(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,282 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 426.
#951 4 years ago

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself

#952 4 years ago

There is a multiball for capturing the Spinosaurus (the last Super Predator Paddock (the center column of paddocks)). That might be what you’re referring to...I believe it’s considered a mini-wizard mode.

I was getting an increasing number of side ramp rejects and then eventually my upper flipper would go limp whenever it got hit by a ball. Turns out the coil stop had completely blown out. Replacing it fixed both issues.

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anyone know what this is? It fell out of my T-Rex ramp, where the ball exits the back board. It doesn't look important, but I don't know.[quoted image]

Looks like the circle that goes on the inside of the cabinet to hide the bolts?

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s a Dino diaphragm

A Dinophragm?

#955 4 years ago

WTF isn't considered a mini wizard mode these days?

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Linky worky finey.

Must be my location.... I’m overseas for a bit.

#957 4 years ago

Didn’t like the Velcro solution, so I fashioned this old bracket. Seems to work well, ball definitely can’t jam in that spot now and you can’t really see it in game.
D84D677C-D374-4839-BC32-54D21480AC44 (resized).jpegD84D677C-D374-4839-BC32-54D21480AC44 (resized).jpeg4FAB1595-8176-45F8-B6CC-EE594288E322 (resized).jpeg4FAB1595-8176-45F8-B6CC-EE594288E322 (resized).jpeg

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Didn’t like the Velcro solution, so I fashioned this old bracket. Seems to work well, ball definitely can’t jam in that spot now and you can’t really see it in game.

I think I would grind that down or put some kind of protection on the edges... looks like it could put some nasty divots in your balls.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think I would grind that down or put some kind of protection on the edges... looks like it could put some nasty divots in your balls.

Agreed, and scratch playfield.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah, think I’m going to smooth it down and maybe coat it with something

#961 4 years ago

After you smooth it , maybe dip the end in some plastic handle type stuff they make for tools etc.
Black would probably be good.

#962 4 years ago

All that being said though, seems like a decent fix for the issue.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

As you can see, all the "silver thingies" (I don't know what they're called but they're there for screws to be input into them) have a little SCREW screwed over them, so that it won't move as much.
[quoted image]

I always used epoxy to hold these 'Tee Nuts' in place. But since you successfully installed a screw over it, then there is clearance beneath the flipper assembly plate. I would recommend epoxy and the screw both! .. (Rough up the bottom of Tee Nut with sand paper first to give the epoxy some bite onto the metal). Also use Loctite - 271 on the post bolt!

6-32%20tee%20nut_2_300x300 (resized).jpg6-32%20tee%20nut_2_300x300 (resized).jpg
loctite--271trade-threadlocker-high-strength-ee079-lg (resized).jpgloctite--271trade-threadlocker-high-strength-ee079-lg (resized).jpg

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I did briefly look at the plunger. I have a green spring as well. Full plunge barely makes it up the 180 ramp. Not very consistent at all.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange.

WTF Stern? Can't even include the correct plunger spring!

Spring tension from lowest to highest: (from pinball life)
------------------------------------------
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Red (10-148-2)

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF Stern? Can't even include the correct plunger spring!

All pinball machines are hand built by (fallible) humans.

Give them a chance to make it right, I'm sure they will.

#966 4 years ago

Just use a piece of soft side Velcro around that bracket. The adhesive on Velcro stays put!

#967 4 years ago

I have that as well where only about half the plunges make the ramp, anyone change the spring yet and if so what color worked the best?
Also I just added some mylar around the post at the 3rd flipper, highly recomend this before it starts to chip, mine has very slightly right where there little hole for flipper alignment is seems to be holding up nicely.
Maiden and this game both have such great and challenging shots, I think Keith is making pins that will challenge even his expert style and I'm all for it. It really makes it much more satisfying when you have a good run.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have that as well where only about half the plunges make the ramp, anyone change the spring yet and if so what color worked the best?
Also I just added some mylar around the post at the 3rd flipper, highly recomend this before it starts to chip, mine has very slightly right where there little hole for flipper alignment is seems to be holding up nicely.
Maiden and this game both have such great and challenging shots, I think Keith is making pins that will challenge even his expert style and I'm all for it. It really makes it much more satisfying when you have a good run.

