(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,288 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,288 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 426.
#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

How do you know what Pinball Life carries is not made by the same manufacturer who supplies Stern?

When I received mine from Pinball Life they did look slightly different from those in my JP. Now whether they are from the same supplier and they've now corrected the issue I can't tell (although I doubt it) however there is definitely more material that has been pressed to hold the nub to the bracket.

#9952 3 years ago

Anyone here waiting on a NIB Premium? Curious if anyone heard a specific timeline on delivery from their distributor. Last i heard was first week in April hopefully

#9953 3 years ago

That’s what they say about EHOH and IMDN too...sooo...three older games on the line AND one new game announcement coming in a week or so...tough to say what they’ll actually get out the door over there.

Quoted from mbl1116:

Anyone here waiting on a NIB Premium? Curious if anyone heard a specific timeline on delivery from their distributor. Last i heard was first week in April hopefully

#9954 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Pinballs.com looks to have an order arriving on Mar 20th.

#9955 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

My dist says 1st week of April....which is what Stern sent out a while ago...

#9956 3 years ago

Just received this shaker motor for my JP Pro. Question.....shouldn't the capacitor have a male and female end?

thumbnail_20210316_184207 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20210316_184207 (resized).jpg
#9957 3 years ago

I actually have a question about the shaker motor. I just installed speaker lights the other day(it may be unrelated) and my shaker motor seems to be functioning different. I unplugged the lights and tried it both ways and still is acting different.

It used to have the same rumble feeling all across the board; long rumble or short rumble if it was simulating the dinosaur walking. But now when the left sling post is up then after the cutscene ends and it signals the ball coming down/ post going down, instead of doing a strong long rumble it kind of feels like a weak pulsing effect?

Also, Im using the movie code if that information helps.

#9958 3 years ago

Hey Everyone,

The lights near my flippers are inconsistently on and occasionally flicker while playing. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I just replaced a coil stop on the bottom right flipper could I have loosened a wire?

Thanks,

Dan

#9959 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I actually have a question about the shaker motor. I just installed speaker lights the other day(it may be unrelated) and my shaker motor seems to be functioning different. I unplugged the lights and tried it both ways and still is acting different.
It used to have the same rumble feeling all across the board; long rumble or short rumble if it was simulating the dinosaur walking. But now when the left sling post is up then after the cutscene ends and it signals the ball coming down/ post going down, instead of doing a strong long rumble it kind of feels like a weak pulsing effect?

Easy enough to pop in the stock SD card and check the behavior.

#9960 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Easy enough to pop in the stock SD card and check the behavior.

I havent changed the sd card in ages so that wouldn't have caused the issue. I was just mentioning I had the movie code in case the shaker triggers were different and they didnt understand what part I was referring to.

#9961 3 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Hey Everyone,
The lights near my flippers are inconsistently on and occasionally flicker while playing. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I just replaced a coil stop on the bottom right flipper could I have loosened a wire?
Thanks,
Dan

Common on all Sterns. Cheap bulbs/sockets. Change both if it bothers you that much or just do like most of us and ignore.

#9962 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

edit-nevermind me...i thought the speakers had a ground that you could of missed on install but I just checked and mine don't.

#9963 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

How do you know what Pinball Life carries is not made by the same manufacturer who supplies Stern?

Years ago I went to Pinball Life to to get replacement coil stops for my STLE. It was only a few months old. I brought the bad ones with me and showed them. At the time he said that was why he gets his elsewhere. I would assume that's still the case. You can email them if you need to. They have good customer service.

#9964 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I havent changed the sd card in ages so that wouldn't have caused the issue. I was just mentioning I had the movie code in case the shaker triggers were different and they didnt understand what part I was referring to.

Gotcha. I was thinking you just also installed the movie code too.

#9965 3 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Hey Everyone,
Thanks,
Dan

Most likely they've just twisted themselves out with all the vibration. Super simple fix. Just unscrew the 3 screws holding the plastic on and give the bulbs a turn.

#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Gotcha. I was thinking you just also installed the movie code too.

This guy wont let go of his dis on the "Movie Code".... let it go man.... u you dont like... we get it... move on

#9967 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

This guy wont let go of his dis on the "Movie Code".... let it go man.... u you dont like... we get it... move on

You let it go. I was only trying to help by suggesting if he just installed the movie code, to revert back and test. Simple troubleshooting. Chill out when someone has a different opinion than your own.

I notice you didn't try to assist, only posting when there's shit to stir?

#9968 3 years ago

No one is impressed. Everyone sees you. Everyone is annoyed.

Quoted from PoMC:

You let it go. I was only trying to help by suggesting if he just installed the movie code, to revert back and test. Simple troubleshooting. Chill out when someone has a different opinion than your own.
I notice you didn't try to assist, only posting when there's shit to stir?

#9969 3 years ago

Tell it to someone who cares?

#9970 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hi there, Just got my JP pro three weeks. Absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, the clear is starting to come up along the left edge of the right ramp. Problay half the size of a dime, with what feels like a little bit of an edge
at one corner. I’m guessing this is going to chip with much more gameplay. I know this has been widely discussed, but how much worse would it have to get to get some remedy from stern/ how much luck are people having with play field swaps on this machine?
Also, if they don’t end up doing anything, what is the best way to keep it from getting worse?
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for bringing back a redundant issue.
Thanks,
Chris
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hadn't checked on this thread in a while. After seeing this, I went and looked at mine. I have a slight ripple in the same place. They need to stop torquing the damn rails into the playfield. Jesus.

#9971 3 years ago

Tough in the thread. Bottom in bed

Quoted from PoMC:

Tell it to someone who cares?

#9972 3 years ago

Any rhyme or reason as to which escape shot in the escape nublar challenge mode will work and which ones will be called the wrong way? I was playing today and on the last paddock before the gate I
Hit the spinner...wrong way
Hit the Pteranodon ramp...wrong way
Hit the helipad ramp...wrong way
Hit the control room...wrong way
Only things left that were lit were raptor pen and chaos target. Got out with the raptor pen. Could have been my first sub 4 minute escape if I wouldn’t have hit so many wrong ways, think I ended up with 4:21.

#9973 3 years ago

PoMC With all due respect, in order to protect both myself and the pinside community, I kindly ask that you please don't make any more posts which are in reference to or in response to others' posts about the "movie code." If you have any objections to this ask, I'm more than open to fill you in offline as to why. Simply PM me if you want to discuss. Thank you in advance.

#9974 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I'm in no way an expert with the shaker but my first one was too intense and I had it replaced early on. What I will say is that the position of each "arm" in respect to the other makes a huge difference. If the two are parallel you'll get a different amount of "shake" as opposed to when they are opposite in position from one another or in some degree in between. Have you checked the shaker "arms" themselves to see if anything has come loose? Firmware version shouldn't make a difference unless Stern changed something and you're witnessing a difference b/t firmware versions. But since you said you've the same SD card in there for a while, I doubt it's software related. The only setting/software related thing I can think of for you to mess with would be the shaker settings MAX, MIN, OFF. But again it doesn't sound like you've changed anything. I suppose it could be a power related issue if you've installed mods that leverage the same circuit. I'm leaning toward the "arms" having shifted somehow or something slipping within the motor itself. Again I'm just speculating since I don't have much experience with the shaker. I haven't touched mine since it was replaced. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone else who's more experienced in how the shaker works will help you pinpoint the root cause.

#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Don't feed the trolls.

#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PoMC With all due respect, in order to protect both myself and the pinside community, I kindly ask that you please don't make any more posts which are in reference to or in response to others' posts about the "movie code." If you have any objections to this ask, I'm more than open to fill you in offline as to why. Simply PM me if you want to discuss. Thank you in advance.

With all due respect, you should create a new rule for your fan boys to follow.

Rule #96 - Don't have a seizure if someone says they don't like the project. Enjoy, play it, lay low and don't cause public drama.

I didn't sign some bullshit NDA. I bought a pinball machine and had an opinion about a mod that was included.

Big. Fucking. Deal.

#9977 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Any rhyme or reason as to which escape shot in the escape nublar challenge mode will work and which ones will be called the wrong way? I was playing today and on the last paddock before the gate I
Hit the spinner...wrong way
Hit the Pteranodon ramp...wrong way
Hit the helipad ramp...wrong way
Hit the control room...wrong way
Only things left that were lit were raptor pen and chaos target. Got out with the raptor pen. Could have been my first sub 4 minute escape if I wouldn’t have hit so many wrong ways, think I ended up with 4:21.

It's random, so there is no rhyme or reason as to which shots are escapes and which ones trigger "wrong way".

If you find this annonying, they made a competition Escape Nublar mode which effectively removes all randomness. This is the best way to track time, as each time you play it, it has the exact same objectives.

When Karl ran his Pinclash tournament, the qualifying was done with competition mode Escape Nublar Challenge.

#9978 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:With all due respect, you should create a new rule for your fan boys to follow.
Rule #96 - Don't have a seizure if someone says they don't like the project. Enjoy, play it, lay low and don't cause public drama.
I didn't sign some bullshit NDA. I bought a pinball machine and had an opinion about a mod that was included.
Big. Fucking. Deal.

What a toad.....and F bombs get you reported...

#9979 3 years ago
B615422C-021D-489D-950A-B7FC39C5CFE6 (resized).jpegB615422C-021D-489D-950A-B7FC39C5CFE6 (resized).jpeg
#9980 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

With all due respect, you should create a new rule for your fan boys to follow.
Big. Fucking. Deal.

You didn't sign anything, but the person who sold you the machine did. There's liability in distributing intellectual property you don't own and giving it a monetary value (selling you the machine). It removed the fair use claim and becomes a potential legal problem. That's the concern.
If you don't like it, that's fine. You just seem to have a weird vendetta against it. Everyone else is simply trying to defend the hard work of a fellow community member against your excessive negativity. You don't have to like it and frankly nobody cares if you do or don't. Just like they don't care if I do either. You don't see anything like your "debate" in the entirety of the preceding 200 pages of this thread.
I was sad to see your location, but living here I'm pretty sure I know your type.

#9981 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

It's random, so there is no rhyme or reason as to which shots are escapes and which ones trigger "wrong way".
If you find this annonying, they made a competition Escape Nublar mode which effectively removes all randomness. This is the best way to track time, as each time you play it, it has the exact same objectives.
When Karl ran his Pinclash tournament, the qualifying was done with competition mode Escape Nublar Challenge.

I know which rescues are initially lit are random (on standard settings) , but doesn't the wrong way stuff happen because you hit the truck and changed directions? I thought if you always hit the initially lit shots those are the fastest path, and if you move the truck the code makes you hit more shots in order to progress.

#9982 3 years ago

Yup, very easy to never hear from me again if I offend you.

#9983 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

You just seem to have a weird vendetta against it. Everyone else is simply trying to defend the hard work of a fellow community member against your excessive negativity.

Excuse me, I made ONE post giving my opinion when I first bought the game. That would've been the ONLY post about it, because why should I need to repeat myself? But all the "white knights" defending that Timlah guy are the ones at fault for continuing to draw attention to something he tries to keep on the down low. Nice work fellas!

Keep on replyin' instead of the topic dyin'.

#9984 3 years ago

Love the ignore function! Thanks for the tip

#9985 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Joining the club in a few weeks w/ a premium. It will be my first NIB, and I’m wondering what people recommended doing before (or shortly after) the first game.
I have a shaker motor, amber shooter rod, and Cliffy protectors on the way. If you don’t feel like clogging up this thread I’m happy to discuss through private messages. Any and all advice is welcome!

Who'd you order the Amber shooter rod from?

#9986 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Which pinstadiums did you go with? I'm deciding between fusions or staying simple with omegas.

Sorry just saw this. I have no idea how to enable notifications on this board. I went with the middle of the road. Whichever they are. Not the super expensive with the adjustable multi flashers but the ones just below with diffusion. Really like them!

#9987 3 years ago

Wanted to share my powder coated hardware I just got back. Was shooting for a dino skin look and I’m super pleased with how it came out

4886FA53-4F11-4484-B854-FAC1E71A12DC (resized).jpeg4886FA53-4F11-4484-B854-FAC1E71A12DC (resized).jpegA4A0EFD5-A1F2-401D-9B30-12253F24826B (resized).jpegA4A0EFD5-A1F2-401D-9B30-12253F24826B (resized).jpeg
#9988 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Who'd you order the Amber shooter rod from?

PBL has the STERN original complete lighted amber shooter kit, $139. I ordered it last weekend.

#9989 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Wanted to share my powder coated hardware I just got back. Was shooting for a dino skin look and I’m super pleased with how it came out
[quoted image][quoted image]

That may be one of the best looking powder-coated hardware sets I have ever seen. I also noticed your profile picture shows a green car too. Have you considered putting the same green dino-skin finish on your car???? LOL LOL

#9990 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

That may be one of the best looking powder-coated hardware sets I have ever seen. I also noticed your profile picture shows a green car too. Have you considered putting the same green dino-skin finish on your car???? LOL LOL

Lol no that would be different. Thank you though! It was a crapshoot on the colors, but thankfully came out just as I hoped!

#9991 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

PBL has the STERN original complete lighted amber shooter kit, $139. I ordered it last weekend.

Bummer I must of just missed it; I've been lurking the stern site for amber rod for a few months and never thought to put other vendors on my radar.

#9992 3 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

Bummer I must of just missed it; I've been lurking the stern site for amber rod for a few months and never thought to put other vendors on my radar.

I don't know if he has any left, but give Jason at Classic Game Rooms a try.

#9993 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats how I planned on doing the powder on all 3 JP's.
Looks great!
A buddy had his monster bash PC like that years ago and since I first saw it I thought it would look great as dino skin.

#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Thats how I planned on doing the powder on all 3 JP's.
Looks great!
A buddy had his monster bash PC like that years ago and since I first saw it I thought it would look great as dino skin.

Awesome! This was silver + shocker yellow. Even though it comes out green shades once baked.

#9995 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Awesome! This was silver + acid yellow. Even though it comes out green shades once baked.

I guess it a little bit different, yours is more of what I was going to go for though.
Maybe an inbetween.

Resized_20170707_212237 (resized).jpegResized_20170707_212237 (resized).jpeg

#9996 3 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

I just checked and nitro pinball has them.

#9997 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I guess it a little bit different, yours is more of what I was going to go for though.
Maybe an inbetween.
[quoted image]

I would have been very happy with that color on my JP - very similar.

#9998 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I just checked and nitro pinball has them.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! The cross border/country shipping wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

#9999 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Love the ignore function! Thanks for the tip

If I ignored everyone who drove me crazy on Pinside, all I would ever see are my own posts.

#10000 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If I ignored everyone who drove me crazy on Pinside, all I would ever see are my own posts.

LOL but this nob is worthy....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,288 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/200?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.