(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
bustedleftswitch (resized).jpg
IMG_2925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0824 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1616 (resized).jpeg
20240310_115612 (resized).jpg
20240310_115604 (resized).jpg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6216 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6214 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 423.
#10151 2 years ago

Congrats! What’s the build date?

Quoted from Jaeg:

I made it to the owners club. This one took awhile to get.
[quoted image]

#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is a skill shot at the control room that you can only get if you plunge.

There are a few short-plunge skill shots.

#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Check that board for loose connections or disconnected wires first.

Great suggestion,

I had my pinstadium connections going to that same LED board. I disconnected them, reattached, and now the LEDs are working.

I also noticed my trough lighting mod is no longer lighting. The connections all seem solid, and the GI bulb they are spliced into is also working. Not sure what is going on there, but happy my insert LEDs are now working again.

#10154 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Congrats! What’s the build date?

3/30/21

#10155 2 years ago

I thought JP got delayed...

#10156 2 years ago

IMDN prem and EHOH are delayed. I heard JP and GOTG were on the line last month.

Quoted from seenev:

I thought JP got delayed...

#10157 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

There are a few short-plunge skill shots.

I had one through the pops yesterday!

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is actually one pin that doesn’t need a manual shooter rod. There’s no skill shot based on plunge strength, and no reason to soft-plunge that I can see (I could be wrong).

While you can use either the auto or manual plunger if you want the ball to go up the Heli ramp and into the right return lane, only the manual plunger allows you to short plunge the ball (it doesn't go up the heli ramp) and then go for one of the various secret skill shots

- "C" shot
- the amber target in the pops
- "O" shot

These along with the 2 different combo skills shots gives you lots of different shots to try for when plunging the ball

#10159 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in my Attract Mode mod, send me a message. This replaces all tutorial and "quarter drop" videos with some great dinosaur content. Nothing is changed in gameplay. So if you enjoy playing on the stock 1.03 code, then this is for you.

#10160 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

IMDN prem and EHOH are delayed. I heard JP and GOTG were on the line last month.

I ordered my Prem in Oct... now told due to parts delay...end of April....

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

If your lucky....

#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same boat here....

#10163 2 years ago

Turns out these games can make money! I had my Pro on location for 5 months and picked up $700 over about 2000 plays. The location was great, not a scratch on the game when I brought it home. After a good cleaning and a few adjustments, it was like new again. I’m starting to rebel against the HUO mentality. I love hearing about how much people enjoy my games (Aerosmith is there now). I realize that not everyone has access to a good location, but I wish every game could spend some time in public.

#10164 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

While you can use either the auto or manual plunger if you want the ball to go up the Heli ramp and into the right return lane, only the manual plunger allows you to short plunge the ball (it doesn't go up the heli ramp) and then go for one of the various secret skill shots
- "C" shot
- the amber target in the pops
- "O" shot
These along with the 2 different combo skills shots gives you lots of different shots to try for when plunging the ball

Short plunging also allows you to not qualify the playfield - especially helpful in Escape Nublar.

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Turns out these games can make money! I had my Pro on location for 5 months and picked up $700 over about 2000 plays. The location was great, not a scratch on the game when I brought it home. After a good cleaning and a few adjustments, it was like new again. I’m starting to rebel against the HUO mentality. I love hearing about how much people enjoy my games (Aerosmith is there now). I realize that not everyone has access to a good location, but I wish every game could spend some time in public.

Serious question - how does that math work? Say you could clear $1500 in a year (doesn't account for your time, maintenance, etc.) Even at just a pro level by the time you add a bill taker you would be looking at 5 years at least before you paid off your investment and even started making money. Of course I think it would take even longer as the game becomes stale over time and it wouldn't receive nearly as many plays. Not to mention various required taxes and licensing (if required).

I had a friend recently ask me if I would consider going in on a location pin with him, but I just don't see the payoff in the business model.

#10166 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Serious question - how does that math work? Say you could clear $1500 in a year (doesn't account for your time, maintenance, etc.) Even at just a pro level by the time you add a bill taker you would be looking at 5 years at least before you paid off your investment and even started making money. Of course I think it would take even longer as the game becomes stale over time and it wouldn't receive nearly as many plays. Not to mention various required taxes and licensing (if required).
I had a friend recently ask me if I would consider going in on a location pin with him, but I just don't see the payoff in the business model.

Sounds like he’s charging too little per game or the game is setup too easy to get free games. I don’t know typical pricing per game, but if you bump it up to $1 a game the math changes so you could earn closer to $4000 in a year and be paid off in less than 18 months, roughly. I’d pay $1 a game and play a few games.

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

How prices have gone crazy, I think operators don't look at recouping all the purchase price via site income. In Australia the op can claim 10% of the purchase price on their tax outright, then depreciation etc and after siting for a short while, they sell to the hobbyist for close to nib or at the very least 10% less than nib (of which he has already received back from the government). Now the sale transaction most probably will be cash, no paperwork. What stops them from understating that sale price and all of a sudden they're making a loss.

So I guess money could be made???

#10168 2 years ago

Routed game still has good value. If sold it would be at least $4500, right? Thus, you making money once you cover depreciation and maintenance costs.

#10169 2 years ago

In the club with a Premium. Build date April 1 2021. It's gorgeous. The playfield is perfect. T-Rex works well. The only adjustment I'm looking to make is the feed from the right ramp to the upper flipper. On fast shots, after it lands on the playfield, it bounces off the right side ball guide and then can rattle around a bit. Sometimes it will hit the opposite ball rail and really bounce left to right. It can bounce around my flipper so I don't even get a shot. Anyone have to adjust this feed? Any tips? Thanks.

#10170 2 years ago

Anecdotally it sounds like the JP production was started again! It will be interesting to see how many Premiums made it out of the factory in the past few days and will be shipped the next week or two. Two recent posters have build dates on their premiums in the last few days. If Stern found the backordered parts, I suspect a few hundred will start arriving at distributors this month and we'll all start seeing out on-order machines soon!

#10171 2 years ago

Premium shipping on Monday from Distributor! Yes!

#10172 2 years ago

Got mine Thursday! What a great game

11F7CE11-AE2E-404E-8B65-AAB8EE259C6E (resized).jpeg11F7CE11-AE2E-404E-8B65-AAB8EE259C6E (resized).jpeg79771595-7DD5-4060-9ABF-B071A4912C53 (resized).jpeg79771595-7DD5-4060-9ABF-B071A4912C53 (resized).jpeg
#10173 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like he’s charging too little per game or the game is setup too easy to get free games. I don’t know typical pricing per game, but if you bump it up to $1 a game the math changes so you could earn closer to $4000 in a year and be paid off in less than 18 months, roughly. I’d pay $1 a game and play a few games.

It ended up being about a 60/40 split with the arcade owner (with me taking the 40%). Making money isn’t really my main motive. I wanted to help the owner get some variety, share the game with local pin heads, and reduce my investment cost a little bit. It feels good to own a $4800 JP, in the era of $6k Stern pros.

#10174 2 years ago

I noticed the stern backbox leds are warm white and was wondering if there is any mods or some sort of filter to make them appear more cool white? Im assuming its not possible to straight up change the LEDS without messing up the board.

Just installed this new translite. I love the look and it compliments the overall colors so well especially with the new art blades. Just feel like the warm white leds are draining out all the great colors

Wondering if another option is cutting a big colored filtered and placing it behind the translite? Ill take any ideas!

870D70CC-EE55-4E8F-BDB2-E4B9A0469D75 (resized).jpeg870D70CC-EE55-4E8F-BDB2-E4B9A0469D75 (resized).jpeg

85967EB4-6DC2-4D67-B13B-97B201F0CD4A (resized).jpeg85967EB4-6DC2-4D67-B13B-97B201F0CD4A (resized).jpeg

#10175 2 years ago

Cool translite, where's it from. Do you run the movie code or the default code? Given the translite I would assume it only goes well with the movie scenes.

#10176 2 years ago

I am waiting for my game to arrive. Just wondering does the stock premium or any model come with a coin door decal like on twd, Metallica etc. I made artwork on a magnet for my gb to cover the blank area and so will do the same for jp. Thanks

#10177 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I noticed the stern backbox leds are warm white and was wondering if there is any mods or some sort of filter to make them appear more cool white? Im assuming its not possible to straight up change the LEDS without messing up the board.
Just installed this new translite. I love the look and it compliments the overall colors so well especially with the new art blades. Just feel like the warm white leds are draining out all the great colors
Wondering if another option is cutting a big colored filtered and placing it behind the translite? Ill take any ideas!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I suspect you could wrap a strip of cool white leds (around 4000-5000k) around the inside of the back box which would likely wipe out the warm (3000k) color. Try it before you mount it permanently.

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Cool translite, where's it from. Do you run the movie code or the default code? Given the translite I would assume it only goes well with the movie scenes.

Its from the Retro refurbs . Yes, I do run the movie code, it’s great! Ill probably alternate codes every so often though.

#10179 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello. I'm thinking about getting pinstadium but not sure which version. Any recommendations which version to get for this game? Anyone have a video of how the neo fusion interacts with it and if it's worth getting? Thanks

I like the neos, has all the colors and the diffusers so you don’t get the striping or light dots. Fusions are super cool, but a lot going on.

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Anecdotally it sounds like the JP production was started again! It will be interesting to see how many Premiums made it out of the factory in the past few days and will be shipped the next week or two. Two recent posters have build dates on their premiums in the last few days. If Stern found the backordered parts, I suspect a few hundred will start arriving at distributors this month and we'll all start seeing out on-order machines soon!

Got word today that my premium will be here late this week or early next week. Great news considering they told me just last week that it would most likely be June.

#10181 2 years ago

A few days ago I received and installed the T-Rex Alive mod on my Pro model. Might be the best, game specific, mod I've bought for any pin.

If you own a Pro model, in my opinion this is a must have mod. I'm enjoying the game experience a lot more with that moving T-Rex. Makes me consider looking for a premium, but I'm waiting to see what else comes out soon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/niS36PAaSoBWmeAQ9

#10182 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I just joined the club on Friday with the arrival of my premium. I also got the retro refurb translite and beautiful powder coated armor from Pinball Refinery. I can’t believe how fun this game is! So fast moving. I didn’t read the rules yet, so I don’t really know what I’m doing, but am enjoying shooting and flipping at whatever lights up! And the best part is it was totally dialed in when I got it set up. Didn’t really have to adjust anything. That was such a shocking and awesome surprise!

172E0645-C60C-4C08-9D14-03D35D51E5ED (resized).jpeg172E0645-C60C-4C08-9D14-03D35D51E5ED (resized).jpegA617A44A-9173-4212-82CD-367FE4E6B55A (resized).jpegA617A44A-9173-4212-82CD-367FE4E6B55A (resized).jpegC01DFE25-6D1E-4433-8FC9-42DE97D9E757 (resized).jpegC01DFE25-6D1E-4433-8FC9-42DE97D9E757 (resized).jpegFD018D93-759C-4DF8-AE0C-D6CBF42EB61D (resized).jpegFD018D93-759C-4DF8-AE0C-D6CBF42EB61D (resized).jpeg
#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

A few days ago I received and installed the T-Rex Alive mod on my Pro model. Might be the best, game specific, mod I've bought for any pin.
If you own a Pro model, in my opinion this is a must have mod. I'm enjoying the game experience a lot more with that moving T-Rex. Makes me consider looking for a premium, but I'm waiting to see what else comes out soon.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/niS36PAaSoBWmeAQ9

Thank's for your comment, have good game with your JP Pro-mium

#10184 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice...Interested in seeing some photos of the playfield after you cleaned it up if you have time.

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Nice...Interested in seeing some photos of the playfield after you cleaned it up if you have time.

Here you go. I’ve played a few hundred games, so the rubbers already need cleaning again. This is one of the early-run playfields that were prone to pooling; I got lucky and haven’t had any problems with mine. In fact, it seems to be dimpling a lot less than most of my Sterns.

10D43873-4F46-4231-A883-DFAF53F9173B (resized).jpeg10D43873-4F46-4231-A883-DFAF53F9173B (resized).jpeg458B29C2-2AEA-45F6-B25F-E2DC4E3D46FD (resized).jpeg458B29C2-2AEA-45F6-B25F-E2DC4E3D46FD (resized).jpeg557E84E0-7E91-40DA-BC86-E3C5D85B0585 (resized).jpeg557E84E0-7E91-40DA-BC86-E3C5D85B0585 (resized).jpeg97714FC2-0594-4371-91B7-23258096C47D (resized).jpeg97714FC2-0594-4371-91B7-23258096C47D (resized).jpegF360A1DB-A053-4FD6-896A-E693C5C7CB41 (resized).jpegF360A1DB-A053-4FD6-896A-E693C5C7CB41 (resized).jpegFD0089CE-A75A-487A-9572-17329D0393E8 (resized).jpegFD0089CE-A75A-487A-9572-17329D0393E8 (resized).jpeg
#10186 2 years ago

I think the most important mod on this game is to replace the screw-in post under the upper flipper. See the 3rd pic in the post above. If it works its way loose, it can dig out the playfield. I replaced mine with a through-hole version that bolts on from under the playfield. I also added a small Lexan washer, but I don’t know that that’s necessary. I was more worried about pooling than anything when I did the mod.

#10187 2 years ago

The side armor I won in a raffle arrived today.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10188 2 years ago

Does anyone make an "off-the-shelf" helicopter mod for the Prem? I bought one of the matchbox toys and modified it, but I just can't seem to get it to fit/work.

At this stage, I'd much prefer buying one I could just drop in.

#10189 2 years ago

Post at the end of the third flipper broke off. Anyone know what part I need to order and from where?

2BBC5925-5DF8-46FD-8617-51E5C2EE3217 (resized).jpeg2BBC5925-5DF8-46FD-8617-51E5C2EE3217 (resized).jpeg
#10190 2 years ago

swampfire what post did you put on your third flipper?

#10191 2 years ago

Finally got my JP earlier this week - a couple small issues, looking for some tips 1) the playfield glass is super hard to slide off and back on 2) the translite rattles loudly (moreso than any of my other games) and 3) the T-Rex motor is very loud when moving horizontally (which it seems is common and may not be an issue) - thanks in advance for any advice!

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

swampfire what post did you put on your third flipper?

I have a big supply of misc parts from old playfields, so it came from that. I can take it out and try to identify it. Will post a few close-ups tomorrow for sure.

#10193 2 years ago

Well, after 12,846 balls played the post protecting my upper flipper just snapped off. It did its job well for a long time and now it’ll go have fun running around on grandpa’s farm with other old pinball parts

I’m guessing it probably took at least 2 or 3 hard hits per ball on average. Probably more. So I’m not surprised it happened eventually.

Gonna be a bit of a PITA to replace it though since the flipper mech will have to come off (no good way to unscrew the remaining piece that’s still screwed into the nut between the flipper plate and the playfield).

AB14B81F-B02C-4472-96DD-3C3ABA46E2EB (resized).jpegAB14B81F-B02C-4472-96DD-3C3ABA46E2EB (resized).jpeg
#10194 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, after 12,846 balls played the post protecting my upper flipper just snapped off. It did its job well for a long time and now it’ll go have fun running around on grandpa’s farm with other old pinball parts
I’m guessing it probably took at least 2 or 3 hard hits per ball on average. Probably more. So I’m not surprised it happened eventually.
Gonna be a bit of a PITA to replace it though since the flipper mech will have to come off (no good way to unscrew the remaining piece that’s still screwed into the nut between the flipper plate and the playfield).
[quoted image]

Two people had this happen in the same day? Dang. The game isn't even that old.

#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have a big supply of misc parts from old playfields, so it came from that. I can take it out and try to identify it. Will post a few close-ups tomorrow for sure.

It may be a 530-5127-00 or a 530-5332-01 post with a rubber sleeve added.

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

[quoted image]

Actually, a thin wrench of the correct size should work to reach that nut. Something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/DURATECH-Super-Thin-Wrench-8-Piece-Rolling/dp/B08CVC5BDL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

Oh, nevermind. I realize the nut is stuck on the broken off post piece that is below the playfield surface. Yeah, that is going to be fun for you.

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Post at the end of the third flipper broke off. Anyone know what part I need to order and from where?[quoted image]

Ha! Hadn't seen this when I posted mine. We're twins!

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Two people had this happen in the same day? Dang. The game isn't even that old.

Yeah, but I've played it a lot. Wear and tear from having fun!

#10199 2 years ago

Just got my JP premium last week. First pin. I have been reading this thread off and on for a week. Still not even half done. Lots of info here. Wow. In any case, I saw on deal news today, target is having a sale on JP toys. Thought I would repost here in case anyone sees a Dino they want to add to their room or pin.

I found this on DealNews: Jurassic World Toys at Target: 10% off https://dealnews.com/offer/19164122

#10200 2 years ago
Quoted from Jfmav:

Just got my JP premium last week. First pin. I have been reading this thread off and on for a week. Still not even half done. Lots of info here. Wow. In any case, I saw on deal news today, target is having a sale on JP toys. Thought I would repost here in case anyone sees a Dino they want to add to their room or pin.
I found this on DealNews: Jurassic World Toys at Target: 10% off https://dealnews.com/offer/19164122

PoMc posted his mods a couple of pages back, but he got his at Michael's (a Hobby/art/craft store). I even bought some, really nice dinosaur toys and some trees the perfect size for mods.

Edit: Found it - Post 9805

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 21,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 423.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.