(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,019 posts
  • 1,009 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 528 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82DC786C-7899-4F2D-A818-D54AA896DEB6 (resized).jpeg
JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8D658887-BB6A-487F-8CA2-22DC8F2AEAFB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
jp_trex_tilt_down (resized).jpg
JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg
IMG_0667-sml (resized).jpg
4ECBF466-D367-4041-BA53-3417ECA3E675 (resized).png
BDC09B3E-70A2-4F5F-B415-9ADFD657D9A3 (resized).jpeg
DNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).png
JP_12 (resized).jpg
JP_08 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 261.
#10401 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Redoing the plastic by the drains. Wife needs to add her artistic abilities.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure you could sell those. Once painted, they will be a nice upgrade without trying too hard to be different. Nicely done

#10402 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm pretty sure you could sell those. Once painted, they will be a nice upgrade without trying too hard to be different. Nicely done

Thanks! The wife has all the artistic abilities, not me. And she doesn't want another job (we're both retired).

Like the 3D speaker grills I did awhile ago, I just grabbed files off of Thingiverse and did some mods.

More than happy to share the STL files if anyone wants them for personal use.

#10403 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same here...emailed distributor today..... told me there were picking them up last Friday....

My distributor sent my machine on April 27th from Georgia. Due to a litany of problems with UPS Freight being sold to TForceFreight this year, the machine sat in Atlanta for a few days, then got put onto the wrong truck back up to Illinois ("JP Phone Home") instead of Dallas, and once it got to Illinois it sat there for a few days since it wasn't supposed to be in that warehouse. It travelled for 10 days and 1500 miles just to be sitting down the street from Stern's factory again!!!!

Today I see it seems to have been loaded correctly into a truck going "west"... I can only image where it will land next! LOL

#10404 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

My distributor sent my machine on April 27th from Georgia. Due to a litany of problems with UPS Freight being sold to TForceFreight this year, the machine sat in Atlanta for a few days, then got put onto the wrong truck back up to Illinois ("JP Phone Home") instead of Dallas, and once it got to Illinois it sat there for a few days since it wasn't supposed to be in that warehouse. It travelled for 10 days and 1500 miles just to be sitting down the street from Stern's factory again!!!!
Today I see it seems to have been loaded correctly into a truck going "west"... I can only image where it will land next! LOL

Mine just emailed me....will ship no later then the 18th......

#10405 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! The wife has all the artistic abilities, not me. And she doesn't want another job (we're both retired).
Like the 3D speaker grills I did awhile ago, I just grabbed files off of Thingiverse and did some mods.
More than happy to share the STL files if anyone wants them for personal use.

I'm Waaaaay too lazy!

#10406 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm Waaaaay too lazy!

LOL. Me too. I just hit the 'print' button on the printer.

#10407 8 months ago

Hi everybody,
I have made special inserts for the bumper on Pro like on Premium.
Send me a message if you are interested.
Have a nice day.
Lionel.

IMG_9813_edited (resized).jpgIMG_9814_edited (resized).jpgIMG_9815_edited (resized).jpgIMG_9816_edited (resized).jpg
#10408 8 months ago

I have a love hate relation with my JP. It hink it looks awesome, mechs are great, code seems great, theme is really good. But.....I just cant get the shots. I hear all kinds of people saying this is the greatest, but when it does not shoot well. Any others have this issue? I tried all kinds of playfield angles, other rubbers, other flipper power, I just reach 2 maybe 3 paddock. Only once made it to VC. Getting frustrated.

#10409 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have a love hate relation with my JP. It hink it looks awesome, mechs are great, code seems great, theme is really good. But.....I just cant get the shots. I hear all kinds of people saying this is the greatest, but when it does not shoot well. Any others have this issue? I tried all kinds of playfield angles, other rubbers, other flipper power, I just reach 2 maybe 3 paddock. Only once made it to VC. Getting frustrated.

I feel exactly as you feel. Maybe we should compare build dates…. I’m puzzled

#10410 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That’s about as good as I normally do on this game as well. I think it’s just a tough game. The accuracy needed is much higher than many other games.
When you say it doesn’t shoot well, is that because shots are being rejected or do you feel they are too tight, or something else?

#10411 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That’s about as good as I normally do on this game as well. I think it’s just a tough game. The accuracy needed is much higher than many other games.
When you say it doesn’t shoot well, is that because shots are being rejected or do you feel they are too tight, or something else?

I can't figure out exactly what it is. Shots are just not making it. Half ramps, hard to shoot. I understand the 'o' shot to be hard. But the ramps are also difficult. It just does not flow.

#10412 8 months ago

Is Stern doing another topper run for the current run of machines? The topper is not a limited number like Star Wars R2D2 Topper.

#10413 8 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Same!
I an going to spend some time trying to dial it in better.
Definitely a tough shooter... like Houdini.

#10414 8 months ago

I started making some adjustments, notices that all posts are very loose. Espacially the upper flipper one, even bit bended. Thta one is hard to reach from below. Also adjusted the helicopter ramp so that the blades do not hit the ramp. Waxed the playfield, thightened all screws. Going to play it a lot now.

#10415 8 months ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Is Stern doing another topper run for the current run of machines? The topper is not a limited number like Star Wars R2D2 Topper.

JJ at game exchange of Colorado told me it’ll be a few months but they are running them again

#10416 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I started making some adjustments, notices that all posts are very loose. Espacially the upper flipper one, even bit bended. Thta one is hard to reach from below. Also adjusted the helicopter ramp so that the blades do not hit the ramp. Waxed the playfield, thightened all screws. Going to play it a lot now.

Have you tried lowering the flipper power? I read that tip a long time ago to set it to 245, (someone correct me if im wrong) I know its 10 less the default. Anyways, that has helped a lot, I was getting flying balls before the change and since then it feels like it plays as intended.

#10417 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I suspect the solder joints on the opto boards in T-Rex's mouth - people have had this issue previously.
Take T-Rex out completely and remove her "skin" to get to the electronics - the emitter is in the lower jaw, see if you can see the emitter working

I finally found time to fiddle with my problem. I can see the lower emitter working. But in switch test, the strange thing is: as soon as i raise the head slightly the opto is registring. If I put him back in the playing position I can not get it to work. It seems like a loose contact. But there is no way I can get it to work in playing position even if I fiddle with the wires. The solder points looked good and i measured a connection with my multimeter.

Anyone had the same? Should I resolder anyway? I somehow suspect a cable to be the culprit but it's so strange i can't get it to register in playing position even with pulling wires and moving them.

#10418 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

When the ball is transitioning from the ball guide to the flipper is it rolling smoothly or is it hopping a bit away from the face of the flipper? If there's hop then that can make it difficult to consistently hit shots and flipper hop is an issue on this game both at the lower left and upper right flippers. If you don't have any flipper hop then just keep working with both higher and lower flipper powers and different pitch. Also, I slightly drooped my lower flippers below the designed setting to make the helipad and Control Room shots a hair easier to make. This game was a tough one for me to get the shots dialed in. Took many, many months but once it happens it's amazing.

#10419 8 months ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Have you tried lowering the flipper power? I read that tip a long time ago to set it to 245, (someone correct me if im wrong) I know its 10 less the default. Anyways, that has helped a lot, I was getting flying balls before the change and since then it feels like it plays as intended.

Just got my game NIB two days ago and the flippers seem SUPER strong! So strong when I het T-rex ramp its going so fast it must be riding high on the loop back to the playfield and it doesn't register the switch! How do you lower the power to the flips?

#10420 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Quoted from Green-Machine:

Quoted from tominator:

Same!
I an going to spend some time trying to dial it in better.
Definitely a tough shooter... like Houdini.

Ahem..... 5 balls per game.
Adjust the guides that feed the flippers.
Adjust the shooter lane.
Adjust the screw on the ramp shot.
Test your switches and adjust as necessary.
Go back to real rubber on the flippers (if you changed to poly or silicone).

#10421 8 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Adjust the shooter lane.

Thanks ToM I did put silicone on my flipperszzz I guess I’ll revert. Haven’t went to 5 ball either…..baby steps

#10422 8 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Adjust the shooter lane.

good advice. I'll add to move the outlane posts down to close it a bit.
Also install 'easy' mode. and practice the Pteranodon ramp over and over to guarantee extra ball every game. Try and visualize exactly where on the flipper the ball is when you make the ramp shot from a cradle starting position. Practice shooting, not scoring, it'll come.

#10423 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I can't figure out exactly what it is. Shots are just not making it. Half ramps, hard to shoot. I understand the 'o' shot to be hard. But the ramps are also difficult. It just does not flow.

My LE has played well over the journey and I could make all the shots (when I'm dialed in), however my left ramp is now become extremely hard to make, so it kills progressing throw the paddocks and often will result in a STDM drain. I need to find some time to do more work on this issue - I have previously replaced coil stops but worth checking again, I was running lower flipper power but bumped it up a bit to see if that improved things (only marginal improvement), also tried raising the front of the ramp (based on a post I read) - I must admit it is frustrating and you lose the enjoyment of that machine if it's not shooting well.

#10424 8 months ago

Hi everybody,

We build blades of helicopter for Pro. Here it is the link on my Youtube chanel to see the movement. We build a 4 and a 6 blades models depending what you prefer. We can make the color you want. If you are interested, send me an email.
Have a nice day.

To see in movement the result it is here :
for a 6 blades :

for a 4 blades :

Note : You don't have to change the hex. Just remove the fixed blades on your JP Pro and replace with our propeller

Lionel.

IMG_9809 (resized).JPGIMG_9817 (resized).JPGIMG_9819 (resized).JPGIMG_9822 (resized).JPG
#10425 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Redoing the plastic by the drains. Wife needs to add her artistic abilities.

Quoted from yzfguy:

#10426 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

Absolutely awesome!!!

#10427 8 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Adjust the shooter lane.

I haven't had a problem with Titan flipper rubber.

20210508_210748 (resized).jpg
#10428 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I haven't had a problem with Titan flipper rubber.[quoted image]

Your game is very nice lookin, love the blue look. My prem shows up nx week hopefully , did you change gi lighting to get this effect? Most ive seen are more green ..

#10429 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Your game is very nice lookin, love the blue look. My prem shows up nx week hopefully , did you change gi lighting to get this effect? Most ive seen are more green ..

I think he has PinStadiums installed.

#10430 8 months ago

I thought maybe so, but dont see them. Sure is pretty,,,

#10431 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought maybe so, but dont see them. Sure is pretty,,,

You can definitely see the Pinstadium striping down both sides very clearly if you know what you're looking at.

#10432 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I think he has PinStadiums installed.

I made those stadium lights myself. I have rare earth magnets routed into the side of the cabinet. They are hidden by the mirror blades. Then another set of rare earth magnets inside the aluminum angle pieces that I painted black. They snap on and off with authority. I far prefer my lights to the commercially available versions when it comes time for maintenance. I can unplug each light bar and completely remove them. On my other machine, I have to tie them to wireforms to keep them from flopping around.I tried the whole color spectrum, and settled on blue and warm white.

#10433 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I made those stadium lights myself. I have rare earth magnets routed into the side of the cabinet. They are hidden by the mirror blades. Then another set of rare earth magnets inside the aluminum angle pieces that I painted black. They snap on and off with authority. I far prefer my lights to the commercially available versions when it comes time for maintenance. I can unplug each light bar and completely remove them. On my other machine, I have to tie them to wireforms to keep them from flopping around.I tried the whole color spectrum, and settled on blue and warm white.

The blue tint along w/the mirror blades looks really sharp.

#10434 8 months ago

Hayfarmer This is a photo of my machine with Pinstadium brand lights. You can see how much wider the blades are. This machine is adjusted much more green.

20210508_223804 (resized).jpg
#10435 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You can definitely see the Pinstadium striping down both sides very clearly if you know what you're pretty

You can definitely see the Pinstadium striping down both sides very clearly if you know what you're looking at.

Well, I guess we both don't know what we are looking at. Very nice home made lighting he did.

#10436 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Very nice clean job!!

#10437 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Hayfarmer This is a photo of my machine with Pinstadium brand lights. You can see how much wider the blades are. This machine is adjusted much more green.
[quoted image]

Munsters is one pin that really benefits from PinStadiums (or a DIY version). Very dim PF if played w/the lights down. Can barely see the ball at times.

#10438 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, I guess we both don't know what we are looking at. Very nice home made lighting he did.

Net effect is the same. But yes sounds like a cleaner solution although requires cabinet modifications.

#10439 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Net effect is the same. But yes sounds like a cleaner solution although requires cabinet modifications.

Agreed. It just looked a bit diff than the few pinstadiums I've seen, which is not many. The blue looks so good. May have to do something similar.

#10440 8 months ago
Quoted from lionelpo91:

Hi everybody,
We build blades of helicopter for Pro. Here it is the link on my Youtube chanel to see the movement. We build a 4 and a 6 blades models depending what you prefer. We can make the color you want. If you are interested, send me an email.
Have a nice day.
for a 6 blades :
for a 4 blades :
Note : You don't have to change the hex. Just remove the fixed blades on your JP Pro and replace with our propeller
Lionel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look great! Way better than my mezel mods version with hot glued thin wire (paper clips?) that I have to adjust all the time...

#10441 8 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

These look great! Way better than my mezel mods version with hot glued thin wire (paper clips?) that I have to adjust all the time...

Most of their mods I've had in my games haven’t been good quality.

#10442 8 months ago
Quoted from lionelpo91:

Hi everybody,
Have a nice day.
for a 6 blades :
for a 4 blades :
Lionel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would test these extensively if I were you. We were selling a similar set when the game came out and some people had issues. Things like the screw that holds the blades coming off (we used a bearing to get them to spin) and the blade itself breaking near the mount. We were able to address the issues, but decided it wasn’t worth the headache so stopped selling them. Looking at your design, it looks thin where the blade meets the base of the mount so that could be a weak point. I don’t want to deter you because the idea is a cool one, just be prepared that people play these games hard and this type of mod takes a beating so test, test and test again!

#10443 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What version of the mirror blades did you use? The real mirror ones or the polished metal version?

#10444 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

What version of the mirror blades did you use? The real mirror ones or the polished metal version?

They are polished metal. I've been very happy with them.

#10445 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What lights did you use for that blue? I love the look, i was going to try and get more of a blue theme on mine when it comes in to match the alternate translite i bought.

#10446 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Still need to clearcoat, just wanted to eyeball them.

#10447 8 months ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

What lights did you use for that blue? I love the look, i was going to try and get more of a blue theme on mine when it comes in to match the alternate translite i bought.

I used these:
amazon.com link »

There is a whole thread on making your own stadium lights. I looked for the best ideas and implemented them. If you have a mechanical mind and understand electronics, it isn't bad. If you need step by step photos of a ready to install system, this probably isn't for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#10448 8 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Still need to clearcoat, just wanted to eyeball them.
[quoted image]

C'mon... Tell the wife to paint up a set for Yzfguy They look cool!

#10449 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

JJ at game exchange of Colorado told me it’ll be a few months but they are running them again

I was told this month.

#10450 8 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was told this month.

Mine said getting Friday....ship by the 18th... can only hope

There are 13,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 261.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside