(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,290 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 426.
#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Correct. There is no setting for POWER to the shaker. To change apparent power, you have to remove the cover and rotate ONE of the arms. Factory shipped is Full, 90-degress is moderate, 180-degrees is minimal.

Ahh, perfect. Ya I changed the 302 to Moderate and it is definitely still as strong just doesn’t go nearly as long, which actually works. But setting the arm offset and putting back to Maximum sounds a lot better deal!

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That's odd, wonder if you have the latest code? For what it's worth, I have a Pro.

Ya, it’s 1.0.3 or whatever; definitely latest as I know latest ends in 3 and birth date of machine is May 21.

#10903 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Mine skips from 283 to 302 but there is a shaker setting at 302, but the settings are labeled as use, not power; is this the same thing/correct setting? Factory setting is Maximal Use and there is Minimal, Moderate and Long Use. To me that sounds like how often it activates, not how strongly? Will give it a shot on Moderate though.

Quoted from gorditas:

I think that the feature adjustment numbering is the same for all of the Spike 2 machines. Not all machines have the features of reserved spots, and some machines aren't coded for particular adjustments. That is why you see numbers skipped.

This is weird. My JP Pro 302 is the right flipper. 300 is definitely the shaker.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I see you have the Premium - I bet that is the difference.

#10904 2 years ago

The right flipper on my new game will sometimes not come all the way back down after a flip. Is there an adjustment I can do? I wonder if something is on too tight. Thanks guys.

#10905 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

The right flipper on my new game will sometimes not come all the way back down after a flip. Is there an adjustment I can do? I wonder if something is on too tight. Thanks guys.

First thing to check is the coil stop. Stern has had issues with these. Easy fix if this is the case.

#10906 2 years ago

Guys, I feel like an idiot and need help.

Put on a new shooter plate and after putting everything together the manual plunger lacks a lot of power, to where I 95% of the time cannot get it to go fully through the up kicker ramp thing off of plunge.

I think I put it all back together correctly, dumbly didn’t take before pictures as I didn’t expect any difficulties; now I know better.

I’ve tried adjusting it a dozen times to ensure tip aligns with center of ball.

Here’s some after pictures if anyone can ID the issue:

C8DAFBC5-A817-43AF-BC0C-14F949AE373E (resized).jpegC8DAFBC5-A817-43AF-BC0C-14F949AE373E (resized).jpegF535E032-276A-4DED-9186-6D2F5609CA20 (resized).jpegF535E032-276A-4DED-9186-6D2F5609CA20 (resized).jpeg

#10907 2 years ago

Put on a new shooter plate and after putting everything together the manual plunger lacks a lot of power, to where I 95% off the time cannot get it to go fully through the up kicker off of plunge.
I think I put it all back together correctly, dumbly didn’t take before pictures as I didn’t expect any difficulties; now I know better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How about a picture of the plunger in the shooter lane, with a ball sitting there (to see if things are still centered)?

Are you sure the PF was fully seated?

#10908 2 years ago

Put on a new shooter plate and after putting everything together the manual plunger lacks a lot of power, to where I 95% of the time cannot get it to go fully through the up kicker ramp thing off of plunge.

My guess is that with the new plate the tip of the plunger is just slightly more back from the ball than it was before using the old plate. From your picture is looks like there are two or three washers on the rod outside the cabinet between the spring and the new plate.

I'd try removing a couple or all of those washers and see if you get better results. If doing that gives you improvement but doesn't quite do enough then switch the green spring for a stronger spring and that likely will get you the rest of the way there.

#10909 2 years ago

Something that you should do is swap the green spring for an orange one (extra power) - that factory fits the green one but the manual states that it should be orange. Switching to the orange spring solves alot of manual plunger issues in not making the ramp (I realise that it doesn't explain why you have lost all the power in adding the shooter plate but worth noting).

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How about a picture of the plunger in the shooter lane, with a ball sitting there (to see if things are still centered)?
Are you sure the PF was fully seated?

Actually think we’re good now and that it was just slightly off center; amazing how much a few mm makes. It’s not perfect yet, but hitting it 7/10 times rather than 1/10. Wish I didn’t have to raise pf every damn time to make an adjustment lol - thanks

#10911 2 years ago

Ah man, jelly! Never thought I’d want three games by same designer but it is tempting here; perhaps some day. However AIQ theme does nothing for me, and I’m pretty big on theme, but maybe I’d surprise myself with not caring based on how well it plays. IMDN is no brainier at this point as while I’m not a “Maiden fan” I’m a heavy metal fan and don’t mind their music at all. Either way, Elwin sure is magic from my limited experience so likely can’t go wrong.

I love avengers theme, im not a maiden fan at all but ive become an elwin fan. Theme isnt everything of course but it helps

#10912 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My guess is that with the new plate the tip of the plunger is just slightly more back from the ball than it was before using the old plate. From your picture is looks like there are two or three washers on the rod outside the cabinet between the spring and the new plate.
I'd try removing a couple or all of those washers and see if you get better results. If doing that gives you improvement but doesn't quite do enough then switch the green spring for a stronger spring and that likely will get you the rest of the way there.

Considered that but then realized the stick on plate for the face doesn’t actually affect depth at all; completely superficial.

#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Something that you should do is swap the green spring for an orange one (extra power) - that factory fits the green one but the manual states that it should be orange. Switching to the orange spring solves alot of manual plunger issues in not making the ramp (I realise that it doesn't explain why you have lost all the power in adding the shooter plate but worth noting).

Oh wow, didn’t realize that; will definitely look around for one and order. Is the spring stern or JP specific or will a parts store just carry “orange spring?”

#10914 2 years ago

Ah shit I realized what it is now, wasn’t a left/right adj issue but needed to bring the rod up a good cm; all good now

#10915 2 years ago

Oh wow, didn’t realize that; will definitely look around for one and order. Is the spring stern or JP specific or will a parts store just carry “orange spring?”

Pinball Life has them. Order some coil stops while you are at it to have on hand.

#10916 2 years ago

You can get a kit from Marco's that has a selection. Color coded for strength.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

First thing to check is the coil stop. Stern has had issues with these. Easy fix if this is the case.

So what am Iooking for on the coilstop?

#10918 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

The nub will be loose on a bad coil stop. It’s not always blatantly obvious but replacing them is cheap and easy.

#10919 2 years ago

Ah shit I realized what it is now, wasn’t a left/right adj issue but needed to bring the rod up a good cm; all good now

The suggestion to use painters tape to mark the exact location around your old plate before removing it for proper re-installing is a savvy trick that people should use to avoid this.

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The suggestion to use painters tape to mark the exact location around your old plate before removing it for proper re-installing is a savvy trick that people should use to avoid this.

Well that would have been smart had I known that trick! Would be sweet if we had a post that was “here’s a compilation of every bit of smart knowledge and tricks we’ve learned after decades of pinball” but at that point could probably just publish a book.

#10921 2 years ago

Well that would have been smart had I known that trick! Would be sweet if we had a post that was “here’s a compilation of every bit of smart knowledge and tricks we’ve learned after decades of pinball” but at that point could probably just publish a book.

Indeed. Though it's not necessarily as vitally important to be 100% exact on other pins as it is for this one. I've swapped plenty of plates before doing restorations and it's never been an issue. This is just one of those instances where perusing your owners thread can come in handy so you can benefit from other's experiences and lessons learned with the pin. I know it's helped me immensely in solving some issues and avoiding others.

Screenshot_20210704-073232_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-073232_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10922 2 years ago

Its at the top of every thread.
And at the top of the forum.

Screenshot_20210703-012422_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210703-012422_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-094319_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-094319_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10923 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Gold colored dust in the cabinet under the where the coils are at is dead giveaway.

#10924 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its at the top of every thread.
And at the top of the forum.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s… obviously not what I was talking about lmao. How am I going to search what I don’t know

#10925 2 years ago

That’s… obviously not what I was talking about lmao. How am I going to search what I don’t know

There are key posts listed at the top of the first page in the thread, although that said I’m not sure that Mark’s blue tape technique is one of them.

#10926 2 years ago

Hi everybody,

Some people, ask me different informations for this mod.
About the electric part we use the elegant Matrix System from Comet Pinball.
The screen inside has 2SMD which are connected to the brightness adjuster to give yourself control over brightness with the quick turn of a screw.
On the other side we use a Matrix quick connect bulb. You have just to replace a standard bulb by this special bulb.
We provide a mouse a keyboard, an UC (Unit Central), the Nedry's mug, the screen with 3 choices of one image illuminated and the plate to mount all the elements. Here are some pictures below.
The price of this mod included shipping is $75 ($60 for the mod and $15 for shipping around the world)

Regards,
Lionel.

IMG_1151_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1151_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1155_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1155_edited (resized).jpgScreen 1 (resized).jpgScreen 1 (resized).jpgScreen 2 (resized).jpgScreen 2 (resized).jpgScreen 3 (resized).jpgScreen 3 (resized).jpg

IMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPG
#10927 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I got my JP Pro NIB today and it's awesome but I have one strange behavior: the opto on the TRex ramp (the one behind the back wall) doesn't register fast ball shots. If the ball is a bit slower it triggers but when I perfectly hit the ball it triggers 1 of 5 shots or so.
I can only find a fix for the other opto issue of the right lane but this is a bit different and it's only that opto everything else works.

#10928 2 years ago

I have a yo-yo kopter mod That moves the T Rex head back-and-forth very simple installation 275 shipped

#10929 2 years ago

I also have a tilt topper for Jurassic Park asking 650

#10930 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Hi everyone, I got my JP Pro NIB today and it's awesome but I have one strange behavior: the opto on the TRex ramp (the one behind the back wall) doesn't register fast ball shots. If the ball is a bit slower it triggers but when I perfectly hit the ball it triggers 1 of 5 shots or so.
I can only find a fix for the other opto issue of the right lane but this is a bit different and it's only that opto everything else works.

Welcome to Pinside and the JP club!

Yes this issue has been posted previously - if you are struggling to find related post, I recommend to also try a Google search (it has a powerful search engine), in this case https://www.google.com/search?q=Jurassic+park+pro+t-rex+ramp+back+opto+issue+site%3Apinside.com shows your issue and fix in the first post reported (ie https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/98#post-5624930). Best to put the tape of the lower half of the opto as this will help with any air balls.

Let us know how you get on.

#10931 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Correct I have sometimes the same behaviour. I have inserted in the past a piece of cork to slow down the ball. I have made a post. You probably search the post with my comment in this thread. It is working. I have removed it now. I have accepted in some circumstance to have the problem . I take the T-Rex Ramp a second time and that's it !

#10932 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Correct I have sometimes the same behaviour. I have inserted in the past a piece of cork to slow down the ball. I have made a post. You probably search the post with my comment in this thread. It is working. I have removed it now. I have accepted in some circumstance to have the problem . I take the T-Rex Ramp a second time and that's it !

Thanks for the hints...actually I think I fixed it too but with another workaround: I took some small black tape on the ramp directly under both sensors. Just a small strip on both sides. I think that the transparent plastic is somehow reflecting the light too much and the ball too fast so it won't trigger when passing the sensor. After that all my shots trigger now...

#10933 2 years ago

Been in the club since Friday and loving the game. A lot of brick shots until you dial in your aim then it flows real nice. Great thing about the game is there's plenty to do and mix it up with. Here's a photo of my premium with a custom shaker grill thanks to the member here for the file and my 3d printed topper. I still have to light the topper up and finalise the fixing to the head box

IMG20210706150525 (resized).jpgIMG20210706150525 (resized).jpg
#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Been in the club since Friday and loving the game. A lot of brick shots until you dial in your aim then it flows real nice. Great thing about the game is there's plenty to do and mix it up with. Here's a photo of my premium with a custom shaker grill thanks to the member here for the file and my 3d printed topper. I still have to light the topper up and finalise the fixing to the head box
[quoted image]

Ya might want to go with shorter screws to attach the topper

#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

#10936 2 years ago

Had mine almost a month now. Never noticed these wires until today. I assume this is correct? Do others have a few wires showing right behind the right T-REX Fence post right above the spinner?

Wires (resized).jpgWires (resized).jpg
#10937 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Had mine almost a month now. Never noticed these wires until today. I assume this is correct? Do others have a few wires showing right behind the right T-REX Fence post right above the spinner?
[quoted image]

Yep wires are back there soldered to a pcb board, you can easily just tuck them back again so they are not easily seen.

#10938 2 years ago

If this game came out in 2019 why is it just now getting so popular. I never heard much about it till a few months ago.

#10939 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If this game came out in 2019 why is it just now getting so popular. I never heard much about it till a few months ago.

Not sure how you missed it as it was a huge announcement when launched and was so popular then that it sold out rather quickly (at least the LE's and Premiums). I was part of the second Premium run (I think it was the second run), and now they've had a third.

#10940 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its also #2 in the Top 100 list.... and getting closer....

#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Thanks for the hints...actually I think I fixed it too but with another workaround: I took some small black tape on the ramp directly under both sensors. Just a small strip on both sides. I think that the transparent plastic is somehow reflecting the light too much and the ball too fast so it won't trigger when passing the sensor. After that all my shots trigger now...

Can you post a pic?

I am starting to see lots of skill shots not being recognized.

#10942 2 years ago

Question- is the TREX supposed to drop the ball on the ramp all the time or is there a setting I need to change to make it so it drops on the ramp. Seems random I have seen it drop on the ramp but most times it throws it.

#10943 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Question- is the TREX supposed to drop the ball on the ramp all the time or is there a setting I need to change to make it so it drops on the ramp. Seems random I have seen it drop on the ramp but most times it throws it.

There's a setting where you can turn off throws.

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Thank you i will look for it probably missed it then.

#10945 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's based on the Trex mode by default. Multiball and rampage throw it. Chase and encounter drop it on the ramp if my memory serves correctly.

As mentioned you can turn off throw.

#10946 2 years ago

I'm noticing that I'm often not collecting the O when hitting the right orbit, good-strong hits too that either loop back around to right flipper or get into pop-ups, depending on truck orientation. I've hit it twice, thrice in a row even while flashing and nothing, then some future shot will finally register it. Is there something I'm needing to hit after shooting through the orbit entrance, for it to count, or what could I be looking at here for an issue/fix?

#10947 2 years ago

Is there a menu item to disable attract mode sounds for the flipper buttons. I can't seem to find it.

I'm noticing that I'm often not collecting the O when hitting the right orbit, good-strong hits too that either loop back around to right flipper or get into pop-ups, depending on truck orientation. I've hit it twice, thrice in a row even while flashing and nothing, then some future shot will finally register it. Is there something I'm needing to hit after shooting through the orbit entrance, for it to count, or what could I be looking at here for an issue/fix?

I had the same problem. A few pages back someone mentioned to cover the bottom of the opto opening with electrical tape. Fixed the problem.

#10948 2 years ago

As dinot posted, recommend putting some black tape over the lower half of the opto under the right ramp or otherwise the lower half of hole in the ball guide (although this would be more visible), this will ensure that the beam will be fully broken by an air-ball (rather than only partially which the game won't recognise).

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

yes these screws were for hole alignment purposes not fixing to the head. All done now with proper screws. Now on to the lighting side, the logo is a separate plate so I can install leds and feed wires to the dino section too.

#10950 2 years ago

There is also a more 'permanent' fix mention in this thread in the last week or so which involves removing the metal opto assembly from the bottom of the playfield (really easy to access and two screws to remove) adding a couple of washers under the opto mounts, and then replacing the opto bracket. It's the 'non-tape' fix and seems to work great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/219?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.