(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,935 posts
  • 1,008 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by holminone
  • Topic is favorited by 527 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg
IMG_0667-sml (resized).jpg
4ECBF466-D367-4041-BA53-3417ECA3E675 (resized).png
BDC09B3E-70A2-4F5F-B415-9ADFD657D9A3 (resized).jpeg
DNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).png
JP_12 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP_08 (resized).jpg
JP_01 (resized).jpg
JP_04 (resized).jpg
20220109_151159 (resized).jpg
0067CF3A-6FDC-4684-8545-73CC9D24B7E0 (resized).jpeg
JP Home Translite (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202333787 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202343621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202401625 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 259.
#10751 7 months ago

Has anyone experienced the sound cutting in and out, mostly when the T REX has been set off? Tried loose connections and everything I can think of.

#10752 7 months ago

Just mounted the heads

20210616_193103 (resized).jpg20210616_193114 (resized).jpg20210616_193118 (resized).jpg
#10753 7 months ago

Does anyone make plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes in orange for this game? Thus far only seen clear and green.

#10754 7 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Does anyone make plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes in orange for this game? Thus far only seen clear and green.

Mezel mods is where I got mine, and they look great.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-plastic-protector-set

35D9371E-BE6B-4148-886E-DEEBF462EAB7.jpegE9CE7CB1-31F8-4CAA-B284-628DADB24097.jpeg
#10755 7 months ago

Shit, how the hell did I over look them, I have been to that site like a 1000 times lol. Thanks

#10756 7 months ago
PXL_20210617_020928678 (resized).jpgPXL_20210617_020931734 (resized).jpg
#10758 7 months ago

Yes, along with PBL and MEZEL's Green/orange and clear, there is also another company that makes them in 6 or 7 different colors, BUT, I can't remember for the life of me what the NAME of the company is! I think it starts with a "Z". I will try to find them again.

#10759 7 months ago

Trying something different with the powder coating on this machine. This is the 1st 1 stage color I've had done. All of my other machines were 2 stage.

I was originally planning to spray paint black diagonal "warning" lines on top of this yellow, but now I am second guessing that. I worry that it might get too "busy". I was going to do the lockdown bar, side rails and possibly coin door. Now I am thinking that I'll throw these on the machine first and see how the yellow is by itself. If I like it, I won't do the black lines.

I am weird about having 2 games with the same color (or in the same family). I wanted to do orange with JP, but I've already reserved orange for Mando premium.

JP should arrive next week.
20210618_101826 (resized).jpg

#10760 7 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

...I was originally planning to spray paint black diagonal "warning" lines on top of this yellow, but now I am second guessing that. I worry that it might get too "busy"...

Just try some black tape temporally to get an idea of what it would look like...

Some claw scratches might be cool and a little more subtle.

#10761 7 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Trying something different with the powder coating on this machine. This is the 1st 1 stage color I've had done. All of my other machines were 2 stage.
I was originally planning to spray paint black diagonal "warning" lines on top of this yellow, but now I am second guessing that. I worry that it might get too "busy". I was going to do the lockdown bar, side rails and possibly coin door. Now I am thinking that I'll throw these on the machine first and see how the yellow is by itself. If I like it, I won't do the black lines.
I am weird about having 2 games with the same color (or in the same family). I wanted to do orange with JP, but I've already reserved orange for Mando premium.
JP should arrive next week.
[quoted image]

Here was my DE JP with safety yellow and caution tape theme (some thought I went over the top with it, but I loved how it looked).

#10762 7 months ago

I really liked how it turned out, so I say do what makes you happy.

#10763 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I say do what makes you happy.

Yep definitely a personal taste. Personally I find the caution tape look pretty fulgy to be honest. But that’s just me.

I also don’t “get it”. I would get it on a Roadshow. But there is NO caution tape anywhere in Jurassic Park(movie). As if plastic tape would somehow restrain a dinosaur…

#10764 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here was my DE JP with safety yellow and caution tape theme (some thought I went over the top with it, but I loved how it looked).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think it looked great, definitely not my style and not something I would do but to each their own and you put it together nicely.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

I also don’t “get it”. I would get it on a Roadshow. But there is NO caution tape anywhere in Jurassic Park(movie). As if plastic tape would somehow restrain a dinosaur…

This has always been my feelings on the caution tape.

#10765 7 months ago

Has anyone else had an issue with black lines of dirt or something in the inlanes? I keep cleaning it but it comes back after a couple of games. Seems like some sort of residue keeps pooling where the ramps drop the ball at the top of the inlane and then runs down the inlane and front of the flippers in perfect lines. Is this normal? I will add a picture as soon as it builds up again.

#10766 7 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Has anyone else had an issue with black lines of dirt or something in the inlanes? I keep cleaning it but it comes back after a couple of games. Seems like some sort of residue keeps pooling where the ramps drop the ball at the top of the inlane and then runs down the inlane and front of the flippers in perfect lines. Is this normal? I will add a picture as soon as it builds up again.

Ball trails? Just keep it clean every now and again. You can wipe the dirt that shows but you won't ever get rid of the ball trails.

#10767 7 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

How many games are on your machine? The mechanics always emit dust/powder which circulates inside the playfield, and as any game ages, the wear increases a bit since the friction surfaces are becoming less pristine over time. The ball picks that stuff up and lays it down as it rolls. You might want to take a look under your playfield and check the flipper mechanisms and all the coil stops and sleeves to SEE if any noticeable wear. Coil sleeves can be hard to spot, but look for dust around them. Replace anything that looks worn or has dust surrounding it. Finally, just give the playfield a simple wipedown with a clean rag and some cleaner every 25-35 games or so.

#10768 7 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep definitely a personal taste. Personally I find the caution tape look pretty fulgy to be honest. But that’s just me.

Definately not for everyone. When I bought the pin it had yellow legs. Since yellow is one of the 4 colors in the Jurassic Park logo (red, black, yellow, white) and one of my favorites, I ran with it. When I sold it, I also included the original backglass and anything else original to the game. Quite honestly I was surprised at the response I received when I put it up for sale at what I considered to a high end price point at the time for the title. The person I sold to was out of state, and had been searching for just the right one for some time, so I was glad it went to someone who would appreciate it.

#10769 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Definately not for everyone. When I bought the pin it had yellow legs. Since yellow is one of the 4 colors in the Jurassic Park logo (red, black, yellow, white) and one of my favorites, I ran with it. When I sold it, I also included the original backglass and anything else original to the game. Quite honestly I was surprised at the response I received when I put it up for sale at what I considered to a high end price point at the time for the title. The person I sold to was out of state, and had been searching for just the right one for some time, so I was glad it went to someone who would appreciate it.

You could have blown his mind and shipped with four different color legs, one of each!!! LOL

#10770 7 months ago

FatPanda Markharris2000

Thanks for the replies. We've put almost 2k plays on it since we got it so it seems like this is normal. I'll definitely check the coil stops as I noticed some black dust collecting on the coinbox.

#10771 7 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Get rid of the black rubbers.

#10772 7 months ago

Get rid of the black rubbers.

Or if you like black, replace with black silicone - Titan Pinball is an excellent source.

#10773 7 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You could have blown his mind and shipped with four different color legs, one of each!!! LOL

And put weird circle and rectangle pieces all over them too?

#10774 7 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

FatPanda Markharris2000
Thanks for the replies. We've put almost 2k plays on it since we got it so it seems like this is normal. I'll definitely check the coil stops as I noticed some black dust collecting on the coinbox.

That's it!!!!! Find the source of that dust, which is usually right above where you see it on the coinbox or cabinet bottom. Then replace the sleeve or stops or both!!! Cheap and easy to do....

#10775 7 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Yep - switch to white rubber.

You can go poly or silicone but I don’t like those on anything bigger than 1”. It feels to me like the slings and flippers should be old-school rubber. I like the way the real rubber plays on the lower playfield. That’s how I set my games up.

#10776 7 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And put weird circle and rectangle pieces all over them too?

And for the icing on the cake, delivered it to them with this:
IMG_1550 (1) (resized).jpg

#10777 7 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

And for the icing on the cake, delivered it to them with this:
[quoted image]

jpc (resized).jpg
#10778 7 months ago

Actually, this would be a more appropriate comparison.

car (resized).jpg
#10779 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, this would be a more appropriate comparison.
[quoted image]

6EAA32F4-3DFB-4244-8045-58CB87246E92 (resized).png
#10780 7 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking to sell some comics and buy another NIB pin and Jurassic park premium looks like a blast with all those toys and ramps. It's been 9 years since I bought my first NIB, so I know a lot has changed like the on/off switch location and other things. What I want to know does the button on the lockdown bar do anything during game play like it did in AC/DC and TWD or are they standard in all the new Sterns? Thanks for any input on the Premium. Thanks Donny

#10781 7 months ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Hi everyone, I'm looking to sell some comics and buy another NIB pin and Jurassic park premium looks like a blast with all those toys and ramps. It's been 9 years since I bought my first NIB, so I know a lot has changed like the on/off switch location and other things. What I want to know does the button on the lockdown bar do anything during game play like it did in AC/DC and TWD or are they standard in all the new Sterns? Thanks for any input on the Premium. Thanks Donny

It’s a Dino tranquilizer and more!
You must have some serious comics

#10782 7 months ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

There are a few choices that need to be made during game play, and the flippers allow choices to be "scrolled", and then the lockdown bar button is the "Select".