Please Could I see a pic of the Mylar product you’re using. I have not seen what folks are using. Thanks

#969 4 years ago

You don’t want the plunge to make the ramp. You want to short plunge for the secret skill shots!

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You don’t want the plunge to make the ramp. You want to short plunge for the secret skill shots!

While I agree that the secret skills shots are valuable, they don’t hold a candle to the awesome feeling of hitting that 3rd combo of the standard skill shot. I can’t think of another game that has a skill shot that feels that good.

#971 4 years ago

On the JP at our club the ramp was installed as far towards the ramp as possible and slightly justified to the left. Auto and manual plunge rarely worked. I had to loosen the guide in front of the ramp that holds the front flap, remove the two screws in front and bring the ramp towards the shooter rod, all the way to the front of the cutout to resolve the issue.

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I changed mine to orange, seems perfect now

#973 4 years ago
KIMG1767 (resized).JPGKIMG1767 (resized).JPG
#974 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I changed mine to orange, seems perfect now

I've ordered an orange spring as that's what the manual calls for and the green seems very underpowered. Until it arrives, I guess i deal with it Good to know that fixed the issue

#975 4 years ago

Mine has a green spring and it plunges fine if you want to hard plunge. Soft plunge for secret skill shots are fine too. Guess the springs even though they are supposed to have different tensile and power may vary even within a certain color code.

#976 4 years ago

The right flipper on the JP2 I’ve been playing has DEFINITELY changed since unboxing now. Much lower power and it doesn’t feel as ‘snappy’ as it did a few days ago. The left ramp has gone from an absolutely easy shot to being almost impossible to hit.

Anyone else seeing this? Something as simple as just adjusting the coil power?

We have a little clipboard where we put down issues with the machines that need fixing and I’d like to be as detailed as possible.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Anyone else seeing this? Something as simple as just adjusting the coil power?
We have a little clipboard where we put down issues with the machines that need fixing and I’d like to be as detailed as possible.

You don't need to be detailed if there is a tech reading it; althogh sure write down "Coil Stop bad,?" why not. For sure could be probably is coil stop.
Since it's not a JJP I don't imagine any diff'rence of electrical current from sub stations or sun spots would change anything in the game.
If the flipper cant make the ramp there is something wrong.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't need to be detailed if there is a tech reading it; althogh sure write down "Coil Stop bad,?" why not. For sure could be probably is coil stop.
Since it's not a JJP I don't imagine any diff'rence of electrical current from sub stations or sun spots would change anything in the game.

Cool. Its not that it can’t ever make the ramp... but the shot needs to be downright perfect now. What went from feeling like the easiest shot on the playfield now feels like the hardest by far. Maybe it’s just my brain playing tricks on me lol

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Are there other ones you've found besides these? And do they award something other than just the higher points and similar ball-save added time?

Secret Skill Shots
Short plunge, and shoot the:
- pops standup for 10M + 3 seconds ball save.
- “C” lane for 6M + 3 seconds ball save.
- Right orbit “O” lane for 8M (+ 3 seconds to ball save?)
More??

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually I think it's Houdini that has power issues from the substations, sunspots or the Russian satellites having effects on the machine.

I'd look at those coil stops for flipper issues on J. Park, seems that is the first place to suspect.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Actually I think it's Houdini that has power issues from the substations, sunspots or the Russian satellites having effects on the machine.
I'd look at those coil stops for flipper issues on J. Park, seems that is the first place to suspect.

I ordered some coil stops along with my orange spring, some clear nylon washers, and other assorted "cheap fix items" just to have on hand. Hell, the shipping costs more than the parts do if you order them individually. Like the boy scout motto says "Always be prepared"

#982 4 years ago

anyone hear dates on the LE yet?

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

While I agree that the secret skills shots are valuable, they don’t hold a candle to the awesome feeling of hitting that 3rd combo of the standard skill shot. I can’t think of another game that has a skill shot that feels that good.

I agree. I imagine some more valuable secrets will get into the game, but as of now the 3 combo skill shot is great.

Unfortunately the Raptor Pen ramp is very difficult to hit for me still. I adjusted the upper flipper a little today. When I got it, it wasn't aligned exactly to the center of the whole. Centered it, and sadly didn't seem to have much effect.

Took the plunger apart as well. I think my plunger is either slightly bent, or possible needs to be sanded flush. Definitely feeling some friction. Certainly doesn't plunge as smooth as any of my other pins. I think the orange spring would still get me to the promised land though. Probably going to order one soon.

In code/design thought. While catching some dinos yesterday, a friend pointed out the fact that you don't need to cycle inlanes or top lanes. Really appreciating that fact now. I'm not against that play mechanic, but this is a welcomed change of pace.

#984 4 years ago

Any Airplane fans?
Anytime I have any flipper or pin power issue I think of this scene.
3D2501E2-D31C-4C2E-8BBD-6A7E8FC23332 (resized).jpeg3D2501E2-D31C-4C2E-8BBD-6A7E8FC23332 (resized).jpeg

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone hear dates on the LE yet?

2nd-3rd week sept begin shipping.

#986 4 years ago

Let's go hunting! Starting up a Jurassic Park Pinball Stream - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#987 4 years ago

Love the speaker lights www.speakerlights.com

KIMG1772 (resized).JPGKIMG1772 (resized).JPGKIMG1773 (resized).JPGKIMG1773 (resized).JPG
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Love the speaker lights www.speakerlights.com[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm fired up you got one!

I think a trip to Grass Valley may be in order soon.

Congrats! It's a great game.

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

I'm fired up you got one!
I think a trip to Grass Valley may be in order soon.
Congrats! It's a great game.

Thank you Sir. AFM SE, arrives next week

#990 4 years ago

IMO, I think this game maxed out on FLO. I dare Stern to make a machine with more FLO then JPII. I don't think it's possible on this sized play field. I have hit more combos then I can imagine and it feels like TiTs every time.

#991 4 years ago

thats some crazy 2019 talk right there!

#992 4 years ago

Is there a link to some basic rules? I’m kind of just flailing away. Seems like a fun game, tons of shots. High score so far is about 450 mil.

Reminds me more of Deadpool than maiden in terms of the feel of the game, the sound and the animations.

Don’t want to spam the thread so I’ll just post this once (more detail in the JP mods thread). We’ve developed a few mods for the game, including a helicopter blade (it spins with the helicopter animation on the screen) cracked Dino egg flasher and T-Rex mouth and ramp flasher (which lights when you are supposed to shoot the T-Rex.). Other mods also available and more coming for those interested.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fjurassic-park-pinball-mods

#993 4 years ago

in for premium ! October 5TH is our launch party at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY

jurrassic park (resized).jpgjurrassic park (resized).jpg
#994 4 years ago

Is it true they shut the assembly line down at stern?

#995 4 years ago

Huh?

For labor day maybe?

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

o some basic rules? I’m kind of just flailing away. Seems like a fun game, tons of shots. High score so far is about 450 mil.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Keith also has several posts in that thread with tips.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Love the speaker lights www.speakerlights.com[quoted image][quoted image]

That terrible glare on the playfield glass is what keeps me from using speaker lites.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I tend to doubt it as I received delivery info today for September 9th at the earliest. Assuming that it has shipped as this was from the last mile delivery company.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

in for premium ! October 5TH is our launch party at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY[quoted image]

Only two Canadian launch parties and one of them is in Saskatchewan? Because Saskatchewan is such a booming hub?
Nothing going on in Vancouver or Toronto though? Very odd choice. No offence Saskatchewan.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Quoted from Chalkey:

Huh?
For labor day maybe?

That's the rumor. For the horrible PFs, not labor day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/20?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.