(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,109 posts
  • 1,011 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Rat
  • Topic is favorited by 528 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

542E1016-2D1C-4EDC-8D46-4FB6B707D717 (resized).jpeg
48250857-91E1-4495-B7A0-41C1B5870FE1 (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
91EA5C8A-AD4F-4F31-94B1-B2B2AD7569F2 (resized).jpeg
Pet (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
5B4A57A8-813B-4FE8-98D7-47590DE1CDFE (resized).jpeg
82DC786C-7899-4F2D-A818-D54AA896DEB6 (resized).jpeg
JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8D658887-BB6A-487F-8CA2-22DC8F2AEAFB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
jp_trex_tilt_down (resized).jpg
JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 263.
#10851 7 months ago

If you are looking for a more permanent fix instead of using tape over the opto check out this post from the premium thread that has a more permanent fix that involves adjusting the height of the opto.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568

#10852 7 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nice work! If the tape doesn't stay in place on the ball guide, you could put the tape on the opto on the inside of the orbit (under the right ramp)

I think the tape is below the contact point of the ball if you do it correctly.

#10853 7 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

If you are looking for a more permanent fix instead of using tape over the opto check out this post from the premium thread that has a more permanent fix that involves adjusting the height of the opto.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568

Awesome. That is pretty simple because the optos are very accessible. I was thinking that I'd have to take a bunch of stuff off to get to them (from the topside).

Thanks.

#10854 6 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Folks,
I finished (almost...as I am waiting on a few more mods) setting up my NIB Pro that I received last week. I noticed that the "O" right orbit doesn't always advance the CHAOS (when it is flashing).
In switch test mode, it registers 4 switches. I've tried flinging the ball fast and I still count 4 switches (I just realized that I can slo-mo video the screen to see if it registers every switch...I can try that tomorrow).
During the game, it seems to never advance the O shot unless the jeep is to the right and the ball hits the up post and feeds into the pops. I can fling the ball through rapidly and doesn't advance the O. If that jeep is to the right, the O advances. It is late tonight and I haven't performed extensive testing. (Wife goes to work early and the pin will wake her...gggrrrrrr)
Any thoughts?
Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I suggest some of our mods to embellish you pinball machine

- The Moving Blade (you can choose your color)
- The Nedry's Computer with the mug
- Our Velociraptor
- Some signs
- Our Pteranodon
- and our mosquitos Insert Bumper

We have 6 mods today to propose to you

Regards,
Lionel.

IMG_0099_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0442 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_1129 (resized).JPGIMG_9816 (resized).JPG
#10855 6 months ago

Anyone seen a issue where the Trough randomly puts 2 balls in the Vuk? Maybe a sensor board?

#10856 6 months ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Anyone seen a issue where the Trough randomly puts 2 balls in the Vuk? Maybe a sensor board?

If you are getting two ejects in a row, then check the shooter lane switch. If the switch doesn't see closure, it would likely eject a second ball. This is a possible situation if you have the full coverage clear shooter lane protector installed... check the lane switch.

#10857 6 months ago

I've been reading this topic for nearly 6 months and finally my nib premium has arrived to my home. Can't wait for tonight to enjoy a small unboxing gathering with a few friends.

#10858 6 months ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

One at a time or 2 at once?

#10859 6 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

One at a time or 2 at once?

2 at once

#10860 6 months ago

Two at once is a different issue. Is there anything blocking the trough eject, like a protector edge or anything else slightly in the way? Have you inspected the coil bracket itself to make sure it has not come loose? Have you checked/adjusted the trough eject power setting? It's possible that it tries to eject a ball, and for some reason fails to have enough power to succeed, so it tries again because the shooter lane switch reports no ball present, this time with a second ball that just happens to stay loaded on top of the other, which causes a second eject to be tried... this time pushing both out.

Check the eject coil brackets and power settings. The coil should not move if you grab it by hand and try to move it around. The trough setting should be at least 200-210.

#10861 6 months ago

Yes as Mark has indicated, does it try to eject a ball but fails (or possibly the ball bounces back from the shooterlane into the trough) and in so ends up have 2 balls sitting on the trough kickout plunger? Otherwise I'm not sure how this could occur

#10862 6 months ago

Ok then it is not the shooter lane switch, it has to stack 2 balls to do that.

Try turning down the trough eject power.

Edit- looks like Manny and Mark beat me to it haha

#10863 6 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I will try turning down the eject power. the coil is tight and I made sure nothing was blocking. It does seem like it tries and fails then pushes out 2. So maybe the first pop is too powerful and traps it. or the coil is failing and not producing enough power.

#10864 6 months ago

First thing is empty all the balls and insert the correct number of balls. Next check that the trough jam and shooter lane switches work properly in switch test. My bet is that it's one of these.

#10865 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those who want to add trees, here is my solution for the base. I 3D print the disks with holes, use plastic model glue to adhere the base of tree, then after dried use flush cutters to remove the extra stem. I then us clear double sided mounting take cut to size and place tree on top of plastic in desired locations.
Had similar technique on my DE JP, and I never once had a tree fall except when I accidentally broke them with my arm while working on the playfield. The disks are 1.6mm tall and 7/8" in diameter.
amazon.com link »
I'm happy to share the STL file with those who want to print their own, or for those who would like me to make them I'll sell them for 50 cents each plus $1 for postage (e.g. 20 disks = $11) - just PM me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The link is for gorilla tape not trees. Am i missing something?

#10866 6 months ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

I will try turning down the eject power. the coil is tight and I made sure nothing was blocking. It does seem like it tries and fails then pushes out 2. So maybe the first pop is too powerful and traps it. or the coil is failing and not producing enough power.

Check if the balls are magnetized.

#10867 6 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Two at once is a different issue. Is there anything blocking the trough eject, like a protector edge or anything else slightly in the way? Have you inspected the coil bracket itself to make sure it has not come loose? Have you checked/adjusted the trough eject power setting? It's possible that it tries to eject a ball, and for some reason fails to have enough power to succeed, so it tries again because the shooter lane switch reports no ball present, this time with a second ball that just happens to stay loaded on top of the other, which causes a second eject to be tried... this time pushing both out.
Check the eject coil brackets and power settings. The coil should not move if you grab it by hand and try to move it around. The trough setting should be at least 200-210.

^^^
this

#10868 6 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

tape is to hold the trees with discs to playfield....

#10869 6 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Here ya go...lots of trees to choose from.

amazon.com link »

#10870 6 months ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Here ya go...lots of trees to choose from.
amazon.com link »

Good selection here...

amazon.com link »

#10871 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok so I found these in my cabinet. Ive had the game a year and havent had issues, but Im sure they go somewhere....
[quoted image]

Can you post exactly where these go? I have the same issue on my prem as well, LOL Not sure where to put them.

#10872 6 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Turning it down to 175 fixed it. I recently installed cliffy’s and it looks like it was just bouncing right back in perfectly. Thanks!

#10873 6 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well, you can use the Gorilla tape with the bases I offer to mount the trees.

Here is the correct link for the trees I used (there are many options out there): amazon.com link »

#10874 6 months ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Turning it down to 175 fixed it. I recently installed cliffy’s and it looks like it was just bouncing right back in perfectly. Thanks!

Awesome! No big deal!

#10875 6 months ago

Can someone explain what comes standard in the goodie bag. I just received my nib premium and all I got was 3 x key fobs and target decals. Usually I expect sling plastics etc but maybe that's a thing of the past

#10876 6 months ago

Jesus, just picked up a prem a few days ago and must say this pin is amazing! Node board 9 and cabinet node board both died first day, game 6, but got up and running within 24 hours with a replacement.

My first Elwin game I’ve ever played and now I get the hype. This shit is buttery smooth and just an absolute joy to shoot. I can literally feel myself getting better every game, not just at JP but pinball as a whole. I just love how you nearly never get lucky and really gotta make your shots.

The entire family loves it and it was no contest against my first pin, MBr. Everyone instantly noted how much smoother it was, which while I agreed I found odd, since MB is known as quite a smooth game. My wife and 5 kids all shoot better on JP2 as well, which is also odd as MB considered one of the easier games. But… the fam doesn’t progress through modes on JP2; T-Rex and Raptor mb and that’s about it, never making it out of first paddock. So that’s probably why it’s not considered easy; you can accidentally get all the monsters on MB where you’ll almost never accidentally make a mode or even a needed shot on JP2.

Man… I actually see a day now when I might trade in MBr for IMDN. Won’t be for quite a while, but there’s just magic here and having never played IMDN, I can anticipate just how awesome that too is.

But… very happy with MBr, JP2, BKSOR coming next week and Mando whenever; all prems. Think they all round each other out quite nicely in layout and game type. Just didn’t anticipate the entire family dropping MBr for JP2 like that. Well, I did as they all dino fans, but really thought it was going to be too tough and not fun for them. Boy was I wrong!

#10877 6 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can someone explain what comes standard in the goodie bag. I just received my nib premium and all I got was 3 x key fobs and target decals. Usually I expect sling plastics etc but maybe that's a thing of the past

What you described is exactly what I got when I received my pre-ordered NIB LE in 2019. Hope this info helps!

#10878 6 months ago

I have two issues.

One, the shooter lane issue where it sorta-rarely makes it up on the full plunge. Did the double-washer trick and while it’s better, definitely not resolved. What’s the next trick when that doesn’t fully work?

Second isn’t JP-2 specific, but Stern sent me a new shaker motor as they think the og might have blown those boards, but something is very wrong with it. It gets the odd harmonics where it rattles the entire cabinet in a very undesirable way, rather than just pleasantly shake. It’s bad enough that I’d rather have no shaker motor then this. Any ideas on what might be happening here? Can’t be a glass or pf issue as the og motor didn’t do this. Tried to switch housing too, to maybe very marginal affect.

#10879 6 months ago
Quoted from timlah79:

What you described is exactly what I got when I received my pre-ordered NIB LE in 2019. Hope this info helps!

Thank you very much for the reply. I didn't want to complain to my supplier about something that isn't the case.

#10880 6 months ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:I have two issues.
One, the shooter lane issue where it sorta-rarely makes it up on the full plunge. Did the double-washer trick and while it’s better, definitely not resolved. What’s the next trick when that doesn’t fully work?
Second isn’t JP-2 specific, but Stern sent me a new shaker motor as they think the og might have blown those boards, but something is very wrong with it. It gets the odd harmonics where it rattles the entire cabinet in a very undesirable way, rather than just pleasantly shake. It’s bad enough that I’d rather have no shaker motor then this. Any ideas on what might be happening here? Can’t be a glass or pf issue as the og motor didn’t do this. Tried to switch housing too, to maybe very marginal affect.

1. Do you notice an difference using the auto-plunger vs manual plunging? Possibly you need to realign the manual plunger tip to strike the ball in the centre, while the auto-plunger needs to have the ball evenly resting on the 2 forks

2. The shaker motor can be pretty intense. In the settings, you can adjust how often you want the shaker used during gameplay; or alternatively you can adjust the position of the offset of the shaker weights to reduce the intensity (IIRC having the weights 90 degrees to each other will minimise the intensity of the shake).

#10881 6 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

1. Do you notice an difference using the auto-plunger vs manual plunging? Possibly you need to realign the manual plunger tip to strike the ball in the centre, while the auto-plunger needs to have the ball evenly resting on the 2 forks
2. The shaker motor can be pretty intense. In the settings, you can adjust how often you want the shaker used during gameplay; or alternatively you can adjust the position of the offset of the shaker weights to reduce the intensity (IIRC having the weights 90 degrees to each other will minimise the intensity of the shake).

Ah yes, forgot to mention, the auto-plunger always works, has never failed once iirc. I will look into the manual plunger tip, not sure how to adjust that but will try to figure it out or google it.

As for the shaker motor, what I found interesting is that the first motor didn’t have these strange harmonics that distorted the entire cabinet, so would be weird to need to kick down intensity but with a shot. You may be correct on the offset; that’s adjusted by the set screws eh? I might also just throw the og motor in even if for a game it two to really confirm the difference and that I’m not creating a story that doesn’t exist, but man, just don’t remember these cabinet harmonic rattles.

#10882 6 months ago

In general i would suggest the pinball life spike 2 shaker over sterns. Sterns comes factory set to shake a house.

Glad you see how great this game is. I am soon to have the elwin trifecta when iron maiden comes this month.

#10883 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

In general i would suggest the pinball life spike 2 shaker over sterns. Sterns comes factory set to shake a house.
Glad you see how great this game is. I am soon to have the elwin trifecta when iron maiden comes this month.

Ah man, jelly! Never thought I’d want three games by same designer but it is tempting here; perhaps some day. However AIQ theme does nothing for me, and I’m pretty big on theme, but maybe I’d surprise myself with not caring based on how well it plays. IMDN is no brainier at this point as while I’m not a “Maiden fan” I’m a heavy metal fan and don’t mind their music at all. Either way, Elwin sure is magic from my limited experience so likely can’t go wrong.

#10884 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

...Sterns comes factory set to shake a house. Glad you see how great this game is. I am soon to have the elwin trifecta when iron maiden comes this month.

My shaker was on the standard setting and I thought it would loosen even screw on the PF, so I bumped it down a notch. Much better.

#10885 6 months ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

However AIQ theme does nothing for me, and I’m pretty big on theme, but maybe I’d surprise myself

I bet you will! I am also in the camp where AIQ theme doesn't light my fire. But WOW the game plays GREAT. I was really surprised how much I like it. My daughter also loves the game and plans to add it to her collection, works for me!

#10886 6 months ago

Ah yes, forgot to mention, the auto-plunger always works, has never failed once iirc. I will look into the manual plunger tip, not sure how to adjust that but will try to figure it out or google it.
As for the shaker motor, what I found interesting is that the first motor didn’t have these strange harmonics that distorted the entire cabinet, so would be weird to need to kick down intensity but with a shot. You may be correct on the offset; that’s adjusted by the set screws eh? I might also just throw the og motor in even if for a game it two to really confirm the difference and that I’m not creating a story that doesn’t exist, but man, just don’t remember these cabinet harmonic rattles.

To adjust the plunger I believe you need to move the plunger bracket that attaches to the cabinet.

As for adjusting the shaker, yes loosen the set screw to rotate the weight. The shaft does have a flat spot for the set screw in the default position however it works just fine doing the set screw up onto a rounded part of the shaft

#10887 6 months ago

Where is shaker motor settings in JP2? Not finding them anywhere.

#10888 6 months ago

Where is shaker motor settings in JP2? Not finding them anywhere.

Just checked: setting number 300 in Game Adjustments

#10889 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thank you!

I noticed in the manual they don’t list out all game settings like CGC did in MBr; is this standard for Stern or is there a source that lists and explains all settings?

#10890 6 months ago

Thank you!
I noticed in the manual they don’t list out all game settings like CGC did in MBr; is this standard for Stern or is there a source that lists and explains all settings?

I think Stern lists "most" of the standard settings that were there during the very first release of the code. I say most because it's not clear where they stop or for what reasons, and I am sure they never re-release the manual as the game code progresses. So all of the many settings added which are shown in the release notes for each new version of gamecode are never added to the manual.

My suggestion, slowly step through ALL the settings to familiarize yourself with them by NAME. Then you'll have an idea what is available in the future.

#10891 6 months ago

Thank you!

Standard for Stern. You have to flip through them to see what’s there and sometimes guess what the setting does. Usually it’s self-explanatory.

#10892 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Mine skips from 283 to 302 but there is a shaker setting at 302, but the settings are labeled as use, not power; is this the same thing/correct setting? Factory setting is Maximal Use and there is Minimal, Moderate and Long Use. To me that sounds like how often it activates, not how strongly? Will give it a shot on Moderate though.

#10893 6 months ago

Mine skips from 283 to 302 but there is a shaker setting at 302, but the settings are labeled as use, not power; is this the same thing/correct setting? Factory setting is Maximal Use and there is Minimal, Moderate and Long Use. To me that sounds like how often it activates, not how strongly? Will give it a shot on Moderate though.

Correct. There is no setting for POWER to the shaker. To change apparent power, you have to remove the cover and rotate ONE of the arms. Factory shipped is Full, 90-degress is moderate, 180-degrees is minimal.

#10894 6 months ago

That's odd, wonder if you have the latest code? For what it's worth, I have a Pro.

#10895 6 months ago

Ah man, jelly! Never thought I’d want three games by same designer but it is tempting here; perhaps some day. However AIQ theme does nothing for me, and I’m pretty big on theme, but maybe I’d surprise myself with not caring based on how well it plays. IMDN is no brainier at this point as while I’m not a “Maiden fan” I’m a heavy metal fan and don’t mind their music at all. Either way, Elwin sure is magic from my limited experience so likely can’t go wrong.

I would definitely play AIQ before buying. Thought I would love it but not so much. Maybe I need more playtime but both IMDN and JP both grabbed me on game 1.

#10896 6 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would definitely play AIQ before buying. Thought I would love it but not so much. Maybe I need more playtime but both IMDN and JP both grabbed me on game 1.

While I was waiting on delivery of a NIB AIQ, I got a bunch of games in on some route AIQ machines at a couple of local places. Just couldn't 'feel' it. I ended up selling my NIB AIQ the day it was delivered... Which gave me the "good excuse" to buy back into the club and order my second NIB JP prem!!!

#10897 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That's odd, wonder if you have the latest code? For what it's worth, I have a Pro.

I think that the feature adjustment numbering is the same for all of the Spike 2 machines. Not all machines have the features of reserved spots, and some machines aren't coded for particular adjustments. That is why you see numbers skipped.

#10898 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I bet you will! I am also in the camp where AIQ theme doesn't light my fire. But WOW the game plays GREAT. I was really surprised how much I like it. My daughter also loves the game and plans to add it to her collection, works for me!

This describes me to a T. I'm not a comic fan at all, and walked right past AIQ several times on location. But once I played it, I found that I kept going back. I far prefer the theme of JP, but I now prefer the gameplay of AIQ Premium by a wide margin.

20210630_120327 (resized).jpg
#10899 6 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

This describes me to a T. I'm not a comic fan at all, and walked right past AIQ several times on location. But once I played it, I found that I kept going back. I far prefer the theme of JP, but I now prefer the gameplay of AIQ Premium by a wide margin.
[quoted image]

Same, avengers doesn't do much for me as a theme but AIQ is awesome, I still think JP is the better game overall but its not by much and theme may be the deciding factor for me.
IMDN is great too but its a distant 3rd of the 3.

#10900 6 months ago

Thank you!

Stern used to document all the game settings back in the SAM based days however their manual these days only covers the "standard" adjustments and no game "feature" adjustments. I guess the challenge they have is that the game features evolve through the various code releases and subsequently new feature adjustments are added (defaults can change and adjustments are sometimes removed), so it means additional work in maintaining the manual. I reached out to Stern Support back at the start of last year in regards to this and Pablo replied "Sorry but we only have the standard adjustment settings and do not have anything on feature adjustment’s. We are currently working on getting the feature adjustment’s added in the near future", but I don't believe any updates have been released.

There are 13,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 263.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside