(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,283 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 426.
#9801 3 years ago

Relax fella. No one is coming to take away your precious movie code. I’m saying I think it’s the shits, but you can still use and enjoy the code, ok?

I do enjoy breaking the “rules” by streaming it for people to check out though.

#9802 3 years ago

I just got Jurassic Park Premium as my first pinball machine. I'm loving it.

After doing a bunch of reading on the forum I was a little concerned about the quality of a new-in-box pinball machine. Knock on wood, so far so good. I haven't noticed any pooling on the playfield and everything is working.

This could be the beginning of an addictive and expensive hobby.

#9803 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

I just got Jurassic Park Premium as my first pinball machine. I'm loving it.
After doing a bunch of reading on the forum I was a little concerned about the quality of a new-in-box pinball machine. Knock on wood, so far so good. I haven't noticed any pooling on the playfield and everything is working.
This could be the beginning of an addictive and expensive hobby.

Great to hear! Yes, only a small percentage of issues right out of the box.

#9804 3 years ago

Congrats. One of the first things I did with mine was lower the power settings on trough eject to 150. Then tweaked the slings, pops, and flippers. My auto launch is fine at factory. Now get that 4 way combo down to light up and rip that spinner

#9805 3 years ago

$7 set of jungle trees and a $8 raptor adds a lot of visual appeal and scale.

1494010F-1104-42A6-8FC8-8EA2A8E2609D (resized).jpeg1494010F-1104-42A6-8FC8-8EA2A8E2609D (resized).jpeg6EEC93AF-9509-4A00-A5C5-FF267FD05DBB (resized).jpeg6EEC93AF-9509-4A00-A5C5-FF267FD05DBB (resized).jpeg7D690832-A98E-4571-ACE9-8D0E049AF39F (resized).jpeg7D690832-A98E-4571-ACE9-8D0E049AF39F (resized).jpegA012944F-C1DF-4D70-9CCE-6B3A1B3B2F82 (resized).jpegA012944F-C1DF-4D70-9CCE-6B3A1B3B2F82 (resized).jpegA21F5B75-5EF5-4642-A642-D647A52CD038 (resized).jpegA21F5B75-5EF5-4642-A642-D647A52CD038 (resized).jpegDB739AF4-0603-4965-89F6-9F5B2B7934DE (resized).jpegDB739AF4-0603-4965-89F6-9F5B2B7934DE (resized).jpegE79FA059-2034-4DF0-A7A5-78B9DD188565 (resized).jpegE79FA059-2034-4DF0-A7A5-78B9DD188565 (resized).jpeg
#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$8 raptor adds a lot of visual appeal and scale.

Do you have a link? Thanks.

#9807 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

You’re not asking me, but I have them on my JP Prem and they’re a game-changer. They also reduce glare significantly so I did them instead of HD / low glare glass, and killed two birds with the same stone. Definitely made the price easier to swallow

Customer service is top notch too. I bought a second set for Elvira and will likely buy a third for Black Knight once it comes.

#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I bought them before my game is here... have them on Munsters and Batman...

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I bought the trees and raptor from Michael's. Both should be easily found elsewhere though.

#9811 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I use them on most of my games, but do not have them installed on JP.

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Here's mine w/PinStadiums.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9813 3 years ago

I’m working on my helicopter and was going to add a light that is connected to the flasher; what voltage are the flashers? 12v?

#9814 3 years ago

-

#9815 3 years ago

Took these pics for my wife so she knew what she was looking for when buying them.

Quoted from gripwhip:

57761686-4587-4443-9474-675922AFB6D8 (resized).jpeg57761686-4587-4443-9474-675922AFB6D8 (resized).jpegD0A15975-E17A-4C1D-8905-925A6789816E (resized).jpegD0A15975-E17A-4C1D-8905-925A6789816E (resized).jpegE78EECC8-6541-4704-A624-A82BDE8A1669 (resized).jpegE78EECC8-6541-4704-A624-A82BDE8A1669 (resized).jpeg

#9816 3 years ago

I know what this deleted post likely said, and I completely agree with you. But I'm gonna listen to Momma's advice and not stoop to anyone's level with a response. But yeah...we're psychically connected on this one.

#9817 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know what this deleted post likely said, and I completely agree with you. But I'm gonna listen to Momma's advice and not stoop to anyone's level with a response. But yeah...we're psychically connected on this one.

LOL, I was imagining what it said, and I almost made a post myself but figured I'd go say hi to NJ peeps in the for sale thread instead .

#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I’m working on my helicopter and was going to add a light that is connected to the flasher; what voltage are the flashers? 12v?

They are low voltage (I use the Comet 6.3v LEDs/strips) to connect to the "flasher" SMD PCB.

#9819 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look very nice, what did you use to keep them in place?

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Yeah man...if everything is set up properly, my guess is that it’s more likely the opto itself than a short in a wire, but anything is possible. I used to work with photo cells and both sides definitely had to be lined up perfectly on those or you had problems. Is there a chance one side of the black opto is slightly askew or dirty? With a standard photo cell you could adjust the sensitivity, and ambient lighting and reflections were definitely a factor when setting. If that’s true with these opto boards, it would make sense to me that it acts differently when the pf is up or down if the sensitivity is slightly off. But I don’t remember seeing any adjustment screw on these and have no idea if there’s an option in the menu somewhere. I’d call Stern if an expert doesn’t chime in here. Very curious now to see what turns out to be the issue here. GL.

So, my best guess, after much fiddling with & testing is the the opto board is bad. Specifically the opto that senses left face truck. I retouched all solder joints on the board. Same results. Another inconsistent clue. So it works with pf up, I turn off the machine, lower pf, the opto senses left face truck one time, then no good. So, where can I get the board? Or even just the opto? I think pinball life has the correct opto. But I can't locate the board.

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Those look very nice, what did you use to keep them in place?

Little dabs of hot glue from a glue gun.

#9822 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

So, my best guess, after much fiddling with & testing is the the opto board is bad. Specifically the opto that senses left face truck. I retouched all solder joints on the board. Same results. Another inconsistent clue. So it works with pf up, I turn off the machine, lower pf, the opto senses left face truck one time, then no good. So, where can I get the board? Or even just the opto? I think pinball life has the correct opto. But I can't locate the board.

I had the exact behavior you are describing but in the t rex mouth. Turned out it was one of the wires connecting the opto board to the connector. It was pinched or shorted. Test all the wires for continuity. You “may” find your problem there.

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I bought these in 12V ->
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889333164.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7cbf4c4d8KQm52

Usually they work in a wide range of Voltages. Like, I currently have a red 3mm inside the helicopter from lighthouseleds ->
https://lighthouseleds.com/3mm-12v-pre-wired-led-red-ultra-bright-15-000-mcd.html

And as you can see, they work with many voltages. And....lighthouseleds is really just getting them from china...I have both now and they look the exact same but lighthouse sells at a large markup.

Anyway, I am planning on hooking up 2 yellow lights inside the helicopter (tied to the yellow flasher) but have been lazy. Maybe I'll do it today!

You can buy 5V from aliexpress, but if you buy the 12V, you don't have to worry about blowing out the LED if you connect it to a 12V socket later.

Though...I have a multimeter...I should have checked the voltage on the board first but...whatever.

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I had the exact behavior you are describing but in the t rex mouth. Turned out it was one of the wires connecting the opto board to the connector. It was pinched or shorted. Test all the wires for continuity. You “may” find your problem there.

I will check that. Those wires are strung tight together with wire ties! Thanks.

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Order a new trough light from lermods since your is on the dimmer side and change your green strip in the back to warm white strip from lermods also. I think with those two strips you will have a much brighter game. Thats whats done to his table. He also has all the GI replaced with 5v comet bulbs. The game pushes 5v to sockets and with the stock 6.4v bulbs Stern uses they dont get pushed to full potential. The 5v don't make a big difference but for $20 for 30 bulbs and about 40 minutes time can change them all out. Most of the bulbs can be pulled from below. Man wish i could just swing over and help you out, soon enough!

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I will check that. Those wires are strung tight together with wire ties! Thanks.

The challenge will be that it works when the of is in the up position. If it is intermittent when up you should be able to diagnose. Otherwise it’s going to be a trick. Maybe you’ll get enough clearance when the pf is partially out resting on those rubber feet on the end rail. Obviously do that with power off!

#9827 3 years ago

Anyone have this issue on IMDN prem/Le?:

If I end a game with a ball locked in the sarcophagus the ball will then roll under the ramp as usual but will not kick out until I hit the start button triggering a ball search. All switches work fine in gameplay.

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I bought these in 12V ->
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889333164.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7cbf4c4d8KQm52
Usually they work in a wide range of Voltages. Like, I currently have a red 3mm inside the helicopter from lighthouseleds ->
https://lighthouseleds.com/3mm-12v-pre-wired-led-red-ultra-bright-15-000-mcd.html
And as you can see, they work with many voltages. And....lighthouseleds is really just getting them from china...I have both now and they look the exact same but lighthouse sells at a large markup.
Anyway, I am planning on hooking up 2 yellow lights inside the helicopter (tied to the yellow flasher) but have been lazy. Maybe I'll do it today!
You can buy 5V from aliexpress, but if you buy the 12V, you don't have to worry about blowing out the LED if you connect it to a 12V socket later.
Though...I have a multimeter...I should have checked the voltage on the board first but...whatever.

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I’ve been looking at this helicopter mechanism; how does it work?

The bottom side of the pin has a magnet but I can’t see how that would detect the rotor rotations... Can someone explain?

I was thinking of a hall-sensor, but that would require 2 magnets...

#9829 3 years ago

Need a little help with the truck. It wasn't spinning as freely as it used to so I removed it, cleaned it, applied a touch of lub and reinstalled. Now a truck hit doesn't register. I reseated the little board connection below it, but still it is not registering.

Has anyone else run in to this? Any idea's on a fix?

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Little dabs of hot glue from a glue gun.

Thanks, just got back from Michael's. Raptor, trees, cheapie gun low temp glue gun and and pack of glue sticks...$18 w/a 20% coupon.

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

The challenge will be that it works when the of is in the up position. If it is intermittent when up you should be able to diagnose. Otherwise it’s going to be a trick. Maybe you’ll get enough clearance when the pf is partially out resting on those rubber feet on the end rail. Obviously do that with power off!

Continuality is fine.
Yeah. Checking this with the pf down is impossible. It needs to be on. I'm not in the mood for a coin door zapping. Lol. I just need a known working board or opto, and take it from there. So where to get one?

#9832 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks, just got back from Michael's. Raptor, trees, cheapie gun low temp glue gun and and pack of glue sticks...$18 w/a 20% coupon.

Nice! Post pics when you're finished.

#9833 3 years ago

I just noticed 2 dimples at the same spot right in front of the lower flippers. However one of them is chipping. Anyone else experience anything like this? Thanks!

C2B24CC8-8479-418E-9163-B88B12619FD4 (resized).jpegC2B24CC8-8479-418E-9163-B88B12619FD4 (resized).jpegCBF43E10-66A6-4391-9689-7B66CE798BF0 (resized).jpegCBF43E10-66A6-4391-9689-7B66CE798BF0 (resized).jpeg
#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

I just noticed 2 dimples at the same spot right in front of the lower flippers. However one of them is chipping. Anyone else experience anything like this? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like dried wax to me.

#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Need a little help with the truck. It wasn't spinning as freely as it used to so I removed it, cleaned it, applied a touch of lub and reinstalled. Now a truck hit doesn't register. I reseated the little board connection below it, but still it is not registering.
Has anyone else run in to this? Any idea's on a fix?

Make sure you didn’t accidentally install the lower “fan” piece upside down when you put it back together. Easy to do...

Quoted from Slogan1111:

Continuality is fine.
Yeah. Checking this with the pf down is impossible. It needs to be on. I'm not in the mood for a coin door zapping. Lol. I just need a known working board or opto, and take it from there. So where to get one?

If it actually is a wire short, carefully jiggling the wires with the pf up and in test mode should confirm. Continuity, same thing. Must jiggle the wire to know for sure. No need to have the pf lowered to test this.

#9836 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

Flipper alignment holes, and I agree that it looks like dried wax.
Grab a toothpick and clean them out.

#9837 3 years ago

EDIT: All Modded Copters are sold. Thank you.

#9838 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Same.

#9839 3 years ago

Anyone here have superbands on there slings? 2.5 feels really tight....

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I never use anything other than rubber on slings for this exact reason.

#9841 3 years ago

Those are flipper alignment holes. There is dried wax in them. Give it a wipe.

Quoted from DMVPin:

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Make sure you didn’t accidentally install the lower “fan” piece upside down when you put it back together. Easy to do...

If it actually is a wire short, carefully jiggling the wires with the pf up and in test mode should confirm. Continuity, same thing. Must jiggle the wire to know for sure. No need to have the pf lowered to test this.

Jiggling the wire doesn't trip it. Plugging it out & in does. That's why I resoldered connections on the opto board. Continuality is good between the connectors. Hopefully it's not a problem at the node board?

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I do on a few other games and yeah they can be a bear to get on the flipper. But try this, spray the inside of the band with a little glass cleaner to lube it. Then I start at the flipper tip and use two thumbs to push back and downward on the other end of the superband to get it over the back of the flipper edge.

#9844 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Those are flipper alignment holes. There is dried wax in them. Give it a wipe.

That's funny. Yeah, just get a toothpick or something and poke down through the holes to remove the wax.

#9845 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's funny. Yeah, just get a toothpick or something and poke down through the holes to remove the wax.

Awesome thanks, that looks like what it was. Still have a little bit way down in there I need to get out but looks much better so far!

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

Awesome thanks, that looks like what it was. Still have a little bit way down in there I need to get out but looks much better so far!

A puff of canned air or very thin/stiff wire would probably do the trick.

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Jiggling the wire doesn't trip it. Plugging it out & in does. That's why I resoldered connections on the opto board. Continuality is good between the connectors. Hopefully it's not a problem at the node board?

Ok. If you’ve determined it’s not a wire short, and it is set up properly, than it would have to be the board/opto imo. See pics below. Small gap when fan is out of opto. If not, maybe something bent/mounting issue? Fan is closer to side of opto marked “S” on top. This shouldn’t matter, but last ditch...If all is well here, I’d open a ticket with Stern and/or call them for a board. GL.

608D051A-6B29-40DE-9F94-1F8657A3D3CC (resized).jpeg608D051A-6B29-40DE-9F94-1F8657A3D3CC (resized).jpegDD4E9E85-9340-4BF8-8D8C-0184078ACDBE (resized).jpegDD4E9E85-9340-4BF8-8D8C-0184078ACDBE (resized).jpeg
#9848 3 years ago

Yeah. At this point I'm going to pursue a replacement board. Thanks all.

#9849 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yeah. At this point I'm going to pursue a replacement board. Thanks all.

Have you reseated the connector where it plugs into node board 9?
I had truck issues for awhile, nothing seemed to help, took the truck apart, cleaned optos, realigned the paddle so it was more even with the optos, reseated the connector at the opto, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn’t, then it stopped working altogether. Looked in the manual and saw the optos plugged into node board 9, reseated it there even though it did not seem loose and it’s been perfect for hundreds of games now.

#9850 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Have you reseated the connector where it plugs into node board 9?
I had truck issues for awhile, nothing seemed to help, took the truck apart, cleaned optos, realigned the paddle so it was more even with the optos, reseated the connector at the opto, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn’t, then it stopped working altogether. Looked in the manual and saw the optos plugged into node board 9, reseated it there even though it did not seem loose and it’s been perfect for hundreds of games now.

This. Board is likely not your issue. Do you have a Multimeter (I assumed you did but I was taken aback by your comment above about getting shocked.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 14.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/197?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.