(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 424.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

About your first question:
Yes I opened the code with Pinball Browser and don't notice the noise during the Main Theme trough my PC speakers, and i listen it at a loud volume.
Second question:
I already did that, i checked each speaker individually, the noise is present in each speakers, i even changed the cabinet speaker.
I saw you have a Premium too, can you listen the Main Theme in the Test menu (Diag-Speakers-Main Theme number 1) and tell me if you hear something like my video?

I just got my JP Prem and I can hear the same 8-bit sound once the horns come in during the Main Theme. Also I can hear it on Diag Sound #183 (another horn instrument sound). Like you said, maybe it's when a certain frequency is hit there is a slight resonance, kind of like what happens on a guitar with certain notes. I am not sure this is a sound issue but rather just a frequency thing. It's hardly noticeably but it's definitely there...so you are not crazy .

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

My very similar issue with GI LEFT (not RIGHT like yours) was probably the most difficult thing to solve for me to date in my pin-life. There's a separate thread specific to this that I posted a bunch in along the way to resolution. My issue came down to a tiny tiny fray of a wire lurking inside one of the GI's bulb sockets. Here's my keypost where I think I go through start to finish as to the troubleshooting and resolution. However you may find even more information in that thread itself from other folks: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple/page/2#post-6071057
Hope this helps! If you are still under warranty, I would agree that you leverage support. Unfortunately my issue occurred post-warranty.

I had a similar problem on my Star Wars a couple years ago..It was my first pin and took months to find. Woundup being a super small metal wire fray in one of the sockets - same issue. Luckily, mine was near the flipper mech and would come and go, so I could isolate the GI's.

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I just got my JP Prem and I can hear the same 8-bit sound once the horns come in during the Main Theme. Also I can hear it on Diag Sound #183 (another horn instrument sound). Like you said, maybe it's when a certain frequency is hit there is a slight resonance, kind of like what happens on a guitar with certain notes. I am not sure this is a sound issue but rather just a frequency thing. It's hardly noticeably but it's definitely there...so you are not crazy .

Thanks !

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had a similar problem on my Star Wars a couple years ago..It was my first pin and took months to find. Woundup being a super small metal wire fray in one of the sockets - same issue. Luckily, mine was near the flipper mech and would come and go, so I could isolate the GI's.

It's not a physical issue, the noise comes from the speakers.

#10355 2 years ago

For information, Stern engineering is looking at it now (i contacted Technical Support).

#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

For information, Stern engineering is looking at it now (i contacted Technical Support).

Cool, let us know what you find out. Thanks!!

#10357 2 years ago

I've noticed the attract mode credits music has a better mix/ softer natural sound compared to the DJ mix which sounds "tinny". Maybe just me.

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

It's not a physical issue, the noise comes from the speakers.

fooflighter was replying on an issue timlah79 had regarding a short in one of the GI light strings, not your speaker issue

#10359 2 years ago

I readed it too quickly, sorry.

#10360 2 years ago

Looking for a JP Prem... have a TNA for trade!

#10361 2 years ago

I give up. I've been trying to install the Cliff protectors for a while now. The left shooter protector has me stumped. I know you have to tap out the screws from the underside, but the top one can't come all the way out because of the guide rail. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to loosen or shift that guard rail enough for me to lift that screw out (and eventually get it back in).

Also, noticed this when putting on my Tower ramp. Any thoughts on what to do about this?
20210501_233937 (resized).jpg20210501_233937 (resized).jpg

#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I give up. I've been trying to install the Cliff protectors for a while now. The left shooter protector has me stumped. I know you have to tap out the screws from the underside, but the top one can't come all the way out because of the guide rail. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to loosen or shift that guard rail enough for me to lift that screw out (and eventually get it back in).
Also, noticed this when putting on my Tower ramp. Any thoughts on what to do about this?
[quoted image]

I just put mine on and it went fine. It took a little leverage on the ball guide to get it up above the surface of the PF but it wasn't horrible or anything.

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just put mine on and it went fine. It took a little leverage on the ball guide to get it up above the surface of the PF but it wasn't horrible or anything.

I feel like my guide is pretty stiff and doesn't want to budge at all. Makes me nervous putting that much tension on it

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

[quoted image]

If you really give up on the left side installation of the Cliffy shooter lane set, you can always order only the LEFT side of the lane protector from PBL, which applies with double-sided tape. I used it on my first Jurassic Park to save some time the day it was delivered (and was going to go back to put CLiffy's left side in, but never really needed to!)

Take a look: https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-spike-shooter-lane-protector.html

#10365 2 years ago

Is there any way to loosen up that rail? I'm putting ALOT of pressure on it and it won't even bend at all. I'm not a small or weak guy either. It's there a way to lift it some? Get that little peg that's a bit further back out some? Anything to add some mobility?

20210502_153135 (resized).jpg20210502_153135 (resized).jpg20210502_153206 (resized).jpg20210502_153206 (resized).jpg

Well F me...
In my efforts to install something to protect the playfield I damaged the playfield. I tried bending back the guide rail with a pair of pliers to make room. It bent, but I didn't realize it was dragging the surface of the playfield with. So now the area is "bubbled" up. I guess if I manage to ever get this stupid thing on, it will cover and hold it down? Should I do anything else to protect it? But now that his real is so tight to the surface that, even with the screw out, I can't get the protector under the rail. There is no way this should be this hard.

20210502_160418 (resized).jpg20210502_160418 (resized).jpg
#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

[quoted image]

Just get one of these: https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347500129

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10367 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Is there any way to loosen up that rail? I'm putting ALOT of pressure on it and it won't even bend at all. I'm not a small or weak guy either. It's there a way to lift it some? Get that little peg that's a bit further back out some? Anything to add some mobility?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, all of the ball guides have attachments under the pf or on top attached to other hardware. Just follow it back and unscrew the nut holding it down Not much different then unscrewing the PF support rail to get the right side on.

#10368 2 years ago

And now I feel like a moron. I decided to remove the post that is in the outlane to make sure I had as much room as possible. And then realized that the screw that has a nut on it down below holds the guide and not the post. I kept looking for something next to that screw since I thought it was holding the post in, but the post screws directly into the playfield. Great.... and I damaged my playfield because of it.

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

And now I feel like a moron. I decided to remove the post that is in the outlane to make sure I had as much room as possible. And then realized that the screw that has a nut on it down below holds the guide and not the post. I kept looking for something next to that screw since I thought it was holding the post in, but the post screws directly into the playfield. Great.... and I damaged my playfield because of it.

I've done worse to a pin when I was new to the hoby, don't beat yourself up too bad about it. Just remember that it all started as a blank piece of wood so everything comes off by some form or fashion if you need to get to something. It'll be covered by the cliffy anyway right?

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

... It'll be covered by the cliffy anyway right?

Isn't that area under the apron?

#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Isn't that area under the apron?

Both are true. It's like getting the first dent in your new car though...

#10372 2 years ago

Hi guys,
Anyone here that put mirror blades is in his JP?
I would like to see some pictures of it before ordering a pair.
Thanks already for the answers.

#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi guys,
Anyone here that put mirror blades is in his JP?
I would like to see some pictures of it before ordering a pair.
Thanks already for the answers.

I got 'em and I love them. I'm not home to take specific pics of the blades, but found this on my phone.

IMG_20201011_172116227 (resized).jpgIMG_20201011_172116227 (resized).jpg
#10374 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

And now I feel like a moron.

No reason to feel bad, you figured out your issue and now you can move on!

#10375 2 years ago

Mine is on order for May delivery. Any word on when they’re going on the line, or if they are delayed?

#10376 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Mine is on order for May delivery. Any word on when they’re going on the line, or if they are delayed?

They've been showing up recently. Mine was an April 16 build date and I got it a couple days later.
Interestingly, down by the "Jaws " sticker, there's an Oct 2020 date which is when I assume the playfield was built?

#10377 2 years ago

Anyone changed the stock warm white leds for cool white? I really don't like the warm white leds...

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Anyone changed the stock warm white leds for cool white? I really don't like the warm white leds...

It's been discussed in one of the 2 JP threads. If I remember the consensus it was that the warm pf colors (green, brown, etc) don't look as good with cool white LEDs. Just search the 2 threads. There are pictures.

#10379 2 years ago

About to join the JP club. Got a Premium due any day. What do you do while waiting for delivery? Buy mods, of course. Contemplating upgrading the JP sound system with Pinwoofer kit.

Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the JP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?

Thanks in advance.

#10380 2 years ago

I just purchased a 10” powered sub that really fills out the soundstage. I used alligator clips from the existing cabinet woofer, and ran the wires to the high-level input. There are a few benefits to this approach:
1. Easily removable when you sell.
2. It can be shared between two games! I also have a JJP GNR hooked up to the same sub.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SUB-1000-10-100-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer-300-628

Quoted from Goyomex:

About to join the JP club. Got a Premium due any day. What do you do while waiting for delivery? Buy mods, of course. Contemplating upgrading the JP sound system with Pinwoofer kit.
Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the JP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?
Thanks in advance.

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I just purchased a 10” powered sub that really fills out the soundstage. I used alligator clips from the existing cabinet woofer, and ran the wires to the high-level input. There are a few benefits to this approach:
1. Easily removable when you sell.
2. It can be shared between two games! I also have a JJP GNR hooked up to the same sub.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SUB-1000-10-100-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer-300-628

I've done it exactly that way for the last 15 years. Works perfect.

#10382 2 years ago

Hey so qq my amber shooter rod has a recoil
After being pulled and bounces a few times is this normal? I’m assuming yes but just being extra cautious.

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks in advance.

I have been buying mods etc since Oct..... any day now....Pin Stadiums ( sale)... Trex ( shipping soon) signs...amber shooter... etc...etc...

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have been buying mods etc since Oct..... any day now....Pin Stadiums ( sale)... Trex ( shipping soon) signs...amber shooter... etc...etc...

Lol, yep! Sounds like you've got the full package! That T-Rex from Lior is incredible looking. Any idea on the estimated backorder delivery time?

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Hey so qq my amber shooter rod has a recoil
After being pulled and bounces a few times is this normal? I’m assuming yes but just being extra cautious.

Yes, The amber rod has a tighter spring and more mass so the extra energy has to dissipate somehow.

#10386 2 years ago

I fired up my JP pro yesterday, and I'm wondering if the jeep is working as intended. When I played it in the past, a hit to the newton ball that did not rotate the jeep to the other side would register a hit, and build the TREX letters. Now it seems that I only get a letter when I hit the ball, and the jeep does a full rotation. Which way is it supposed to work?

#10387 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

I fired up my JP pro yesterday, and I'm wondering if the jeep is working as intended. When I played it in the past, a hit to the newton ball that did not rotate the jeep to the other side would register a hit, and build the TREX letters. Now it seems that I only get a letter when I hit the ball, and the jeep does a full rotation. Which way is it supposed to work?

I'm pretty sure it depends on how deep into the game you are. If memory serves (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the first couple modes you can get away with a light hit, but the later ones require a full rotation to award the shot.

If that isn't your problem and it is now requiring a full rotation all the time, I would take a look at the switches that register the position and make sure they are both working correctly. If one died, I could see the game needing a full rotation to know the Jeep moved at all.

#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

The TILT Forums rulesheet says that "TR" can be collected by hitting the newton ball, but "EX" must have a full swing of the truck. BUT, this is adjustable, so you could look at the game adjustments for the relevant one and see what it's set to.

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The TILT Forums rulesheet says that "TR" can be collected by hitting the newton ball, but "EX" must have a full swing of the truck. BUT, this is adjustable, so you could look at the game adjustments for the relevant one and see what it's set to.

Ahhh...that is probably what I was thinking of. I knew there were times when a partial worked, and times a full was required. I should have double checked the rulesheet before posting. Thanks!

#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ahhh...that is probably what I was thinking of. I knew there were times when a partial worked, and times a full was required. I should have double checked the rulesheet before posting. Thanks!

No you are correct.
The first 2 TREX spellings are achieved with only lights hits to collect a letter. The second 2 spellings (and MM) require a full swing to collect a letter.

#10391 2 years ago

I think this is a scam: Website, Zendohyd is selling the Stern Jurassic Park Topper for $96.16 shipped!! This is what the site lists: Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper IN STOCK READY TO SHIP! 502-7111-00

Sent and email inquiry to them and no reply.

#10392 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I think this is a scam: Website, Zendohyd is selling the Stern Jurassic Park Topper for $96.16 shipped!! This is what the site lists: Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper IN STOCK READY TO SHIP! 502-7111-00

Gee, do ya think?!

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Decimal is in the wrong spot $961.60

#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Decimal is in the wrong spot $961.60

No he’s right. It’s a cardboard cutout version

#10395 2 years ago

Anybody have a list of descriptions for all the game adjustments? Back in the old days (2008) the manual described everything! Now it says nothing and JP Premium has 200+ adjustments.

Some are obvious, many are NOT!

Anybody have a list?

-Rob

#10396 2 years ago

Sounds like a new wave of pros going out - just received word that the one I've been waiting on is shipping out from Chicago today.

#10397 2 years ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Anybody have a list of descriptions for all the game adjustments? Back in the old days (2008) the manual described everything! Now it says nothing and JP Premium has 200+ adjustments.
Some are obvious, many are NOT!
Anybody have a list?
-Rob

I ask Stern if they had one, they said they only have the standard adjustment settings and do not have anything on feature adjustment’s. They indicated that they are currently working on getting the feature adjustment’s added in the near future ... this was over a year ago so not holding my breath. I had considered making one myself but haven't got around to it. Would definitely be nice to have

#10398 2 years ago

Still waiting for my premium....

#10399 2 years ago

Redoing the plastic by the drains. Wife needs to add her artistic abilities.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Still waiting for my premium....

Same here...emailed distributor today..... told me there were picking them up last Friday....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.