#10783 7 months ago

Right on guys thanks, it sounds fun. Yeah I have some serious comics but the ones I have in mind to sell I wont miss, but this pin I have to have.

#10784 7 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Has anyone experienced the sound cutting in and out, mostly when the T REX has been set off? Tried loose connections and everything I can think of.

Looks like your question got a little lost and sorry but I have not had this issue. However, when you say "mostly when the T REX has been set off." Do you have a shaker motor? Since the shaker is in play when the t-rex is doing its thing, maybe it's a connection where you haven't looked yet that gets jostled when the shaker is going? It really does seem to lead to a connection/physical issue so maybe you haven't looked in the right place yet. Also depends on what you mean by cutting in and out. Is the sound on all speakers cutting out entirely? Perhaps a video of the issue would help.

#10785 7 months ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Right on guys thanks, it sounds fun. Yeah I have some serious comics but the ones I have in mind to sell I wont miss, but this pin I have to have.

Please PM me regarding the comics you are looking to sell. I'm kind of a nerd myself in that realm.

#10786 7 months ago

Just saw a high rated seller post LOTS of Jada 1/43 JP12 Jeeps for sale on Ebay. $27 or so including shipping... expect 3-4 week delivery.

ebay.com link: itm

#10787 7 months ago

Anyone know how to get replacement plastics? My number 15 in the back left broke.

#10788 7 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone know how to get replacement plastics? My number 15 in the back left broke.

Just shoot an e-mail off to PinballLife, Terry will order for you. Chances are, you'll have to buy the entire set.

#10789 7 months ago

Hi everybody,

Did you see our last version of the Velociraptor mod ?
You can choose our dome (Cristal Clear or Full Orange) but also the color of the figurine (Blue, Green, or Spotted)

Note : We propose also others mods for the JP Machine (Moving blade, Mosquitos Insert, Pteranodon and Signs x4)

Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested !

Regards,
Lionel.

IMG_0442 (resized).JPGIMG_0482 (resized).JPGIMG_0711 (resized).JPGIMG_0712 (resized).JPGIMG_0713 (resized).JPG
#10790 7 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

This one? https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm

#10791 7 months ago

Just installed rocket city pinball start button and it looks so good. very happy

9D0C973E-9756-413A-B1B2-86D0D6D73E35 (resized).jpegBC3B93D5-5564-4741-A42A-0BCDCCCAAA79 (resized).jpeg
#10792 7 months ago

Got in the club last night. The ball seems to stop on mine on the up post in the raptor cage. I haven't checked it out underneath yet, but is there an adjustment to have the post slightly higher when its down? This is on the premium.

#10793 7 months ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Just installed rocket city pinball start button and it looks so good. very happy

That looks awesome.

#10794 7 months ago
Quoted from butterz:

Got in the club last night. The ball seems to stop on mine on the up post in the raptor cage. I haven't checked it out underneath yet, but is there an adjustment to have the post slightly higher when its down? This is on the premium.

This shows where to adjust it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/116#post-5763899

#10796 7 months ago

My first Pin Arrives FRIDAY...Jurassic Park Premium...NIB... Super pumped. I'll play the sucker all weekend long and then start thinking Mods...I like them there Pistadium lights and I guess the Shaker motor...Will probably wait on others....Haven't seen a single topper or blades I really like so I'll prolly pass on that junk.

Just praying it shows up in an unmolested box from FedEx

#10797 7 months ago
Quoted from PinheadJeff:

My first Pin Arrives FRIDAY...Jurassic Park Premium...NIB... Super pumped. I'll play the sucker all weekend long and then start thinking Mods...I like them there Pistadium lights and I guess the Shaker motor...Will probably wait on others....Haven't seen a single topper or blades I really like so I'll prolly pass on that junk.
Just praying it shows up in an unmolested box from FedEx

Congrats! You picked a great first pin.

#10798 7 months ago

Going to post this in both club threads. Due to such limited availability, I was going to attempt to cast an amber shooting rod with epoxy resin. Curious to see how it will turn out. I already purchased the blank threaded shooter rod from Pinball Life.

Can anyone with the official Stern Jurassic Shooter tell us the dimensions of the amber? Diameter and length? Thanks.

#10799 7 months ago

Thank you Mr_Tantrum . Answered in other thread. Always great to get assistance from fellow Pinsiders here on Pinside!

#10800 7 months ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Thank you Mr_Tantrum . Answered in other thread. Always great to get assistance from fellow Pinsiders here on Pinside!

For future reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/148#post-6349155

There are 12,935 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 259.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside