(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,309 posts
  • 991 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 521 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg
JP_pops_2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpg
zCT7jYz (resized).jpg
315AE957-3F47-4304-9916-522DDC77FF1A (resized).jpeg
E55E7EF8-B041-4CE8-A137-DFB84B1B46D3 (resized).jpeg
1E10FC0D-95DB-4860-AD41-633E8332F4CB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 247.
#9551 9 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

I got a question for you modders? I got some toy dinosaurs and would like to add them to the playfeild. What type of glue do you use. I was thinking of hot glue or clear caulking. I want something that can be removed if needed. Thank for your help.

Neither. I typically mount mine via wire to some nearby screw/nut. If you are actually wanting to stick them somewhere, then I recommend clear mounting tape which is strong and removable: amazon.com link »

#9552 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Neither. I typically mount mine via wire to some nearby screw/nut. If you are actually wanting to stick them somewhere, then I recommend clear mounting tape which is strong and removable: amazon.com link »

How do you get the wire to stay on the dinosaur. Melt it in the plastic?

#9553 9 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

Just drill a little hole and pop the wire in an inch or so.

#9554 9 months ago

I use a little bit of JBweld to fully secure the wire in the hole.

Quoted from sushko:

#9555 9 months ago

Thanks guys for your help. I will post pictures when done.

#9556 9 months ago

I was wondering what wire you guys use. Found this on Amazon.

amazon.com link »

#9557 9 months ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Do you mean the upper right flipper to to tower shot? If yes, mine flowed much better after tweaking the ramp flap screw on the left side. The ball was actually hitting the screw and jumping a bit before going up the tower. You can shave the screw head down a bit so it stops happening, makes the shot a million times better IMO.

I finally shaved down the screw at my Tower Ramp. Wow what a difference! Did not take much and now I can hit that shot fairly easily. Before, it was reject city.

#9558 9 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

Drill a tiny entry and exit hole, run the wire through, bend and the end and pull back and secure with super glue. There are a couple of examples here in the thread.

#9559 9 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

I was wondering what wire you guys use. Found this on Amazon.
amazon.com link »

I've posted before, here is what I use: amazon.com link »

Strong enough to support a lot of weight, but flexible enough to bend with pliers and have some spring to it when used to install dinos.

#9560 9 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Just drill a little hole and pop the wore in an inch or so.

Dirty!

#9561 9 months ago

My lights seem awfully dim. I hooked up a light under the apron as I always do and it seems barely visible. All the GI is quite low. I think I remember with my first JP it was like that but this seems more pronounced. Any thoughts as to why?

#9562 9 months ago
Quoted from rickyray:

I finally shaved down the screw at my Tower Ramp. Wow what a difference! Did not take much and now I can hit that shot fairly easily. Before, it was reject city.

I might try this out, what tool did you use to shave them down? And did you shave the helicopter shot as well?

#9563 9 months ago

Maybe this has been covered but I can’t find it... I’m trying to diagnose helicopter shot rejects from the LEFT flipper. I recently waxed the play field (probably 40 plays on it) and I feel like the rejects might be spin related... seemingly clean shot up that right helicopter only to rattle around and have zero juice to mosey even a quarter way up the pipe...

Suggestions? Is this normal in your games? Similar is true on the C shot. Seems my balls spin and get bounced between the metal rails on the c shot more than they should...

#9564 9 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Maybe this has been covered but I can’t find it... I’m trying to diagnose helicopter shot rejects from the LEFT flipper. I recently waxed the play field (probably 40 plays on it) and I feel like the rejects might be spin related... seemingly clean shot up that right helicopter only to rattle around and have zero juice to mosey even a quarter way up the pipe...
Suggestions? Is this normal in your games? Similar is true on the C shot. Seems my balls spin and get bounced between the metal rails on the c shot more than they should...

Do you have the correct pitch at 7 degrees?

#9565 9 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Maybe try slightly adjusting flipper power up or down. A little change in flipper power can make a difference in the setup of this game.

#9566 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe try slightly adjusting flipper power up or down. A little change in flipper power can make a difference in the setup of this game.

Yes. Pitch is correct. I’ll play with the flipper strength.

#9567 9 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Yes. Pitch is correct. I’ll play with the flipper strength.

One other important thing for making the helipad shot is to see if the ball is transitioning smoothly from the ball guide to the flipper without hopping away from the face of the flipper. If the ball hops on that transition from guide to flipper instead of just rolling smoothly down the face of the flipper it makes the helipad a lot more difficult to hit.

Overall I found the setup on this game to be a balance of pitch and flipper power. Since machines will have slight differences, there isn't one correct way to go about it. I'd say just try making slight adjustments down or up to both pitch and flipper power until you find a setup that works well for getting all the shots makable on your machine. I slightly drooped my lower flipper also.

#9568 9 months ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

My lights seem awfully dim. I hooked up a light under the apron as I always do and it seems barely visible. All the GI is quite low. I think I remember with my first JP it was like that but this seems more pronounced. Any thoughts as to why?

Did you go into settings and make sure GIs are turned to max? Here's my JP pro with all the GI replaced with 5v warm whites, and Lermods apron and back strips. A spot light or 2 on slings would top it off but I think I'm good with this setup. Edit-pics look alot nicer on my phone. This site washes out some of the color. The pics look nicer if you click on them.

20210205_170625 (resized).jpg20210205_170638 (resized).jpg

#9569 9 months ago
Quoted from pterofractal:

I might try this out, what tool did you use to shave them down? And did you shave the helicopter shot as well?

FYI: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/173#post-6025622

#9570 9 months ago

Thank you! That does appear to be a different approach, I might bring the included screws to home depot and see if I can find smaller diameter heads. If I do and it works I'll post the part information here!

#9571 9 months ago

Thank you! That does appear to be a different approach, I might bring the included screws to home depot and see if I can find smaller diameter heads. If I do and it works I'll post the part information here!

Another (more expensive) option is to use Cliffy’s protectors. The JP set comes with carbon ramp flaps that stick down (no screws). Remove the stock steel flaps and just stick these down. Makes a fairly noticeable difference imo.

73BF6B2E-C2A6-4821-9AF4-71AAB030B8A3 (resized).jpeg
#9572 9 months ago

I’ve seen stuck UNDER the truck but this got a good laugh. T-Rex mouth throw....took me sec to figure out where it went!

329CE367-83C8-4679-B5CA-AADAE722E0B6 (resized).jpegF9929E4F-5E2C-4917-BAE2-51A76A04F5C1 (resized).jpeg
#9573 9 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you go into settings and make sure GIs are turned to max?

I did that thanks, slight improvement. What is the 255 max GI brightness? I turned it all the way up anyway. Always add at least one spot to the right sling. Maybe I'll do the left. It isn't bad and I've started changing the GI to more my liking with cool whites and some colors where needed. I remember this game seeming a bit darker than my other pins when I first owned it. She's starting to get there. I appreciate the advice.

#9574 9 months ago

I got these from Home Depot and worked for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/172#post-6022448

#9575 9 months ago

Dialing down the left flipper power a bit seemed to do the trick. Also for what it’s worth I have pinstadiums amd it’s pretty nice.

D3EE4230-E25B-43EC-9C79-F83A5FF267BB (resized).jpeg
#9576 9 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Dialing down the left flipper power a bit seemed to do the trick. Also for what it’s worth I have pinstadiums amd it’s pretty nice.
[quoted image]

Looks like the Pinstadium on the right has fallen. I've found that the magnetic strip doesn't like to stick to the game blades sometimes. Wipe the area down with some adhesion promoter before re sticking the magnetic strip. Problem solved.

#9577 9 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Another (more expensive) option is to use Cliffy’s protectors. The JP set comes with carbon ramp flaps that stick down (no screws). Remove the stock steel flaps and just stick these down. Makes a fairly noticeable difference imo. [quoted image]

Sorry buy can you confirm, did you actually remove the s/steel metal flaps altogether and replaced to with the carbon. I know thats what you wrote but wanna be sure. Is your approach what is required for these cliffys btw

#9578 9 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Sorry buy can you confirm, did you actually remove the s/steel metal flaps altogether and replaced to with the carbon. I know thats what you wrote but wanna be sure. Is your approach what is required for these cliffys btw

I can’t Speak for a kidkoffee but that is what I did .....works great. ( I removed the steel flaps)

#9579 9 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Quoted from Green-Machine:

I can’t Speak for a kidkoffee but that is what I did .....works great. ( I removed the steel flaps)

Yep. First time getting carbon fiber protectors from Cliff, but I trust him and these work great so far.

#9580 9 months ago

Hate the dino heads by the slings, gone. Red Raptor cage. The last photo, is that normal for the rest of ya in terms of flipper alignment with the post?

DSC04550 (resized).JPGDSC04552 (resized).JPGDSC04556 (resized).JPG
#9581 9 months ago

Hate the dino heads by the slings, gone. Red Raptor cage. The last photo, is that normal for the rest of ya in terms of flipper alignment with the post?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, alignment of the upper flipper is designed to have the front plastic face of the flipper bat be even with the alignment hole. That way balls rolling past the flipper hit the post and deflect instead of going SDTM.

#9582 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, alignment of the upper flipper is designed to have the front plastic face of the flipper bat be even with the alignment hole. That way balls rolling past the flipper hit the post and deflect instead of going SDTM.

That looks kind of exaggerated compared to mine. The ball still glances off the post on mine, but that one looks like the ball could hit the flipper directly on the way up the loop there. Here's mine.

IMG_20210216_212355747 (resized).jpg

#9583 9 months ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to see your stats after the game is over. Call me a nerd but I’m always wondering how many dna combos, rescues, captures, fossils etc. that I got. I know before the game ends you can hold the flipper and get those stats but once the third ball drains everything disappears.
Thanks.

#9584 9 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That looks kind of exaggerated compared to mine. The ball still glances off the post on mine, but that one looks like the ball could hit the flipper directly on the way up the loop there. Here's mine.

I think so. I would have noticed right out of the box and its taking a much more pronounced bounce of the post. Time for an adjustment I think. Thanks

#9585 9 months ago

Hate the dino heads by the slings, gone.

Same....

Screwed some trees into the holes.
14A4BC28-0CEB-4B7F-8767-FCBDCC17A362 (resized).jpeg

#9586 9 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Same....

Screwed some trees into the holes.

Interesting.
I've been thinking of what to do for the holes. Usually I know exactly what to do with "the holes" but in this case I'm stumped.

#9587 9 months ago

Interesting.
I've been thinking of what to do for the holes. Usually I know exactly what to do with "the holes" but in this case I'm stumped.

I've got these on my slings (done by the previous owner), I wasn't so keen on them initially but know I'm just used to them and like them

JP slings (resized).jpg
#9588 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've got these on my slings (done by the previous owner), I wasn't so keen on them initially but know I'm just used to them and like them

I'm thinking more like some green tape or a colored removable caulking. What did u do sir? Jesus.

#9589 9 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Looks like the Pinstadium on the right has fallen. I've found that the magnetic strip doesn't like to stick to the game blades sometimes. Wipe the area down with some adhesion promoter before re sticking the magnetic strip. Problem solved.

Scribbles - Is there a certain adhesion promoter you suggest? I'm also having an issue where the magnets on both ends keep coming apart. I have to take the glass off and "re-stick 'em" together.

#9590 9 months ago
Quoted from RedDragons5:

Scribbles - Is there a certain adhesion promoter you suggest? I'm also having an issue where the magnets on both ends keep coming apart. I have to take the glass off and "re-stick 'em" together.

That tends to happen if you forget to remove the light bars before lifting the playfield. It breaks the adhesive bond in a bad way and you can never really fix it. Pinstadium does sell new double sided strips to replace the damaged ones. Works good I did one of my light bars.

#9591 9 months ago
Quoted from RedDragons5:

Anything like these is fine. My company uses them at work. Depending on how weak the sticky has become on the magnetic strip, that may need to be replaced as well. Also readily available on Amazon in rolls.

Screenshot_20210217-133854_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#9592 9 months ago

I'm thinking more like some green tape or a colored removable caulking. What did u do sir? Jesus.

The dinos use the slings plastic holes to hold them in place

#9593 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The dinos use the slings plastic holes to hold them in place

No, No I meant what were u smoking when u put those giant dino statues on the slings.

As long as u like it.

#9594 9 months ago

No, No I meant what were u smoking when u put those giant dino statues on the slings.
As long as u like it.

They seem to be partially blocking the view of the playfield in front of the slings. A no no for me!

#9595 9 months ago

As long as u like it.

To each their own..... no for me...

#9596 9 months ago

I may be in the minority here but I would love for ‘INVALID FRENZY’ to be a reverse flipper mode a la TSPP ‘mystery spot’ or GB ‘Mass hysteria’ It really just makes sense for the glitching computer vibe plus I love the physicality of going cross arm ... not to mention the looks from random strangers like “WTF is this nerd doingggg right now?!?”

#9597 9 months ago

As long as u like it.

As I said they were installed by the previous owner, I was going to take them off but never got around to it - to busy playing Not that I'm a fan of the factory plastics either but haven't seen anything that I've gone "I must have that" lol

Quoted from MrMikeman:

They seem to be partially blocking the view of the playfield in front of the slings. A no no for me!

I don't notice it, but yes they do a bit - although if the ball triggers the sling, the ball doesn't get to stay there that long

#9598 9 months ago

Used a dremel and just shaved one side lightly. Just run the ball across the rail until you don't hit the screw anymore. My helicopter shot is fine, don't get any rejects from that shot.

#9599 9 months ago

Sooooo happy... this is like the third or fourth night in a row were my wife disappeared after dinner.... Checked the bathroom not there etc. Find her in a dark room playing a fully lit up Jurassic Park. She says she’s sweating. I think she starting to see the joy!

#9600 9 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Sooooo happy... this is like the third or fourth night in a row were my wife disappeared after dinner.... Checked the bathroom not there etc. Find her in a dark room playing a fully lit up Jurassic Park. She says she’s sweating. I think she starting to see the joy!

You're a lucky man. When my wife disappears after dinner, it usually has something to do with Colsond3 .

There are 12,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 247.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside