(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 427.
#10201 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, after 12,846 balls played the post protecting my upper flipper just snapped off. It did its job well for a long time and now it’ll go have fun running around on grandpa’s farm with other old pinball parts
I’m guessing it probably took at least 2 or 3 hard hits per ball on average. Probably more. So I’m not surprised it happened eventually.
Gonna be a bit of a PITA to replace it though since the flipper mech will have to come off (no good way to unscrew the remaining piece that’s still screwed into the nut between the flipper plate and the playfield).
[quoted image]

Takes a few minutes to lower the flipper mech. You don't even have to take the flipper off. Not a big deal to do.

#10202 3 years ago

Everyone should have a set of these screw extractors, they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LDMKR5G/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_D51PRSQKB03BQV6V9WMQ

#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

PoMc posted his mods a couple of pages back, but he got his at Michael's (a Hobby/art/craft store). I even bought some, really nice dinosaur toys and some trees the perfect size for mods.
Edit: Found it - Post 9805

Walmart also has Dinosaur toys for $1 and they're pretty good looking.

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walmart also has Dinosaur toys for $1 and they're pretty good looking.

I installed the same toys you did, but the Raptor came loose after I installed the shaker. I guess I need to use more hot glue. The default shaker setting is seriously vibrating the pin when the T-Rex roars. Too much, really. I got the low temp hot glue, thinking it would be safer on the plastics. Maybe it doesn't stick as well...

I turned down the shaker the other day, I'll haven't checked it out yet.

#10205 3 years ago

Pics of the upper flipper post mod. You’ll need to remove the entire flipper mechanism to install the nut on the other side - I’d recommend a nylock nut, which I didn’t have on hand when I did this. I’m going to remove the Lexan washer now that I have the game off location.

523239D2-7726-4DBB-A65A-B95CA2BA8AB7 (resized).jpeg523239D2-7726-4DBB-A65A-B95CA2BA8AB7 (resized).jpegA8CAEB8F-4687-4CC2-B932-6C110DADC9AA (resized).jpegA8CAEB8F-4687-4CC2-B932-6C110DADC9AA (resized).jpeg

#10206 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

Just joined the club this morning. No more relying on Youtube videos lol. Looking forward to eventually adding mods like the trees etc.

Jurassic park pic #5 (resized).jpgJurassic park pic #5 (resized).jpgJurassic park pinball pic#2 (resized).jpgJurassic park pinball pic#2 (resized).jpgJurassic park pinball pic#3 (resized).jpgJurassic park pinball pic#3 (resized).jpg
#10207 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The default shaker setting is seriously vibrating the pin when the T-Rex roars. Too much, really.

Mine too, it's nuts!

#10208 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mine too, it's nuts!

I wouldn't have it any other way (let's everyone know there's a T-rex in the house).

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Post at the end of the third flipper broke off. Anyone know what part I need to order and from where?[quoted image]

How many plays did you have on it?

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from Monkeyman66:

Hey everyone,
Just joined the club this morning. No more relying on Youtube videos lol. Looking forward to eventually adding mods like the trees etc.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is the yellow button below the start button?

#10211 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What is the yellow button below the start button?

Tournament button. It’s a Canadian thing.

#10212 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Does it come preinstalled from the factory?

#10213 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

You can buy a factory cover-plate for that hole and disable tournament in the settings screen. (Machines always have that cabinet cutout, but they ship from factory with the cover plate installed.

#10214 3 years ago

I'm finding the slings --> outlane to be brutal. Is this normal?
Like bullet fast, unsave-able outlane drain monster bad.

My game is setup around 7.5 pitch.

#10215 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

For Canada models yes. It comes that way.

#10216 3 years ago

Just a quick follow-up about the upper playfield flipper post fix. My friend and I bought our JPs together so we could combine delivery and save a little money. Well, after league last night, I mentioned doing this fix, and someone told me that my friend’s JP (after having been sold several times) developed exactly the problem I was afraid of. The loose post chewed a hole in the playfield, and it took wood putty to repair it. I’m hearing this 3rd-hand and I don’t know the extent of the damage, so take that for what it’s worth.

TL;DR: check those upper flipper posts and keep ‘em tight!

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

There should be an adjustment for coil strength. But it’s not uncommon for Sterns to do what you describe in their first 100-200 plays. The slings should calm down a bit over time.

#10218 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ha! Hadn't seen this when I posted mine. We're twins!

Nice @eaglepin. I have a thin wrench that I have used to tighten that post I’m going to try to squeeze in there without removing the flipper mech. I’ll let you know how it goes. Like the orange rubbers.

#10219 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How many plays did you have on it?

Over 2,000 last I checked.

#10220 3 years ago

I turned down sling strength for a month when I first got the game...let the rubbers/ mechs break in a bit and then return settings to factory. It’s definitely way too much power out of box.

Quoted from dos_reboot:

#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the most important mod on this game is to replace the screw-in post under the upper flipper. See the 3rd pic in the post above. If it works its way loose, it can dig out the playfield. I replaced mine with a through-hole version that bolts on from under the playfield. I also added a small Lexan washer, but I don’t know that that’s necessary. I was more worried about pooling than anything when I did the mod.

got a pic of post you used?

#10222 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

bent98 sells them also (I have one, and it looks much better than the factor plug, plus it is operational): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-

#10223 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

got a pic of post you used?

Post #10205 above

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Game designer recommended 7.0 for pitch.

#10225 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Game designer recommended 7.0 for pitch.

A new wave of owners, a new round of pitch discussion.

#10226 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I turned down sling strength for a month when I first got the game...let the rubbers/ mechs break in a bit and then return settings to factory. It’s definitely way too much power out of box.

I got my game used and slings still brutal. Don't know about any break in time. I turned mine done quite a bit. Plays a bit more fair now.

#10227 3 years ago

I wanted to make my alternate translite have more of cool white background so thanks to Markharris2000 for the very simple idea of adding cool white led strips to the back haha.

Right now they are plugged into the service outlet, im just a stuck on how to get them to turn on and off with the game(using the service outlet they are just ON even when the game is off). Im guessing I can do some soldering and wire them into an existing 12v line that is getting power but im trying to think if there is a simpler way im not thinking of. I have speaker lights as well and im thinking of somehow wiring them into that, but the main brick powering those LEDS says 24v. Any ideas?
E81CC322-F603-464A-818F-D122931478E8 (resized).jpegE81CC322-F603-464A-818F-D122931478E8 (resized).jpeg

B64F1206-B893-49D6-978A-031CAF34D5F9 (resized).jpegB64F1206-B893-49D6-978A-031CAF34D5F9 (resized).jpeg

#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I wanted to make my alternate translite have more of cool white background so thanks to Markharris2000 for the very simple idea of adding cool white led strips to the back haha.
Right now they are plugged into the service outlet, im just a stuck on how to get them to turn on and off with the game(using the service outlet they are just ON even when the game is off). Im guessing I can do some soldering and wire them into an existing 12v line that is getting power but im trying to think if there is a simpler way im not thinking of. I have speaker lights as well and im thinking of somehow wiring them into that, but the main brick powering those LEDS says 24v. Any ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you want to do it in a pretty easy way, try this:

There's outlet strips the have switched outlets, controlled by a single outlet. i.e. When something draws current in the controlling outlet, then it turns on the other outlets. Plug the pin into the controlling outlet and then the LED's power supply in the switched outlets.

You'd have to run the LED power wire into the pin, but no tinkering otherwise.

Plenty of other options tho. Perhaps an Alexa controlled outlet strip inside the pin, with the LED's plugged into that. Just tell Alexa to turn on the pin LED's.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10229 3 years ago

I've been thinking about putting this little Nedry in somewhere. What would be the best place for him?

20210417_163243 (resized).jpg20210417_163243 (resized).jpg
#10230 3 years ago

Getting eaten at the foot of the Raptor.

Quoted from seenev:

I've been thinking about putting this little Nedry in somewhere. What would be the best place for him?
[quoted image]

Congrats to all the New Owners! I have mine 17 months, and I have been beside myself with Joy playing this game.
It beats me more often than I wish, but it pushes my adrenaline and pin play like no other pin!
Just a kick ass freaking game!

#10231 3 years ago

Hey JP crew,

I did the 3D JP speaker grills not long ago (post # 9739) and PinPeet reached out about making something to replace the dino plastics down by the outlanes. Good idea!

So I was fooling around just to get a rough idea. I started on the right side (albiet w/a T-rex stl file I had on hand, will switch it to a raptor)

Still working on the size, height, angle, what to chop off - really everything right now, especially how to mount it on the two posts that currently hold the plastic pieces. I don't think I want to have have openings on the top side for attachment, it would look gaudy. I'm thinking of just having some screw holes in the bottom and have it set on some posts

Of course, it needs to be painted to really look good.

Suggestions welcome! If anyone wants the stl files when I'm done, just PM me later when I'm done.

#10232 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey JP crew,
I did the 3D JP speaker grills not long ago (post # 9739) and PinPeet reached out about making something to replace the dino plastics down by the outlanes. Good idea!
So I was fooling around just to get a rough idea. I started on the right side (albiet w/a T-rex stl file I had on hand, will switch it to a raptor)
Still working on the size, height, angle, what to chop off - really everything right now, especially how to mount it on the two posts that currently hold the plastic pieces. I don't think I want to have have openings on the top side for attachment, it would look gaudy. I'm thinking of just having some screw holes in the bottom and have it set on some posts
Suggestions welcome! If anyone wants the stl files when I'm done, just PM me later when I'm done.
[quoted image]

A big thanks for your speaker stl. I'm patiently waiting on my game still but have passed this time making bling stuff. I think these came up great. Thanks again.

IMG20210418115848 (resized).jpgIMG20210418115848 (resized).jpg
#10233 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

A big thanks for your speaker stl. I'm patiently waiting on my game still but have passed this time making bling stuff. I think these came up great. Thanks again.
[quoted image]

Excellent!! I was thinking about the yellow caution tape, but I didn't want to wear out my welcome w/the wife's painting skills.

You stick on the mag tape yet?

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The RGB controller for the speaker lights is not 24v...or a power brick. It has +12vdc going into it. The labeling on it just means it can handle +5vdc - +24vdc which would be dependent on what type of light strips it has connected to it. What the speaker lights are using is +12vdc light strips so +12vdc is what is going to the controller to power them.

I don't know if adding an additional 250+ leds to draw off of the games boards would be wise. I think getting the needed power from another source (like mbwalker suggested) and how you have them powered now, might be a better way to go.

#10235 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Excellent!! I was thinking about the yellow caution tape, but I didn't want to wear out my welcome w/the wife's painting skills.
You stick on the mag tape yet?

Not yet as I don't own a spike 2 game to test fit. I do have the take ready and waiting.

#10236 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You can buy a factory cover-plate for that hole and disable tournament in the settings screen. (Machines always have that cabinet cutout, but they ship from factory with the cover plate installed.

I always install these in that spot (albeit a blank, not a tournament button) in my Stern pins:

#10237 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I replaced the slim outlane posts with these star posts. I gives me and the grand-kid a better chance. Still adjustable too.

20210418_101210 (resized).jpg20210418_101210 (resized).jpg
#10238 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wouldn't have it any other way (let's everyone know there's a T-rex in the house).

Boy, mine was on default...felt like a shaker table we have at work. Figured I'd spare the node boards under the PF from a torture test.

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey JP crew,
[quoted image]

Update to my original post that had a t-rex on the right as an experiment to replace the flat plastic raptor. Switched over to a raptor.

I think maybe about ~1 inch shorter on each side. Will know in about 5hrs.

#10240 3 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Post at the end of the third flipper broke off. Anyone know what part I need to order and from where?[quoted image]

Call Stern directly. If you didn't already have one, they made a beefier one shortly after the game was released since lots of folks were having issues with it coming loose. I received one under warranty last year.

#10241 3 years ago

It seems a recent second wave of JP Premiums are shipping now. Anyone know when pros might be on the way?

#10242 3 years ago

Really digging this game. It took about 10 days to reach the visitor center for the first time. Went up the right side. Stacked raptor tri-ball with the raptor paddock. Then on to the visitor center for more fun with raptors!

Anyone have to adjust the feed from the right ramp to the upper flipper? Mine bounces around, especially on faster shots. It can even bounce around the upper flipper entirely so I don't get a shot.

#10243 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The simplest way would be for you to solder wires from the existing LED strip to the new LED strip that you have running around the backbox. Neg to Neg, Pos to Pos. Would take 5 mines with a soldering iron and some wiring.

If you don't have any spare wiring, I would recommend a roll of this
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009VCZ4V8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#10244 3 years ago

Now I’m depressed. I’ve had mine for over a year and I haven’t been to the VC yet. I need to play better! And avoid the T-Rex paddock.

Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Really digging this game. It took about 10 days to reach the visitor center for the first time. Went up the right side. Stacked raptor tri-ball with the raptor paddock. Then on to the visitor center for more fun with raptors!

#10245 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now I’m depressed. I’ve had mine for over a year and I haven’t been to the VC yet. I need to play better! And avoid the T-Rex paddock.

Same. Never been to VC after countless games.

#10246 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone have to adjust the feed from the right ramp to the upper flipper? Mine bounces around, especially on faster shots. It can even bounce around the upper flipper entirely so I don't get a shot.

You have to play around with the circular wireform. Loosen the attachment points and try different positioning and test with a ball. Mine needs a re-adjustment but I'm too lazy lol. It did play well for some time though after I had adjusted it. I've been moving my games around which screws up things (pitch and level).

#10247 3 years ago

Today I installed the Stern side armor.

92FEDC98-775E-4BD4-8C48-DA2C464EA9C7 (resized).jpeg92FEDC98-775E-4BD4-8C48-DA2C464EA9C7 (resized).jpegF9A2F742-BAEE-41D1-96FD-8BB9E4D8FE5A (resized).jpegF9A2F742-BAEE-41D1-96FD-8BB9E4D8FE5A (resized).jpeg
#10248 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Today I installed the Stern side armor.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Almost not worth the money, you can hardly see them. To bad there’s not a way to back light them.

#10249 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Almost not worth the money, you can hardly see them. To bad there’s not a way to back light them.

Yea looks great....but when you slide the game back in...?? How much...????

#10250 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Same. Never been to VC after countless games.

Me too. Came close a few times though. Right below it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.99
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.