(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,029 posts
  • 1,009 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 528 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B4A57A8-813B-4FE8-98D7-47590DE1CDFE (resized).jpeg
82DC786C-7899-4F2D-A818-D54AA896DEB6 (resized).jpeg
JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8D658887-BB6A-487F-8CA2-22DC8F2AEAFB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
jp_trex_tilt_down (resized).jpg
JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg
IMG_0667-sml (resized).jpg
4ECBF466-D367-4041-BA53-3417ECA3E675 (resized).png
BDC09B3E-70A2-4F5F-B415-9ADFD657D9A3 (resized).jpeg
DNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).png
JP_12 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 261.
#10451 8 months ago

Back in the club for a 2nd time. I'll have to catch up on posts.

#10452 8 months ago

Hello

I finished some mods on my jp.
I also working on a cage but until know I couldn't finish it.
Hope you can get some inspiration.

IMG_20210408_064404.jpgIMG_20210408_212104.jpgIMG_20210408_212908.jpgIMG_20210412_104445.jpgIMG_20210510_165151.jpgIMG_20210510_165259.jpgIMG_20210510_232821_edit_149482384399585.jpg

#10453 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your T Rex looks amazing! Is that resin molded?

#10454 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Sure looks like resin

#10455 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Hello thanks. Yes it is. I have done it on a Photon s with anycubic Gray.

#10456 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello thanks. Yes it is. I have done it on a Photon s with anycubic Gray.

So it’s not resin molded. It’s 3d printed on a UV resin printer. The aviary dome will break. Resin printing does nice details but are too brittle.

#10457 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So it’s not resin molded. It’s 3d printed on a UV resin printer. The aviary dome will break. Resin printing does nice details but are too brittle.

Sry your rigth actual it is only 3 d Printed but the Trex holds nice. If he breaks ( 3 month in use now) Id would be no problem to mold that thing. Also the aviary is not finish this is a pre prototype just to show the Idee. I had to split it up because my printer is too small. And it's still not perfect that's why it looks a little wreck on the Foto.

#10458 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Sry your rigth actual it is only 3 d Printed but the Trex holds nice. If he breaks ( 3 month in use now) Id would be no problem to mold that thing. Also the aviary is not finish this is a pre prototype just to show the Idee. I had to split it up because my printer is too small. And it's still not perfect that's why it looks a little wreck on the Foto.

The Kelant S400 (and S500) have much bigger print plates. I have both the PhotonS and the Kelant S400

#10459 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great looking T-Rex, and the Pteranodon cage is a really interesting concept. Can't wait to see how it comes together. Well done!

This has to be one of the most fun games to mod. So many great marketed mods and so much that can be done personally. Fun stuff. I had my first JP pretty modded up before I sold it, but haven't gotten around to doing much on the playfield of my new one. I should really do that one of these days.

#10460 8 months ago

Well....Mbwalker's wife wouldn't paint mine , so he sent me raw prints. I was bored after work today, so got to work and did my best. These look so cool in person, and better than the flat plastics for sure. I just have to find something to cover the one hole in the left sling plastic left exposed. Maybe a severed arm from my daughter's doll?!
IMG_20210514_182956324 (resized).jpgIMG_20210514_183007336 (resized).jpgIMG_20210514_183011888 (resized).jpg

#10461 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well....Mbwalker's wife wouldn't paint mine , so he sent me raw prints. I was bored after work today, so got to work and did my best. These look so cool in person, and better than the flat plastics for sure. I just have to find something to cover the one hole in the left sling plastic left exposed. Maybe a severed arm from my daughter's doll?!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How are these mounted?

#10462 8 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

How are these mounted?

The left one has a tab molded in on the bottom edge for that screw on the outlane, and they both have a hole in the back that lines up to a mounting hole in the sling plastic from the original plastic dino. I put some of that thick two sided foam tape under each one.

#10463 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The left one has a tab molded in on the bottom edgefor that screw on the outlane, and they both have a hole in the back that lines up to a mounting hole in the sling plastic from the original plastic dino. I put some of that thick two sided foam tape under each one.

Thanks for the fast reply, appreciated

#10464 8 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

How are these mounted?

The raptor on the right uses the two existing screw holes that line up w/the factory plastic flat raptor (that's removed). The t-rex on the left side uses one the original flat plastic t-rex (removed) hole locations, along w/a screw down by the drain.

Still thinking about what to fill the screw hole on the left t-rex side side besides a screw (which would look OK).

#10465 8 months ago

Joined the club today May 3 build. I don't have deep pockets so I sold my EM's to help finance. So far loving it except the right ramp it never feeds the top flipper but rather does a funky bounce coming off the ramp and completely missing the upper flipper.

#10466 8 months ago
Quoted from morseplace:

Joined the club today May 3 build. I don't have deep pockets so I sold my EM's to help finance. So far loving it except the right ramp it never feeds the top flipper but rather does a funky bounce coming off the ramp and completely missing the upper flipper.

I think it's a leveling issue. Mine was good until i started messing with it. Now I get a little bounce, but it's not bad.

#10467 8 months ago
Quoted from morseplace:

Firstly as trk12fire indicated check that the PF is level side-to-side and recommend you start with a pitch of 7 degrees (Keith said that the game was designed with a pitch of 7 degrees, even though the manual states the standard 6.5). Some people have had to adjust the spiral wireform and/or the ball guide that feeds to upper flipper. I get a small bounce off the PF/ballguide but can pretty consistently hit the tower ramp so I've not bothered playing around with it. Anyway I hope this helps.

#10468 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Firstly as trk12fire indicated check that the PF is level side-to-side and recommend you start with a pitch of 7 degrees (Keith said that the game was designed with a pitch of 7 degrees, even though the manual states the standard 6.5). Some people have had to adjust the spiral wireform and/or the ball guide that feeds to upper flipper. I get a small bounce off the PF/ballguide but can pretty consistently hit the tower ramp so I've not bothered playing around with it. Anyway I hope this helps.

I had to adjust the ramp! Working great now...thanks

#10469 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello

...badass. make me one...$$?

#10470 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

...badass. make me one...$$?

I would be able, but because I'm from Switzerland shipping would be very expensive.

#10471 8 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I would be able, but because I'm from Switzerland shipping would be very expensive.

Ok . Great job man. Looks amazing.

#10472 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok . Great job man. Looks amazing.

Thank you. I asked in a German forum but there was not a lot of interest in these mods.
Actuall I saw the fence mod and decided to do my own. Wanted to look more like the orginal in the movie. The Prototype fits good. Now I need to do some more detail work and in the end it gets colored

IMG_20210516_020831.jpgScreenshot_20210516_020958_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_327305992634952.jpg
#10473 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got mine yesterday from mb walker and his wife painted for me!! Good talent in that house. Thx so much, I think they look great. Now, I have to paint the speaker panels you sent , hope I don't embarass myself too bad

20210516_094540 (resized).jpg20210516_094552 (resized).jpg
#10474 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got mine yesterday from mb walker and his wife painted for me!! Good talent in that house. Thx so much, I think they look great. Now, I have to paint the speaker panels you sent , hope I don't embarass myself too bad[quoted image][quoted image]

What the ...... Is it because I'm from NJ?!

#10475 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What the ...... Is it because eim from NJ?!

Haha, I don't know. Maybe he felt sorry for an old farmer like me

#10476 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

No. I heard about what you wanted and sent him a PM. I got my painted ones today and they're gorgeous.

#10477 8 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. I heard about what you wanted and sent him a PM. I got my painted ones today and they're gorgeous.

LMAO!

#10478 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They look like sugar cookies in the bakery!

#10479 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, that's the reason.

What the heck...I'll personally paint some for you if you want because you're from NJ. You're a good guy regardless.

#10480 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got mine yesterday from mb walker and his wife painted for me!! Good talent in that house. Thx so much, I think they look great. Now, I have to paint the speaker panels you sent , hope I don't embarass myself too bad[quoted image][quoted image]

Trying out my 'un' artistic abilities, I think the t-rex eyeball needs to be closer to this size...even if my wifey painted what I sent (hope she doesn't see my comment). Not too shabby for a retired RF electrical engineer that can't match his socks!

#10481 8 months ago

Those look good. I'll have to try and find paint to match
Wonder how one of these would look in trex mouth? Adults are 1 inch. Babies about 1/2

Screenshot_20210516-200947_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#10482 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Those look good. I'll have to try and find paint to match...

Goats: I can maybe print

What I tried for painting the t-rex. Raptor up next:

#10483 8 months ago

Just ordered paint, thx for info

#10484 8 months ago

JP with Pinstadium Neos

KIMG0674 (resized).JPG
#10485 8 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

JP with Pinstadium Neos
[quoted image]

If you like it then great. Personally I don't understand the need for pinstadiums. I think the stock lighting in the game is fine and I think you can certainly overlight a game. Darkness can certainly set the mood in some games.

#10486 8 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you like it then great. Personally I don't understand the need for pinstadiums. I think the stock lighting in the game is fine and I think you can certainly overlight a game. Darkness can certainly set the mood in some games.

Agreed, totally kills the ambiance and atmosphere for me. They may help some older games, but I can't see the benefit at all on any modern pin. To each their own though..

#10487 8 months ago

Just for my interest: how are your two bottom flipper fingers installed: aligned with the inlane guides or lower down to the marked holes in the playfield (as recommended by Keith obviously)?

My experience is that the lower position makes it more difficult to shoot at the spinner in the middle and the T-Rex ramp, so I have them in a middle position between holes and inlane guides.

#10488 8 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

Just for my interest: how are your two bottom flipper fingers installed: aligned with the inlane guides or lower down to the marked holes in the playfield (as recommended by Keith obviously)?
My experience is that the lower position makes it more difficult to shoot at the spinner in the middle and the T-Rex ramp, so I have them in a middle position between holes and inlane guides.

Keith has posted that the flippers were deliberately designed droopy (aka lower than inline with the return lanes) to allow the C and S shots to be hit more easily, which does make backhands much harder or not possible ... I have sometimes made the left ramp from the left flipper. I guess how a machine plays is also based on the pitch of the PF. I have mine set up as per Keith's design with the PF at 7 degrees and droopy flippers (aligned to the flipper markers), it does take a bit to get used to as most other games are in line with the return ball guide but I can hit the spinner consistently from either flipper once I'm dialed into the game.

#10489 8 months ago

Still waiting.....

#10490 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Trying out my 'un' artistic abilities, I think the t-rex eyeball needs to be closer to this size...even if my wifey painted what I sent (hope she doesn't see my comment). Not too shabby for a retired RF electrical engineer that can't match his socks!
[quoted image]

Should be more teeth in this, no? Too much pink gum? But otherwise, not a bad paint job.

#10491 8 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

JP with Pinstadium Neos
[quoted image]

Quoted from seenev:

Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed, totally kills the ambiance and atmosphere for me. They may help some older games, but I can't see the benefit at all on any modern pin. To each their own though..

Not a fan boy of the Pinstadiums but I do have a few sets and there seems to be some misconception..

Just FYI it's not a "ON or OFF" setup. You can dial the brightness to whatever you need. Mine (with HD glass) is set at about 10% brightness. Would a few additional well placed spotlights do? Probably. I had the PS so I installed it. Less of a hassle.

NEO style as well so no striping. It just makes it a little evenly brighter at that setting. My pinball room is totally dark and that's why a few of my games need additional lighting. It definitely doesn't kill the ambience at that low setting but takes away the dark spots/areas. STTNG is another I have Pinstadiums on because of the very dark areas on the game. Once again set as low as possible to just get it bright enough to not have to strain to see the ball.

Without HD glass on JP it was at about 30% to overcome the topper/ceiling reflection on the glass. That was annoyingly too bright but better than having reflections.

Keep in mind that there are folks that think Pinstadiums are too expensive and try to make their own. Homemade pinstadium style lighting tends to not have brightness adjustments and are generally way too bright.

#10492 8 months ago

Agree about the Pinstadiums. If adjusted correctly, they don't detract from the game. I also prefer to not have overhead lights on in my pin area.

I can't speak for everyone, but my home-made stadium lights are controlled with the same app as the factory made versions. Completely adjustable for both white and color.

#10493 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just FYI it's not a "ON or OFF" setup.

Quoted from gorditas:

If adjusted correctly, they don't detract from the game.

So true. Yes some people crank the brightness to 100% and make it so their game can be seen from space, or dial up one color so the whole game looks red or blue or whatever, but that is not the product's fault.

Yes they are kinda expensive, but you really don't need anti-reflective glass if you use them.

#10494 8 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Should be more teeth in this, no? Too much pink gum? But otherwise, not a bad paint job.

I just grabbed the dinos from Thingiverse and mod them to fit the pin. So I'm sorta stuck w/whatever I can find for free.

Still sorting out how to make the pink a little more realistic looking. I think the pink is about the right color, I just need to add some darker colors to make it look like the t-rex just didn't leave the dentist's office. Haven't painted the teeth yet, that's just white plastic primer.

#10495 8 months ago

J

Quoted from mbwalker:

I just grabbed the dinos from Thingiverse and mod them to fit the pin. So I'm sorta stuck w/whatever I can find for free.
Still sorting out how to make the pink a little more realistic looking. I think the pink is about the right color, I just need to add some darker colors to make it look like the t-rex just didn't leave the dentist's office. Haven't painted the teeth yet, that's just white plastic primer.

I think they look awesome. With lights on during play they really look great.

#10496 8 months ago

JP lends itself to the warmer tones of white with Pinstadiums, and I agree, turned way down from 100.
The cool white offsets the warm GI too much.
Still haven't decided if I like them or not yet but you can certainly see the art better and the tower shot is much more visable.

#10497 8 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Still waiting.....

Was just told shipping by Wed!!

#10498 8 months ago
Quoted from morseplace:

I had to adjust the ramp! Working great now...thanks

I'm having the exact same problem. The ball comes down the spiral wireform and when it dumps it, it basically bounces off the ballguide instead of going along it causing it to follow a trajectory away from the flipper. When you say "Ramp" do you mean the right ramp or the right wireform? I would love to know how to fix this.

#10499 8 months ago

Didn’t even make it to VC.... that bonus would have been huge. +500M Raptor tri-ball. Love this game.

Edit: one ‘death save’

3ECE2B6B-92A1-4F28-B323-F4847D4BE1A5 (resized).jpegABB0C69B-C621-4518-AB7C-89EE342EB818 (resized).jpeg

#10500 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not a fan boy of the Pinstadiums but I do have a few sets and there seems to be some misconception..
Just FYI it's not a "ON or OFF" setup. You can dial the brightness to whatever you need. Mine (with HD glass) is set at about 10% brightness. Would a few additional well placed spotlights do? Probably. I had the PS so I installed it. Less of a hassle.
NEO style as well so no striping. It just makes it a little evenly brighter at that setting. My pinball room is totally dark and that's why a few of my games need additional lighting. It definitely doesn't kill the ambience at that low setting but takes away the dark spots/areas. STTNG is another I have Pinstadiums on because of the very dark areas on the game. Once again set as low as possible to just get it bright enough to not have to strain to see the ball.
Without HD glass on JP it was at about 30% to overcome the topper/ceiling reflection on the glass. That was annoyingly too bright but better than having reflections.
Keep in mind that there are folks that think Pinstadiums are too expensive and try to make their own. Homemade pinstadium style lighting tends to not have brightness adjustments and are generally way too bright.

Agreed the picture above isn’t how I’d set it. You can set colors (green’ish in this game) and much dimmer. JP benefited big with properly set PinStadiums, no loss of ambiance and you can very easily track the ball. My game room is dark, so totally necessary, or maybe I’m just blind lol. Big fan. Don’t judge based off that picture. Attached is my machine, maybe set a little bright and I don’t have neos so you can see the light reflection in these photos but not from the player position.

9B839990-E89A-4323-8D05-3B4063989FCB (resized).jpegB1DA2A8F-9C07-4024-80EC-C408C564EC42 (resized).jpeg
There are 13,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 261.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside