(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 424.
#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

https://xianek.eu/
he is doing really nice work

I tried, but couldn't find the JP apron in there, and I can't figure out why you would put a giant bouncing pinball blocking half the text

#9902 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The game is awesome and can stand on its own without alternate video/audio trying to make the game into something it is not.

Exactly. The game is fantastic and to bastardize it is a complete waste of time.

#9903 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. The game is fantastic and to bastardize it is a complete waste of time.

Weren't you gluing plastic trees to yours? Some might call that bastardizing and some might like it. You don't have to take a dump in someone's Cheerios just because they don't like the same things you like.

#9904 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

In the very small minority.....

#9905 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Weren't you gluing plastic trees to yours? Some might call that bastardizing and some might like it. You don't have to take a dump in someone's Cheerios just because they don't like the same things you like.

Like ALL of pinside does when a new game is released? Or like everyone pissing all over a game a designer and a company worked hard on?

Give me a fucking break. I can criticize and have an opinion just like anyone else around here.

Did you waste your time on the movie code? Nope. So why do you care so hard about what I think?

#9906 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Like ALL of pinside does when a new game is released? Or like everyone pissing all over a game a designer and a company worked hard on?
Give me a fucking break. I can criticize and have an opinion just like anyone else around here.
Did you waste your time on the movie code? Nope. So why do you care so hard about what I think?

I could give two shits what you think. I just find it amusing that you have your panties in a knot because someone wanted to change the call outs and videos on their game.

#9907 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I could give two shits what you think. I just find it amusing that you have your panties in a knot because someone wanted to change the call outs and videos on their game.

Going with the classic "panties in a knot" instead of the oldy but goody, "Sand in your vagina"?

Always funny seeing guys type that and thinking they're really emasculating a fella with that comment. Good for you!

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Going with the classic "panties in a knot" instead of the oldy but goody, "Sand in your vagina"?
Always funny seeing guys type that and thinking they're really emasculating a fella with that comment. Good for you!

Sounds like this is a reoccurring theme for you.....

#9909 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I'm about to get my first machine ever. What is the purpose of these things, just protection for weak components/areas? The pinball equivalent of a phone case? The website has no indicator of price and that would be a large part of whether it's "worth it", so do you have a rough price range that you know of?

Each of the pieces is targetted at a specific issue: wear spots, clearcoat damage/chipping or to make ball rolling smoother. Some spots are more prone to become damaged over time. The bigger carbon fiber peices help make half pipe metal ramp shots cleaner. The post CF washer protects the playfield at the tip of the upper right flipper, which WILL be damaged after enough balls are smashed into it. The Shooter lane set prevents the ball feed from the trough from becoming a divet and turning dark with oil stains, And the outlane protectors prevent the wear of the wood edges near the roll-over swicthes.

Cliff can shoot you a price. In my opinion, the MUST have 3 pieces are the post CF washer and the shooter lane set (left and right), but the others are nice to have too if you wish to keep the machine in pristine condition.

#9910 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This guy can’t leave it alone! Lol sad and lonely

#9911 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let's agree to disagree. It is definitely not based on the movie but on an alternate series of events that would have happened at about the same time. Think movie reboot/alternate timeline. Trying to shoehorn movie characters(the kids, Malcom, Grant, etc) in this game makes no sense with the actual similar but ALTERNATE adventure going on under the glass. Nedry had plans to steal embryos whether Dr Grant and the others showed up at all or not. This is what would have happened if nobody was visiting the island at that time. Nedry would still wreak havoc on the security system in order to steal the embryos. The folks that run the island are there(Hammond, Nedry, Muldoon, etc) of course. The other visiting characters are not.
The game is awesome and can stand on its own without alternate video/audio trying to make the game into something it is not.
For those people that just can't get passed the original movie then the audio/video clips make it more familiar. It doesn't mean better. I like both original and alternate and switch my SD card once in a while.

Agreed that the pin stands on it's own apart from the movie, but if you've ever seen the movie (or if you are a fanboy of the franchise) you cannot help but logically relate the two from the various assets that are utilized in the pin theme. There are other franchises that do spinoffs with alternate characters and storylines within the same timeline (The Matrix and Star Wars both come to mind), but I don't necessarily like them even though I love the original franchises. Regardless, JP is a great pin on its own and well executed in a multitude of ways.

#9912 3 years ago

hello! I have recently noticed after catching the first dinosaur (doesn't matter if it the left or right one) the paddock light on the playfield doesn't go solid and advance. It keeps flashing as if I never caught him....anyone ever experience this? Thanks!

#9913 3 years ago

You’ve got to hit white shots to light the next paddock at the left ramp

Quoted from khizzlekougs:

hello! I have recently noticed after catching the first dinosaur (doesn't matter if it the left or right one) the paddock light on the playfield doesn't go solid and advance. It keeps flashing as if I never caught him....anyone ever experience this? Thanks!

#9914 3 years ago

Would anyone have any interest in a Hammond Cane Topper shooter? I've been making JP Hammond canes and Gear Shifts for a while and was curious if it would be something people would want for their pins? These are hand made with a real crane fly and hand painted and weathered to be as close to movie accurate as possible. Thanks I'm advance

received_1146219459088163 (resized).jpegreceived_1146219459088163 (resized).jpeg
#9915 3 years ago
Quoted from Zombiehunter47:

Would anyone have any interest in a Hammond Cane Topper shooter? I've been making JP Hammond canes and Gear Shifts for a while and was curious if it would be something people would want for their pins? These are hand made with a real crane fly and hand painted and weathered to be as close to movie accurate as possible. Thanks I'm advance
[quoted image]

It is definitely a good idea. There are already at least a couple similar versions made and they do look good on the machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/46#post-5269747

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/50#post-5286619

#9916 3 years ago
Quoted from Zombiehunter47:

[quoted image]

I’m interested. Feel free to PM me with price and details.

#9917 3 years ago

A coil stop bit the dust last night. 660 games played. I had three waiting for the day it happened. Curious what amount of games others had at the time of failure.

#9918 3 years ago

I pull Stern coil stops and replace day one.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

A coil stop bit the dust last night. 660 games played. I had three waiting for the day it happened. Curious what amount of games others had at the time of failure.

#9919 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I figured I’d get my far share of play out of them before I replaced them

#9920 3 years ago

I hear ya, they’re all bad from the factory so I just yank em before they get metal dust all inside the cab.

I figured I’d get my far share of play out of them before I replaced them

#9921 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

You’re not asking me, but I have them on my JP Prem and they’re a game-changer. They also reduce glare significantly so I did them instead of HD / low glare glass, and killed two birds with the same stone. Definitely made the price easier to swallow
Customer service is top notch too. I bought a second set for Elvira and will likely buy a third for Black Knight once it comes.

Which pinstadiums did you go with? I'm deciding between fusions or staying simple with omegas.

#9922 3 years ago

I think mine went around 450'ish games

#9923 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I think mine went around 450'ish games

I was curious. It seemed that mine might have been lasting longer than others. I was starting to think maybe I had a good batch of stops..... not so much. It’s an easy fix at least

#9924 3 years ago

I was curious. It seemed that mine might have been lasting longer than others. I was starting to think maybe I had a good batch of stops..... not so much. It’s an easy fix at least

I don't understand this deal with the coil stops - I had some dust and replaced mine. However, the stop is just that L-shaped metal thingy on the end. What makes the factory Stern ones crappy vs. the replacements? I also replaced the internal tube/sleeve thing. Just seems like kind of a simply, low-tech thing to be failing.

#9925 3 years ago

Our game is up to 1100 plays, no coils stop issues.

#9926 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I don't understand this deal with the coil stops - I had some dust and replaced mine. However, the stop is just that L-shaped metal thingy on the end. What makes the factory Stern ones crappy vs. the replacements? I also replaced the internal tube/sleeve thing. Just seems like kind of a simply, low-tech thing to be failing.

The rivet/bump on the coil stop has had issues with coming loose. Happened on my JP2 but so far so good on my AIQ. This post shows what it looks like when it completely comes off, but it can cause problems for the flipper even if the rivet just becomes loose.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/48#post-5275530

And yes the coil sleeves/tubes can get dirty over time and cause some slight loss of power in the flipper so replacing them occasionally with clean ones helps.

#9927 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

While coil stops will wear down over time due to the pounding they endure from the plunger and need to be replaced over time, the Stern ones actually fail. The coil stop nub (cylindrical part that goes in the end of the sleeve) is attached to the coil stop bracket, however there is a brass collar that separates the 2 components to stop the bracket becoming magnetised. The nub and brass collar are pressed into the bracket as part of the manufacturing process however with the Stern coil stops this fixture is not able to withstand the continual impact of the plunger and eventually the nub loosens in the bracket and will eventually break off from the bracket. This is possibly because the nub and collar aren't long enough where they go through the bracket and it limits the amount of material holding the bracket after being pressed.

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where do you order?

#9929 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where do you order?

Pinball Life

#9930 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The rivet/bump on the coil stop has had issues with coming loose. Happened on my JP2 but so far so good on my AIQ. This post shows what it looks like when it completely comes off, but it can cause problems for the flipper even if the rivet just becomes loose.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/48#post-5275530
And yes the coil sleeves/tubes can get dirty over time and cause some slight loss of power in the flipper so replacing them occasionally with clean ones helps.

Interesting, thanks for explaining...

#9931 3 years ago

Marco / Pinball life...depends on what else I need in the order. They are all made better than Sterns.

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where do you order?

#9932 3 years ago

Are you sure? It’s not so obvious until it gets real bad. Most of the time the stops wear down slightly over time slowly robbing power from the flippers. It’s so gradual that you may not even notice. If you see any metal dust in the cabinet it’s time to replace IMO.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our game is up to 1100 plays, no coils stop issues.

#9933 3 years ago

FINALLY got to visitor center. Just had to commit to completing paddocks, controlling the ball, and staying on the perimeter. So fun and intense!!!

F6099073-9C65-4D01-87F1-5FB30DD9E2C2 (resized).jpegF6099073-9C65-4D01-87F1-5FB30DD9E2C2 (resized).jpeg
#9935 3 years ago

You guys might already know this, but found out that the legacy collection raptors fit perfectly in place of the plastic one and are more movie/ jp1 era accurate. Toy set comes with two raptors, Hammond, and Dr. Sattler. Then scored a nice deal on hand made miniature jungle bushes/foliage that never got used from Ebay. Combined they make for great little mod! I apologize if the image quality is poor. C09AE211-E4AB-4F8B-9060-2C5F7CE9575C (resized).jpegC09AE211-E4AB-4F8B-9060-2C5F7CE9575C (resized).jpeg

52F69632-D1FF-4B63-BD78-15B36A9FCF97 (resized).jpeg52F69632-D1FF-4B63-BD78-15B36A9FCF97 (resized).jpeg
#9936 3 years ago

Finally got to Escape from Nublar and ESCAPED! ( yes, glass on normal tilt haha ) WHEW! What a game...my heart is pounding out of my chest.

8A83A73C-E257-4451-AB92-E91B9C068C5E (resized).jpeg8A83A73C-E257-4451-AB92-E91B9C068C5E (resized).jpeg8EBA0EE4-6D19-45FE-9E74-461C0675FAD0 (resized).jpeg8EBA0EE4-6D19-45FE-9E74-461C0675FAD0 (resized).jpeg
#9938 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Finally got to Escape from Nublar and ESCAPED! ( yes, glass on normal tilt haha ) WHEW! What a game...my heart is pounding out of my chest.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's sooo much fun on this pin! Congrats! I did only reach that once (on regular play) and didn't make it... Next step for you: finish vc, mm, scr, en again and play wdrte! Still much to do... Woohoo

#9939 3 years ago

Not sure I’ll ever get there...’wdrte’ is like ‘RTTH’ on IMDN...seemingly impossible and I consider myself a pretty good player.

Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

That's sooo much fun on this pin! Congrats! I did only reach that once (on regular play) and didn't make it... Next step for you: finish vc, mm, scr, en again and play wdrte! Still much to do... Woohoo

#9940 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep those are the ones I bought

ordered 6

#9941 3 years ago

Found these parts in the bottom of my pro that I just got. Any ideas where they are from. They were in from of the cabinet.

2021-03-15_19-21-34 (resized).png2021-03-15_19-21-34 (resized).png
#9942 3 years ago

Coin mech spring I suppose.

IMG_20210315_192903325 (resized).jpgIMG_20210315_192903325 (resized).jpg
#9943 3 years ago

Joining the club in a few weeks w/ a premium. It will be my first NIB, and I’m wondering what people recommended doing before (or shortly after) the first game.

I have a shaker motor, amber shooter rod, and Cliffy protectors on the way. If you don’t feel like clogging up this thread I’m happy to discuss through private messages. Any and all advice is welcome!

#9944 3 years ago

Shooter lane protector.

Quoted from mbl1116:

Joining the club in a few weeks w/ a premium. It will be my first NIB, and I’m wondering what people recommended doing before (or shortly after) the first game.
I have a shaker motor, amber shooter rod, and Cliffy protectors on the way. If you don’t feel like clogging up this thread I’m happy to discuss through private messages. Any and all advice is welcome!

#9945 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Congrats, only have had mine for 3 weeks and just under 500M is my best...well done!

#9946 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Are you sure? It’s not so obvious until it gets real bad. Most of the time the stops wear down slightly over time slowly robbing power from the flippers. It’s so gradual that you may not even notice. If you see any metal dust in the cabinet it’s time to replace IMO.

Yep, I am sure. No metal underneath the flippers and all the flippers still work great. Our Munsters had coil stop issues, we just replaced the coils stops and sleeves. Easy.

#9947 3 years ago

Yep, I am sure. No metal underneath the flippers and all the flippers still work great. Our Munsters had coil stop issues, we just replaced the coils stops and sleeves. Easy.

How do you know what Pinball Life carries is not made by the same manufacturer who supplies Stern?

#9948 3 years ago

Wow, must’ve got lucky... I replaced coil stops on EHOH, IMDN prem and JP recently.

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

How do you know what Pinball Life carries is not made by the same manufacturer who supplies Stern?

I do not know where Pinball Life buy their stuff from.

If something is broken, I just fix it. We keep around 20 Stern flipper kits and we have purchased them from different suppliers. I can tell you that every coil stop we have replaced has never come apart like the faulty ones you see in these threads.

#9950 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow, must’ve got lucky... I replaced coil stops on EHOH, IMDN prem and JP recently.

I think we have been lucky. I was reading about the issues so I have been rebuilding the flippers before we sell a game. I want to make sure we keep a good reputation as a seller. Munsters has been our only game with crapped out coil stops.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/199?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.