(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 424.
#10251 2 years ago

I won the side armor in a raffle. Cost me $12 for raffle entry.

Money well spent and photos are posted for anyone contemplating them and they can decide for themself whether to spend full price. The red background in the armor is very much visible in person. It is not dark like the photos show.

#10252 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yea looks great....but when you slide the game back in...?? How much...????

Think $259

#10253 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The simplest way would be for you to solder wires from the existing LED strip to the new LED strip that you have running around the backbox. Neg to Neg, Pos to Pos. Would take 5 mines with a soldering iron and some wiring.
If you don't have any spare wiring, I would recommend a roll of this
amazon.com link »

One thing I would be cautious about is overloading the transistor or FET used to turn the lights on with a bunch of extra LEDs.

Not saying he couldn't do it, just don't know the limitations, that's all.

#10254 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Me too. Came close a few times though. Right below it.

If you really want to reach visitors center you have to prioritize it and not worry about other modes or keeping your rescue streak going. When I first got the game I had trouble getting there but could get to secure control room and museum mayhem. Since then I’ve gotten there a lot, even gotten there on ball 1 several times and find it easier to get to Visitors Center then the other two mini wizard modes. The trick is stay on the left side of the map, don’t worry about rescues that are harder shots, and make sure you always start a paddock before you start a multiball. While in multiball ignore the jackpot shots and only go for rescues and trapping and catching the dinosaur. Catch the first dinosaur without multiball then use the multiballs to catch the other dinosaurs. Also remember you don’t have to catch a dinosaur to get to visitors center!!! If you keep playing and don’t catch it they will eventually escape and you can move on in the map anyway. It’s a fun mini wizard to get to but if you are playing for score I find I do much better focusing on stacking T. rex or control room modes with a multiball and mostly progressing through the map only because hitting those mode shots will also get rescues occasionally.

#10255 2 years ago

Hey everyone - just got my JP premium today and played about 10 or so games. Haven’t gotten the T Rex to eat the ball yet. The game prompts me to hit the T. rex ramp but it seems like the T. rex is missing the ball or something. Any advice or experience with this? Thanks everyone.

#10256 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I won the side armor in a raffle. Cost me $12 for raffle entry.
Money well spent and photos are posted for anyone contemplating them and they can decide for themself whether to spend full price. The red background in the armor is very much visible in person. It is not dark like the photos show.

Heck, I'd give you $15 for them (each) - more than double your money.

Seriously, I like them, but I just don't $250 + shipping like them.

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Heck, I'd give you $15 for them (each) - more than double your money.
Seriously, I like them, but I just don't $250 + shipping like them.

I wouldn't buy any side armor for any game. Waste of money in my opinion.

Here's hoping I win the raffle tonight for a Medieval Madness topper.

#10258 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

One thing I would be cautious about is overloading the transistor or FET used to turn the lights on with a bunch of extra LEDs.
Not saying he couldn't do it, just don't know the limitations, that's all.

I decided to just hook the machine into a smart outlet and then keep the power switch flipped on. This prevents power from going to the service outlet (where the leds are plugged in) when its turned off but when I say “Google, turn on Jurassic Park” it gives power to the machine, thus turning it on along with the leds at the same time. Then I just dimmed the backbox GI to 0% so it doesn't drain out the cool white light.

#10259 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Where are you finding all these raffles?

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Where are you finding all these raffles?

Funny, he might not want to decrease his odds by letting all of us know.

#10261 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nah, it's a Facebook group and all 69 spots are filled every time to coincide with powerball drawing. If anything, you'd be helping fill the spots quicker

#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There are only 69 spots, so it's always the same odds depending on how many tickets you buy.

#10263 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Hey everyone - just got my JP premium today and played about 10 or so games. Haven’t gotten the T Rex to eat the ball yet. The game prompts me to hit the T. rex ramp but it seems like the T. rex is missing the ball or something. Any advice or experience with this? Thanks everyone.

Lots of past discussion about this in both this thread and the premium/LE thread. 2 main club threads for this game. Here's a link to the other one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/138#post-6236579

If you can post some video or describe what seems to be happening on the missed catches then people might be able to give ideas on things to try. I'd also suggest looking at the topic index key posts (links in blue at the top of each page in each thread) for ideas.

#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I decided to just hook the machine into a smart outlet and then keep the power switch flipped on. This prevents power from going to the service outlet (where the leds are plugged in) when its turned off but when I say “Google, turn on Jurassic Park” it gives power to the machine, thus turning it on along with the leds at the same time. Then I just dimmed the backbox GI to 0% so it doesn't drain out the cool white light.

Good deal. I'm surprised it wasn't "Welcome to Jurassic Park!"

#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Good deal. I'm surprised it wasn't "Welcome to Jurassic Park!"

I thought about doing that, but went with “TAKE ME to Jurassic Park”. Problem is when you tell google “take me” it brings you to a page or video about the subject so it kept bringing me to JP youtube videos haha. Might change it again down the road but for now ill keep the phrase turn on for simplicity.

#10266 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What Raffle? can you send a link? I won't bid on the MMtopper, promise.

#10267 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for a JP pro, if you have one for sale around SE WI area. within 4 hrs drive.

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a friend looking for a JP pro, if you have one for sale around SE WI area. within 4 hrs drive.

Cool people get downvoted. Nerds do the downvoting.

#10269 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now I’m depressed. I’ve had mine for over a year and I haven’t been to the VC yet. I need to play better! And avoid the T-Rex paddock.

Me too!! I’ve put about 3000 games on mine, yet to make Visitors Centre and yet to get to King of the Island. I’ve added an extra Replay which is getting me closer.

#10270 2 years ago

Parkshow30 I followed your advice, and on the very first game, I had VC flashing for the first time ever! I drained before I could start it, but now I know it’s possible. I was helped a lot by 2 smart missiles where I wisely picked “Finish Paddock”. Also, it may be the first time I hit 2 smart missiles in 1 game.

#10271 2 years ago

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

This idea is great; I need to check my TP link outlets to see if the load stats can accommodate a pinball machine! I already use IFTTT on "Let's Play Pinball" to trigger lights and have Google respond with "Welcome to... Jurassic Park".

#10273 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Parkshow30 I followed your advice, and on the very first game, I had VC flashing for the first time ever! I drained before I could start it, but now I know it’s possible. I was helped a lot by 2 smart missiles where I wisely picked “Finish Paddock”. Also, it may be the first time I hit 2 smart missiles in 1 game.

Thanks for the downvote!
7CF5C1B9-D1E8-4ED0-B428-67FE68DD36FB (resized).jpeg7CF5C1B9-D1E8-4ED0-B428-67FE68DD36FB (resized).jpeg
Lovers!

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been thinking about putting this little Nedry in somewhere. What would be the best place for him?
[quoted image]

I actually own that same Nedry as you but for me it's a collectors item so he stays in his Barbasol bubble . I have added a few characters but there aren't a lot of places to put them safely. Since the photo is dark I put in arrows for ya. Yes, I have Ellie straddling the wire ramp and I find it both functional and hilarious. Also note that for any character's hand held toy you'll want to use museum putty or even better a small zip tie to make sure they don't get dropped on the playfield. Feel free to PM me or ask any questions on how I attached them. It's been mostly creative zipties to ensure stability. Hopefully this helps you decide where to incorporate ol' Nedry.

JP Character Placements in Pin.jpgJP Character Placements in Pin.jpg
#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Awesome! It’s a really well done mini wizard too with rules that fit the storyline and feels like you are there making the moves. The first time I got there I was so excited I yelled for my whole family to come downstairs to watch! I hope you get there soon!

#10276 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

This idea is great; I need to check my TP link outlets to see if the load stats can accommodate a pinball machine! I already use IFTTT on "Let's Play Pinball" to trigger lights and have Google respond with "Welcome to... Jurassic Park".

Im using a TP link and didnt even think to check load stats haha, seems to be working 100% fine, zero problems.

#10277 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I just got a JP premium tonight and the T-Rex doesn’t work. It just makes a loud grinding sound when trying to make movement (and doesn’t move). Has anyone seen this issue before? Thank you.

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got to VC only ones in a whole year. Most of the time I just reach 3 paddocks. I bring the extra ball, the raptors, the t-rex multiball and even chaos, also do the clear paddock but my smartmissile hitrate is below 25%. I always pick the easy route on the island. I would like a setting in the code that when you loose the ball you loose the paddock and move on just liek Control room and t-rex events. So it would be easier for lesser gods to get further in this game.

#10279 2 years ago

Anyone get there Premium. from the new run. this month... Still waiting

#10280 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Hi everyone. I just got a JP premium tonight and the T-Rex doesn’t work. It just makes a loud grinding sound when trying to make movement (and doesn’t move). Has anyone seen this issue before? Thank you.

I do not have a premium, so no experience with the mech, but do they come from the factory tied down or anything to prevent movement in shipping? I have had a few games where a zip tie or something had to be removed before playing. Just a thought. I hope it is something simple for you!

#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think the 'new run' is actually split into two partial runs. The first part was March 31-April 2 (and a few folks have reported getting these build dates), and then next part is sometime 'very soon' since a number of JP buyers are getting advice from their distributors that end of next week more will arrive.

#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

There have been a couple reports from a week to 2 weeks ago. Mine is supposed to be dropped off today.

Quoted from splitcms:

There was a post about grinding before, but theirs moved. There are also numerous mechanical issues in the thread about it not moving that you can look for. A common problem I've seen over time reading this thread seems to be a screw on the underside that comes loose/ falls out.
***disclaimer: I don't have mine yet, this is just what I've gathered having literally read every post in this thread at some point.

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

There have been a couple reports from a week to 2 weeks ago. Mine is supposed to be dropped off today.

There was a post about grinding before, but theirs moved. There are also numerous mechanical issues in the thread about it not moving that you can look for. A common problem I've seen over time reading this thread seems to be a screw on the underside that comes loose/ falls out.
***disclaimer: I don't have mine yet, this is just what I've gathered having literally read every post in this thread at some point.

#10284 2 years ago

Just got my JP Premium last week!

PXL_20210418_001736624 (resized).jpgPXL_20210418_001736624 (resized).jpg
#10285 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

Just got my JP Premium last week!
[quoted image]

What was the BUILD date on the back?

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

What was the BUILD date on the back?

I got one yesterday. Build date is April 5

#10287 2 years ago

Well... I bit the bullet and ordered the topper. Hope I don't regret it. It's insanely overpriced but the topper world has gone bananas and made retail prices seem almost reasonable by comparison.

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Well... I bit the bullet and ordered the topper. Hope I don't regret it. It's insanely overpriced but the topper world has gone bananas and made retail prices seem almost reasonable by comparison.

I bit the bullet too when I bought my premium. Personally, I really like it. It looks great, and it's fun to have it tied into a special game play mode. Is it overpriced for what it is - sure. Even so, I think you can always get most if not all of your money back if you ever decide to sell it (with or without the pin).

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I do not have a premium, so no experience with the mech, but do they come from the factory tied down or anything to prevent movement in shipping? I have had a few games where a zip tie or something had to be removed before playing. Just a thought. I hope it is something simple for you!

There was foam in the T-Rex mouth and the helicopter had a zip tie. Sadly something is wrong with the motor for my T-Rex and it doesn’t work properly. Just makes a loud grinding down and doesn’t move

#10290 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

There was foam in the T-Rex mouth and the helicopter had a zip tie. Sadly something is wrong with the motor for my T-Rex and it doesn’t work properly. Just makes a loud grinding down and doesn’t move

Mine had this problem on the first game as well. I lifted up the playfield all the way up to the backbox and then put it back down. I then went into the system settings and tried moving the t-Rex thru its paces. It was all good after that. Not sure what made it work but you might want to try doing the same.

#10291 2 years ago

Mine showed up today. Build date April 16

Now to add my mods....

20210422_202817 (resized).jpg20210422_202817 (resized).jpg
#10292 2 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

Mine had this problem on the first game as well. I lifted up the playfield all the way up to the backbox and then put it back down. I then went into the system settings and tried moving the t-Rex thru its paces. It was all good after that. Not sure what made it work but you might want to try doing the same.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've lifted the playfield to install my shaker motor and artblades so unfortunately that did not fix it. Seems like a bad motor unfortunately =/

#10293 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've lifted the playfield to install my shaker motor and artblades so unfortunately that did not fix it. Seems like a bad motor unfortunately =/

There should be a way to test in diagnostics to move Dino head side to side and vertical. If it doesn’t work in menu make sure you push in the little white plunger by the door to increase power to machine to think the door is closed. I’m not a tech or anything and I’m sure others will come to your aid better than I can. I would email stern tech as well

#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

There should be a way to test in diagnostics to move Dino head side to side and vertical. If it doesn’t work in menu make sure you push in the little white plunger by the door to increase power to machine to think the door is closed. I’m not a tech or anything and I’m sure others will come to your aid better than I can. I would email stern tech as well

Thanks. I tried that and ran the diagnostic for horizontal and vertical movement and it just makes a loud grinding noise for both tests.

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I had this same issue. There’s most likely a screw out here - I used a temporary screw and the issue completely resolved itself but stern is shipping a new screw that apparently they missed on assembly line ‍♂️

Message me on here if you need more specific help. I can walk you through how I got the screw hole exposed so I could work on it. Was easy fix.

F6A653E2-7E3E-4C09-A326-8082E34E7AE7 (resized).jpegF6A653E2-7E3E-4C09-A326-8082E34E7AE7 (resized).jpeg
#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I had this same issue. There’s most likely a screw out here - I used a temporary screw and the issue completely resolved itself but stern is shipping a new screw that apparently they missed on assembly line ‍♂️
Message me on here if you need more specific help. I can walk you through how I got the screw hole exposed so I could work on it. Was easy fix.[quoted image]

Also my machine came 3 days ago. So should be the fix. Also check the wiring - they should be through the plastic white circle clip but weren’t for me. The wiring being to exposed to the moving gears doesn’t affect T. rex movement but the friction to the wiring will be an issue down the road.

My distributor also though it was a bad motor at first. It was not.

A8AA15C2-4415-4A92-A65B-E9089EBA660A (resized).jpegA8AA15C2-4415-4A92-A65B-E9089EBA660A (resized).jpeg
#10297 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I'm finding the slings --> outlane to be brutal. Is this normal?
Like bullet fast, unsave-able outlane drain monster bad.
My game is setup around 7.5 pitch.

Welcome to Elwin games. Don’t lose control of the ball, not a good game for that!

#10298 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I like the topper, glad I bought it.

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Also my machine came 3 days ago. So should be the fix. Also check the wiring - they should be through the plastic white circle clip but weren’t for me. The wiring being to exposed to the moving gears doesn’t affect T. rex movement but the friction to the wiring will be an issue down the road.
My distributor also though it was a bad motor at first. It was not. [quoted image]

I’m guessing you go through Aaron lol. My screw is there and the wires are correctly in the plastic holders.

#10300 2 years ago
5C15807A-0FB5-4208-AEB6-B8DD3F2BDFEA (resized).jpeg5C15807A-0FB5-4208-AEB6-B8DD3F2BDFEA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/206?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.