decision in getting the Pro.

Granted, this was also before "pinflation" kicked in and there were more options for machines at a $2k price tag, and the T-Rex didn't do as much then either, making it an easier choice.

#11097 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sheesh, my eyes! I thought you were linking to the post below it as some sort of Rick roll.

Ha! Hadn't notice that. Would have been funny though!

#11098 2 years ago

Just think how great it would be to have nothing but pro as a choice…..essentially everything would be an LE

“Limited Edition”

#11099 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just think how great it would be to have nothing but pro as a choice…..essentially everything would be an LE
“Limited Edition”

No, essentially EVERYTHING would be a PRO…

#11100 2 years ago

I miss the days where 1 model was built. True Example In 2004 you could buy TSPP The Simpsons Pinball Party which is considered today a Premium for $3500 NIB. All there models were considered a Premium in todays pinball world, Then Stern made BBH and IM and stripped some bells and whistles off and called it a Pro. Then the prices and models kept going up and up. What can you do, even I put down a deposit for the NOV/DEC run and super stoked about it. You July Run owners enjoy when you get it, and I can't wait to see how soon the unboxing happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/222?hl=drussksu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.