(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 427.
#10001 3 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! The cross border/country shipping wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

I thought so too. I've paid more for shipping inside the US for parts. I'm looking at you stern pinball shop!

#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Wanted to share my powder coated hardware I just got back. Was shooting for a dino skin look and I’m super pleased with how it came out
[quoted image][quoted image]

What brand and color is that? Looks like a 2 stage with a clear over it maybe? What sheen is the clear?

#10003 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

LOL but this nob is worthy....

Let’s get off Pomc’s jock and give his genitals room to breathe. He’s entitled to his opinion which is the original code is better. Enough is enough.

#10004 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Let’s get off Pomc’s jock and give his genitals room to breathe. He’s entitled to his opinion which is the original code is better. Enough is enough.

Ha!

#10005 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I just checked and nitro pinball has them.

Just snagged one, thanks for the heads up. That being said ill have the modfather shooting rod up for sale once that comes in, so if anyone wants one for a lower price let me know!

#10006 3 years ago

Can someone help me with a rule question. We have one in leagues and I was messing around after finals and ran all the way to the Visitors Center after heading down the right side of the map. I was able to capture the raptors and I think I finished the mode. However, when I was done, the Visitors Center insert was still slowly pulsing. There were also no more white shots to go after paddocks.

It was almost like the game ran out of stuff for me to do, which I know wasn't the case. There were a few of us at the machine and it wasn't apparent to any of us as to what I was supposed to do next.

#10007 3 years ago

After you catch the last dinosaur you have to spell map one more time then hit the T. rex ramp and visitors center will start. You cannot start visitors center if you are already in a T. rex or control room mode.

#10008 3 years ago

Has anyone come up with a good fix for the t-rex magnet to capture the ball more? I swear it rejects like 60% of the shots

#10009 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What brand and color is that? Looks like a 2 stage with a clear over it maybe? What sheen is the clear?

It was a silver base with shocker yellow vein. Prismatic powders.

#10010 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

After you catch the last dinosaur you have to spell map one more time then hit the T. rex ramp and visitors center will start. You cannot start visitors center if you are already in a T. rex or control room mode.

Sorry. Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I started Visitors Center, captured both raptors and got to the victory targets part.

When I got back to one ball, the Visitors Center was still pulsing and there weren’t any white shots. There wasn’t anything to do.

#10011 3 years ago

It sounds like you still had victory running...I believe you can then qualify control room modes to light ‘secure control room’ mini wizard or hit jeep to qualify remaining Trex modes to light ‘Museam mayhem’ completing those modes and ‘visitors center’ will bring you to ‘Escape Nublar’ wiz mode.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Sorry. Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I started Visitors Center, captured both raptors and got to the victory targets part.
When I got back to one ball, the Visitors Center was still pulsing and there weren’t any white shots. There wasn’t anything to do.

#10012 3 years ago

Finally got the plunger problem licked. Auto plunge has been fine but the manual plunge only made the loop about 40% of the time despite me realigning the plunger. A few weeks ago I changed out the playfield flap to the Cliffy version which helped. My orange spring recently arrived so today I changed the spring which increased the percentage of successful plunges even more. But I did not reach nearly 100% full plunge until I added that small washer under the left front fork.

A lot of modification needed but the results are satisfying.

#10013 3 years ago

There would be no white shots because you finished the paddocks. From there you have to finish the rest of the goals (all the control room modes and all the T-Rex modes) in order to reach Escape Nublar.

#10014 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There would be no white shots because you finished the paddocks. From there you have to finish the rest of the goals (all the control room modes and all the T-Rex modes) in order to reach Escape Nublar.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I assumed you could go back through the paddocks you didn’t do on the way to the visitors center.

How are the control room modes lit? From what I saw, capturing the first dinosaur lights the first one. What would I need to do light them after the first one with no paddocks lit?

#10015 3 years ago

Sorry. Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I started

Gotcha. Makes sense. I assumed you could go back through the paddocks you didn’t do on the way to the visitors center.
How are the control room modes lit? From what I saw, capturing the first dinosaur lights the first one. What would I need to do light them after the first one with no paddocks lit?

Raptor multiball lights one, spelling "chaos" twice lights one, and I think there is one more way as well.

#10016 3 years ago

Control Room lights with each of the following:
Capture one dinosaur
15 Tower shots
Spell CHAOS a second time
Raptor Multiball Jackpot

After playing the third one, Secure Control Room will light immediately.

Invalid Frenzy lights by completing the fourth qualification. I am pretty sure it is first after Secure Control Room, but I'm not positive on that. Invalid Frenzy can also be awarded by the Smart Missile.

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Control Room lights with each of the following:
Capture one dinosaur
15 Tower shots
Spell CHAOS a second time
Raptor Multiball Jackpot
After playing the third one, Secure Control Room will light immediately.
Invalid Frenzy lights by completing the fourth qualification. I am pretty sure it is first after Secure Control Room, but I'm not positive on that. Invalid Frenzy can also be awarded by the Smart Missile.

Can you get Invalid Frenzy twice? As in if you got it with a SM, does it still light when you get the 4th qualification - I assume it would but does anyone know?

#10018 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can you get Invalid Frenzy twice? As in if you got it with a SM, does it still light when you get the 4th qualification - I assume it would but does anyone know?

No idea. I have only gotten it once from Control Room modes, so I definitely do not have much experience getting that far, LOL.

#10019 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Just an update. Stern is replacing the opto board. Their tech support has never seen this type of situation. At least get a known working board in place. And take it from there. Thanks all.

So. Got the replacement opto board today. And this has fixed my issue. Finally got a smart missle. Also very nice to have full map access. I was actually missing a lot in this game with no left face truck option. The game is so much better now. Thanks all for your input & help.

#10020 3 years ago

I think if you light invalid frenzy with the forth qualifier it disappears from the SM menu but not sure what happens if you get Invalid from SM first and then get 4th control room qualifier.

Quoted from Manny65:

#10021 3 years ago

Today is the day they start the new run! I'm excited!

#10022 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Today is the day they start the new run! I'm excited!

Is this true? My distributor told me I was in on a premium from March production. Haven’t heard anything yet. This would be exciting!

#10023 3 years ago

I'd love to grab a Premium, but can't justify it after my distributor and Stern basically telling me to pound sand after my BM66 Catmoman play field started falling apart within 2 weeks of getting it.

I wish you all the best of luck getting your new games! JP is one of my absolute favorites.

#10024 3 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Is this true? My distributor told me I was in on a premium from March production. Haven’t heard anything yet. This would be exciting!

I ordered in Oct... was told 1st week of April for shipping!!

#10025 3 years ago

I'd love to grab a Premium, but can't justify it after my distributor and Stern basically telling me to pound sand after my BM66 Catmoman play field started falling apart within 2 weeks of getting it.
I wish you all the best of luck getting your new games! JP is one of my absolute favorites.

Wow...my Catwoman has been fine.... it if gets a LOT of play

#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Has anyone come up with a good fix for the t-rex magnet to capture the ball more? I swear it rejects like 60% of the shots

Give this a try. I did this about 2 months ago and its been fantastic! World of difference. Remember, it needs to be a dead set accurate shot into the mouth, but this certainly has helped mine for sure:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/184#post-6079847

#10027 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give this a try. I did this about 2 months ago and its been fantastic! World of difference. Remember, it needs to be a dead set accurate shot into the mouth, but this certainly has helped mine for sure:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/184#post-6079847

Dang foam sold out....

#10028 3 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

I was told by my distro that mine would start being built the week of 22nd. So I'm taking that and getting myself hyped.

#10029 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Dang foam sold out....

Doh!! Yea, they’re out of stock frequently. Whenever it comes in and I do order, I always get about 6-7 pieces. It’s super handy to have.

#10030 3 years ago

Good morning all,
Have any of you ever had the following problem: Recently, on my brand-new pinball machine, I have the letters of the T-REX that light up when I flip without touching with the "newton ball" anchored to the Jeep with a ball in play? Because normally the letters only light up when we contact this newton ball. This is done randomly in the middle of the game. I have not figured out when yet. I also have a "shaker motor" that has been installed which is seriously rocking the pinball machine. So, I also put it now in the weakest mode because it makes the pinball machine tremble so much in "Maximal Use" mode that I thought to myself that it could also damage the cards in the long term. I looked to see if the connectors on the OPTO dual interrupter card were not properly inked, but everything looks fine. I took them off and put them back in case. I was wondering if it was the card referenced 520-7017-72 (MID UPPER PLAYFIELD 48V DRIVER PINOUT NODE 9) which does not work or rather the card 520-8102-00 (DUAL INTERRUPTER OPTO)? Or is it a game bug? I am on the latest version 1.03.
I can't test a new small opto card because obviously it seems out of stock at Stern! ☹. I could also try to switch the two 48V DRIVER PINOUT cards (NODE 8 and NODE 9) which are in the game to see if the problem persists .
Do you have an opinion? Thanks for your help.
Lionel.

#10031 3 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Good morning all,
Have any of you ever had the following problem: Recently, on my brand-new pinball machine, I have the letters of the T-REX that light up when I flip without touching with the "newton ball" anchored to the Jeep with a ball in play? Because normally the letters only light up when we contact this newton ball. This is done randomly in the middle of the game. I have not figured out when yet. I also have a "shaker motor" that has been installed which is seriously rocking the pinball machine. So, I also put it now in the weakest mode because it makes the pinball machine tremble so much in "Maximal Use" mode that I thought to myself that it could also damage the cards in the long term. I looked to see if the connectors on the OPTO dual interrupter card were not properly inked, but everything looks fine. I took them off and put them back in case. I was wondering if it was the card referenced 520-7017-72 (MID UPPER PLAYFIELD 48V DRIVER PINOUT NODE 9) which does not work or rather the card 520-8102-00 (DUAL INTERRUPTER OPTO)? Or is it a game bug? I am on the latest version 1.03.
I can't test a new small opto card because obviously it seems out of stock at Stern! ☹. I could also try to switch the two 48V DRIVER PINOUT cards (NODE 8 and NODE 9) which are in the game to see if the problem persists .
Lionel.

Hello Lionel, already happen to me, ive had some struggle on finding the problem, but the solution is to resolder the contacts on the opto board, and will be ok

#10032 3 years ago

Read my posts about my opto board issues. Strange gremlins. Anyways. Contact your distributor & ask them to get you a new opto board. Fixed my issues.

#10033 3 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Good morning all,
Lionel.

i had that same issue with the T-Rex letters, already popping up when I plunged the ball. Connector on Node board was crap. When you touched it it registered a hit. Swapped nodeboard under warranty.

#10034 3 years ago

I've seen a mod which replaces the middle spinning jeep with an actual Jurassic Park looking Jeep, does anyone have any leads on where to purchase this? TIA

#10035 3 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

I've seen a mod which replaces the middle spinning jeep with an actual Jurassic Park looking Jeep, does anyone have any leads on where to purchase this? TIA

Search on the box above for "JADA JEEP" and you'll get everything you need!

#10036 3 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

ebay.com link: itm

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

ebay.com link: itm

That may be TOO big!!! I think he wants the 1:43 scale jeep.

#10038 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yup...too big.... wrong jeep

#10039 3 years ago

You mean this one

1616667334894348749478379555059 (resized).jpg1616667334894348749478379555059 (resized).jpg
#10040 3 years ago

Search on the box above for "JADA JEEP" and you'll get everything you need!

Go to the top of this page and in the box that says "Search the Forum..." type the words "Jada Jeep 1:43" and you see all discussions of sources and installation details for the Jurassic Park mod.

#10041 3 years ago

Yikes!! Didn't even realize they came in different sizes. You're right, my bad!

#10042 3 years ago

Just got a tracking number for my Amber shooting rod from NITRO. Arrives April 1st. If you're looking for one, id visit the site and pull the trigger before they start selling for ridiculous prices again.

#10043 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Just got a tracking number for my Amber shooting rod from NITRO. Arrives April 1st. If you're looking for one, id visit the site and pull the trigger before they start selling for ridiculous prices again.

Mine arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it installed, but wish the moving T-Rex mod would arrive first, that will be way cooler.

#10044 3 years ago

Did anyone get a shipping notice on their March Premium yet? Any updates?

#10045 3 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Did anyone get a shipping notice on their March Premium yet? Any updates?

I am sure you'll see a bunch of posts here when it happens. Based on what anecdotes we have all heard, the new production units will have just started (tomorrow?) shipping to distributors and will continue over the coming weeks, which means some of the distributors with promised allocations will have their units beginning to showing up on their shipping docks by end of next week. From there, it's just another handful of days to ship to your house!

To me in Fremont california, I am guessing I will see mine April 9th.

#10046 3 years ago

Got an email today that premiums are delayed with one month (I live in Norway).

"The reason for this is that they are missing a stepper motor built in Asia. And due to heavy congestion in Chinese ports and a huge lack of containers, this product has been delayed. Stern has been hoping that they would be able to get the part before the deadline on Jurassic Park, but reported yesterday that this stepper motor is on a ship waiting to unload in Los Angeles. This means that the production of this game is moved to April. We asked Stern if there was any type of priority, but were told that no one is getting any JP premium's on their March shipments."

#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from twarr:

Got an email today that premiums are delayed with one month (I live in Norway).
"The reason for this is that they are missing a stepper motor built in Asia. And due to heavy congestion in Chinese ports and a huge lack of containers, this product has been delayed. Stern has been hoping that they would be able to get the part before the deadline on Jurassic Park, but reported yesterday that this stepper motor is on a ship waiting to unload in Los Angeles. This means that the production of this game is moved to April. We asked Stern if there was any type of priority, but were told that no one is getting any JP premium's on their March shipments."

Will see.... that sounds really odd...

#10048 3 years ago

New club member here... just got a pro. I updated the code last night to 1.3...
The lower right side GI will go out in the middle of a game sometimes, and i get a tech alert saying “ overcurrent protection” in node board 8. It did it before code update twice, and now again 2 games after update.
I have re-seated all the ethernet cables already... dies this mean i need a new node board?
I just bought it with Only 300 plays on it and i have only played 15 odd games....really disappointed... any recommendations?

#10049 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

New club member here... just got a pro. I updated the code last night to 1.3...
The lower right side GI will go out in the middle of a game sometimes, and i get a tech alert saying “ overcurrent protection” in node board 8. It did it before code update twice, and now again 2 games after update.
I have re-seated all the ethernet cables already... dies this mean i need a new node board?
I just bought it with Only 300 plays on it and i have only played 15 odd games....really disappointed... any recommendations?

Sounds like a Short in one of the bulbs, wiring or GI sockets. Its a tough arduous task to find the problem, but you’ll want to start eliminating variables like pull all the bulbs affected and see if the alert stops. Then one by one look inside the socket and below the socket to assure nothing obvious like a stray wire or piece if bent metal or a socket tab is touching something. Lastly, start plugging in bulbs till it fails while applying some vibration in the area. timlah79 went through a similar issue for his JP in January or so. It was documented pretty well in this Forum. Have a look at his exact steps to track it down.

#10050 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
Looks like I have my work cut out for me... Hope it’s something small.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,200 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/201?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.