(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 424.
#9601 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're a lucky man. When my wife disappears after dinner, it usually has something to do with colsond3 .

Sounds like a lot to unpack. Do we laugh or cry at that?

#9602 3 years ago

So damn close today, and I accidentally took a harder path, and not even a GC game

20210219_140628 (resized).jpg20210219_140628 (resized).jpg20210219_140632 (resized).jpg20210219_140632 (resized).jpg20210219_140754 (resized).jpg20210219_140754 (resized).jpg20210219_140800 (resized).jpg20210219_140800 (resized).jpg
#9603 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So damn close today, and I accidentally took a harder path, and not even a GC game

Its much easier to get close, that's about the same for me close wise when u concentrate strictly on getting to the end. This game which for me is probably the best pinball machine I've ever owned, its more than fun enough just doing T Rex missions, Chaos multi's and Raptor's. The first time around the theme for some reason didn't click and I sold it. This time however I couldn't be happier. Nice and loud with a T-Rex multi and everything else going its just incredible.

#9604 3 years ago

Thrilled to have a prem in the house. First night impressions: WOW! Fast, challenging, fun!

20210220_202947 (resized).jpg20210220_202947 (resized).jpg
#9605 3 years ago

Regarding fan noise, I remember it well with Aerosmith, anyone have feedback on 300W SPIKE PLUG N PLAY QUIET FAN KIT?? Is it reliable? Provide enough air circulation?

#9606 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Regarding fan noise, I remember it well with Aerosmith, anyone have feedback on 300W SPIKE PLUG N PLAY QUIET FAN KIT?? Is it reliable? Provide enough air circulation?

I installed PinMonk’s fan. A bit of a pita but worth it. No problems with heat and I’ve had many hours long nights on JP.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#9607 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

It works perfectly, and you never know it’s there.

#9608 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I installed PinMonk’s fan. A bit of a pita but worth it. No problems with heat and I’ve had many hours long nights on JP.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

This is a must-install mod in my opinion and the first thing I order even before the new machine arrives.

#9609 3 years ago

I’m looking for suggestions on what to use for replacement post sleeves. I want the game to play as close as possible to factory. I have seen the following replacement posts.
Marco - black rubber post sleeves
Marco - Super Bands post sleeves
PBL- Perfect Play thin rubber post sleeves
Thoughts?

#9610 3 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I’m looking for suggestions on what to use for replacement post sleeves. I want the game to play as close as possible to factory. I have seen the following replacement posts.
Marco - black rubber post sleeves
Marco - Super Bands post sleeves
PBL- Perfect Play thin rubber post sleeves
Thoughts?

I like the thin but they do play a little different than the stock.... not much, but a little.

#9611 3 years ago

I recently had an issue with the jaw not working on the trex. Turned out to be one of the pins that move the jaw has broken loose from the metal frame. I epoxied the pin back and issue appears to be resolved. Question I hope someone can answer is I updated to the latest software 1.03 during the trex repair hoping that the diagnostics might help me in the newer software version. Now when I play I notice the trex reacts differently than before and the ball comes out much sooner on trex multiball. Is this normal to the newer software?

#9612 3 years ago

My premium got a make over... This pin is a long term keeper.
My only complaint is sterns choice of ball guides that scratch the clear coat all over the playfield. I bought some carbon fiber from Cliff. Fixing all the issues this week.

5D29A36D-8ACE-4BE1-8123-59284B0E0250 (resized).jpeg5D29A36D-8ACE-4BE1-8123-59284B0E0250 (resized).jpeg9A8FDF30-A6B7-4944-8ABE-A2A5D6F9F5DB (resized).jpeg9A8FDF30-A6B7-4944-8ABE-A2A5D6F9F5DB (resized).jpeg
#9613 3 years ago

I haven’t played this baby in a while but I had a decent game tonight.

3D2D80DA-FC5C-4AB4-8F1E-91F0B2BCC2F0.jpeg3D2D80DA-FC5C-4AB4-8F1E-91F0B2BCC2F0.jpeg7EB31069-EB4E-472C-8EC4-67F12D89044F.jpeg7EB31069-EB4E-472C-8EC4-67F12D89044F.jpeg
#9614 3 years ago

Happy to be back in the club! I left my last one go too abruptly. I was hot on something new and shiny, and ended up talking myself into selling JP and justifying it by saying I didn't find it very satisfying. I managed to keep believing that for six months. A few weeks ago I posted in a TMNT vs JP thread, and at one point made the comment that while I prefer TMNT, and mentioned some negatives about JP, I felt like I was talking myself into giving it a second chance. Well guess what? Not even three weeks after posting that, JP is back in the house, LOL! I am definitely re-honeymooning with it, and questioning why I left it go in the first place. Yes, I still think paddocks are a bit of a slog, but lately I have been focusing more on keeping a good rescue streak and even trying for perfect paddocks and that has kept my interest much higher. T-Rex modes are heart pumpers...maybe some of the best modes in pinball. Love em.

I had stated that JP isn't a very satisfying shooter. I was wrong (and honestly trying to help justify letting it go). It is a difficult shooter for sure, and if you miss it can feel clunky. But when you are on and hitting them, it's pretty awesome. Very unique shots, and they do feel great when you hit them. I think part of my problem is it isn't the style of playfield I usually gravitate towards. I generally like tons of flow, somewhat easier shots, Steve Ritchie/John Borg style. JP is much more of a sharp-shooter game. The flow and combos for miles are there, but it takes real skill to hit them. I especially struggle with the upper flipper shots, but nailing them feels so good. And honestly, what other game can make a single stand-up target feel more satisfying to hit than the smart missile when lit. So sweet. And picking off the set trap targets is pretty cool too, especially with the twist of the truck position making them more difficult. Just great placement and use of space.

I had picked up an A:IQ while JP was gone. Honestly that game went a long way to making me miss and appreciate JP more. I do prefer A:IQ overall...it has some of the same feel with very unique shots and tons of combos available, but I find it to be a (mostly) easier shooter leading to much more obtainable flow. But you can tell they have the same DNA (no pun intended?). They make a great 1-2 punch, and I really hope to add an Iron Maiden to complete the KME trilogy at some point. It's funny how his shots and rules make you hungry for more. It's hard to believe he has only designed three games so far and they are all this good. I can't imagine what he'll be doing with more experience under his belt.

Long story short, I am glad to say I have come to my senses and it's great to have the dinos roaming in my basement again. I think it will be a very long term resident this time. Now to rebuy all the friggin mods I sold with the first one... LOL

#9615 3 years ago

Welcome back! JP is an amazing game but IMDN is Elwins masterpiece if you ask me. Definitely get your hands on a premium and you won’t be disappointed. I honestly think it’s the best pin ever made. Can’t wait to see what he does with...Godzilla? I skipped AIQ, Stern rushed him on that one and it shows. Plus...I’m not a superhero guy.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Happy to be back in the club! I left my last one go too abruptly. I was hot on something new and shiny, and ended up talking myself into selling JP and justifying it by saying I didn't find it very satisfying. I managed to keep believing that for six months. A few weeks ago I posted in a TMNT vs JP thread, and at one point made the comment that while I prefer TMNT, and mentioned some negatives about JP, I felt like I was talking myself into giving it a second chance. Well guess what? Not even three weeks after posting that, JP is back in the house, LOL! I am definitely re-honeymooning with it, and questioning why I left it go in the first place. Yes, I still think paddocks are a bit of a slog, but lately I have been focusing more on keeping a good rescue streak and even trying for perfect paddocks and that has kept my interest much higher. T-Rex modes are heart pumpers...maybe some of the best modes in pinball. Love em.
I had stated that JP isn't a very satisfying shooter. I was wrong (and honestly trying to help justify letting it go). It is a difficult shooter for sure, and if you miss it can feel clunky. But when you are on and hitting them, it's pretty awesome. Very unique shots, and they do feel great when you hit them. I think part of my problem is it isn't the style of playfield I usually gravitate towards. I generally like tons of flow, somewhat easier shots, Steve Ritchie/John Borg style. JP is much more of a sharp-shooter game. The flow and combos for miles are there, but it takes real skill to hit them. I especially struggle with the upper flipper shots, but nailing them feels so good. And honestly, what other game can make a single stand-up target feel more satisfying to hit than the smart missile when lit. So sweet. And picking off the set trap targets is pretty cool too, especially with the twist of the truck position making them more difficult. Just great placement and use of space.
I had picked up an A:IQ while JP was gone. Honestly that game went a long way to making me miss and appreciate JP more. I do prefer A:IQ overall...it has some of the same feel with very unique shots and tons of combos available, but I find it to be a (mostly) easier shooter leading to much more obtainable flow. But you can tell they have the same DNA (no pun intended?). They make a great 1-2 punch, and I really hope to add an Iron Maiden to complete the KME trilogy at some point. It's funny how his shots and rules make you hungry for more. It's hard to believe he has only designed three games so far and they are all this good. I can't imagine what he'll be doing with more experience under his belt.
Long story short, I am glad to say I have come to my senses and it's great to have the dinos roaming in my basement again. I think it will be a very long term resident this time. Now to rebuy all the friggin mods I sold with the first one... LOL

#9616 3 years ago

Wow, after a long slump, just finished up a game with what seemed like a 5 minute Chaos Multiball. Earned off a Smart Missile; don’t usually get chaos as I am not as good at all of the shots. But boy that was fun, was running all 6 balls at 2 separate times. Not sure how I didn’t get an extra ball out of all of that.

#9617 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Welcome back! JP is an amazing game but IMDN is Elwins masterpiece if you ask me. Definitely get your hands on a premium and you won’t be disappointed. I honestly think it’s the best pin ever made. Can’t wait to see what he does with...Godzilla? I skipped AIQ, Stern rushed him on that one and it shows. Plus...I’m not a superhero guy.

Man...that really makes me want IMDN even more. Wife and kids vetoed me on it and we went with JP instead. Awesome game anyway. You own both in a home setting and prefer Maiden. Are you a fan, or is the game layout just better to you, or both?

#9618 3 years ago

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of the band but I do like first wave British metal sooo it doesn’t hurt my opinion of the game haha. That being said there are plenty of people who HATE the band and are obsessed with the pin though, that’s for sure. It’s a near perfect machine IMO. I will love to see if Elwin can top it.

Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Man...that really makes me want IMDN even more. Wife and kids vetoed me on it and we went with JP instead. Awesome game anyway. You own both in a home setting and prefer Maiden. Are you a fan, or is the game layout just better to you, or both?

#9619 3 years ago

FYI for anyone whose left ramp / t-rex ramp plastic cracks at one of the screws like mine recently did (the plastic that keeps the ball from hopping over the optos), Ulekstore sells replacements: https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm
The part isn't even listen in the manual so I was grateful to find this online and wanted to share!

#9620 3 years ago

I finally finished this game and man what a rush that was. Everything was on factory settings. I ended up getting 3 extra balls that really helped me reach the end. The game lasted around 40 minutes long and I didn’t even have flipper fans. Great pin!

CD38CCCF-7467-4EAC-8045-708D8E100322.pngCD38CCCF-7467-4EAC-8045-708D8E100322.pngA6E5EC44-C423-423B-B41A-7FABE6FEBFA7.jpegA6E5EC44-C423-423B-B41A-7FABE6FEBFA7.jpeg95AB3838-0151-4EB0-8D3D-CE1ABFE29985.png95AB3838-0151-4EB0-8D3D-CE1ABFE29985.png
#9621 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I finally finished this game and man what a rush that was. Everything was on factory settings. I ended up getting 3 extra balls that really helped me reach the end. The game lasted around 40 minutes long and I didn’t even have flipper fans. Great pin!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!! I’ve never even got close! Well done!

#9622 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! I still haven't done it. Close, but haven't put it all together yet.

But you do have one more goal...When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth! That's one I do not expect to ever see, but I'm glad to know it's there just in case!

#9623 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Anybody having issues shattering the clear plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp? On my Pro, I shattered the original plastic on both sides of the front screws. I ordered replacements from Ulek and the first replacement shattered in the same place after a week. I have another spare but I am afraid to attach it as I don't want it to shatter as well. For now, I cut out a piece of acrylic and covered it with mylar - doesn't look very good, but it's at least functional. We'll see how long it lasts.
Anyone else have problems with the plastic guard above the TRex ramp entrace shattering? What was your fix?

Quoted from timlah79:

FYI for anyone whose left ramp / t-rex ramp plastic cracks at one of the screws like mine recently did (the plastic that keeps the ball from hopping over the optos), Ulekstore sells replacements: https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm
The part isn't even listen in the manual so I was grateful to find this online and wanted to share!

I posted a few weeks ago having this issue with shattering the plastic guard above the ramp. My original shattered, I ordered 2 replacements from Ulek (to have a spare) and the replacement shattered within a day after installing. I then cut a piece out of acrylic and covered with mylar. That has been working fine for the past month. I still have a second Ulek one, but I'm scared to install in fear of it breaking. I'm not sure why the one I made has held up, someone responded to check if the posts are tight (they are) and the screws tight (they are).

Interestingly, I had the same issue with my Walking Dead a year ago and I ordered from Ulek the plastic piece that goes above the ramp and that one has been flawless. That one does seem to be thicker than the one they made for the JP2.

That Ulek sells these pieces leads me to believe that we're not the only ones having problems with the guard cracking.

#9624 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Awesome! I still haven't done it. Close, but haven't put it all together yet.
But you do have one more goal...When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth! That's one I do not expect to ever see, but I'm glad to know it's there just in case!

I agree just one more task but it’s going to take almost a perfect run. It’s actually a lot of shots to complete all the mini wizards, I think finished 2 of the 3. I really like how it finishes and when I walked away from JP I really felt like I survived and escaped from the Island.

#9625 3 years ago

My Control Room VUK / Post is about 1/8" below the surface of the playfield. Now and again a ball will get stuck there, and then the ball search launches it into the glass like a cannon. Scares the piss out of whoever is playing. I've not messed with this particular component before. Is this common, and is it a relatively simple adjustment to get it back to level with the playfield?

#9626 3 years ago

To the above question, does anyone know the thread size.

#9627 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

My Control Room VUK / Post is about 1/8" below the surface of the playfield. Now and again a ball will get stuck there, and then the ball search launches it into the glass like a cannon. Scares the piss out of whoever is playing. I've not messed with this particular component before. Is this common, and is it a relatively simple adjustment to get it back to level with the playfield?

Yes - it’s a threaded stop under the coil with a jam nut to lock it. Takes 5 min tops. You’ll be mad at yourself for waiting so long to fix it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181#post-6068332

#9628 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yes - it’s a threaded stop under the coil with a jam nut to lock it. Takes 5 min tops. You’ll be mad at yourself for waiting so long to fix it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181#post-6068332

This. And definitely fix it ASAP. The JP I just picked up had the post in the back spinner/loop about a half inch low. Unfortunately it shows a decent amount of wear from being like that for quite a few plays before I fixed it. 5 minute fix, if that, to not only play right but also save playfield wear.

#9629 3 years ago

Don't know why, wanted to see if anything was uv reactive on the playfield. The one flipper bat haha.

IMG_20210223_234057665 (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_234057665 (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_234023082 (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_234023082 (resized).jpg
#9630 3 years ago

Besides tightening the out lanes a little, are there any other subtle ways to make JP a little easier?

I'd like to say it's just for my 6yr old son who's really starting to love JP, but I'm stagnating quite a bit. After 1000+ games, my high score is ~650 million (which I set in the first month or two of ownership), I haven't seen anything new in the game for a long time and am yet to reach any of the wizard modes. I've tried the "play better" route, but it seems my JP is set up a little hard, or my skills just aren't good enough.

I play it every day and absolutely love it still, especially with Timlah's code, but my improvement just isn't there.

Any ideas?

#9631 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Besides tightening the out lanes a little, are there any other subtle ways to make JP a little easier?
I'd like to say it's just for my 6yr old son who's really starting to love JP, but I'm stagnating quite a bit. After 1000+ games, my high score is ~650 million (which I set in the first month or two of ownership), I haven't seen anything new in the game for a long time and am yet to reach any of the wizard modes. I've tried the "play better" route, but it seems my JP is set up a little hard, or my skills just aren't good enough.
I play it every day and absolutely love it still, especially with Timlah's code, but my improvement just isn't there.
Any ideas?

set to 5 balls per game, 4 replay levels rewarding extra ball not credit and if you like set the replay levels quite low. That's a start, then if still pushed you can adjust LETTER etc levels like number of hits to start or finish a mode etc

All these can be put back to factory when you've either had enough or find your skills get better.

#9632 3 years ago

I’ve been having a blast adding the various toys that have been recommended in this thread. I got the replacement jeep installed yesterday, and it works really well. Yes I put it on backwards on purpose, just so I could see it better for the time being.

Next up, speaker lights and green plastic protectors under slings.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6wyKZ4k

#9633 3 years ago

Just updated the code to the enhanced fan edit 1.03 code yesterday. It is next level, recommend and pretty easy to do.

20210223_201430 (resized).jpg20210223_201430 (resized).jpg
#9634 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Just updated the code to the enhanced fan edit 1.03 code yesterday. It is next level, recommend and pretty easy to do.
[quoted image]

timlah79 ’s modded assets are absolutely unbelievable. Please donate to his efforts.

#9635 3 years ago

Any ideas?

I know exactly how you feel, I think I am getting considerably better as a player because of this game, but my scores and progress are not showing it. I set my high score over one year ago, about 600 games later still rarely see over 200million. This game makes me feel like I really suck, but for some reason it is the one I play the most. I tried putting it on 5 ball and still can’t capture a fifth Dino.

#9636 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I posted a few weeks ago having this issue with shattering the plastic guard above the ramp. My original shattered, I ordered 2 replacements from Ulek (to have a spare) and the replacement shattered within a day after installing. I then cut a piece out of acrylic and covered with mylar. That has been working fine for the past month. I still have a second Ulek one, but I'm scared to install in fear of it breaking. I'm not sure why the one I made has held up, someone responded to check if the posts are tight (they are) and the screws tight (they are).
Interestingly, I had the same issue with my Walking Dead a year ago and I ordered from Ulek the plastic piece that goes above the ramp and that one has been flawless. That one does seem to be thicker than the one they made for the JP2.
That Ulek sells these pieces leads me to believe that we're not the only ones having problems with the guard cracking.

Interesting and sorry I didn't see your previous post. I'll follow up if the new Ulek one cracks. I bought 2 for good measure. I will say that once I noticed my stock one had cracked it was the upper left connection. Also I noticed that both my posts were loose at the same time.

#9637 3 years ago

Any ideas?

If you open the leaf switches on the sling shots a little, they won't do so much action. Will make it a little easier. Adjust tilt pendulum to make it possible to judge a fair amount (death safe should be nearly unpossible). A lot of home users cheat on completely remove tilt...

If you want to improve your skill: learn how to control and max out Multiballs. It's possible to make a lot of points even in T-Rex and Raptor Multiball for example (my best Raptor was 500 mio+, T-Rex 300mio+, still didn't reach escape nublar...). The key to JP in general is ball control imo. If you just shoot it's fun, but you will drain soon. Try to stop balls, gain control, and make accurate shots. That will make you progress much further.

#9638 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

set to 5 balls per game, 4 replay levels rewarding extra ball not credit and if you like set the replay levels quite low. That's a start, then if still pushed you can adjust LETTER etc levels like number of hits to start or finish a mode etc
All these can be put back to factory when you've either had enough or find your skills get better.

Hell, I may do all that with the exception of the 5 balls. I also have great difficulty reaching the deeper modes. It would be nice to see them at least once. Yes, I do sometimes play the escape nublar challenge

#9639 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

timlah79 ’s modded assets are absolutely unbelievable. Please donate to his efforts.

Agreed and done.

#9640 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Thank you! Yes - super simple! The set screw had just become loose and unscrewed itself a bit. Tightened back up and it's all set. Also adjusted my set screws for the raptor gate as it didn't lower quite enough to free the ball on raptor jackpot / ball search.

#9641 3 years ago

Re-joining the JP club, second JP Premium just ordered...

#9642 3 years ago

Just joined the club last weekend. What a stellar pin! Usually not into mods much, but I thought I would fool around making an interesting 3D speaker grill. Printing tonight, better half will paint tomorrow. May take a few iterations to get it looking right.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Update: First prints. Needs some tweaking

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9643 3 years ago

Installed the Stern art blades the other day and thought I would share since I could only find a few pics of them installed. I had the Tilt Graphics blades in my old machine and liked them quite a bit, but I really love how these look.

1EBBDF0A-4406-47A7-A04E-BBFC0FC5B10C (resized).jpeg1EBBDF0A-4406-47A7-A04E-BBFC0FC5B10C (resized).jpegB75B1628-9D0F-4881-805A-5E4550538180 (resized).jpegB75B1628-9D0F-4881-805A-5E4550538180 (resized).jpeg17206E15-A087-4BF4-B47B-BEB80F048B3F (resized).jpeg17206E15-A087-4BF4-B47B-BEB80F048B3F (resized).jpeg
#9644 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Installed the Stern art blades the other day and thought I would share since I could only find a few pics of them installed. I had the Tilt Graphics blades in my old machine and liked them quite a bit, but I really love how these look. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I have a set on order with my Prem but had not seen them installed. I like!!

#9645 3 years ago

If all goes well I will be part of the club next week! Had a question though.

Has anyone installed these onto their JP?

They look similar to the official Stern ones but let me know if the quality is comparable.

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

#9646 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thank you! I have a set on order with my Prem but had not seen them installed. I like!!

There is a lot of detail I didn't manage to capture well in the pics. If you look close at the eye, a part of the image from the LE backglass is reflected in it. It's a nice little touch that I had no idea was there.

Now my big question...is it a T-Rex or a Raptor on the blades? I mostly hear it referred to as a T-Rex, but I'm not sure...

#9647 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There is a lot of detail I didn't manage to capture well in the pics. If you look close at the eye, a part of the image from the LE backglass is reflected in it. It's a nice little touch that I had no idea was there.
Now my big question...is it a T-Rex or a Raptor on the blades? I mostly hear it referred to as a T-Rex, but I'm not sure...

Its a raptor on the blades but the reflection in the eye is a T-Rex, which is a cool detail i didn't know was there until I saw them in person.
I put a different set on but I might still buy a stern set just to keep for "someday maybe".
Those look good.

#9648 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its a raptor on the blades but the reflection in the eye is a T-Rex, which is a cool detail i didn't know was there until I saw them in person.
I put a different set on but I might still buy a stern set just to keep for "someday maybe".
Those look good.

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear...it's definitely a T-Rex in the reflection, but I wasn't sure about who's eye the reflection is in. I am leaning towards it being a raptor also, but I've seen it called T-Rex multiple times so wasn't sure. I'm going to stick with raptor. They are clever after-all...

#9649 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

If all goes well I will be part of the club next week! Had a question though.
Has anyone installed these onto their JP?
They look similar to the official Stern ones but let me know if the quality is comparable.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

There are a lot of posts about this with positive reviews. The main difference is that the Modfather's does not come illuminated (which is a must IMO). There is a post by Markharris2000 , however, in this thread (or LE/prem) that shows a DIY to add LEDs.

#9650 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There are a lot of posts about this with positive reviews. The main difference is that the Modfather's does not come illuminated (which is a must IMO). There is a post by markharris2000 , however, in this thread (or LE/prem) that shows a DIY to add LEDs.

I appreciate the info, thanks! Ill take a look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/193?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.