(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 426.
#10501 2 years ago

Question... I am having some issues with my recently acquired JP Prem... not sure if its sensor related, wires, or what.. but I am getting a lot of "tranqulizers ready" as if I was shooting dozens of tower shots.. the numbers go up by just hitting the flippers. Its giving me million of points without doing anything..and the "tranquilizer ready" audio is constant ... so very annoying..

#10502 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Question... I am having some issues with my recently acquired JP Prem... not sure if its sensor related, wires, or what.. but I am getting a lot of "tranqulizers ready" as if I was shooting dozens of tower shots.. the numbers go up by just hitting the flippers. Its giving me million of points without doing anything..and the "tranquilizer ready" audio is constant ... so very annoying..

What if you take it into switch test mode and give the cabinet a shake or two.

#10503 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Didn’t even make it to VC.... that bonus would have been huge. +500M Raptor tri-ball. Love this game.
Edit: one ‘death save’
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice ball 1 !!!

#10504 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Was just told shipping by Wed!!

What month ? I really hope so.

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What month ? I really hope so.

Me too....

"Yes, the plan is still to have all the shakers installed and ready to ship by Wednesday. You will receive an email with tracking when it leaves the building.

Thank you. "

#10506 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

What if you take it into switch test mode and give the cabinet a shake or two.

thanks - I will try that

#10507 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

thanks - I will try that

Also try banging on the pf in different spots with your fist. Sometimes the vibrations from the flippers or other coils can trigger flaky switches.

#10508 2 years ago

I'm already aware that the downvoter who hates JP movie content will downvote this but wanted to share for those who aren't haters and actual JP franchise fans. I just received the new Ray Arnold Amber Collection figure from Mattel. These are way too large to put into the machine but I've leveraged them in other ways in my gameroom. So far they've only put out Malcolm, Nedry, and Arnold but the figurines are so cool IMO (especially the newest Arnold one where it comes with his detached arm) so I wanted to share. You can grab these in discount packs too via Entertainment Earth (if like me you want to keep one boxed and the other out). The collection also has dinos that could be used in the playfield but I'm personally only interested in the movie characters: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/?query1=jurassic+park+amber
PXL_20210519_173342766.jpg5630750740050726904_PerfectlyClear (resized).jpgPXL_20210519_173342766.jpg5630750740050726904_PerfectlyClear (resized).jpg

#10509 2 years ago

^ Just saw the Amber Collection Velociraptor and Pteranadon at Target last night. Really nice looking figures. They were $30 each I think....

Later,
EV

#10510 2 years ago
Quoted from Spywax:

I'm having the exact same problem. The ball comes down the spiral wireform and when it dumps it, it basically bounces off the ballguide instead of going along it causing it to follow a trajectory away from the flipper. When you say "Ramp" do you mean the right ramp or the right wireform? I would love to know how to fix this.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I adjusted the wire form. Works great now never misses the upper flipper.

#10511 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'm already aware that the downvoter who hates JP movie content will downvote this but wanted to share for those who aren't haters and actual JP franchise fans.

I downvoted you for crying about getting downvotes.

#10512 2 years ago

Tim is my hero! Everytime I play JP!!!

#10513 2 years ago

So I just placed a preorder for my JP premium pinball and I was curious as to what mods folks used on their own machines?

#10514 2 years ago

Managed to get to Visitor's Centre and Secure Control room with a 2 bil score after 3 months of ownership, was not expecting that so soon, my previous high was only half a bil with only getting to the t-rex line of the map. Not sure how long it will take to actually get to Nublar, let alone actually completing successfully all the wizard modes. While I did do well in the two wizard modes, I didn't actually complete them.

Anyways, I've been purposely avoiding any info about the game, while I feel like my gaming instincts have slipped, a lot, since my youth, I guess some of it is still left in these older bones.

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So I just placed a preorder for my JP premium pinball and I was curious as to what mods folks used on their own machines?

audio video upgrade... Jeep...helicopter... Cliffys #1.... Amber shooter....

All mine are waiting on my Prem... was supposed to get a tracking # today....

#10516 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Here is one I did.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/182#post-6071863

#10517 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Couple more
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/171#post-6010126

#10518 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

And in my opinion get the Tim code. Great clips, sound track, etc. who doesn’t want to see a lawyer on the shtr getting bit in half

#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

And in my opinion get the Tim code. Great clips, sound track, etc. who doesn’t want to see a lawyer on the shtr getting bit in half

Just installed today. Its amazing !!!

#10520 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I downvoted you for crying about getting downvotes.

I just upvoted you for pinpointing my tears LOL!

#10521 2 years ago

I had a question about the game being "too linear". A complaint I've heard a few times about this title.

I understand that their is not much choice for the order of the paddocks, so I can see the path for those being somewhat linear. However, once you are in a paddock, are the park employee movements and the dinosaur movements random or do they always follow the same path?

This game looks great to me but I am not a fan of linear rulesets (eg: Roadshow). Does JP feel like Roadshow in this way or is it more randomized than that?

#10522 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a quick review of the helicopter blades Lionel is offering. Placed a blue and white 6-blade set on my JP Pro and couldn't be happier. The drop down rods are much heavier gauge than the previous set available and mentioned in post 10442 by Lermods. Another nice touch is the screw and bolt that acts as a weight on one of the blade creates a home position towards the bottom of the playfield and puts the rod in a position to make great movement. While it doesn't always go to home position after the initial spins, a couple of bumps of the balls into targets/pop bumpers seems to get it there quickly. Have no idea about long term durability, and it does looks like it was made via a 3D printer, but so far, so good. Very good actually. Arrived within a week from France.

Mike

Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
We build blades of helicopter for Pro. Here it is the link on my Youtube chanel to see the movement. We build a 4 and a 6 blades models depending what you prefer. We can make the color you want. If you are interested, send me an email.
Have a nice day.
To see in movement the result it is here :
for a 6 blades :
for a 4 blades :
Note : You don't have to change the hex. Just remove the fixed blades on your JP Pro and replace with our propeller
Lionel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#10523 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I had a question about the game being "too linear". A complaint I've heard a few times about this title.
I understand that their is not much choice for the order of the paddocks, so I can see the path for those being somewhat linear. However, once you are in a paddock, are the park employee movements and the dinosaur movements random or do they always follow the same path?
This game looks great to me but I am not a fan of linear rulesets (eg: Roadshow). Does JP feel like Roadshow in this way or is it more randomized than that?

Employee and Dinos are random.

I think this comes down to how good of a player are you? If you're good, you will get through a lot of this game all the time and it can feel linear. Most games end up feeling the same. If you're not so great a player, you could pick some different things to focus on per game.

I think it's a great game, but it is linear. The game literally ends. With the exception of Chaos and Raptor MB, you can only play everything once. Someone previously stated that it feels more like a board game than pinball, and I agree.

#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I think people can have a first reaction of the game being/looking linear because the main visual is the path to Visitor's Center, but it's really got more to it than that. Like any game, you get out of it what you put into it so if you just focus on taking the same path to the Visitor's Center and not doing T-Rex or Control Room modes then it's going to feel linear. But if you get into it then I think it's a challenging game to shoot and it has enough in it to keep me interested in coming back for more.

You can choose your path to Visitor's Center left or right after each paddock depending on what dinosaurs (and their perks) you want to go after. In each paddock the shots that light for the employee rescues are random. So if you go to a certain paddock one game, then the next time you visit that paddock in a game the rescues won't be lit in the same spot. Also, as you progress through paddocks it takes more rescues to light the trap targets and more/different hits to the trap targets to light the helipad and capture the dinosaur.

Some early dinosaurs move slower and in a pattern with later dinos (as you get closer to Visitor's Center) moving faster and going directly after the employees. In addition to playing paddocks there are sets of T-Rex modes and Control Room modes to play.

I like having depth in the games I have at home. I've had this one since fall 2019 and I haven't gotten bored with it yet on over 12K balls played.

#10525 2 years ago

It doesn't feel like you are locked into a path, but to make the game easier there are certain things you want to do, like time the multiballs while in a mode or modes. I am very inconsistent in my shots though, there are times where I can hit the right paths well, and others where I am flailing and seemingly missing everything. Though it could just be because I didn't pre learn the game, that it just seems like there's more options than there actually is. I don't think it's a simple game with too little to do, or all the fun start right at the start of the game.

#10526 2 years ago

Hello, I just joined the club and this is my first pin. I have a couple of issues I was hoping someone else may have experienced and fixed.

My right ramp that feeds to the upper flipper is bouncing instead of feeding. I've seen some people mention adjusting the wire corkscrew, but I was hoping someone may elaborate a little more on how to actually do that so I don't screw anything up on my first adjustment.

Also, my smart button doesn't seem to work to select the control room modes, is this an easy fix? It glows correctly as far as I know, it just doesn't do anything when pressed.

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Hello, I just joined the club and this is my first pin. I have a couple of issues I was hoping someone else may have experienced and fixed.
My right ramp that feeds to the upper flipper is bouncing instead of feeding. I've seen some people mention adjusting the wire corkscrew, but I was hoping someone may elaborate a little more on how to actually do that so I don't screw anything up on my first adjustment.
Also, my smart button doesn't seem to work to select the control room modes, is this an easy fix? It glows correctly as far as I know, it just doesn't do anything when pressed.

The button should be an easy fix. Take off the lock bar and inspect the button underneath. If it looks ok, you may have to check the leaf switch underneath. Make sure it's screwed down and secure. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to bend up the leaf switch. So it makes contact with the button.

#10528 2 years ago

Power the machine off before messing with the leaf switch

#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

The button should be an easy fix. Take off the lock bar and inspect the button underneath. If it looks ok, you may have to check the leaf switch underneath. Make sure it's screwed down and secure. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to bend up the leaf switch. So it makes contact with the button.

Awesome, that seems like the issue, doesn't look like the first part of the leaf is touching the second?

#10530 2 years ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Having same issue with ramp. Spent 2 hours messing with it yesterday and its now about 50% good, 50 rattle. Any ideas?

#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Having same issue with ramp. Spent 2 hours messing with it yesterday and its now about 50% good, 50 rattle. Any ideas?

I haven't had to adjust my right ramp wire form before, but I'd check to see if the machine is level first, before moving the wire form. Put the machine at 6.8 degree slope and level side to side.

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I haven't had to adjust my right ramp wire form before, but I'd check to see if the machine is level first, before moving the wire form. Put the machine at 6.8 degree slope and level side to side.

Its dead nutz level, a bit over 6.7, it seems to want the ramp pushed down more to work proper , but is now on top of pop bumper. Maybe I need to bend the fingers at end of wireform.

#10533 2 years ago

Hers pics of mine. Maybe you need to raise it.

162165669224930776768 (resized).jpg162165669224930776768 (resized).jpg
#10534 2 years ago
1621656792142474144651 (resized).jpg1621656792142474144651 (resized).jpg
#10535 2 years ago

Looks similar, not home to verify. But in testing, only way it was near perfect was with pressure up at mid point, pushing the tail end down. But with pop cap on, I run out of room. So thinkin I need to bend fingers at end down and inwards

#10536 2 years ago

Thx fr pics, good reference

#10537 2 years ago

How far is this finger from side?

20210521_211838 (resized).jpg20210521_211838 (resized).jpg
#10538 2 years ago

About 3/16. I can't get my ruler in there

#10539 2 years ago
16216576428321918836013 (resized).jpg16216576428321918836013 (resized).jpg
#10540 2 years ago

Ok thx. Will compare Sunday when i get back home. Maybe Saturday nite, I miss JP!!
If you haven't added Tim's code , I highly recommend you do. Its amazing!!!

#10541 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ok thx. Will compare Sunday when i get back home. Maybe Saturday nite, I miss JP!!
If you haven't added Tim's code , I highly recommend you do. Its amazing!!!

I need the link. I'm not sure where to find it

#10542 2 years ago

Screenshot_20210522-050716_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210522-050716_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10543 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Employee and Dinos are random.
I think this comes down to how good of a player are you? If you're good, you will get through a lot of this game all the time and it can feel linear. Most games end up feeling the same. If you're not so great a player, you could pick some different things to focus on per game.
I think it's a great game, but it is linear. The game literally ends. With the exception of Chaos and Raptor MB, you can only play everything once. Someone previously stated that it feels more like a board game than pinball, and I agree.

You can actually play the TREX multiball more than once. After playing Museum Mayhem it gets harder though, you only get a letter each time you hit the Jeep with 2 full turns, so 8 full turns of the Jeep for the second time. I believe it’s unlimited how many times you can play it, the rule sheet just states it will be increasing difficulty each time. I had been having Jeep opto issues again and fixed it so last night I played going for nothing but TREX modes to make sure it worked well and was able to get to museum mayhem as well as a second TREX multiball lit but then drained on my last ball before starting it.

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

About 3/16. I can't get my ruler in there

I had to take ramp off and bend both lower exit point inward about 1/4". Works very good now. Thx for the pictures yesterday..

#10545 2 years ago

And while I'm not near as good a painter as mbwalkers wife, these didn't come out bad at all. Thx Mark, these are a great addition to an excellent pin!!

20210522_192358 (resized).jpg20210522_192358 (resized).jpg20210522_192410 (resized).jpg20210522_192410 (resized).jpg20210522_192414 (resized).jpg20210522_192414 (resized).jpg
#10546 2 years ago

Da-Shaker thank you for the pointer on the button issue, I got that fixed. Thanks as well for the pics on the ramp problem, I will try to follow Hayfarmer 's advice and get that fixed.

#10547 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I need the link. I'm not sure where to find it

You need to PM Tim

#10548 2 years ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

trk12fire thank you for the pointer on the button issue, I got that fixed. Thanks as well for the pics on the ramp problem, I will try to follow Hayfarmer 's advice and get that fixed.

I removed ramp to do it, then used a hollow nut driver to tweak over. Didn't take much

#10549 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I removed ramp to do it, then used a hollow nut driver to tweak over. Didn't take much

Anything special I should know about removing the ramp?

#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Anything special I should know about removing the ramp?

The plate underneath the exit is very tight, kinda pita to get back on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/211?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.