(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 426.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The frosted warm white sucks.

Send 'em all to me.

#902 4 years ago

I pre-ordered an LE -- very much looking forward to it.

We got one on location in Sacramento (a Pro obviously) and I got a chance to put 8 games or so on it last night.

My first impression is really favorable. There are a lot of satisfying shots from all three flippers. The shots are tight, but fair. Interestingly, I didn’t find the “O” shot (right orbit) people have been complaining about to be that bad.

The game is drainy via the outlanes but not at all SDTM. The flippers are fairly close together and all of the upper PF shots are farther up the PF than they appear on video/stream. This gives you lots of time to move the machine/slap save when you brick — and you will as the shots take some getting used to. Modes are great and they stack with each other and with Multiballs. Multiballs do not stack.

You can tell a great player designed this game. It rewards accuracy and gives the player lots of choices. Another hit for Elwin. I can see this being a staple at tournaments going forward after the code is complete.

Playfield issues aside, in the age old battle between the heavy steel ball and it's wood, plastic and rubber adversaries, my money is on the metal ball

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

At times I do think some additional lighting could help.
Go get you some pinstadiums!
Anti-pinstadium comments should appear in 3...2...1

Yep, I like to play with the lights dimmed to nearly off and from what I’ve seen in pics and streams the center of the playfield looks pretty dark. I’m going to wait until I get my machine to decide but I’m guessing I’ll be getting a Pinstadium set for it. Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I like to play with the lights dimmed to nearly off and from what I’ve seen in pics and streams the center of the playfield looks pretty dark. I’m going to wait until I get my machine to decide but I’m guessing I’ll be getting a Pinstadium set for it. Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

I typically play in a dark room as well. I haven’t had any major issues playing mine in the dark.

I wouldn’t argue with more light though.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

The game is drainy via the outlanes but not at all SDTM. The flippers are fairly close together and all of the upper PF shots are farther up the PF than they appear on video/stream. This gives you lots of time to move the machine/slap save when you brick — and you will as the shots take some getting used to.

Per Keith, this was by design. He made the outlanes wider than IMDN.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes, went with yellow and clear white in the GI added a spot on the right sling. Its fully lit up now. The frosted warm white sucks. Also added some stiprs to the back ramp and Trex
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you power your spotlight and led strips? Did you tack on to current GI or provide another source?

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm going to stream JP today at 1PM CST. I'm not a strong player,...

The truth comes out

Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

Well it's a Stern pinball machine with LEDs...it literally lights up my entire basement so I don't understand people needing more.

Quoted from yancy:

Send 'em all to me.

"We need them now, more please!"

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You heard it here first folks. Corporate hair man isnt streaming wonka any more, hes got a JP now...lol.
Seriously though, what company are you a CEO for? You look awkward in a tshirt...like you wear a suit to bed or something.

"Corporate hair?" Lol. I'll be streaming across my whole collection, right now JP is the new hotness.

Shirt looks awkward, this is true. It's a 3X and I've lost over 100lbs, so it's ridiculously too big for me.

Really puzzled about this "corporate/suit" business though, as I despise them.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Am I the only one who thinks the playfield is in serious need of additional lighting?

Old man eyes for sure

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"Corporate hair?" Lol. I'll be streaming across my whole collection, right now JP is the new hotness.
Shirt looks awkward, this is true. It's a 3X and I've lost over 100lbs, so it's ridiculously too big for me.
Really puzzled about this "corporate/suit" business though, as I despise them.

Just messing with you pal. Good stream.

#911 4 years ago

I do however find it annoying that the ball rarely makes it up the to the helipad with full plunge.

You might need to swap your plunger spring. I’ve had a couple of Sterns ship from the factory with the same issue. The springs are colour coded. You just need a different color than what’s in there (not sure what order the colours go in). Your Distro should help you out.

#912 4 years ago

Maiden also shipped with a weaker spring in the early pros, which was beefed up for LE, premium, and later pros. Which is why I rule at the super secret skill shot on mine but suck everywhere else.

#913 4 years ago

Spring tension from lowest to highest: (from pinball life)
------------------------------------------
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Red (10-148-2)

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Red (10-148-2)

That’s the ticket.....check which colour is in JP and ask for the next colour up.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

How did you power your spotlight and led strips? Did you tack on to current GI or provide another source?

Onto the GI.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Old man eyes for sure

Nah its the frosted warm white, only a well known jackass would think those look good.

#917 4 years ago

Jurassic Park: Stern GameBlades
Just installed these on my pin.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

Jurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-01 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-01 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-03 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-03 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-05 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-05 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-06 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-06 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-07 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-07 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-04 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-04 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-08 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-08 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-09 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Stern-GameBlades-09 (resized).jpg
#919 4 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Jurassic Park: Stern GameBlades
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where is the full view shot? Just tight angles?

I like them.

#920 4 years ago
20190829_200224 (resized).jpg20190829_200224 (resized).jpg
#921 4 years ago

Black Knight looks pretty good to me. I'll take both, I have both. I think its called a "menage et trois".

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#922 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Black Knight looks pretty good to me. I'll take both, I have both. I think its called a "menage et trois".[quoted image]

Black knight is terrible and was a complete failure especially for Stern. That picture illustrates perfectly what's going on. JP is like maiden but a better theme

#923 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Coin Door Accents

Pinball-Accent-Door-Mod-02 (resized).jpgPinball-Accent-Door-Mod-02 (resized).jpg
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Red (10-148-2)

That's very interesting because my owners manual lists orange as the spring that comes with it, but theres a green in my game..... sheeeeesh.....no wonder the damn ball doesnt make it up.... That's 2 colors stiffer!

#925 4 years ago

Jurassic Park GameBlades and Flipper Toppers
By Tilt Graphics Inc.
56da9da1-f306-4916-a027-b387a98f2967 (resized).JPG56da9da1-f306-4916-a027-b387a98f2967 (resized).JPG

#926 4 years ago

nice thanks!

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Black knight is terrible and was a complete failure especially for Stern. That picture illustrates perfectly what's going on. JP is like maiden but a better theme

Maiden is a great theme and BK3 is an amazing pin.

#928 4 years ago

Our Stern Jurassic Park GameBlades are currently on sale for a week.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Our Stern Jurassic Park GameBlades are currently on sale for a week.

Buying a set right now!

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

I always use blue loctite.

#931 4 years ago

Also, if anyone cares, my pro had very slight pooling around 1 of the small sling posts. Washers on large sling posts, but zero pooling. I have installed washers under my small posts as a precaution. My 2 cents worth, none of the 4 posts were very tight. Perhaps the looseness of the posts, coupled with the tension of the rubber, is allowing the posts to pull or tilt inwards ever so slightly, causing the ripple in the clear? Please, no bashing stern, or jjp references. I'm just offering my thoughts to other owners

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

I think we figured this out when we unscrewed the upper-flipper under the playfield.

As you can see, all the "silver thingies" (I don't know what they're called but they're there for screws to be input into them) have a little SCREW screwed over them, so that it won't move as much. You can see a number of them in the picture I took here. But if you look at the one right above the coil, that's basically the bottom of that post that keeps getting loose and it does NOT have a screw over it. Not sure if this was just missed on the assembly line or what (it's located UNDER the flipper coil, so hard to see) but we just added our own little screw over it and voila, problem solved. Hope this helps.
IMG_2386 (resized).JPGIMG_2386 (resized).JPG

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I always use blue loctite.

This didn't even hold for us. Sounds like red loctite might be in order. I haven't sourced a post yet that will extrude below the play field surface to put a lock nut on. Has anyone else found one?

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

This didn't even hold for us. Sounds like red loctite might be in order. I haven't sourced a post yet that will extrude below the play field surface to put a lock nut on. Has anyone else found one?

Hopefully there’s room to fit one under the flipper mech. Anyone tried this? Otherwise wouldn’t be hard to drill a hole in the flipper plate.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I think we figured this out when we unscrewed the upper-flipper under the playfield.
As you can see, all the "silver thingies" (I don't know what they're called but they're there for screws to be input into them) have a little SCREW screwed over them, so that it won't move as much. You can see a number of them in the picture I took here. But if you look at the one right above the coil, that's basically the bottom of that post that keeps getting loose and it does NOT have a screw over it. Not sure if this was just missed on the assembly line or what (it's located UNDER the flipper coil, so hard to see) but we just added our own little screw over it and voila, problem solved. Hope this helps.
[quoted image]

Will try that first together with locktite.

#936 4 years ago

My Pro is now delayed and I kind of like that.

Speculating

#937 4 years ago

LEs start shipping 2nd - 3rd week Sept.

#938 4 years ago

Blue Loctite didn't work for me - it only lasted a day or two. So far red has lasted at least two days.

I like this idea of the missing screw. I'll check that out.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Blue Loctite didn't work for me - it only lasted a day or two. So far red has lasted at least two days.
I like this idea of the missing screw. I'll check that out.

This screw just keeps the T-nut from spinning when torquing down the posts, installing it won’t help.

#940 4 years ago

I read somewhere that one wizard mode is in the game, but that doesn’t appear to be the case, as I got to the visitors center tonight and nothing happened. Couldn’t even play anymore Dino/rescue missions.

Oh well, time to wait for more code. So many shots in this game it’s crazy. Amazing shooting game.

#941 4 years ago

Joined the club! Through some quick pinsider magic, got one today.

Had an unfornately long computer battle to get it updated. I eventually beasted it out and won the war of progress bars.

Only ended up getting a couple games in but I'm obviously loving it.

Getting a lot of raptor tower ramp rejects and my plunger is too weak to consistently plunge its ramp. Going to investigate those tomorrow. (any pointers?)

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to figuring out the game. Certainly wasn't expecting to get a new game today but it's looking like it's going to be a fun holiday weekend. Took off tomorrow. Coffee and dinos are on the breakfast menu.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This screw just keeps the T-nut from spinning when torquing down the posts, installing it won’t help.

If not red loctite, then the best solution is to drill a large hole in the flipper mech plate and install a longer bolt with a lock nut, the way all posts should be installed.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Joined the club! Through some quick pinsider magic, got one today.
Had an unfornately long computer battle to get it updated. I eventually beasted it out and won the war of progress bars.
Only ended up getting a couple games in but I'm obviously loving it.
Getting a lot of left ramp rejects and my plunger is too weak to consistently plunge the ramp. Going to investigate those tomorrow. (any pointers?)
Otherwise I'm really looking forward to figuring out the game. Certainly wasn't expecting to get a new game today but it's looking like it's going to be a fun holiday weekend. Took off tomorrow. Coffee and dinos are on the breakfast menu.

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange...... looks like we may just need stiffer springs??

Edit: you mean your flipper is too weak to get up the guard tower ramp? Or your plunger is too weak to get up to the helipad on ball launch?

#944 4 years ago

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange...... looks like we may just need stiffer springs??
Edit: you mean your flipper is too weak to get up the raptor pen ramp? Or your plunger is too weak to get up to the helipad on ball launch?

I did briefly look at the plunger. I have a green spring as well. Full plunge barely makes it up the 180 ramp. Not very consistent at all. The other pro I played this was basically a gimmie.

As for the side ramp, I don't think it's a power thing. I managed to make it a couple times, but also had a lot of solid shots that seemed like that should be good get rejected. Could certainly be I haven't really found the shot yet, but I’m still going to give it a look.

#945 4 years ago

Jurassic Park "Stern" Lockdown Bar Accent

Lockdown-Bar-Accent-Mod-04 (resized).jpgLockdown-Bar-Accent-Mod-04 (resized).jpgLockdown-Bar-Accent-Mod-05 (resized).jpgLockdown-Bar-Accent-Mod-05 (resized).jpg
#946 4 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:Jurassic Park: Stern GameBlades
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern[quoted image]

This is exactly what I was hoping someone would come up with..!!! Just placed my order

#947 4 years ago

Linky no workie workie.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Linky no workie workie.

Linky worky finey.

#949 4 years ago

Anyone know what this is? It fell out of my T-Rex ramp, where the ball exits the back board. It doesn't look important, but I don't know.

KIMG1765 (resized).JPGKIMG1765 (resized).JPG
#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anyone know what this is? It fell out of my T-Rex ramp, where the ball exits the back board. It doesn't look important, but I don't know.[quoted image]

It’s a Dino diaphragm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/19?hl=johndeere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.